2004 FYE Trade-In Prices - LIST HERE (Farewell!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait a minute..i thought Black and Bruised got 27 dollars trade in credit at Strawberries and not at FYE. If it's that much at FYE i think i've been missing out on a game. I don't have a Strawberries here, but i do have an FYE and im running out of games to use.

[quote name='Devin']How much store credit does the PS2 version of ESPN NBA 2K4 fetch? The Xbox version fetches $24.00![/quote]

I think it's $17 (not 100% sure though)

Damned FYE! About two weeks ago I went in to do a trade-in but was told they wouldn't be accepting until after Christmas. Then last friday I called and the employee said only on Mon-Fri before 8. I went into the store the same day and was told that they would do trade-ins on the first day of next month. I hate when employees give wrong info. Perhaps a massive overhaul of trade-in prices is underway?

[quote name='GundamFan']Damned FYE! About two weeks ago I went in to do a trade-in but was told they wouldn't be accepting until after Christmas. Then last friday I called and the employee said only on Mon-Fri before 8. I went into the store the same day and was told that they would do trade-ins on the first day of next month. I hate when employees give wrong info. Perhaps a massive overhaul of trade-in prices is underway?[/quote]

I went into a Wherehouse yesterday at 11am, clerk said they start taking in trade ins at noon. Came back to get some pretty crappy prices and I asked why I had to wait till noon. The clerk said they'd rather help people who are buying stuff first. Since it was "busy" when I came in, they didn't want to tie up a register for trade ins. I really think that's BS and they made that policy up because if it is true, they should have some sign on their flyer and instore.

[quote name='joshthegreat69']Hmm. Gotta bump the FYE topic. Surprised it's not a sticky. Anyway, somebody tell me how much Black and Bruised gets at FYE!![/quote]

which system?

StriderTurbulence, it's time for an update. Look at ALL the new games and their trade-in prices that have been added in this thread since November 17, 2004. You should put ALL the games on the front page. Not just some.

[quote name='Devin']StriderTurbulence, it's time for an update. Look at ALL the new games and their trade-in prices that have been added in this thread since November 17, 2004. You should put ALL the games on the front page. Not just some.[/quote]

Ok I'm gonna answer for Strider here. Do you have any idea how much time that would take? The nice thing to do would be to ASK nicely for him to update the first page, even then I wouldn't expect him to do it simply because that would take a hell of a lot of time to go through every page. Besides, all the prices seem to be in a state of flux right now so there's no point in making anything concrete.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']I'm gonna answer for Strider here. Do you have any idea how much time that would take? The nice thing to do would be to ASK nicely for him to update the first page, even then I wouldn't expect him to do it simply because that would take a hell of a lot of time to go through every page. Besides, all the prices seem to be in a state of flux right now so there's no point in making anything concrete.[/quote]

I wasn't trying to be rude. I often ask him to update the first page. And it's not something that "CANT BE DONE!!" as you make it seem. I've done it several times:

[quote name='Devin'](September 11, 2004) StriderTurbulence, you forgot to list a whole bunch of games and stuff on the list that are in this thread. Also, there are a few games that I would like to add as well. Can you add these to the list on Page 1:

Boktai: The Sun is in Your Hands (GBA) - $7.50

Aggressive Inline (GCN) - $4.50
Dead To Rights (GCN) - $8.50
Home Run King (GCN) - $6.00-$8.50
Mega Man: Network Transmission (GCN) - $7.50
Smashing Drive (GCN) - $6.00-$8.50
Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy (GCN) - $6.00
Star Fox Adventures (GCN) - $8.50
Tetris Worlds (GCN) - $8.50
Universal Studios (GCN) - $8.50

Aggressive Inline (PS2) - $4.50
Auto Modellista (PS2) - $7.50
Contra: Shattered Soldier (PS2) - $6.00-$8.50
ESPN NHL 2K4 (PS2) - $17.00
Fatal Frame (PS2) - $8.00
Grand Theft Auto III (PS2) - $8.50
Le Mans 24 Hours (PS2) - $8.50
The Mark of Kri (PS2) - $6.00
MDK 2: Armageddon (PS2) - $6.00
NASCAR Thunder 2003 (PS2) - $11.00
No One Lives Forever (PS2) - $7.50
Oni (PS2) - $4.50
Orphen: Sorcery of Scion (PS2) - $4.50
Portal Runner (PS2) - $7.00
Ratchet & Clank (PS2) - $8.50
Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando (PS2) - $17.00
Red Dead Revolver (PS2) - $25.00
Rise To Honor (PS2) - $17.00
SOCOM: U.S. Navy Seals (PS2) - $14.00 [without headset]
Serious Sam: Next Encounter (PS2) - $7.50
Terminator: Dawn of Fate (PS2) - $8.50
Tomb Raider: Angel of Darkness (PS2) - $11.00
Unison (PS2) - $0.01
Way of the Samurai 2 (PS2) - $17.00

Amped (Xbox) - $7.50
Burnout 2 (Xbox) - $8.50
Dave Mirra 2 (Xbox) - $8.50
Dead To Rights (Xbox) - $8.50
Defender (Xbox) - $7.50
Fatal Frame (Xbox) - $8.00
Ghost Recon: Jungle Storm (Xbox) - $17.00
IHRA Motosports (Xbox) - $8.50
Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb (Xbox) - $8.50
Jet Set Radio Future (Xbox) - $6.00 [not the 2-in-1 pack]
Links 2004 (Xbox) - $7.50
Manhunt (Xbox) - $7.50
Mojo (Xbox) - $8.50
Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance (Xbox) - $6.00
NASCAR Thunder 2004 (Xbox) - $2.00
NFL Blitz Pro (Xbox) - $17.00
NHL Hitz 2003 (Xbox) - $1.00
Outlaw Volleyball (Xbox) - $8.00
Panzer Dragoon Orta (Xbox) - $6.00-$8.50
Rally Fusion (Xbox) - $7.50
Red Dead Revolver (Xbox) - $25.00
Serious Sam (Xbox) - $7.50
State of Emergency (Xbox) - $8.50
Star Wars: Jedi Starfighter (Xbox) - $7.50
Test Drive Off Road (Xbox) - $8.50
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4 (Xbox) - $8.50

Alien Ant Farm "ANTHOLOGY" (CD) - $4.50
Evanescence "FALLEN" (CD) - $6.25
P.O.D "SATELLITE LE" (CD) - $4.50
Stone Temple Pilots "THANK YOU" (CD) - $8.00
Story of the Year "PAGE AVENUE" (CD) - $3.00

Gang Tapes (DVD) - $7.50

Exhibition Volume 5 (Demos/Misc) - $1.00 [Xbox]
Jampack Winter 2003 (Demos/Misc) - $0.01 [PS2]
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Master Quest Disc (Demos/Misc) - $0.25 [GCN]

Thank me later!

- Devin[/quote]

[quote name='Devin'](September 25, 2004) StriderTurbulence, can you add these to the list also?:

Roadkill (GC) - $24.00 ($18.00 at some FYEs)
Activision Anthology (PS2) - $8.00
Haunted Mansion (PS2) - $17.00
NFL 2K3 (PS2) - $2.00
X-Files: Resist or Serve (PS2) - $11.00
Dark Summit (Xbox) - $6.00
Street Hoops (Xbox) - $8.50

Thanks! [/quote]

[quote name='Devin'](October 17, 2004) StriderTurbulence, I summed up all the games from this thread that aren't on the list. Can you add them?

Crazy Taxi: Catch a Ride (GBA) - $12.50
Golden Sun: The Lost Age (GBA) - $7.50

NFL QB Club 2002 (GC) - $2.00
Star Wars: Bounty Hunter (GC) - $8.50

Alter Echo (PS2) - $6.00
Arc The Lad: Twilight of Spirits (PS2) - $11.00
Def Jam Vendetta (PS2) - $7.50
ESPN NBA 2K5 (PS2) - $7.00
ESPN NFL Football 2K4 (PS2) - $1.00
Grandia 2 (PS2) - $7.50
Medal of Honor: Frontline (PS2) - $8.50
Mystic Heroes (PS2) - $7.00
NASCAR Thunder 2002 (PS2) - $2.00
NBA Street Vol. 2 (PS2) - $15.00
Nightshade (PS2) - $17.00
NFL Madden 2003 (PS2) - $6.00
NFL Street (PS2) - $7.50
NFL QB Club 2002 (PS2) - $2.00
Primal (PS2) - $1.00
Psi-Ops: The Mindgate Conspiracy (PS2) - $5.00
Rez (PS2) - $15.00
Roadkill (PS2) - $7.50
SledStorm (PS2) - $7.50
Spawn Armageddon (PS2) - $7.00
Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy (PS2) - $6.00
Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow (PS2) - $11.00
Star Wars: Jedi Starfighter (PS2) - $7.50
Syphon Filter: The Omega Strain (PS2) - $26.00
Transformers (PS2) - $11.00
Tribes: Aerial Assault (PS2) - $7.50
Van Helsing (PS2) - $11.00
Whirl Tour (PS2) - $8.50

Armed and Dangerous (Xbox) - $11.00
Batman: Dark Tomorrow (Xbox) - $7.50
Black Stone: Magic & Steel (Xbox) - $27.00
ESPN NBA 2K5 (Xbox) - $7.00
ESPN NBA Basketball (Xbox) -$14.00
Legends of Wrestling II (Xbox) - $6.00
Marrowind: GOTY Edition (Xbox) - $7.50
Spawn Armageddon (Xbox) - $7.00
Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow (Xbox) - $11.00
Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines (Xbox) - $7.50
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2X (Xbox) - $7.50

Better Luck Tomorrow (DVD) - $3.00

Thanks a lot!

- Devin[/quote]

^See that? I just figured that StriderTurbulence might want to update the list since it hasn't been updated in nearly a month!

[quote name='hutno']I think its time for a new thread[/quote]

trust me... i had no idea how much work this price tracking would be when i started this thread eons ago....

strider is the man for taking over....

the only way ANYONE whould start a new thread is if they acquired a behind the scenes official FYE list from the store.... like an employee print out or something....

[quote name='rly723']dang i had 2 copies of room zoom in my cart, when i clicked to confirm payment..all were sold out[/quote]

Try B&M maybe if you can.

[quote name='Devin']Important question:

How do you use your FYE store credit online (fye.com, coconuts.com, etc.)?[/quote]

The receipts can't be used but some stores will let you put it on a gift card which can be used online.

I think trade in values have been lowered in store now.

I went to trade in the following-

Batlle Engine Aquilla, Wherehouse was showing it as I think either $26 or $27 when the values were up. The trade in value in store showed $8

VF 4 Evolution was showing $8.50 on Wherehouse, the value was $6

Savage Skies was showning $4.50 on Wherehouse, the value was $4.

The last 2 weren't that big of a deal, compared to Battle Engine but I was not happy when I saw all 3 games declined in value.

Anyone else have similar findings with other games?

[quote name='joshthegreat69']Hmm. Gotta bump the FYE topic. Surprised it's not a sticky. Anyway, somebody tell me how much Black and Bruised gets at FYE!![/quote]

you know what...

i gotta agree.. the hits on this old thread more than warrant a LOOOONG overdue sticky....

i'm the OP... but Strider certainly is the man now... and i think he'd agree....

MODS... sticky please? 'tis loong overdue.

Well guys tomarrow i'll check the trade in prices at my local strawberries and see whats up, if the prices did drop there are a couple of games that increased in price (stressing couple)
SM:sunshine gets 13,
nfl 2k4 11,

and thats about it

I'll update the list sometime tommorow, just don't have the time right now.

I can say that Room Zoom, Sneakers, V-Rally 3, Dinotopia (XBOX Only)and Motor Trend Lotus Challenge still retain their (high)value.

[quote name='GundamFan']Sweet! I'm gonna have to check if I can get 11 for NFL 2k4, tho i can't do so til next month...[/quote]

Judging by what everyone else has said, the regular values are still on and NFL 2k4 is still only worth $2

Maybe it's just the store I went to that had lower values then? I know that the stores are supposed to be constant but it seems strange that out of 3 games I tried to trade in, all of them had lower values.

tell me if this is how it works at all FYE stores...

i had $24 in store credit. I went and got KOTOR.

she took my receipt with the credit on it and then scanned the game, put in that i gave her $24, and gave me my change back in cash.

is that how it works everywhere? if so i could've just easily bought a pack of gum the day i got my store credit and easily spent the money at any of the stores...

No it shouldn't always work like that. I think its some kind of quirk in their system and it depends on the clerk ringing it up. Usually you get another reciept with a barcode at the bottom of it that works as store credit. BTW what happened to you taking a dump in their store?

lol someone said it had already been done, and then i'd just be known as the guy who copied the guy who crapped in the store...

anyways this woman didnt really have a clue what she was doing. I handed her the receipt and she just stared at it for a few minutes then she was like is this number your store credit? and i'm like.... yes.....

and then she rang it up.

Just came back from the mall. Bought used copies of Trend Motor and ESPN NBA 2k4, and got the Gamespot guy to give me two blank dvd cases, which I then transferred the games to. A LONG wait later I walked away with 40 bucks, 13 from ESPN and 27 from Trend Motor.

I got the manager when I traded them in, and he looked very closely at the computer screen for about five minutes before lowering the price of the NBA game to 13. I wish he wasn't there - his employee was, at first, saying "Just give it to him." Ah well, still made a profit.

Hunting for more games tomorrow. Will post results.

Oh, and what you guys stated was true - the look on their faces when a 27 dollar trade in rings up is PRICELESS.

Oh, and I almost forgot, the guy gave me CASH. We have a special Games-only FYE, and the manager was confused at first but ended up giving me 40 cash, no deductions or anything. Sweet deal.

Can anyone give me a rough estimate of what I might get for Mega Man Battle Network 3 Blue(GBA)? Does it matter if it's sealed or not or should I just unwrap it before I go?

Probably $8.50. If you think you can get more elsewhere but still want to try it leave it sealed. I know everyone says to take off the shrinkwrap when trading in the games but on games that I am unsure about values, I leave the shrinkwrap on. I have never had a problem from any of the FYE's I have been to about trading in a sealed game.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']Probably $8.50. If you think you can get more elsewhere but still want to try it leave it sealed. I know everyone says to take off the shrinkwrap when trading in the games but on games that I am unsure about values, I leave the shrinkwrap on. I have never had a problem from any of the FYE's I have been to about trading in a sealed game.[/quote]

I haven't had any problems with that either. Sometimes they open it after telling me how much credit they can give, which they really should because it is possible to pop out the disc and reseal the game.

All high value trades are still good (Lotus, Sneakers, etc). Traded two $27 games (that I paid $10 total for) and grabbed a copy of Disgaea. :D

Anyone know if the price for Max Payne 2 (Xbox) is still around $17? And is Go Go Hypergrind still at $26 or $6? Haven't traded either of them lately, but picked up both today (cheapass Growlanser Generations SE here I come!)

Thanks!

They should be but YMMV, especially with Hypergrind.

And just as a heads up, someone posted in the deals forum that Blockbuster/Gamerush is matching trade in prices so that makes it even better for those of you who take advantage of the awesome Gamerush deals.

Hypergrind is definitely YMMV, one FYE offered me $6, another $26. Max Payne 2 (Xbox) was a steady $14 at both of 'em.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back