2004 FYE Trade-In Prices - LIST HERE (Farewell!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='slidecage']you cant Use Store credit to buy gift cards???

I have like 300 + on FYE and they never get anything in on video games. so i went in and said can i put this on a gift card. SAID NOPE we will not put your store credit on a gift card.

I thought people said you could or is it just depends on store.

What sucks is they dont carry any systems[/quote]

using store credit to buy gift cards is definitely ymmv. the first time i asked to convert my store credit to a gift card, i was denied. the second time i tried, they did it with no hesitation. technically, they can do it. it all depends if you get a lazy jerk or not :lol:

[quote name='doraemonkerpal'][quote name='slidecage']you cant Use Store credit to buy gift cards???

I have like 300 + on FYE and they never get anything in on video games. so i went in and said can i put this on a gift card. SAID NOPE we will not put your store credit on a gift card.

I thought people said you could or is it just depends on store.

What sucks is they dont carry any systems[/quote]

using store credit to buy gift cards is definitely ymmv. the first time i asked to convert my store credit to a gift card, i was denied. the second time i tried, they did it with no hesitation. technically, they can do it. it all depends if you get a lazy jerk or not :lol:[/quote]

Yeah the general idea I get from them, is that they arent supposed to do (I think management tells them not too) but some employees are cool about it or dont know what they're doing

i dunno if it helps, but i told them i needed a gift card to order something from fye.com b/c they did not carry it in their b&m store (growlanser generations). :)

[quote name='doraemonkerpal']i dunno if it helps, but i told them i needed a gift card to order something from fye.com b/c they did not carry it in their b&m store (growlanser generations). :)[/quote]

Yeah my usual excuse is that if I leave the reciept in my walet the heat transefer paper gets erased (which actually happens, If anyones new to this I recommend not keeping the slips in youor walet )

[quote name='hutno'][quote name='doraemonkerpal']i dunno if it helps, but i told them i needed a gift card to order something from fye.com b/c they did not carry it in their b&m store (growlanser generations). :)[/quote]

Yeah my usual excuse is that if I leave the reciept in my walet the heat transefer paper gets erased (which actually happens, If anyones new to this I recommend not keeping the slips in youor walet )[/quote]

WOW, THAT WAS HAPPENING TO MY RECEIPT AS WELL! i was really pissed when they denied me the first time b/c i showed them the receipt, and pointed out the fact that the barcode was gradually disappearing. the manager didn't care and it made me feel like he was hoping it would completely erase! :evil: i almost contacted the regional manager to see if he/she could help me out, but decided against it. luckily, the next employee/manager wasn't so anal.

even if you get a gift card, i bet they wont add future trade-ins to it. still, id feel better having a GC then these receipts.....

I never leave the credit slips in my wallet because of that. I have them in my room in a empty DVD case and when I know I am going to the mall I just take some of the slips with me. It is annoying they put them on that type of paper since even leaving them in my wallet for a few hours seems to mess them up by having them rip or get scratched (marks on the paper).

[quote name='hutno']I think pro race driver with or without the second sticker barcode is officially dead, I think this may have been mentioned somewhere in the middle of the thread. I tried this out at an fye and 2 strawberries and they all rang up at $5[/quote]

Pro Race Driver is a strange one, at least, it has been for me. When I brought it in to trade, the manager told me, at first, that it was going to come up to be 5 dollars. And then, after a bit more typing, she was surprised to say that it would garner the 26 or so dollars that it's reportedly worth. I think it has something to do with the process they use to figure out the price of the game, but I know for sure that one FYE I went to was dead set on the 5 dollar trade in price. Who knows for sure.

[quote name='doraemonkerpal']i dunno if it helps, but i told them i needed a gift card to order something from fye.com b/c they did not carry it in their b&m store (growlanser generations). :)[/quote]

I did the exact same thing for the same game!

[quote name='RedvsBlue'][quote name='doraemonkerpal']i dunno if it helps, but i told them i needed a gift card to order something from fye.com b/c they did not carry it in their b&m store (growlanser generations). :)[/quote]

I did the exact same thing for the same game![/quote]

tried that at 2 locations and got shot down. i did find a "matinee" store. so in one mall i have 2 EBs, a FYE, and a Matinee. so i can do 2 room zooms in 1 building. haha. taxfree too.

[quote name='RedvsBlue'][quote name='doraemonkerpal']i dunno if it helps, but i told them i needed a gift card to order something from fye.com b/c they did not carry it in their b&m store (growlanser generations). :)[/quote]

I did the exact same thing for the same game![/quote]

hahahah, awesome! too bad it wasn't on sale at fye.com anymore by the time i got the gift card :( ah well, i might order shin megami tensei instead since it's $45 instead of $50. :)

So a while back, like in early January, my FYE said i couldn't trade in games because they were getting their computers that wouldn't accept credit or trade ins until February. So, yesterday, i called them to check that they had everything fixed.. The guy on the phone told, " yeah, you can trade in your xbox and ps2 games." Today, i go to FYE and some young high school kid tells me they don't acceept trade ins anymore, but he seemed a little weird, almost as though he was lying. Maybe it was me. So, the next time i go to FYE i'll try to find a manager or someone because there apparently wasn't one around when i was there...

[quote name='peace']So a while back, like in early January, my FYE said i couldn't trade in games because they were getting their computers that wouldn't accept credit or trade ins until February. So, yesterday, i called them to check that they had everything fixed.. The guy on the phone told, " yeah, you can trade in your xbox and ps2 games." Today, i go to FYE and some young high school kid tells me they don't acceept trade ins anymore, but he seemed a little weird, almost as though he was lying. Maybe it was me. So, the next time i go to FYE i'll try to find a manager or someone because there apparently wasn't one around when i was there...[/quote]

Thats not so strange. A FEW FYE's got new computers and the thing is they can accept some trade ins on newer games but none of the oldergames prettyt much anything 2 months or older is in their system. The manager was the one that rang me up and I'm positive he wasn't BS'ing me

I didn't have problems with games today but the manager told me the computer's crashed recently so they lost stored info in the computers. I'm not sure if it was just that store or not, but he asked me for ID even though he knows I am always in there trading in games because he said the computer doesn't have anyone's information stored because of the crash

Quick noobtastic question--would there be anything preventing me from trading in a game that i got from the microsfot retail site? do they punch the barcode or anything? there's nothing I really want, but some of them fetch a decent amount at FYE

^^ no idea. If you have the game, you should be able to see if the barcode is punched obviously...and FYE might not even care, who knows.

Today

Room Zoom (XB) $26 :D
Pro Race Driver (XB) $5 :cry:

[quote name='b0bx13']Quick noobtastic question--would there be anything preventing me from trading in a game that i got from the microsfot retail site? do they punch the barcode or anything? there's nothing I really want, but some of them fetch a decent amount at FYE[/quote]

If its an issue you can always print out a copy of an unpunched barcode and replace it

YMMV on that, they are supposed to have instructions but you may get a manager that doesn't care. I have traded in games before where the manager doesn't even open the case to check for a manual or inspect the condition of the disc (not that it mattered anyway since I had the manuals and the discs were fine)

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']Drake of the 99 Dragons ($3-5 at most TRU stores) went UP (?!) to $15.
Malice is still $27[/quote]

Awesome! I can't believe Drake went up...oh yeah, we're talking FYE here :lol:

Anyway here are some more prices:

Okage (PS2) 4.00
Hot Wheels World Race (PS2) 7.50
Mark of Kri (PS2) 9.00
Arc the Lad (PS2) 10.00
Summoner (GCN) 7.50
Star Wars: Clone Wars (GCN) 7.50
Galidor (GBA) 7.50
Boktai (GBA) 7.50
Justice League (GBA) 7.50
Motor Trend (XB) 18.50

if you have a slip for store credit and only use up a couple of bucks, do they give you the rest in cash? if yes, can you buy the cheapest item in the joint and get cash back? thank you in advance.

if you dont have the answer, that's ok. just enjoy Earl dance.

[quote name='Timothyx']if you have a slip for store credit and only use up a couple of bucks, do they give you the rest in cash? if yes, can you buy the cheapest item in the joint and get cash back? thank you in advance.

[quote name='rocksolidaudio'][quote name='Timothyx']if you have a slip for store credit and only use up a couple of bucks, do they give you the rest in cash? if yes, can you buy the cheapest item in the joint and get cash back? thank you in advance.

I believe if there's five dollars or less you'll get the money back. Some people don't care, but the ones that aren't stupid won't give you money.

The cash credit they give back isn't that bad though..25 percent off is ok. It just sucks because that takes a nice cut off the profit.

[quote name='joshthegreat69']I believe if there's five dollars or less you'll get the money back. Some people don't care, but the ones that aren't stupid won't give you money.

The cash credit they give back isn't that bad though..25 percent off is ok. It just sucks because that takes a nice cut off the profit.[/quote]

yeah. i kinda feel like a tool for concentrating on profit, but you need to to find the cheapest path to the psp. with some games at $35 (according to the people at EB), its best to buy a top dollar trade in at FYE and trade it at EB. the only thing that sucks is you cant play it for too long before you trade it due to it going down in trade price fairly soon.

Does anyone know if FYE is going to get the PSP for sure? I got a bunch of TRU games and I'm not sure if I should go to FYE or EB. Like Timothyx said I want to find the cheapest path to the psp.

It probably depends on the store. I have never seen a DS systems at a FYE store, except when I went to get my pre-order and that was the only store that ever had the system and I think it will be the same with the PSP. I haven't even seen any PSP Pre-order signs up at FYE like I did with the DS.

[quote name='majinvegeta-88']Does anyone know if FYE is going to get the PSP for sure? I got a bunch of TRU games and I'm not sure if I should go to FYE or EB. Like Timothyx said I want to find the cheapest path to the psp.[/quote]

man, if fye had the psp i'd be in good spirits. i doubt they will get it. i asked my local flunky at FYE and he never heard of a PSP. i am not hopeful. if they did, they would have advertised preorders, once again, fye proves to be the worst store on earth (and i have several hundred in credit there [sigh]).

[quote name='Timothyx']once again, fye proves to be the worst store on earth (and i have several hundred in credit there [sigh]).[/quote]

It's so true that it hurts...

I went to Saturday Matinee (FYE) last night. I'm glad to see that even though a few FYE stores went out of business, it didn't effect their trade-in prices that much. Here's what I traded:

Room Zoom (Xbox) - $26.00
Space Channel 5: Special Edition (PS2) - $12.00
Magic Pengel: The Quest For Color (PS2) - $15.00
Chaos Legion (PS2) - $10.00

I only gave them Disc 2 of Space Channel 5: Special Edition (PS2), and those idiots didn't even realize it. They gave me $12.00 for it. Now if I can only find another instruction manual and box art to Space Channel 5: Special Edition (PS2), I can trade in Disc 1 to them and get another $12.00! :D
In other words:

Space Channel 5: Special Edition (PS2) - $24.00 [potentially]

[quote name='dcemantrades']traded in
freestyle soccer (xbox) 17
Drake (xbox) 15
picked up Mech Assault 2 Lone Wolf Limited edtition for 34.99 used[/quote]

Wait is Freestyle Soccer that Blockbuster exclusive game?
I see those all the time there for lik $4.

I don't know if I got good deals, but here was my haul today. A small deviation from the list on page 1.

Fatal Frame 2 PS2 - 18
Starfox Adv. GCN - 7.50
Chaos Legion PS2 - 10
Disaster Report PS2 - 18
Kill Switch PS2 - 15
Max Payne 2 PS2 - 10.00
Dead to Rights GCN - 7.50

How'd I do? Even with the EB deal, I thought that I would get at least comparable pricing here...except for the big cost titles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back