2008-09 NHL Thread - Stanley Cup Finals begin May 30!!!

LMAO! wow... Pens lost to... wait for it... Islanders.

Edit:

Huselius or Umberger or who ever it was that missed the wrap around goal... you suck. Thanks for nothing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Columbus should have won that game. Turco played amazingly well, but I think it was more that the Blue Jackets just couldn't finish. Umberger could have gotten a hat trick and won the game with like 4 seconds left, but he totally missed the tap-in. #-o

They're guessing that Brad Richards broke his arm last night. Hopefully it's not too bad -- I've broken my wrist the same way (my arm got crushed into the boards during a hit, causing a buckle fracture of my radius) and I was back playing (in a cast) a few weeks later.

Pavel Datsyuk Interview Part 1 I love this question/answer. :D

"Who do you think is the most underrated player in the NHL?

I am a very shy person, so I cannot name him. But you can hear that player in your receiver right now talking to you.

Alexander Frolov is also very underrated. Patrick Marleau [too]."

The rivalry with the San Jose Sharks has intensified this season. Are you worried about facing them in the playoffs, or do you believe they'll just fold again?

I'm tired of hearing this, but unfortunately so far I got nothin.

Do you think your rivalry with the Sharks can one day overshadow the one with Colorado?

Wha...

---------------------------------------

In other news... Got to go to the Sharks gametoday, it was fun. Filled in for my sis that was sick.

This is a little late, but that Kings game on Monday was... well, it was something. They only ended up losing in the shootout and got a point out of it, but the Kings shouldn't be allowing 7 goals to fucking Atlanta, especially 3 in the first 9 minutes. It wasn't really Quick's fault, either; the team was playing like ass for half the game. It's like they play up or down to their opponent's level depending on who they're facing.

Also, I know Terry Murray shuffles the lines around seemingly on a game by game basis, but why the hell is Denis Gauthier on the first line? Yes, he did score a goal- his first in over 3 years- but he's such a shitty defenseman. With Cloutier and LaBarbera gone, Gauthier, Armstrong, and Kyle Calder are really the only players on the team I dislike.

Wings laid the smack down on the preds tonight. Franzenstein had two in his first game back after missing six with an injured hand. 6-2 final.

Apparently there are some embarrassing photos of some Habs players coming out tomorrow, should be interesting.

Dear NHL,

I noticed a lot of calls coming out of ref's arses, is there a new rule to implement bullshit calls? If so, please... PLEASE don't bring refs. We'll be ok without them.

Thanks,

Nick

Wow at the game against Atlanta tonight, Atlanta ties it up with 50 seconds left, game goes into OT then a SO, unlikely Carcillo in the 8th round of the SO scores the game winning goal. Those two points are huge right now for the Coyotes.

Now lets go Sharks!

After the Kings beat the Ducks last night, they lost to the Sharks tonight. 'Twas nothing surprising, though, given the opposition along with the fact that Quick had the night off. It was a tight game until halfway through when the Sharks scored a couple quick ones, but overall the game was a solid 60 minutes of high quality hockey from both teams. There were some questionable calls, however, such as Stoll's high stick penalty where the other Shark did the high sticking. Hopefully the Kings will have better luck on Saturday when I go to see them play Phoenix at Staples Center. I'll be thinking of you, Yukine. ;)

One thing that bugged me about tonight's game was that NHL Center Ice showed the standard def feed. Why do that when there was a perfectly good HD feed coming from the same channel? I want to see my team in high definition. The Kings/Ducks game last night was the last of 10 HD broadcasts of Kings games this season. TEN. All the Lakers games on FS West are in HD. Why not the Kings games, too?

^I saw, I thought wow... way to lose the game Phx. Anyway, surprised but good win. All we need to do is get those fucking SARS to get back on their losing streak.

A bit shaky there... but it's a win. No offence Matt

LA is definitely stepping it up.

The Kostitsyn sisters and possibly Roman Hamrlik are apparently involved with drug dealers at some level. One of them lives with the Kostitsyns and has access to their bank accounts.

[quote name='dafoomie']The Kostitsyn sisters and possibly Roman Hamrlik are apparently involved with drug dealers at some level. One of them lives with the Kostitsyns and has access to their bank accounts.[/QUOTE]

You have to be kidding me.

Just got back from seeing the Wings beat the Ducks 5-2. I was cracking up when they announced it was Pronger's 1000 NHL game tonight and the crowd started booing him for a good 30 seconds. This was kind of out of character for the Detroit crowd. I was also at Mike Ricci's 1000 game and he was given a nice round of applause.

[quote name='VipFREAK']Do Anaheim fans admit to being Anaheim fans?[/QUOTE]

Sadly, they're proud of it. The ECHL team I go see has a bunch of Ducks fans in the crowds, even though they're the Kings' minor league team.

Coyotes play Matt Young's Kings today.

Of course, radio only over here. I mean they are only in the same fucking division!
Thank god for ATDHE though.

Oh man this is great! Yeah baby! Go Hawks! Watching the SARS lose on video is so much better than hearing it or seeing a final score.

Edit: I love how the Dallas Commentators try to sugar coat how much the SARS and Turco suck. lol

Edit 2: Good day so far, Sharks win, Hawks win, SARS lose. Sorry Matt, LA is doin good, but I wanted Phx to win more. Good win.

Just got back from Kings/Coyotes 45 minutes ago. Such a disappointing game. Both teams started slowly, but after Phoenix scored their third goal, it was all downhill. Final was 6-3, one of Phoenix's 6 being an empty netter. That empty netter was also Jokinen's third of the afternoon.

The Kings quite simply have to win against teams like Phoenix to have a shot at the playoffs. I don't know what the team's problem is, but they've been playing like shit at home lately.

Haha, sweet.
We are even then, Young. I went to the game in December when the Kings beat the Coyotes 4-0.

I was very happy to see that despite the Coyotes taking a decent lead, they kept playing hard and keeping the pressure on. I can't count how many times I've seen them take a nice lead, to only lose it by dicking around late in the game.

Wow, great day! Boston lost (yay Florida!), Wings about to lose, now if only the Might fucks would've lost. oh well.

lmao, Islanders beat Devils.

I'll try putting myself on the line... History has usually been against me though...

TC get ready to have ur arse handed to you. :p

Is anyone else watching Capitals/Penguins? Lots of offense already, as it's 3-2 Caps early in the 2nd period. This is one of the few times I've gotten to see Crosby, Malkin, or Ovechkin in action. I watched the finals last season so I saw the Penguins play, and I watched 2 of their games this year. The only 2 times I had seen Ovechkin play before this were the 2 games Washington played against the Kings this season.

[quote name='Nifty_Shark']Ryan Miller got injured. Oh Noes in Buffalo it seems.[/quote]

Oh... well, they are screwed. lol

[quote name='Matt Young']Is anyone else watching Capitals/Penguins? Lots of offense already, as it's 3-2 Caps early in the 2nd period. This is one of the few times I've gotten to see Crosby, Malkin, or Ovechkin in action. I watched the finals last season so I saw the Penguins play, and I watched 2 of their games this year. The only 2 times I had seen Ovechkin play before this were the 2 games Washington played against the Kings this season.[/quote]

Yeah, catching the ending. Wash was here against the Sharks and I really wanted to go, but ended up not. I was jealous of my dad and sis.

Edit: Oh wow, just tuned in to Atdhe.net at work and just saw the Lightning get two goals in 15 sec. Go Lightning! lol

Edit 2: lmao! You go Tampa! Nice win!

[quote name='Matt Young']Is anyone else watching Capitals/Penguins? Lots of offense already, as it's 3-2 Caps early in the 2nd period. This is one of the few times I've gotten to see Crosby, Malkin, or Ovechkin in action. I watched the finals last season so I saw the Penguins play, and I watched 2 of their games this year. The only 2 times I had seen Ovechkin play before this were the 2 games Washington played against the Kings this season.[/QUOTE]

Ovechkin is the human highlight reel of the NHL. I loved that he called out Crosby for flapping his lips too much.

AO- "What I can say about him?" Ovechkin said. "He is a good player, but he talks too much."

I've seen Sydney a couple times live and NO player bitches as much as he. Its embarrasing.

[quote name='VipFREAK']I'll try putting myself on the line... History has usually been against me though...

TC get ready to have ur arse handed to you. :p[/QUOTE]

We shall see. :D Should be a hell of a good game.

Looks like Tom Renney is out as Rangers coach.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jNBbeqEO8Ahnu7kZXz-OBeRcEXJwD96HETAG0

Reeling Rangers fire coach Tom Renney

By IRA PODELL – 1 hour ago

NEW YORK (AP) — Tom Renney was fired as coach of the New York Rangers on Monday in an attempt to save a season that has spiraled out of control.

The Rangers opened the season with a 10-2-1 record, but 10 losses in the last 12 games has knocked the team out of contention for the Atlantic Division title and placed it in danger of missing the playoffs completely.

In recent home games, fans had chanted for Renney to be fired.

General manager Glen Sather didn't immediately name a replacement.........

Fiery former Tampa Bay Lightning coach John Tortorella, who once served as a Rangers assistant, could emerge as a candidate. His no-nonsense approach would be a stark contrast to the laid-back, player-friendly Renney.

Ooooooooooh My! lool!

Edit: You know how good the Sharks are? They can win a game in their sleep... xD

Man tough loss for the Coyotes tonight. First, Bryzgalov lets the puck go in from a lazy dump-in, which ties the game at 1-1. Then, a shorthand goal by St Louis shortly after Coyotes start a four minute power play. St Louis wins 2-1.

Damn shame since the team and Bryzgalov were playing pretty well until that blooper goal.

[quote name='VipFREAK']Edit: You know how good the Sharks are? They can win a game in their sleep... xD[/QUOTE]

We'll find out tonight. :D

Claudia "The Turtle" Lemieux makes his way back to Joe Louis Arena for the first time in a long while. If he gets hit hard expect the crowd to go bonkers. Here is little history. Sit back and enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fA9E8YWSWgo

one of the biggest games all season and nobody outside of california or michigan gets to watch it. the NHL needs to pull its head out of its ass.

bread's done
Back