2004 FYE Trade-In Prices - LIST HERE (Farewell!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
How much FYE credit can you get for V-Rally 3 (Xbox)? FYE sells this game for $19.99 (YMMV), but I remember that this game was mentioned earlier as being worth $27.00 in trade-in credit. Anyone know how much it's worth, as of now?

I ordered a V-Rally 3 off Ebay for around 9 bucks..i'll check it out when i get it this week and post the results. My guess is it'll probably be lower since they've made two changes to the trade in values since the last time i traded it in. But let's try and be optimistic.

Before I forget....
These are still holding strong as of today...

PS2
Jedi Starfighter 15.00 (Three bucks at TRU)
Starfighter 7.50

(OR for 4.00 at TRU, get both JediSF and SF in a bundle pack. Just beware, the UPC's are punched... but FYE might not care... as long as they can make out the numbers.

Splashdown RGW - 7.50
Rygar - 7.50
Primal - 10.00

Xbox
Oddworld: Munch's Odysee 7.50

How does FYE compare to Gamerush? At GR they offer $30 for GTA:SA, what does FYE give me it? Are they pretty good with new games? Also will they allow me to trade in multiple copies of Primal in? Thanks!

do anyone no the value of these games

sneakers ps2 xbox
legends of wrestling 2 xbox
seablade xbox
mx super fly xbox

Legends of Wrestling 2 is 7.50..probably same with Seablade. I don't know about Sneakers, but i hope it's still 27 dollars.

[quote name='jkircos']How does FYE compare to Gamerush? At GR they offer $30 for GTA:SA, what does FYE give me it? Are they pretty good with new games? Also will they allow me to trade in multiple copies of Primal in? Thanks![/quote]

I dont know anything about Gamerush, but judging from the discussion in the main forum, FYE probably won't take multiples.

are they still giving 26 for a copy of room zoom? also, will they except multiple copies of a game?? sorry. ive never traded at FYE before.

[quote name='chargeup45']Is Freestyle Street Soccer only available at Blockbuster? If so, has anyone gotten denied because of the BB sticker on the game box?[/quote]

Yep this is a blockbuster exclusive game.
They don't care that it says "exclusive blockbuster" game on the cover.

There are 2 steps you must take though:

1) Ask the clerk if you can look at the disc to make sure theres not scratches and make sure it comes with the manual.

2) It would be a good idea to have a few empty Xbox or GC cases sitting around to put them in before you goto trade them in.

[quote name='spin03']are they still giving 26 for a copy of room zoom? [/quote]

they still did as of today. (weds, feb 16th)

[quote name='spin03'] also, will they except multiple copies of a game?? [/quote]

i do not think so. dont bet on it.

Anyone know what the trading situation is like at the Midtown NYC FYE location....anyone been there, are the employees cool with trades, do they already have 5 million Drakes, etc. Thanks.

[quote name='jshorr']Anyone know what the trading situation is like at the Midtown NYC FYE location....anyone been there, are the employees cool with trades, do they already have 5 million Drakes, etc. Thanks.[/quote]

I'd like to know this as well..there is also a FYE down on west 4th area I think as well...

[quote name='jshorr']Anyone know what the trading situation is like at the Midtown NYC FYE location....anyone been there, are the employees cool with trades, do they already have 5 million Drakes, etc. Thanks.[/quote]

that's my store.

right next to Rockafeller Center.

i think i may have ruined the Drake situation.....

also...
they're complete jerks. everytime i go there i get someone who doesnt know how to DO a trade-in.... then they resolve to phoning the assistant manager.... forgot her name... shortish latin-ish.... always willing to give me a hard time like i'm a thief.

honestly.....
that's why i preferred to shovel all the crap on that store in particular....

[quote name='outlawz42']
I'd like to know this as well..there is also a FYE down on west 4th area I think as well...[/quote]

also...that store just went out of business.... i don't think my Freestyle Street Soccer shoveling helped them out too much.

the only other FYE in Manhattan is the one on 59th and Lexington.
Sadly, they don't take trade-ins.

Also... that one jacks prices up by at least 10% or more on everything game related.
i.e. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas $56.99

Same goes for the rockefeller store...
I got WarioWareDS there for their "sale price" of 39.99..... but hey... it only cost me 5 bucks....

Yup, some of the high value games have come down a bit. I tried:

PS2 Driver 3: $11
PS2 Red Dead Revolver: $7

A couple others that were only slightly different than the list:

PS2 SSX: $7.50
PS2: Onimusha 2: $7.50

The most bizzare one (and this had the cashier scratching her head for a while too):

PS2 MGS 3: $25.58

What's up with the 58 cents?

The only real downside is that the FYE by me is that it's a bit of a drive and they didn't have much of a selection. Maybe if I went back with a couple Drake's and Freestyle Street Soccers I wouldn't mind paying a bit extra for things.

Dudes in Manhattan, the store I go to is out on Long Island. It's a haul, but worth it to trade lots of crap. In Queens (New Hyde Park) there's an FYE on Lake Success; great store. They've always been real friendly. Thought I'd throw in my two cents. :)

I went to one FYE store today, Sneakers was $15 and Primal was $7.50. I went to a second FYE and Sneakers was the normal $27 and Primal was the normal $10. I had thought that FYE's trade in values were the same at all stores but I guess not.

[quote name='superhugebutt']Dudes in Manhattan, the store I go to is out on Long Island. It's a haul, but worth it to trade lots of crap. In Queens (New Hyde Park) there's an FYE on Lake Success; great store. They've always been real friendly. Thought I'd throw in my two cents. :)[/quote]

also...

the PATH Train to the creepyass Mall in Jersey (Newport Center) yields an FYE full of genius employees willing to take tons of crap.

XBOX Driver 3 - $11
XBOX Red Dead Revolver - $7.50
XBOX Unreal II - $18.00

Room Zoom $26, Primal $10, and Mad Maestro $7.50 all still the same.

i went to my fye and they told me that they dont want to buy primal. Is that because they were unopened? Well anyway they did buy back my space channel 5 for ps2 for $12 :)

[quote name='captaincold'][quote name='chargeup45']Is Freestyle Street Soccer only available at Blockbuster? If so, has anyone gotten denied because of the BB sticker on the game box?[/quote]

Yep this is a blockbuster exclusive game.
They don't care that it says "exclusive blockbuster" game on the cover.

There are 2 steps you must take though:

1) Ask the clerk if you can look at the disc to make sure theres not scratches and make sure it comes with the manual.

2) It would be a good idea to have a few empty Xbox or GC cases sitting around to put them in before you goto trade them in.[/quote]

Too late. I got one for 4.99, but lo and behold... no instructions! Hopefully theyll take it back, otherwise Ill go back to BB and see about switching it up.

Ahh....

No one reads the Portable Game Forums....

heres a copy of the post...

[quote name='joystickz']Created a thread just for this... seeing as how much credit we alls got at FYE.

(God bless Room Zoom, Drake, and Freestyle Street Soccer..... :wink: )

So the deal is...

$299.99 gets you...
1) PSP System Value Pack (32MB MemStick Duo, Headphonesw/Remote, Battery Pack, AC Adapter, Soft Case, Cleasning Cloth, UMD Sampler Disc)

2) Spider Man 2 (The Film on UMD)

3) "A PSP Game"

ONLY REQUIREMENT
$25.00 Down.

Doesn't say that on the flyer... nor does it say FYE... BUT...

(See the Flyer Scan below)

fyepspflyer5kl.jpg

Precautions?

FYE is riddled with nincompoops.

The preorder deal in the system doesn't seem to be keen on which game comes with the package... I think they either

1) expect you to choose a game when you pick it up on the 24th

or

2) don't know yet from corporate which game they are giving out in the package since it is not yet advertised

so you're best bet is to put and extra $5 down on a particular game that you KNOW do you want in the deal, (like i did for Lumines.)

then when the system and the games in, and they try to force you to take something you dont want in the package, (like if they decide Madden is the game with the bundle) just point out that you'll take your preorder game in the bundle instead, and point out that the flyer never specified which game you were supposed to get.

Cool?

I know its cool for me....

Just got in on this for less than a $50 investment doing trade-ins.

Good Luck!

(FYE employees please chime in with more info if you can. thanks!)[/quote]

King of Fighters 2000/2001: $17

As of right now I've got over $300 in store credit ready to go for my PSP. I am hoping to get Wipeout Pure or maybe Ridge Racer on release day. . .

:D

Steve

Hears a sub-$20 TRU out of business haul turned into a ton today.

did all the drakes and sneakers a while ago....

but I just wanted to point out the decent price on Jedi Starfighter. $15 in NJ.

Goes for 3.00 greentagged at TRU...
OR 4.00 for a double pack packaged with Starfighter 1.

slip9mt.jpg

The FYE in long island mall tried to give me 1 cent for a jampack...

I need material to trade in @ FYE..can anyone help me out with materials? I'm willing to trade and/or pick up stuff that's worth it..

The two fye stores I go to gives out cash. Not that I'm complaining, I've made...a hefty amount from TRU trade ins since December but I'll be damned...I can't save cash the way I save store credit.

Looks like I'll sit out the launch of the psp.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']The two fye stores I go to gives out cash. Not that I'm complaining, I've made...a hefty amount from TRU trade ins since December but I'll be damned...I can't save cash the way I save store credit.

Looks like I'll sit out the launch of the psp.[/quote]

Do they give out fulll amt (same as you would get in credit?) or 75%? The one store in my area that does cash (out of about 7 or 8) gives only 75% in cash.

Also, only offered $.01 for ESPN NHL 2K4 for PS2, used to be $18 credit. Oh well, I got it for $2 at the TRU clearance.

Any limit in terms of store stock? (Can't have more than 2 copies, etc). Another one near me actually did pay full cash but limited to just 1 of the same title. So if someone already traded that title in, they wouldn't take it. Now they don't take any videogames at all.

Great deal you've got going, cash means you can go anywhere you want to get games and almost any store's price is better than FYEs or at the very least the same.

Right now there limit is 2 (since they are swamped with games from the holiday season) but I've come to know the people working at the store over the past few months so they usually accept my games unless they are just too full (usually 7 or more) at the moment.

They are trying to ditch stock so it's 20% off when you buy them. Great deal but I'm waiting for someone to trade in Contra and one of the bonus Zelda discs.

At one FYE I went to where the sign said cash was given for trade ins. The manager said that cash is only for DVD's and Movies, store credit only for games which sucks. That is the only store in my area that offers cash for trade ins as well.

does FYE take multiple copies of a game?the only game worth trading in that i can locate is freestyle soccer. i have 73 bucks at FYE, and i am trying to get up to 250 in credit. i wanted to trade 3 xbox and 3 gc copies of freestyle soccer if they can take them since FYE is a 15 minute drive. hopefully by the time i go to sleep tonight, i will have 175$ at FYE and all i will need to do is trade in 5 more copies, and i will have got my psp for $55

Is there an actual list somewhere in here? I saw one on the first page, but it looks like it hasn't been updated in a while. Is there one buried in this 68 page topic?

[quote name='spin03']does FYE take multiple copies of a game?the only game worth trading in that i can locate is freestyle soccer. i have 73 bucks at FYE, and i am trying to get up to 250 in credit. i wanted to trade 3 xbox and 3 gc copies of freestyle soccer if they can take them since FYE is a 15 minute drive. hopefully by the time i go to sleep tonight, i will have 175$ at FYE and all i will need to do is trade in 5 more copies, and i will have got my psp for $55[/quote]

YMMV on the person working there. Someone in my area fucked up the multiple trade-ins policy and they only accept 1 copy per day now.

[quote name='alonzomourning23']what does gladius(ps2)
eternal darkness
turok evolution (xbox)
voodoo vince (xbox)
XIII (ps2) go for?[/quote]
xIII is 7.50

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back