90% off Green Tagged Items at TRU (continued...)

[quote name='help1']are stores restocking? I think mine only has NFL 2k3's left.[/quote]

Why on earth would they possibly consider doing that?

The point of the clearance sale is to get rid of old merchandise. They're not going to bring in more old merchandise just to clear it out at another store.

And NFL 2K3 was well worth the $1.50 it cost me, I'll have you know.

Amazingly, found a couple new items at my TRU
Winning Eleven 6 PS2 3.00
Lotus Racing XB 2.50
Mace Griffin XB 2.00

Im sure it was just stock uncovered in the back storeroom

[quote name='drone8888']I picked up:

Unreal 2
MOH Rising Sun
Prince of Persia
World Series Baseball 2K3
Arc the Lad
La Pucelle
Primal x4

All for $23 just 2 days ago, from my local TRU.
They are TOTALLY cleaned out now.
As I found out that some guy has a DEAL with them.
He comes in before they open, during a clearance sale, and buys about 90% of the items, for his own online store.

I'm guessing eBay.
FAQing jerkoff!!!

I hate those hoarding dickwads.

Then, I find out I can't trade my Primals in at EB.
WTF!!!??

UH![/quote]

i remember back in the late 90s there were a few stores doing this . mostly mom and pop stores BUT they would charge anywhere from 1000 to 5000 per year for people to do this.

Got two PSOne combos (system & LCD screen) in Ft. Lauderdale, FL for $54.98 each and one in Boynton Beach, FL for $64.98. Not green tagged, but hard to find now.

[quote name='dwsscs']Just got a cool GC aluminum case with memory card, controller, ext cord., etc for $10 (normally $50, not a green tag item). Also scored a few xbox system link cable (crossover cable) for $0.75. There is some stuff left at TRU.

I didn't have my game list to check the games unmarked, but the ones I was familiar were gone.[/quote]

Whats this case look like?

Secondly the link cables are green tagged or did you just get lucky?

[quote name='Snake2715'][quote name='dwsscs']Just got a cool GC aluminum case with memory card, controller, ext cord., etc for $10 (normally $50, not a green tag item). Also scored a few xbox system link cable (crossover cable) for $0.75. There is some stuff left at TRU.

I didn't have my game list to check the games unmarked, but the ones I was familiar were gone.[/quote]

Secondly the link cables are green tagged or did you just get lucky?[/quote]

Its a square aluminum briefcase, and the cables were green tagged.

[quote name='dwsscs'][quote name='Snake2715'][quote name='dwsscs']Just got a cool GC aluminum case with memory card, controller, ext cord., etc for $10 (normally $50, not a green tag item). Also scored a few xbox system link cable (crossover cable) for $0.75. There is some stuff left at TRU.

Its a square aluminum briefcase, and the cables (official XBox SysteM Link Cables) were green tagged.[/quote]

[quote name='dwsscs'][quote name='dwsscs'][quote name='Snake2715'][quote name='dwsscs']Just got a cool GC aluminum case with memory card, controller, ext cord., etc for $10 (normally $50, not a green tag item). Also scored a few xbox system link cable (crossover cable) for $0.75. There is some stuff left at TRU.

Its a square aluminum briefcase, and the cables (official XBox SysteM Link Cables) were green tagged.[/quote][/quote]

Is the GC case an intec one? Hmm...might pick it up.

[quote name='jkam'][quote name='dwsscs'][quote name='dwsscs'][quote name='Snake2715'][quote name='dwsscs']Just got a cool GC aluminum case with memory card, controller, ext cord., etc for $10 (normally $50, not a green tag item). Also scored a few xbox system link cable (crossover cable) for $0.75. There is some stuff left at TRU.

Its a square aluminum briefcase, and the cables (official XBox SysteM Link Cables) were green tagged.[/quote][/quote]

Is the GC case an intec one? Hmm...might pick it up.[/quote]

Yeah its called Platinum Pro Gamers kit. There are 2 types of these on the shelf, make sure you get the right one.

[quote name='dwsscs'][quote name='jkam'][quote name='dwsscs'][quote name='dwsscs'][quote name='Snake2715'][quote name='dwsscs']Just got a cool GC aluminum case with memory card, controller, ext cord., etc for $10 (normally $50, not a green tag item). Also scored a few xbox system link cable (crossover cable) for $0.75. There is some stuff left at TRU.

Yeah its called Platinum Pro Gamers kit. There are 2 types of these on the shelf, make sure you get the right one.[/quote]

The link cables and the aluminum case both scanned at full price...

I am ridiculously late to the party, but I finally made it to a TRU last night.

Now I'm honestly not sure if I'll ever get around to playing it, but at $0.99 it's like they're putting a gun to my head and FORCING me to buy Perfect Dark. Well I've heard it's good... I feel like I have plenty of better multiplayer FPS options but maybe I'll give it a go for the single-player story some day.

Some GBA radio thing... I figured what the hell, it was like 60 cents.

And my favorite of all... the Soul Calibur II DELUXE strategy guide. The one that includes the soundtrack CD! It was only $2.50... I thought that was pretty badass!

Anyway as I said I am ridiculously late to the party. But since I wasn't really looking for anything in particular, I was more than happy with what I found. It was a nice send-off to a legendary sale.

Alot of these games are YMMV as previously stated....for example i Found arec the lad 2 ps2 for 4.99 at one tru (they only had one) and i saw it at another tru and bought it not noticing they charge me 8.99 for it. the same thing happend with Turok for ps2 one tru had it for 4.99 and another had it for 9.99

[quote name='Snake2715'][quote name='dwsscs'][quote name='jkam'][quote name='dwsscs'][quote name='dwsscs'][quote name='Snake2715'][quote name='dwsscs']Just got a cool GC aluminum case with memory card, controller, ext cord., etc for $10 (normally $50, not a green tag item). Also scored a few xbox system link cable (crossover cable) for $0.75. There is some stuff left at TRU.

Yeah its called Platinum Pro Gamers kit. There are 2 types of these on the shelf, make sure you get the right one.[/quote]

The link cables and the aluminum case both scanned at full price...[/quote]

This could be YMMV, but there were 2 different cases.

Make sure you got the right GC Case, its the intec Platinum Pro Gamers Kit, item #G5505 UPC #8 04926 05505 8. The Xbox system link cable was a official one, not bothering with numbers here.

I was at Toys R Us in Lawrenceville or Tucker, not sure of the town. Its the home of Benboxer.

Whats the difference???? If it has any tag i just assume its 90% off and so far it has worked....but these two games at both trus had no tags...i just asked theem

[quote name='cheapbastard']Whats the difference???? If it has any tag i just assume its 90% off and so far it has worked....but these two games at both trus had no tags...i just asked theem[/quote]

Any prices that end in .98 are always YMMV...they will vary by store (some stores may not even have it clearanced like others). It depends on the volume of the store and the sales of the particular game on clearance.

Green tagged items are 90% off and have a green tag (provided that your store doesn't suck). The aforementioned clearance games might be red tagged they might not. The red tag will say "New Lower Price" (whatever the price say it is, is what the price is) whereas the green tag just says "Toys R Us" and you take 90% off of whatever the tagged price is.

I popped in to my local TRU last night, and here's what I picked up:
GBA Space Invaders - $4
Intec Indigo Gamecube Battery - $4 (the last one, which was in the display case)

Of course, they didn't have a lot left. The cashier was looking at my receipt, and said "I can't believe I missed these two..." Too bad, sucker! :p

[quote name='Zmonkay'][quote name='drone8888']I picked up:

Unreal 2
MOH Rising Sun
Prince of Persia
Arc the Lad
La Pucelle
Primal x4

He comes in before they open, during a clearance sale, and buys about 90% of the items, for his own online store.

I'm guessing eBay.
FAQing jerkoff!!!

WTF!!!??

UH![/quote]

Wait a sec, La Pucelle is Green Tagged? I paid 20 bucks for that! Anyone know if I can bring it in and get money back? I bought it two or three weeks ago. thanks[/quote]

I went yesterday and found La Pucelle for $13.50 so it could be YMMV. Also found Devil's May Cry I for $4.00. Otherwise, nothing else worth mentioning. :D

[quote name='Ecofreak'][quote name='Zmonkay'][quote name='drone8888']I picked up:

Unreal 2
MOH Rising Sun
Prince of Persia
Arc the Lad
La Pucelle
Primal x4

I'm guessing eBay.
FAQing jerkoff!!!

WTF!!!??

UH![/quote]

Wait a sec, La Pucelle is Green Tagged? I paid 20 bucks for that! Anyone know if I can bring it in and get money back? I bought it two or three weeks ago. thanks[/quote]

I went yesterday and found La Pucelle for $13.50 so it could be YMMV. Also found Devil's May Cry I for $4.00. Otherwise, nothing else worth mentioning. :D[/quote]

Yeah, I just called my TRU, and its still in their system at 20 bucks, no green tag promotion attached. Definitely YMMV.

went to union, NJ tru and all the ps2/gc/xbox games are gone... still a bunch of perfect dark and DC sports games.

Got Legend of zelda windwaker guide for about $1.50, perfect dark for about $1.00 and Ps2 optical cable for $1.00

TRU at Bailey's Crossroads didn't have much. They had a bunch of e-Reader cards left, I picked up DK, DK 3, and Balloon Fight. Still had 3 NHL 97 Saturn games which I doubt are going anywhere. Bunch of Carrier games for DC. Gameshark CDX for DC $11.98 before discount. Gameshark for PS1 also.

My TRU had The Sims: Online for $9.98 before green tag discount. And still tons of DC 3-packs, and alot of Perfect Dark's. I got another ps2 memory card extender as well. ($2.48)

[quote name='Zmonkay'][quote name='drone8888']I picked up:

Unreal 2
MOH Rising Sun
Prince of Persia
Arc the Lad
La Pucelle
Primal x4

I'm guessing eBay.
FAQing jerkoff!!!

WTF!!!??

UH![/quote]

It's not green tagged so keep your shirt on.

There's still stuff out there. I went back today and got:
R Racing Evo -GC
NHL Rivals 2004 -2 Xbox
and the big surprise
Morrowind GOTY

Cost me about 6 dollars. I traded the R Racing and 2 NHLS to an indy store and got Mario Golf (New non-PC) and 10 bucks. Not too bad.

[quote name='drone8888']I picked up:

Unreal 2
MOH Rising Sun
Prince of Persia
Arc the Lad
La Pucelle
Primal x4

I'm guessing eBay.
FAQing jerkoff!!!

WTF!!!??

UH![/quote]

I stopped at that one on Saturday (the Dover one, right) and you are right, absolutely no green tag items left. It sucks that there are hoarders/resellers in the area. I did manage to pick up the last copy of Shadow Hearts Covenant for $19.95 though :D

[quote name='Zincdust']GBA Space Invaders - $4[/quote]

I paid more than this for a cart-only used copy of the GB original a few years ago. The sad part is I hardly every touch it. :(

[quote name='jkam']No luck on a GC case but I picked up an intec PS2 one for $7.48 :)[/quote]

Which Intec PS2 Case is it? I know there are two bundles and I really need a case so any clarification would be great.

[quote name='FFMooglestar'][quote name='jkam']No luck on a GC case but I picked up an intec PS2 one for $7.48 :)[/quote]

Which Intec PS2 Case is it? I know there are two bundles and I really need a case so any clarification would be great.[/quote]

This is the one I got. Pro Gamer's Case.

Link

It is NOT the bundle kit with included accessories...it's just the case. May be YMMV because someone got a GC case for $10 or so and the cheapest at my TRU was $20.

Last time I check my TRU still had:
4 copies of Mojo (XBOX): $1.00 a piece
About 10-15 Random strategy guides: $.70 a piece

Not sure what games the strategy guides pertained to. I'll look into it ASAP.

Went to WLA TRU today. Got anotehr 4 copies of Mojo XB (like 6-7 left), Spyhunter ph XB, Ultimate codes GT3, crimson skies guide, project gotham racing 2 guide, and Lufia GBA.

I also found:
The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of time 2-game bonus disc for $9.98...and I know they have tons of other treasures in their backroom since these were sitting on the shelf right inside their back stock room!

[quote name='BustaUppa']I am ridiculously late to the party, but I finally made it to a TRU last night.

Now I'm honestly not sure if I'll ever get around to playing it, but at $0.99 it's like they're putting a gun to my head and FORCING me to buy Perfect Dark. Well I've heard it's good... I feel like I have plenty of better multiplayer FPS options but maybe I'll give it a go for the single-player story some day.

Some GBA radio thing... I figured what the hell, it was like 60 cents.

And my favorite of all... the Soul Calibur II DELUXE strategy guide. The one that includes the soundtrack CD! It was only $2.50... I thought that was pretty badass!

Anyway as I said I am ridiculously late to the party. But since I wasn't really looking for anything in particular, I was more than happy with what I found. It was a nice send-off to a legendary sale.[/quote]

PD is one of the best 64 games IMO - Elvis rocks!

Still a few items out there picked up today:

Star Wars Obi Wan Xbox - $2
Waverace GC - $5
Tiger Woods PGA - Xbox -$3
Spyhunter Xbox- $2
Fantavision PS2 -$1.50
Backyard Hockey - $2
Defender of the Crown GBA - $3
D&D Eye of the Beholder GBA - $2
Stake Fortune Fighters Xbox - $2
Motor Trend Lotus Challenge Xbox - $2.50
Homeworld 2 PC - $2
Gladiator PS2 - $3

This stuff was on clearance, Eyetoy Groove no cam $8.98, and PSone LCD screens for $25

for all the ppl in vegas with e-readers TRU by the meadows has two whole card boxes of the air hockey free promo card, probably about 500 of them, they were laying right next to the cash register and i got one for free by asking

and there are no games at meadows or maryland pkwy, at least i didnt get any, someone probably got to them all, one time i say a dude get like 10 games $1 each fucking hoarder, i went back to each one about once every 2-3 weeks and i dont think they put out new stuff from the back or whatever but they might be hiding shit. and i didnt see no 80 yr old lady when i went to the maryland pkwy one, all the times i went about 4 times i saw teenagers one is kool but the other one is ok

i bought some basketballs on clearance for 60¢/ball and he offered to get the pump out the back of the store and pump them up for me, now thats a good worker

I sold 3 of the 10 games I bought at TRU to FYE in my local mall. They gave me $26.50 store credit. I'm looking into buying some more stuff if someone could fill me in on where I can find some more of these treasures!

I found 5 copies of the Pokemon Colosseum bonus disc for $8 a piece yesterday at my TRU. Funny, I didn't think that TRU would sell preorder stuff. Do they even give out preorder bonuses?

They were giving out the disc for free last year with a $5 pre-order for Pokemon Colosseum. Kind of messed up they are selling it for more money now than what it would have originally cost to get

I don't know how often they give out pre-order bonuses anymore but I know they used to all the time. For pre-ordering my N64 I remember getting sunglasses, a N64 duffel bag and a Mario T-Shirt and for pre-ordering NFL Blitz 2000, I got a football from them.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']They were giving out the disc for free last year with a $5 pre-order for Pokemon Colosseum. Kind of messed up they are selling it for more money now than what it would have originally cost to get

I don't know how often they give out pre-order bonuses anymore but I know they used to all the time. For pre-ordering my N64 I remember getting sunglasses, a N64 duffel bag and a Mario T-Shirt and for pre-ordering NFL Blitz 2000, I got a football from them.[/quote]

I've seen this same bonus disc at my TRU recently. I think the price of it was $5 though. Not really worth it.

Ive yet to see any games that are still green tagged, I was hoping to find a copy of medal of honor rising sun and perhaps a few more copys of primal. Anyone have any luck with those titles?

[quote name='dhrez']I found 5 copies of the Pokemon Colosseum bonus disc for $8 a piece yesterday at my TRU. Funny, I didn't think that TRU would sell preorder stuff. Do they even give out preorder bonuses?[/quote]

$8??!!! . Mine had them for $2. I saw it behind the glass when I was picking some games up and asked if I can have it. He scanned it and it rang $2. It was 3 weeks ago.

my local tru is giving away everthing that was a promo for free...such as ps2 POP demo discs, and star wars gc preview disc...not that great, but free nonetheless

[quote name='muncle']my local tru is giving away everthing that was a promo for free...such as ps2 POP demo discs, and star wars gc preview disc...not that great, but free nonetheless[/quote]

Cool! That Star Wars GC disc was $10 at my TRU a few weeks back.

bread's done
Back