$5 off/month at Gamefly for watching commericals

jeffblack12

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
Sorry if its a repost but I thought some folks might want to know about this ... for once CAG stole from FW instead of the other way around.

http://www.brightspot.tv/gamefly.aspx

GameFly would like to invite you to join BrightSpot.tv. Through our new partnership, you have the opportunity to save up to $5 each month on your GameFly subscription.

HOW IT WORKS
Registration with BrightSpot is fast, easy and free!

Watch fun and entertaining videos at your own pace, on your own time

After each video you watch, you will earn credits to your BrightSpot account

Up to $5 will be automatically credited to your GameFly subscription every month!

[quote name='Tomeeboy']The Brightspot payments may not hit your Gamefly account until the next billing cycle. For example, my Gamefly subscription renews around the 1st of the month, but Brightspot sends the payments to Gamefly on the 8th. This means that April's payment to Gamefly isn't actually going to appear on April's Gamefly bill. Instead, it will apply in May.

Chances are, you'll see the $9.50 credit on your next Gamefly bill, as you are probably a month behind like me.

Also, you really only get a lot of clips to watch when you first sign up. After that, you'll be lucky to get four or five in one visit. I drop by the site probably once per week and the last couple of times there have only been a couple of ads. It will take 20 ads to hit the $10 per month, so it may become difficult to do that on a monthly basis.[/QUOTE]

not really cause when i go into next payment it says 0.00 left in account

[quote name='Wolfpup']I love Gamefly, and that's a serious discount. Sounds kind of annoying though. I may check this out if it's legit.

Can you cancel this easily and go back to a normal Gamefly account?[/quote]

It is legit, i got an email from Gamefly explaining it

Just got this email from Gamefly.

Go to www.brightspot.tv

You watch commercials and they give you 50 cents each after answering some market research questions, up to a maximum of $10 a month, effectively giving you an almost 50% discount on Gamefly's most popular plan.

Anyone have any experience with them? I emailed gamefly so they can confirm if it's legit.

[quote name='ranzchic']Just got this email from Gamefly.

Go to www.brightspot.tv

You watch commercials and they give you 50 cents each after answering some market research questions, up to a maximum of $10 a month, effectively giving you an almost 50% discount on Gamefly's most popular plan.

Anyone have any experience with them? I emailed gamefly so they can confirm if it's legit.[/QUOTE]

sounds like a very low paying job to me.

Yeah, they are legit. Their accounting methods leave a lot to be desired, but I've been doing it for 4 months now or so.

[quote name='ranzchic']Thanks for the link, and thanks for confirming. I had trouble finding the search button :p[/QUOTE]

Its alright. I'm all for double posting because it lets more people see deals that they never knew existed.

[quote name='CitizenB']Its alright. I'm all for double posting because it lets more people see deals that they never knew existed.[/quote]

Very true. I just signed up! :D

Already had this applied towards some of my Gamefly bills. The limit just increased to $10 sometime last month, as posted in the original topic covering this (linked by Citizen). It's a pretty nice deal. The commercials are typically around 30 seconds long, and you get a few very basic multiple choice questions afterwards. It takes hardly any effort at all to do.

Anyone who subscribes to Gamefly but doesn't do this is crazy IMO (or must have a job that pays more than $30-60 per hour) ;)

[quote name='Wario64']how many hours of work are we looking here?[/quote]

I would say 10-15 min to view 5 ads and answer a few questions. This will get you $2.50. Keep in mind you can check your email or do something else at the same time.

I've used this deal several months in a row now. Almost seems too good to be true, but I guess they remain legit and limit their damage from abusers by capping the maximum monthly payout to such small amounts.

Anyway, some things to consider with the deal:

First, after viewing all the commercials available, log out and then log back in again to see if there are any more you can watch immediately. When you first sign up, there are usually a dozen or more commercials to watch, even if they say you can only watch 6 in a day. This way, you don't have to remember to go back every day after day.

Also, you can have (real or imaginary) friends and family sign up and form a "household" with you, to pool together the amount you earn from commercials. So even if there are only 10 new commercials a month, get a friend to join with you, and you can grab the whole $10 discount.

Brightspot has just shutdown :(

Dear BrightSpot Member,
BrightSpot Media would like to thank all of our valued members for participating on BrightSpot.TV and taking advantage of the partnerships that we had established. We regret to inform you that as of Monday November 19th, 2007 the BrightSpot.TV site will no longer be available.
Over the past 14 months many of you have provided terrific feedback – what has worked well and what has not worked as well – all of which we will utilize as we develop the next iteration of BrightSpot.TV.
Again, thank you all for your support, if you have any further questions please contact BrightSpot Support at [email protected]
Thank you.
The BrightSpot Media team.

[quote name='ep2011']Confirmed, I got the email too :'([/quote]

:cold:

I still had $11 in credit :bomb:.

I'm glad that I managed to pay this month with Brightspot.

I hope GF will soon re-offer the pre-paid membership.

From Gamefly:

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Dear Eric,

We have just learned that BrightSpot.TV is no longer operating as of today. While they have let us know that they intend to relaunch, we have no assurance that this will actually happen.

We realize that some of you found the Brightspot.TV service to be valuable, so we will honor all credits earned through today, November 20th. We will let you know if we learn any additional details. In the meantime, please contact [email protected] if you have any questions.

Thank you,

GameFly Support[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]
E-mail: [email protected][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]
Online Help: www.gamefly.com/help

So they will honor the credit! Oh well, I have $0 credit lol
[/SIZE][/FONT]

Sites like this don't seem to last long.

I remember back in the day, there was a site called www.freeride.com

When it first started, you could earn a $10 gamestop gift card in about a week. ( I actually got enough for a Dreamcast from this site). Then they started cutting back and then they shut down for a while, then they came back and how it takes about 9 months to get a $10 gift card after visitiing every single day.

Another one bites the dust

[quote name='bostonfrontier']Sites like this don't seem to last long.

I remember back in the day, there was a site called www.freeride.com

When it first started, you could earn a $10 gamestop gift card in about a week. ( I actually got enough for a Dreamcast from this site). Then they started cutting back and then they shut down for a while, then they came back and how it takes about 9 months to get a $10 gift card after visitiing every single day.

Another one bites the dust[/QUOTE]

yea i remember freeride. Sadly i think brightspot shut down cause too many people abused it. You could open as many accountts as you wanted and say HOUSEHOlD even if every account was you.

i probally end up cancelling my gamefly come jan

Doubtful, but even household abuse was the case it would have only been an extra $1 at most a month for me lately. The advertisers wouldn't know the difference and who clicked through and bought anything anyway? I think it has to do more with them having too few places to spend the credit and sloppy web site design/execution (same ads over and over).

[quote name='turls']Doubtful, but even household abuse was the case it would have only been an extra $1 at most a month for me lately. The advertisers wouldn't know the difference and who clicked through and bought anything anyway? I think it has to do more with them having too few places to spend the credit and sloppy web site design/execution (same ads over and over).[/QUOTE]

not really. my sister and mother made up households in the last month

ALL Of my ads 25 cents and only 2 ads

all of their ads 50 cents and they had enough for 10 bucks

all someone had to do is make up a new email address once a month and you was for sure getting 10 off

now that Blockbuster carries DS games here i will probally be leaving come Jan

I can play

Zelda hourglass
My sims
(rumor they getting FF wings in WOO)

bread's done
Back