2008-09 NHL Thread - Stanley Cup Finals begin May 30!!!

oh shit... there are NO hockey games listen on atdhe.net, i wonder if theres a problem with their "source". this is terrible, the game starts in 15 and im stuck at work until 8. i cant go back to NHL radio after this, I CANT!

Heh. The sound guys in Philly just played "Open Up Your Eyes" on a no goal call when the Flyers thought they should have scored against the Kings. When the refs did not reverse their call, the sound guys played, "Little Miss Can't Be Wrong".

[quote name='Matt Young']Heh. The sound guys in Philly just played "Open Up Your Eyes" on a no goal call when the Flyers thought they should have scored against the Kings. When the refs did not reverse their call, the sound guys played, "Little Miss Can't Be Wrong".[/QUOTE]

now trhats funny

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']oh shit... there are NO hockey games listen on atdhe.net, i wonder if theres a problem with their "source". this is terrible, the game starts in 15 and im stuck at work until 8. i cant go back to NHL radio after this, I CANT![/quote]
Wow the games were listed a few hours ago, Yahoo is showing it right now: http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/hockeynight/2009022505?silverlight=on

How the fuck was is that only a 2 minute penalty on Cleary? Someone needs to fuck Datsyuk up now.

Cleary doesn't generally do that kind of stuff. Too many penalties to both teams for my taste. Hossa isn't on the bench to start the 3rd.

After gaining a point on 8 seed Minnesota by beating the Wild last night in a shooutout, the Kings got shut out in Philadelphia tonight. Dammit. They played a great game, but it was just one of those nights.

Haha Yeah well I've been there man. Joe Thornton doesn't appear to play his usual game when he plays against the Wings. Its like our guys really get under his skin. Marleau who has always been a favorite non Wing player of mine was invisible tonight.

Shit... I don't remember ANYONE doing squat other than maybe Ehrhoff.

LMAO! Pit almost lost to the islanders AGAIN. Toronto being the Rangers is proof once again they suck. lol

In other news... I'm playing NHL 09 and I tried to trade Ovechkin and a first round pick for Setoguchi. It didn't accept. WTF! He's not THAT good.

Edit:

I did...

Alfredsson and a First round pick for Seto and Lukowich

That worked. WTF. Ovechkin OWNED? lol

Last edited by a moderator:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3E-PAPiuyE[/media]

[quote name='dafoomie']Great game I went to, Anaheim got destroyed 6-0. Giguere pulled in the 2nd, a few fights, great goaltending by Thomas.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I checked the box score. Looked like a great game to attend. Nice win.

So, I know I'm the new hockey fan around here. But I've watched all 55 televised Kings games this season (including Kings/Wings which is on now), 4 games online that weren't televised, the occasional game between other teams, and I've attended nearly 20 combined ECHL and NHL games. The one thing I still don't understand about the sport is this- why do guys get kicked out of the faceoff circle?

Matt players get kicked out for cheating on the draw. Meaning the player goes after the puck too quickly. All players do this. The best face off guys just get caught less. Sometimes the linesmen need to just drop the puck faster in my opinion. I hate when the linesmen hesitate on the drop.

Your guys played a good game tonight. Quick cost himself the game winner when he faked out Quincy and didn't play the puck around the boards. Quincy left his man and went to the corner and Quick had nobody but red jerseys around. Young team mistake nothing more.

Oh and VIP quit with the text size!

I believe that the visiting player is supposed to put his stick on the ice first followed by the home player. If a player is not getting his stick down, taking too long to set up, not lining his feet up properly then the linesmen will toss him out of the circle and another player will replace him. I believe that if the second player also gets tossed out of the circle, the team gets a penalty (delay of game, unsportsmanlike conduct?) but I think I've only seen this happen once ever.

Sobjw your correct. The wings got a penalty for it earlier this season. Only time I can ever remember seeing it being called. Was called as delay of game.

[quote name='TC']Sobjw your correct. The wings got a penalty for it earlier this season. Only time I can ever remember seeing it being called. Was called as delay of game.[/quote]
Yeah, it's pretty rare to see that called. I imagine the second guy taking the draw plays it pretty safe so as not to get tossed also. Kinda like your second serve in tennis after your first hits the net.

[quote name='TC'] All players do this. The best face off guys just get caught less. Sometimes the linesmen need to just drop the puck faster in my opinion.[/QUOTE]

replace sometimes, with most of the time, and id agree. i hate when the linesman just stands there and then throws someone out.

[quote name='VipFREAK']Wow, quick overtime. lol Nice win Caps.[/QUOTE]
Couple fluky goals and a lot of help from the referees doesn't concern me in the slightest.

Theres a rumor going around that the Bruins are close to a deal for Pronger, that would be sick.

Seems like they may have done some maintenance while it was down? They fixed the aspect ratio in some of the video as well as the controls looking different.

[quote name='dafoomie']Couple fluky goals and a lot of help from the referees doesn't concern me in the slightest.

Theres a rumor going around that the Bruins are close to a deal for Pronger, that would be sick.[/quote]
I know Vip hates him, but I like Pronger. I'd like to see him on the Bruins, it'd be ridiculous.

Umm... Can we get some competent AWAKE d people on the ice? Maybe put Nabokov in too...

Edit: Oh wow... I guess the Sharks don't have as big a problem as the Wings.

Yeah my boys got a wakeup call tonight. Probably not the worst thing that can happen before the real season begins. No excuses, just got thier asses whooped as Lidstrom said post game.

Wake up call? lool wow... I saw highlights on the final score and it was an undressing. Yikes.

In other news I saw highlights of Ott being more of a pussie. lool

The Kings played a shitty first period and never recovered, once again losing a close one to a team they needed to beat in order to make up those scant few points needed to move into a playoff spot. fuck me sideways.

Haha dude, I don't think either the Coyotes or Kings are making the playoffs this year.

It hurts way more for me, Kings have never been in a playoff spot this season, Coyotes before the All-Star break were in the 5th spot! fucking losing 9 games in a row, ridiculous.

[quote name='VipFREAK']In other news I saw highlights of Ott being more of a pussie. lool[/quote]
Moen beat the shit out of Ott!

Yeah he did. I believe they call that ripping a new asshole. lool

Edit: Oh wow, Cgy lost. Nice pens pulled their arses out for a rare win.

HERE for more entertainment!

lool I heart Youtube.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bmAiuaRKow[/media]

[quote name='dafoomie']Couple fluky goals and a lot of help from the referees doesn't concern me in the slightest.

Theres a rumor going around that the Bruins are close to a deal for Pronger, that would be sick.[/QUOTE]

Just saw that 80footer by Semin. I wouldn't sweat it during the regular season. Thomas is awesome. That crap just happens

[quote name='VipFREAK']
In other news I saw highlights of Ott being more of a pussie. lool[/QUOTE]

Quick question though. Where were Ott's Teamates to help him out? I mean the guy is a jackass, but he plays tough and his teamates were nowhere to be seen.

[quote name='yukine']I know Vip hates him, but I like Pronger. I'd like to see him on the Bruins, it'd be ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

Personally I think the Ducks should move Scott Niedermayer not Pronger. Pronger has another year on his contract and you know he actually wants to keep playing. Scott Niedermayer really f'ed that team up by sitting out half of last year causing them to tie a bunch of money in Mat Schnieder who ended up getting shipped out of town.

Yes Pronger added to the B's blueline would be a great addition for them. But who knows what they would have to give up in return.

[quote name='TC']
Quick question though. Where were Ott's Teamates to help him out? I mean the guy is a jackass, but he plays tough and his teamates were nowhere to be seen.
[/quote]

Maybe they are smart enough to not associate themselves with a douche? Playing tough is a lot different than playing to irritate. Mike Ricci wasn't the best, but he played his ass off. Marcel Goc isn't all that great, but he plays his ass off.

I haven't been able to watch the Stars games lately, but good God, they've gone down the toilet. And then I see that Steve Ott was suspended for gouging Moen's eye during a fight. Eye gouging? What the hell? Even if it was unintentional, that's totally unnecessary. That's like when Jarkko Ruutu bit that guy during a fight.

[quote name='TC']Quick question though. Where were Ott's Teamates to help him out? I mean the guy is a jackass, but he plays tough and his teamates were nowhere to be seen.[/quote]

Seriously. They knew he couldn't fight because of his hand, and he kind of got jumped by all six guys and then was getting pounded by Moen. Someone should have jumped in there before it got that bad.

I'm starting to think that the Stars are screwed for this season, in terms of making the playoffs.

Why is it that most of his fights is like this? Is he secretly gay like Scott Hannan (avs)?

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JH7Z7maQOLk[/media]

[quote name='TC']Quick question though. Where were Ott's Teamates to help him out? I mean the guy is a jackass, but he plays tough and his teamates were nowhere to be seen.[/quote]
They're sick of him, they're sick of paying the price for his bullshit. Only one I ever saw stand up for him was Avery. They've got some real stand up guys on that team too.

[quote name='TC']Personally I think the Ducks should move Scott Niedermayer not Pronger. Pronger has another year on his contract and you know he actually wants to keep playing. Scott Niedermayer really f'ed that team up by sitting out half of last year causing them to tie a bunch of money in Mat Schnieder who ended up getting shipped out of town.[/QUOTE]
Realistically they have to move both, and many of the other veterans too. Their window has passed, time to get some more youth around Getzlaf, Ryan, Perry, and Whitney.

[quote name='VipFREAK']Maybe they are smart enough to not associate themselves with a douche? Playing tough is a lot different than playing to irritate. Mike Ricci wasn't the best, but he played his ass off. Marcel Goc isn't all that great, but he plays his ass off.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I was a big Ricci fan while he was around. He's the kind of guy every team needs at least one of to be successful.

[quote name='siderealshift']I haven't been able to watch the Stars games lately, but good God, they've gone down the toilet. And then I see that Steve Ott was suspended for gouging Moen's eye during a fight. Eye gouging? What the hell? Even if it was unintentional, that's totally unnecessary. That's like when Jarkko Ruutu bit that guy during a fight.

Seriously. They knew he couldn't fight because of his hand, and he kind of got jumped by all six guys and then was getting pounded by Moen. Someone should have jumped in there before it got that bad.

I'm starting to think that the Stars are screwed for this season, in terms of making the playoffs.[/QUOTE]

Yeah eye gouging. That one is right out of Slap Shot...Ridiculous. You're right about the Stars though. Turco was playing well and things were ok until B-Rad got hurt. His injury seems to be the one that put the nail in the coffin for their season. I was suprised they were doing so well without Brendon Morrow who is a hell of a player and team guy.

[quote name='dafoomie']They're sick of him, they're sick of paying the price for his bullshit. Only one I ever saw stand up for him was Avery. They've got some real stand up guys on that team too.

Realistically they have to move both, and many of the other veterans too. Their window has passed, time to get some more youth around Getzlaf, Ryan, Perry, and Whitney.[/QUOTE]

Speaking of him. Avery had better have transformed himself because Tortorella won't put up with his garbage.

Bobby Ryan is a good story. Suppose you're right about moving both of them eventually. We'll see soon enough.

bread's done
Back