2004 FYE Trade-In Prices - LIST HERE (Farewell!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those $22.19 prices seem common, that's how much one FYE gave me today for La Puicelle Tactics, another gave me the full $25.

I got $6 for ESPN Basketball 2k4 and I was told that a lot of those high valued games (V-RAlly 3, those sports games, Room Zoom, etc) have been limited to 1 or 2 to a store so trade in wisely.

Transworld Surf (PS2) gets you $7.50. Never buy that game, it sucks badly. :cry:

[quote name='joystickz']Oh, my sweet sweet O.C. Racing....[/quote]

Actually, it scans as "DC RACER". Believe me, I know! :p

By the way, has anyone tried to trade in the game Scaler? Just by the looks of it, I get the feeling that this game's value is between the $25.00-$27.00 credit range. I have a good instinct for these things (hell, I was the one to let everyone know about Room Zoom - Page 37 of this thread). If anything, try your luck with the GameCube or Xbox versions of Scaler.

220458b.jpg
_
210685b.jpg
_
281102b.jpg

DOn't know if anyone has tried it yet, but it appears that media play, suncoast video and Sam Goody are now taking trade-ins. I'm sure that they probably have some crazy prices.

I hope my local Sam Goody takes trade ins, I wouldn't mind getting rid of some games that hopefully get more credit than at FYE (not expecting stuff like Room Zoom to get more but other games that are only $7.50 or $8.50 credit at FYE).

Would Suncoast take game trade ins though? (since I have never seen a Suncoast that sells games)

Yes, they do it is something new they are running in conjuction with Suncoast, Media Plays, and Sam Goodys. As always I would call just to make sure they are taking trade ins before going.

I don't think Sam Goody's trade in values would be very good. I remember seeing a bunch of used games like Breath of Fire V, R.A.D. and Circle of the moon going for about $13.

[quote name='Devin'][quote name='joystickz']Oh, my sweet sweet O.C. Racing....[/quote]

[/quote]

Well, the credit slip in my hands is for "O.C. Racing"

That's weird if it has three names....

Not surprised.
I'm sure someone else can back me up on "O.C. Racing"...

Can anyone else back him up on "D.C. Racer"?

[quote name='joystickz'][quote name='Devin'][quote name='joystickz']Oh, my sweet sweet O.C. Racing....[/quote]

[/quote]

Not surprised.

Can anyone else back him up on "D.C. Racer"?[/quote]

Additonally...

Does it really matter?

[quote name='FlyingPinkPandas']anyone know how much Sega SoccerSlam for the XBOX gets?[/quote] 6-7.50 i think

[quote name='hutno'][quote name='FlyingPinkPandas']anyone know how much Sega SoccerSlam for the XBOX gets?[/quote] 6-7.50 i think[/quote]

For the GameCube it still gets $24.

[quote name='joystickz'][quote name='Devin'][quote name='joystickz']Oh, my sweet sweet O.C. Racing....[/quote]

[/quote]

Not surprised.

My credit slip also said O.C. Racing

[quote name='YoshiFan1'][quote name='joystickz'][quote name='Devin'][quote name='joystickz']Oh, my sweet sweet O.C. Racing....[/quote]

[/quote]

Not surprised.

My credit slip also said O.C. Racing[/quote]

I thought mine did as well at first, but really, it's the font. The o is really a d, if you look close enough.

Letters are hard! :(

Traded in the following last night:

Dinotopia (xbox) $26
Room Zoom (xbox) $26 (2nd room zoom within a month to this particular FYE. :lol:

Room zoom has a price tag of $19..99 new but it rings up as $9.99.

Now FYE you better get RE 4 in today. :evil:

just checked on trade values today
xbox
Dinotpia (Xbox) 26
hitman contracts (Xbox) 18
shadow ops red mercury (Xbox) 22
driver 3 22
red dead 22

ps2
nascar thunder 04 11
March madness 05 20
baldur's gate 2 7.50
Champions of norath 9

As of today:

Sneakers (XBOX) $27 (Whooboy grabbed about 30 of them for 99 cents each with that infamous TRU coupon)

Colin McRae Rally 2003 (XBOX) $18.50

And once again, they are sticklers about accepting "used" games, right? Is it just the disc quality or do they scrutinize the quality of the cases also? I have some games that I've gotten thru GameTZ trades that I don't want in my collection.

Case quality don't really matter as long as it isn't broken and you take off all the visible stickers.

Disc quality depends on the person doing the trade ins. Some don't really care unless there are visibile and multiple scrathces. I had one lady rejected a brand new game I bought in because there was dust on the disc.

I agree that its all depends on the each manager. The manager at the mall today didn't even take the discs out of my cases to look at them (they were all brand new anyway but I opened the games).

Chaos Legion PS2 - $10
Haunted Mansion Xbox - $15
Seablade Xbox - $7.50. It showed $8 on Spun so I was hoping it would be more than $8 but it's $3.30 after green tag at TRU so I still traded it in.

You might be in for a long wait. They really don't seem to be good about getting in any non major game (in other words, anything without Halo or Grand Theft Auto in the title), on time. I know RE 4 is considered a big name game but probably not to FYE.

Has anyone here traded in Malice? The girl at the counter rang it up and it didn't show up in the system. Do i have to get them to punch in the UPC or something?

Also, as of right now, no RE4 at my FYE. But plenty of EA games! :wink:

I traded Malice once, Xbox version. Wouldn't scan, but if they look it up manually (by name I think), it should be fine.

Mine just got in RE4 today, gotta return the one I bought with store credit to Gamestop for a refund :)

just as a heads up, i traded in a Fable for xbox today and got $24.04

random price, isn't it?

I love how buying two room zooms from EB (with my employee discount no less) for 18$ bought my a copy of MechAssault 2 from FYE.

Alright guys, it must be said - I am the ONLY ONE who runs into asswipe managers EVERY time I go to trade in anything at EVERY FYE/Coconuts I go to??? I think I've been to about 7 or 8 between NY and NJ and every time I have a major problem and am made to feel like I'm doing something illegal by selling them items. The worst was today though, at the Palisades Center Mall in NY (head's up - DON'T GO TO THIS FYE!!!). The kid told me they couldn't take sealed games so that I should go outside the store and open them up and come back in. Something about theft prevention. Ok, so I give my other opened, used games and CDs at which point the manager comes over and says you can only trade in a maximum of 20 items a day and that I should come back tomorrow. Ok, so I don't raise a fuss either. I traded in 20 items, went outside the store, opened up all of my other games and waited for my gf to meet me. Went back in the store and had her go up to trade in the games since they wouldn't let me and then another dick manager comes over and starts yelling and sreaming "We saw you outside the store opening these games! We can't take these games because they are NOT used and we don't know where they came from!" I started trying to rationalize with him at which point he shouted in my face "THE ANSWER IS NO - WE ARE NOT TAKING ANY OF YOUR GAMES!!!" and stormed away. LOL!!! I was speechless. I didn't know selling new discs was such a damn problem! Is this company just trying to alienate it's few current customers and trying to go completely bankrupt or what? I've had some amazing experiences at other stores just trying to trade in normal CDs. Other people here HAVE to have had similar experiences. It's just unbelievable.

[quote name='rarebucky']Alright guys, it must be said - I am the ONLY ONE who runs into asswipe managers EVERY time I go to trade in anything at EVERY FYE/Coconuts I go to??? I think I've been to about 7 or 8 between NY and NJ and every time I have a major problem and am made to feel like I'm doing something illegal by selling them items. The worst was today though, at the Palisades Center Mall in NY (head's up - DON'T GO TO THIS FYE!!!). The kid told me they couldn't take sealed games so that I should go outside the store and open them up and come back in. Something about theft prevention. Ok, so I give my other opened, used games and CDs at which point the manager comes over and says you can only trade in a maximum of 20 items a day and that I should come back tomorrow. Ok, so I don't raise a fuss either. I traded in 20 items, went outside the store, opened up all of my other games and waited for my gf to meet me. Went back in the store and had her go up to trade in the games since they wouldn't let me and then another dick manager comes over and starts yelling and sreaming "We saw you outside the store opening these games! We can't take these games because they are NOT used and we don't know where they came from!" I started trying to rationalize with him at which point he shouted in my face "THE ANSWER IS NO - WE ARE NOT TAKING ANY OF YOUR GAMES!!!" and stormed away. LOL!!! I was speechless. I didn't know selling new discs was such a damn problem! Is this company just trying to alienate it's few current customers and trying to go completely bankrupt or what? I've had some amazing experiences at other stores just trying to trade in normal CDs. Other people here HAVE to have had similar experiences. It's just unbelievable.[/quote]

I think you're definitely running into an extreme situation. maybe try to go at the fyes at a different hour or something, so it's different people there.

[quote name='rarebucky']Alright guys, it must be said - I am the ONLY ONE who runs into asswipe managers EVERY time I go to trade in anything at EVERY FYE/Coconuts I go to??? I think I've been to about 7 or 8 between NY and NJ and every time I have a major problem and am made to feel like I'm doing something illegal by selling them items. The worst was today though, at the Palisades Center Mall in NY (head's up - DON'T GO TO THIS FYE!!!). The kid told me they couldn't take sealed games so that I should go outside the store and open them up and come back in. Something about theft prevention. Ok, so I give my other opened, used games and CDs at which point the manager comes over and says you can only trade in a maximum of 20 items a day and that I should come back tomorrow. Ok, so I don't raise a fuss either. I traded in 20 items, went outside the store, opened up all of my other games and waited for my gf to meet me. Went back in the store and had her go up to trade in the games since they wouldn't let me and then another dick manager comes over and starts yelling and sreaming "We saw you outside the store opening these games! We can't take these games because they are NOT used and we don't know where they came from!" I started trying to rationalize with him at which point he shouted in my face "THE ANSWER IS NO - WE ARE NOT TAKING ANY OF YOUR GAMES!!!" and stormed away. LOL!!! I was speechless. I didn't know selling new discs was such a damn problem! Is this company just trying to alienate it's few current customers and trying to go completely bankrupt or what? I've had some amazing experiences at other stores just trying to trade in normal CDs. Other people here HAVE to have had similar experiences. It's just unbelievable.[/quote]

I'm going to have to side with the manager on this one. Anything in brand new packaging is just fishy. He's just doing his job, and you're the one trying to, seemingly, pull a fast one on him. Those people who try to trade in still sealed games, games with stickers on them, or multiple copies of the same game at one time are just asking for it.

Eh, that doesn't make any sense. If I bring in games that are in mint condition and like-new they should take them, period. I didn't even have multiples of games and some of these were rather good games they probably don't see often. If I'm a store I'd RATHER have new games that someone just opened than well-used games that are in worse shape. Well, their loss. I'll just take them to another store and roll the dice.

That sucks they are being so difficult about taking sealed games. When I am unsure about a game value or I think it has a good chance of being rejected because a store has a lot of copies (like Motor Trend), I keep it sealed and have never had a problem. I would think employees would rather take sealed games in because it makes their job easier by not having to inspect the disc for scratches

I've done sealed games a few times myself without any problems. I just usually tell whoever's working that I got the game as a gift without receipt and either don't want it or already have it. Never given me a second look or had any questions.

[quote name='Ricochet']I'm going to have to side with the manager on this one. Anything in brand new packaging is just fishy. He's just doing his job, and you're the one trying to, seemingly, pull a fast one on him. Those people who try to trade in still sealed games, games with stickers on them, or multiple copies of the same game at one time are just asking for it.[/quote]

True that!

[quote name='Devin'][quote name='Ricochet']I'm going to have to side with the manager on this one. Anything in brand new packaging is just fishy. He's just doing his job, and you're the one trying to, seemingly, pull a fast one on him. Those people who try to trade in still sealed games, games with stickers on them, or multiple copies of the same game at one time are just asking for it.[/quote]

True that![/quote]

Same here,

There are plenty of red flags that would cause someone to be wary of accepting a trade-in and you raised about all of them. It's been posted here many times that sealed games are frowned upon in most places for trade-ins. Along with multiple copies of the same title and just the shear number of games traded in at once... wow, nothing strange going on there.

Standing out in front of the store opening the games and using your GF as a beard in such an obvious manner - then making a stink about it only made things worse. How about a little common sense?

Seems to me you were trying to put one over on FYE and you're mad because they didn't fall for it.

I've got nothing against the FYE trade-in deal and have done the same myself. Sometimes you get a manager/employee who's a jerk or aware of the scam and denies the trade but that's just part of the game - suck it up and move on to the next store. It's not in the constitution that you get to make a profit on FYE's errors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back