90% off Green Tagged Items at TRU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Death2Sanity

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
This just came in on the intranet this afternoon. Starting tomorrow (2-9), all green tagged items will now be reduced 90%.

Odds are, there isn't much good stuff left...but what IS left will be $1-4, so some of that junk might be worth looking into.

[quote name='defiance_17'][quote name='soulwish2003']"" HEY LOOK AT ME !! I SHOP AT TOYS R US!! ""

:shock:

lot

lot 2

all auctions[/quote]

Haha, "My loss is your gain!" What a toolbag.[/quote]

Since peoples questions get posted at the bottom of the auction, someone should bust in there and say, "shop at toysrus much?", or "wow! did you know you can get all of those at 90% off at Toysrus?"

[quote name='defiance_17'][quote name='soulwish2003']"" HEY LOOK AT ME !! I SHOP AT TOYS R US!! ""

lot

lot 2

all auctions[/quote]

So people like this happen to be the reason that we get there and all the good stuff is gone.

By the way, the Columbus hoarder was described by a worker at the first TRU I went to as a guy with slicked-back hair. This guy (according to one person in this thread) drives a Taurus (totally filled up with TRU bags) and spends ALOT of money on many multiples of really low-value games. I'm sure Slick's going to learn a lesson or two once he gets to Ebay and finds out how little people are actually willing to pay for the likes of Universal Studios or Celebrity Deathmatch.

I really wish I could've been there to say a word or two to him while he was busy stacking his cart full of hundreds of games. . .

Steve

[quote name='ave1'] I'm sure Slick's going to learn a lesson or two once he gets to Ebay and finds out how little people are actually willing to pay for the likes of Universal Studios or Celebrity Deathmatch.

Steve[/quote]

Thats why I can't understand the thought of buying 10 copies of a specific game and attempting to sell them all on ebay. I mean if one person is able to get their hands on 10 copies, there must be literally hundreds that are able to do the same.

[quote name='KrAzY3'][quote name='defiance_17'][quote name='soulwish2003']"" HEY LOOK AT ME !! I SHOP AT TOYS R US!! ""

lot

lot 2

all auctions[/quote]

So people like this happen to be the reason that we get there and all the good stuff is gone.[/quote]

pretty much... god damn hoarders. taking all the shit so noone else can have it.

[quote name='rocksolidaudio']ok guys, i for one would like to see a new official list started for this one, as i plan to hit up more TRUs in the days to come. so i've started a thread over here

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=798388#798388

to list what games you've found. i'll update it as people add things to it. please bump (i.e. quote) this for the next couple of pages if you want to help the cause so people don't miss this. thanks.[/quote]

please gimme a bump/quote if you want this to work guys. i really think it will help us get the most out of what's left. just quote me even if you're talking about something entirely different.

[quote name='rocksolidaudio'][quote name='rocksolidaudio']ok guys, i for one would like to see a new official list started for this one, as i plan to hit up more TRUs in the days to come. so i've started a thread over here

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=798388#798388

to list what games you've found. i'll update it as people add things to it. please bump (i.e. quote) this for the next couple of pages if you want to help the cause so people don't miss this. thanks.[/quote]

please gimme a bump/quote if you want this to work guys. i really think it will help us get the most out of what's left. just quote me even if you're talking about something entirely different.[/quote]

I already saw it right after you made it a while ago. I clicked "Watch this topic" and I will reply to it tomorrow after I get home from TRU. (Sounds like I'll also have to save some of the money that I really don't have for K-Mart as well... So many deals, so little money... :cry: )

My visit to one TRU today: Item Count 67. Total purchase $114.03. YOU SAVED $951.58. Items included guides,games and accessories. Many games purchased not yet listed here. Much thanks to the OP on this deal. Me and the kids will be happy for some time. :D

[quote name='indomitable']My visit to one TRU today: Item Count 67. Total purchase $114.03. YOU SAVED $951.58. Items included guides,games and accessories. Many games purchased not yet listed here. Much thanks to the OP on this deal. Me and the kids will be happy for some time. :D[/quote]

Could you tell us the ones you got that aren't listed?

[quote name='2poor'][quote name='KrAzY3'][quote name='defiance_17'][quote name='soulwish2003']"" HEY LOOK AT ME !! I SHOP AT TOYS R US!! ""

lot

lot 2

all auctions[/quote]

So people like this happen to be the reason that we get there and all the good stuff is gone.[/quote]

pretty much... god damn hoarders. taking all the shit so noone else can have it.[/quote]

Someone going to explain to me the logic of people complaining about hoarders taking the good games when these same games have been 70% off for 6-7 weeks now?

Dave

A few more stops...

Monrovia, CA
PS2:
Wild Arms 3 $3 (last one)
Jak and Dexter $2 (a few left, remember the one with the sticker over the upc)
Dark Angel $2 (one left)

XB:
Stake Fortune Fighters $2 (last one)

DC:
Reel Fishing Wild

they had tons of the dc sports pack, tons of pennied guides and free guides (manhunt, max payne 2, rainbow six 3, enter the matrix)

Covina, CA (I think this was the Azusa store)

GBA: BEST SCORE YET...
Bomberman Max 2 Red Advance $3 (I was like wtf, that has to be gt)
Sled Storm $1

[quote name='"Nephets"'][quote name='"indomitable"']My visit to one TRU today: Item Count 67. Total purchase $114.03. YOU SAVED $951.58. Items included guides,games and accessories. Many games purchased not yet listed here. Much thanks to the OP on this deal. Me and the kids will be happy for some time. :D[/quote]

Could you tell us the ones you got that aren't listed?[/quote]

Wallace and Gromit PS2 $4
Deer Hunter PS2 $3
UFC:Tapout 2 XB $3
Knockout Kings 2002 XB $2
Legends of Wrestling 2 XB $2
Zapper GC $4
Gladiator XB $3
Taz Wanted GC $4
Airblade PS2 $2
NFL Gameday 2005 PS $3
Dark Angel XB $2
Gladius GC $5
Harry Potter and the Sorcerors Stone PS2 $3
Syphon Filter 3 PS $1.50
Ballistic PS $1
Real Myst PC $1.50
Sega Marlinfishing DC $1
Homeworld 2 PC $2
Command and Conquer Zero Hour PC $2

Hope that helps!

[quote name='"Scorch"']Hoarders are hoarders. You could use the same argument in any situation for any sale.[/quote]

Agreed -- Honestly, these are certainly some inexpensive videogames, but I'm taking a pass. I picked up everything when it was at 70% off and still grabbed DMC, PN03, MGS:S, MDK2, and Fear Effect 2. Wasn't too much when I last looked at the remainders so I doubt there's anything there now.

[quote name='Scorch']Hoarders are hoarders. You could use the same argument in any situation for any sale.[/quote]

Agreed -- Honestly, these are certainly some inexpensive videogames, but I'm taking a pass. I picked up everything when it was at 70% off and still grabbed DMC, PN03, MGS:S, MDK2, and Fear Effect 2. Wasn't too much when I last looked at the remainders so I doubt there's anything there now.

To me, sure, they're $2-$4 -- but I'm convinced it's not worth it for games I'm likely to play for 10 minutes. I'd rather pay a little more and make sure I add games to my collection that I play and stick with.

Hoarders will be hoarders -- but really, consumers are saavy enough to stay away from buying crap.

[quote name='MightySlacker']
Someone going to explain to me the logic of people complaining about hoarders taking the good games when these same games have been 70% off for 6-7 weeks now?

Dave[/quote]

Don't know about your TRU, but ours had the a lot of stuff hoarded as soon as it was marked down to 70%. Not saying its so horrible, but the idea that one guy comes in as soon as stuff is marked down (as the TRU employees told me), keeps everyone else from getting them, then puts them all in a giant auction is at least annoying. Not saying its immoral or anything but that's why we go down there hoping for just ONE copy of a game and all 15 copies are gone.

Great list RSA. Thank you!

I saw a few Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance's, but, they were still 50... so, they'd be still pretty expensive with 90 percent off, but I think I'll go tomorrow and pick one up. I need a replacement as my old PS2 one broke.

I hope the sale is even running at mine by then, I could use some N64 games and some cheap games for EB credit for Star Fox Assault.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart'][quote name='defiance_17'][quote name='soulwish2003']"" HEY LOOK AT ME !! I SHOP AT TOYS R US!! ""

lot

lot 2

all auctions[/quote]

Since peoples questions get posted at the bottom of the auction, someone should bust in there and say, "shop at toysrus much?", or "wow! did you know you can get all of those at 90% off at Toysrus?"[/quote]

Actually they dont automatically show up on the auction, the seller gets an email notifying him of a question, thenhe goes to the my ebay page to answer it, at that time there will be an option to post it on the auction for others or only send an email to the asker.

[quote name='Cpt Hooks']wd409 do you think people here actually give a f-ck about your E-GAY auctions...................HELL NO[/quote]

Welcome to CAG - Don't be a pecker.

[quote name='Cpt Hooks']wd409 do you think people here actually give a f-ck about your E-GAY auctions...................HELL NO[/quote]

I think you misunderstood me, I dont even have any auctions going, nor have I sold any games (do a completed seller search on my name if you dont believe me)

I was simply saying that posting questions wouldnt ambush that guys auction unless he was foolish enough to post them.

could we have a list of possible TRU that have been hit? I am going to check out one in Dothan Alabama today, not expecting much, since they never have shit anyway. I was just wondering if a list of places already shopped could be made up

[quote name='soulwish2003'][quote name='Cpt Hooks']wd409 do you think people here actually give a f-ck about your E-GAY auctions...................HELL NO[/quote]

Welcome to CAG - Don't be a pecker.[/quote]

I wasnt trying to be one, read my post that is 1 post above this.

Here is what I got:

Drake (XB): 3.48
Robotech Battlecry (XB): 2.00
Spy Hunter (XB): 2.00
Eternal Darkness (GCN): 3.50
Ikaruga (GCN): 4.00
Clubworld (PS2): 1.00
Primal (PS2): 1.50
Skygunner (PS2): 5.00
Terminator (PS2): 4.00
Tennis 2k2 (DC): 1.00
Virtua Tennis (GBA): 1.00
Sports Bundle [NBA, NFL, MLB 2k1 (DC): 1.20

my total was 35.59, saving 267.13. the cashier told me one guy came in and got about $600.00 worth, but only spent like 60.

[quote name='wd409'][quote name='soulwish2003'][quote name='Cpt Hooks']wd409 do you think people here actually give a f-ck about your E-GAY auctions...................HELL NO[/quote]

I wasnt trying to be one, read my post that is 1 post above this.[/quote]

He was referring to Cpt Hooks, not you.

[quote name='wd409'][quote name='soulwish2003'][quote name='Cpt Hooks']wd409 do you think people here actually give a f-ck about your E-GAY auctions...................HELL NO[/quote]

I wasnt trying to be one, read my post that is 1 post above this.[/quote]

He quoted CPt Hooks and therefore he was calling capt hooks a pecker not yourself.

FYI

[quote name='Zon27']A few more stops...

Monrovia, CA
PS2:
Dark Angel $2 (one left)

XB:

DC:
Reel Fishing Wild

they had tons of the dc sports pack, tons of pennied guides and free guides (manhunt, max payne 2, rainbow six 3, enter the matrix)

Sled Storm $1[/quote]

Went to the Covina one too.

Picked up

okage - $3
primal - $1.50
wild arms 3 - $1.50
virtua tennis 2k2 - $1.00
sega sports pack - $1.20
ps2 head set - $3.00
gundam battle assault 2 - $2.00
interact rumble pack - .08

Got to meet another CAG there too.

Trying to decide whether to stop for a third time at the Sawmill store in Columbus, OH. Hit it on the way home last night and added R:Racing Evolution GC and Ejay PS2.

What kind of mountain was this $12 thing? I'm sure they won't have it, but I might check anyway.

thanks!

hey megashock5, did they have anymore R:racing for the gamecube?,i already have it but wouldnt mind picking up the pac-man VS, oh and the rest of columbus is wiped.they did have fire emblem and castelvania aria of sorrow for 15 each, which doesnt seem too bad( at the hamilton rd store)

Something I haven't seen mentioned yet:
The Catonsville, MD, store has Performance brand SuperPad controller/memory card bundles for Nintendo 64 on clearance for 25 cents, a whole quarter. They come in black, blue, green and red, and although they're not as good as the Nintendo brand, you'll probably never find them anywhere else new for just a quarter. They had at least a dozen left when I was there.

This is such a massive post that nobody from Kansas will likely see this, but TRU East in Wichita was cleared out before this sale got started, but TRU West had a whole bunch of value software (Mad Maestro, Silpheed, Parappa 2, Ejay Club Groove). Since there were plenty of copies, I bought a couple of each to use in trade-in credit at EB Games to get Snake Eater. There were still a ton left after I was gone. For keeps, I also got:

Eternal Darkness — $5
Gladius (GC) — $5
Soul Caliber 2 (PS2) — $9.00 (not a green sticker deal, but I just got a PS2 and wanted it)
Castlevania: Lament of Innocence — $8 (non-green sticker price)
Wrestlemania 19 (GC) — $1.99

So, if you're in Wichita, go to the West side and not the East (unless you really want Virtua Striker for the GameCube).

For those in Tampa, FL. The Fowler Ave. TRU had very little as well. Picked up

Black & Bruised (PS2) for $3
Mad Maestro (PS2) for $1

They also had all the ereader games (Balloon Fight, DK3, etc) for $4.99 on the green tag (so I guess that would make 'em $0.50?) If I had an e-reader I definitely would've taken advantage of it.

[quote name='thealternakid']hey megashock5, did they have anymore R:racing for the gamecube?,i already have it but wouldnt mind picking up the pac-man VS, oh and the rest of columbus is wiped.they did have fire emblem and castelvania aria of sorrow for 15 each, which doesnt seem too bad( at the hamilton rd store)[/quote]

Sawmill is completely wiped out. All The R: Racing for GCN were gone when I went there last night. The only thing I was able to pick up was Legaia 2 for $3. Other than DC, PSX, and N64 games, I don't think I saw any other green tag games left there. Whoever swept through that store, was pretty thorough.

The West Broad store didn't have much prior to the sale so I expected not to find much there. I was able to pick up the last 3 copies of R: Racing for GCN from there and a copy of Mojo for Xbox.

Oh, and alternakid, if you are just looking for a Pac-Man Vs. disc, I could probably hook you up with one of those.

I spent $17 here in Orem, UT

Best deal: S-Video PS2 hookup for $3 (last one). I didn't even know if my TV had an S-Video port, but for $3 I thought it was worth the risk. So I got home, hooked it up, and was blown away. Why didn't I buy one of these day I bought my PS2?!?!! The picture quality is markedly better (at least on my TV). Small text that was blurry and sometimes hard to read before is now crisp and clear. If I'd have known the difference it makes, I would have gladly paid the $30 full price.

Worst deal: PS2 Horizontal Stand for 50 cents. I was looking at it at the store trying to figure out what the point of it was, and thought maybe when I put it on the PS2 all would become clear. So I put it on and not only does it look more pointless than ever, that stupid blue wedge thing on the front is blocking half the ventilation holes. My vote for Most Worthless Accessory Ever.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart'][quote name='defiance_17'][quote name='soulwish2003']"" HEY LOOK AT ME !! I SHOP AT TOYS R US!! ""

lot

lot 2

all auctions[/quote]

Since peoples questions get posted at the bottom of the auction, someone should bust in there and say, "shop at toysrus much?", or "wow! did you know you can get all of those at 90% off at Toysrus?"[/quote]

He didn't post it....

Question about your item

Marketplace Safety Tip

If this email is an offer to directly sell you an item without bidding on and winning the item on eBay, please report it to us immediately and do not respond. An offer to sell an item directly to another eBay member through email violates eBay rules. It is also extremely unsafe to purchase an item through this email system regardless of the seller's claims or feedback, as you lose the benefit of eBay's purchase protection programs and risk losing your money.

Dear jupitersj,

You asked:
"Is this a 90% off greentag Toys R Us lot?"

No, I started this auction a week ago, the 90% off didn't start until yesterday! I bought these games last summer and in December.

View this listing now to bid or purchase this item.

Item # Item Title Listing end date

6945699469 54 NEW SEALED PLAYSTATION 2 Video Games! Wholesale Lot! Feb-13-05

Thank you,
okauctions

[quote name='thealternakid']anyone know if the heath or springfield ohio stores have been wiped clean?[/quote]
Springfield has a few games left. Mostly PS2, but nothing good really. I think I remember seeing Fantavision, the Bouncer, and some tennis game. I didn't check out the Cube section, but the GBA and Xbox were pretty much wiped. They had Intec Dreamcast controllers for $0.25 each after discount.

So I went to 3 TRU's yesterday. I didn't get much more than I said in my first post about 35 pages ago but I have just been reading a bunch of these posts. Congrats to those who got the intec 5.4" XBOX screen. I went looking for one and I decided that if I found one I would get an XBOX. I have never wanted an XBOX but I guess that is the little CAG devil saying BUY IT BUY IT even if you don't need or want it. I think it was probably a good thing I didn't find one.

I picked up Savage Skies PS2 for $1.30 which wasn't marked.

I saw a Gamecube Modem Adapter for $4 but didn't get it. I thought it was the broadband adapter at first. I didn't even know they made a modem version.

Also...the last store I went to I saw someone buying a shit TON of Xbox games. At first I was like ah whatever 90% off doesn't come around often...but then it did urk me a bit. I have bought multiples but I always leave a bunch of copies unless it is the last one and a game I want for myself. It just doesn't feel right grabbing everything for grabbing its sake. I did buy a lot of $1 games to trade in to EB but I spread out my purchases throughout the 3 stores I went to. Not really preaching and it is a case of early bird gets the worm but it wouldn't hurt to be polite. If I had a stack of Eternal Darknesses and someone said could I get one of those I would say sure thing!!!!

NOW FOR ANOTHER STORY!!!! The last TRU I went to had a gameboy + e-reader bundle in the glass case. I was waiting on line going... I'm getting that!!! Anyway the person with all the XBOX games was being rung up and they had one guy working (in the whole store!!!) who was taking his sweet time! I was in a bit of a rush so decided to come back later. I went back later grabbing some stuff...and the gameboy bundle was gone. I ask the clerk how much it was and he said "$7". I knew it would only be $7 from what everyone said but if only I had another 10 to 15 mintues to wait. ARGHHHHH!!!!! :evil:
That's what being a CAG is all about though I guess and I got a couple back when amazon\tru sold the bundles for $25 online so I'm not too hurt...it's just being able to say you bought a GBA e-reader bundle for $7 would be like a CAG badge of honor!

I also can't complain because between free TRU games and this sale I spent about $28 dollars and I have over $200 in store credit at EB and Starfox Assault for GC pre-ordered.

Man this site is in my blood!

I have a sealed PS2 Primal I would like to trade for a Sealed Eternal Darkness GC. I know a bunch of you got multiple copies, so help a CAGer out. All my TRU had was primal and some cheap sports games.

Thanks

Don't know if already posted, but:
Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy -- $2.00

I believe this came down the pipeline yesterday.

yeah, yesterday I was at TRU and picked up tons of games but not multiples. I hate being an ass that way. I think in some ways it's a bit selfish. ah well, there's bastards everywhere. In the next 15 min im headed off to a different TRU. Wish me luck... I hope to find a GBA.

[quote name='ValkyrieVF-1S'][quote name='Zon27']A few more stops...

Monrovia, CA
PS2:
Dark Angel $2 (one left)

XB:

DC:
Reel Fishing Wild

Sled Storm $1[/quote]

Went to the Covina one too.

Picked up

okage - $3
primal - $1.50
wild arms 3 - $1.50
virtua tennis 2k2 - $1.00
sega sports pack - $1.20
ps2 head set - $3.00
gundam battle assault 2 - $2.00
interact rumble pack - .08

Got to meet another CAG there too.[/quote]

Thanks for leaving the Wild Arms 3, I was really happy about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back