90% off Green Tagged Items at TRU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Death2Sanity

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
This just came in on the intranet this afternoon. Starting tomorrow (2-9), all green tagged items will now be reduced 90%.

Odds are, there isn't much good stuff left...but what IS left will be $1-4, so some of that junk might be worth looking into.

To whoever wiped out the East Hanover, NJ TRU this afternoon - you're an absolute ass. This guy bought a shopping cart full of Crash Bash and Bloodrayne, literally at least 10 copies of each, among tons of copies of other games. He held up the whole line and really pissed a lot of people off. I have no idea what you're going to do with all of those Crash Bash, but good luck. There was another guy there who knew about this deal, either from this site or FW, and he thought it was ludicrous as well. Sorry for the rant people, but I just had to say it. Some people are abusing this deal to the fullest.

I envy those of you who have TRU's with some decent games left...I bought one of the last copies of KOF 00/01 when the 50% sale started and the rest of them were cleared out soon after...Finding one now at this price is pretty awesome, damn you people and your low-traffic regions.

[quote name='rarebucky']To whoever wiped out the East Hanover, NJ TRU this afternoon - you're an absolute ass. This guy bought a shopping cart full of Crash Bash and Bloodrayne, literally at least 10 copies of each, among tons of copies of other games. He held up the whole line and really pissed a lot of people off. I have no idea what you're going to do with all of those Crash Bash, but good luck. There was another guy there who knew about this deal, either from this site or FW, and he thought it was ludicrous as well. Sorry for the rant people, but I just had to say it. Some people are abusing this deal to the fullest.[/quote]

I have to agree. I have seen more of these types of situations with this sale then with any other recent game deals including the CC $5 sale. I have personally seen an older couple literally picking up stacks of various games not even caring what they are and shoveling them into a shopping cart. I also heard a story from an employee that on the first day they had a very large table stacked 2 feet high with PS2, XBox, and GC games and a team of three people came in and literally took every game on the table. The employee had to "restock" the table with new games from the back after they left.

Could somoene link me to the green tag sale list that someone' was working on a couple days ago? I'm going to TRU in a couple horus to scour the store for green tag stuff and I can't find the link.

I went to another TRU and picked up a few more games, didn't have much left, mostly sports games.

Alter Echo x 2 $1.30 each
Zapper x 2 $4.00 each
Tennis 2K2 DC $1.00
Sega Marine Fishing DC $1.00

I went to my third TRU today and picked up a few things.

Kiss Psycho Circus DC - $1.00
Performance controller + rumble pack DC - $0.25
Fire Emblem Prima guide - $1.50

And my cousin picked up a PS1 EA Sports controller for $0.50. I love TRU.

talknetps2.jpg

^^that's green tagged at my TRU. Didn't get it last time, there were 4 left two days ago.. probably gone now, but i'm going to check again in an hour or so for a restock.

[quote name='Scorch']
talknetps2.jpg

^^that's green tagged at my TRU. Didn't get it last time, there were 4 left two days ago.. probably gone now, but i'm going to check again in an hour or so for a restock.[/quote]

Its funny I just picked that headset up at my TRU. Came out to $3.

[quote name='jlarlee'][quote name='Scorch']
talknetps2.jpg

^^that's green tagged at my TRU. Didn't get it last time, there were 4 left two days ago.. probably gone now, but i'm going to check again in an hour or so for a restock.[/quote]

Its funny I just picked that headset up at my TRU. Came out to $3.[/quote]
Yeah, I picked it up the other day for $3 also, I needed a PS2 headset.

[quote name='Ugamer_X'][quote name='jlarlee'][quote name='Scorch']
talknetps2.jpg

Yeah, I picked it up the other day for $3 also, I needed a PS2 headset.[/quote]

yeah but how does it compare to the Logitec PS2 headset?

Visited the TRU @ Champaign, IL. Nothing good. I got couple extra Primals, if any IL CAGer wants to trade, PM me. Maybe we can meet up or somethig.

Toys R Us on RT 46 (Jersey) still had some good games I was shocked

PS2
Everquest Frontiers 3.00
Gladiator 3.00

GC
Gladius 5.00
Smashing Drive 4.00

Xbox
Bloodrayne 3.98

I checked the on on Rt 10 (I believe it is East Hanover) and the guy at the register said someone cleaned them out this morning.

He left behind I game

A Mark of Kri for PS2

[quote name='dsullo']Toys R Us on RT 46 (Jersey) still had some good games I was shocked

PS2
Everquest Frontiers 3.00
Gladiator 3.00

GC
Gladius 5.00
Smashing Drive 4.00

Xbox
Bloodrayne 3.98

I checked the on on Rt 10 (I believe it is East Hanover) and the guy at the register said someone cleaned them out this morning.

He left behind I game

A Mark of Kri for PS2[/quote]

People like that should be stoned to death with broken consoles.

[quote name='JimmieMac'][quote name='Ugamer_X'][quote name='jlarlee'][quote name='Scorch']
talknetps2.jpg

yeah but how does it compare to the Logitec PS2 headset?[/quote]

I dunno but at $3 it just has to be fairly decent not excellent

[quote name='jlarlee'][quote name='JimmieMac'][quote name='Ugamer_X'][quote name='jlarlee'][quote name='Scorch']
talknetps2.jpg

I dunno but at $3 it just has to be fairly decent not excellent[/quote]

is that thing USB?

[quote name='DenisDFat'][quote name='jlarlee'][quote name='JimmieMac'][quote name='Ugamer_X'][quote name='jlarlee'][quote name='Scorch']
talknetps2.jpg

I dunno but at $3 it just has to be fairly decent not excellent[/quote]

is that thing USB?[/quote]

yes it is.

I just got three of the headsets, one to trade on here and two for profit. I took them to GameCrazy. It rang up for $9 in credit each (EB gave 5, Rhino gave 3), and was eligible for their 2 for 10 deal! This put me at $28 total, but I hung on to them for the time being. They didn't have anything used that I wanted.. except POP:WW, and it was $41.99 used.

I got a shit load of stuff.

10 Mojo - Xbox -- 10 dollars
2 Universal Studios - Gamecube -- 4 dollars
Sould Calibur II Guide-- 69 cents
Yu-Gi-Oh Flase Kingdom - 1.49
2 Dreamcast Gamesharks - 2.98
6 Nintendo 64 Gamesharks - 2.94
2 Gamecube rechargable Batteries - 8.98
1 PSone LCD 5' screen- 9.99
4 Packs of different E-reader cards - 1.30
7 Packs of Mario Party e-reader Sets - 3.43
1 RF Modulator for Gamecube- 1.69

What Xbox and PS2 accesories are green tagged that are worth picking up? I saw a whole bunch of stuff still left at my TRU right now.

OK, made my third trip to the Hialeah, FL store. Got the following in all trips:

Trip 1:
Eternal Darkness GC $5
Wave Race Blue Storm GC $5
RE: Code Veronica X PS2 $9
Primal PS2 (x6) $1.50 each

Trip 2:
Mojo PS2 $1
Fantavision PS2 $1.50
Eternal Darkness GC $5
Diablo II PC $0.80
LOTR: Two Towers GBA $2.50

Trip 3:
Secret Weapons Over Normandy PS2 $2
R Racing Evolution GC (x3) $1.50 each

Pretty good IMO.

[quote name='Scorch']
talknetps2.jpg

Yeah, $3. I've seen them around none of them are tagged.

Strange, I went to another TRU today and they had Fatal Frame 2 and Mojo for Xbox but neither came as part of the sale, how come? Does anyone know?

Every single one of you buying more than one copy of anything deserve to have hot coals shoved down your throats.

To the guy who walked out with about 50 of the E-reader games at the Tallahassee FL TRU: Die, you bastard.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Every single one of you buying more than one copy of anything deserve to have hot coals shoved down your throats.
[/quote]

More than one copy? :rofl:

That's probably 90% of the people who got anything from this deal.

I usually just get one copy of each that I want, I don't trade them in or sell them either...just buy what I want for myself.

[quote name='waxHead'][quote name='CoffeeEdge']Every single one of you buying more than one copy of anything deserve to have hot coals shoved down your throats.
[/quote]

That's probably 90% of the people who got anything from this deal.[/quote]

Then 90% of people need the coals. ;)

Seriously, people, take what you need (I suppose if you need to pick up a spare copy for a friend, or perhaps as a gift, then that's OK), but buying 10 copies of something, 9 of which you intend to sell on eBay, and profiting at the expense of others, is the ultimate perversion of what being a CAG is about.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge'][quote name='waxHead'][quote name='CoffeeEdge']Every single one of you buying more than one copy of anything deserve to have hot coals shoved down your throats.
[/quote]

That's probably 90% of the people who got anything from this deal.[/quote]

Then 90% of people need the coals. ;)

Seriously, people, take what you need (I suppose if you need to pick up a spare copy for a friend, or perhaps as a gift, then that's OK), but buying 10 copies of something, 9 of which you intend to sell on eBay, and profiting at the expense of others, is the ultimate perversion of what being a CAG is about.[/quote]

The problem here is that no one's defined hoarding. If I buy the last two copies of a game, one for myself and one to trade or give as a gift, then someone can say that's hoarding, that I should've left the other for someone else. I say that's BS.

But if someone's buying 5+ copies at once, that seems excessive, as there's no reason to get that many at one time. If it's over the course of a couple days/weeks of a deal, I don't think that's as much of a problem, just let someone else have a shot at it.

I got the following today at the Monroe St. store in Toledo, OH

Commands 2 (XBOX) $2.00 (last one)
Lotus Challenge (XBOX $2.50 (last one)
Yugi-Oh Falsebound kingdom guide $1.50 (They had a few left of these).
THUG Guide 70 cents (They had 2 left)
Medal of Honor: Rising Sun Guide 70 cents. (They had a bunch left)

They still had two Soul Calibur 2 guides also for 70 cents each.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Every single one of you buying more than one copy of anything deserve to have hot coals shoved down your throats.

To the guy who walked out with about 50 of the E-reader games at the Tallahassee FL TRU: Die, you bastard.[/quote]

C'mon, those e-Reader games have been available @ 70% off for months. If you really wanted one, you could have gotten most of them then for less than $1. He's not going to make much of a profit, and certainly not anything worth his time and effort. Now...if it had been 50 copies of Jak & Daxter, I'd join you in wishing him a slow and painful death.

I got some extras of games... only to give as gifts though. I might check TRU tomorrow for the demo discs, since I hear they get 10 dollars of trade in credit towards a preorder.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Strange, I went to another TRU today and they had Fatal Frame 2 and Mojo for Xbox but neither came as part of the sale, how come? Does anyone know?[/quote]

That's why many of us have basically been shut out. At some stores (mine for instance) they have peeled off the sku over the regular UPC code that gave the lower price. Bastards! :shock: MOJO at my TRU for $9.99 no discount . . . kiss my . . .

[quote name='schultzed'][quote name='hiccupleftovers']Strange, I went to another TRU today and they had Fatal Frame 2 and Mojo for Xbox but neither came as part of the sale, how come? Does anyone know?[/quote]

That's why many of us have basically been shut out. At some stores (mine for instance) they have peeled off the sku over the regular UPC code that gave the lower price. Bastards! :shock: MOJO at my TRU for $9.99 no discount . . . kiss my . . .[/quote]

You got that right, Bastards. The lady working the counter in the R'Zone or whatever was real bitch even though when I asked her to call another store and they said it was part of the 90% she wouldn't give it to me.

[quote name='schultzed'][quote name='hiccupleftovers']Strange, I went to another TRU today and they had Fatal Frame 2 and Mojo for Xbox but neither came as part of the sale, how come? Does anyone know?[/quote]

That's why many of us have basically been shut out. At some stores (mine for instance) they have peeled off the sku over the regular UPC code that gave the lower price. Bastards! :shock: MOJO at my TRU for $9.99 no discount . . . kiss my . . .[/quote]

I wonder why some games looked like that until now.

I flipped the game to see the back of it and I saw th UPC code had being removed of a sticker that was there before.

I can't really get my hopes up here in Chiicago anyway. The 90% might work for some of you.

Here there are only newer releases and the Reps. are a bunch of ignorant assholes.

*sigh*
I haven't been able to find anything really good. Although I got an 8mb memory expansion thingy for the PS2. I tried scanning a bunch of games from the list and none worked. There were tags for some games that were 1.50, but they were all gone. It sucks not being able to drive...T_T

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']
You got that right, Bastards. The lady working the counter in the R'Zone or whatever was real bitch even though when I asked her to call another store and they said it was part of the 90% she wouldn't give it to me.[/quote]

Actually, in terms of personality, the people are fine. One clerk was really cool and they never hassled me over the printed coupon . . .

I was commenting on store policy.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers'][quote name='schultzed'][quote name='hiccupleftovers']Strange, I went to another TRU today and they had Fatal Frame 2 and Mojo for Xbox but neither came as part of the sale, how come? Does anyone know?[/quote]

You got that right, Bastards. The lady working the counter in the R'Zone or whatever was real bitch even though when I asked her to call another store and they said it was part of the 90% she wouldn't give it to me.[/quote]

Same here, all the stuff that was on sale at one time is back to regular price.....

I went to TRU yesterday but Devil May Cry GH (PS2), Socom Navy Seal GH (PS2), Pacman World 2 (Xbox), and True Crime (GC) are not on sale. I told the cashier girl to press the total button at the end but the 90% off price still didn't showed up. I'm not sure why. Did the sale ended already?

The sale's still on, I just went to TRU today, having read this thread last night. And, they had a small bin with a lot of accessories and games for 90% off. Only PS2 games they had were Primal though, but I bought 2 for $1.50 each. And, the rest were Dreamcast sports titles.

Still a good buy though. The games suck, but.. I'm gonna make some money off them and get one better $50 game.

[quote name='Chrono81'][quote name='hiccupleftovers'][quote name='schultzed'][quote name='hiccupleftovers']Strange, I went to another TRU today and they had Fatal Frame 2 and Mojo for Xbox but neither came as part of the sale, how come? Does anyone know?[/quote]

Same here, all the stuff that was on sale at one time is back to regular price.....[/quote]
same here all the games that were supposed to be on sale were just clearanced, o think my TRU is trying to get in as much pennies before they go under

i just got back home..DAMN rainning..ANYWAYZ

i bought

MOJO x3 (PS2) 1.00$ each
TALKNET ONLINE HEADSET x2 3.00$
R RACING EVOLUTION (GC) x4 1.50$
FANTAVISION x3 (PS2) 1.50$
MAD MAESTRO x3 (PS2) 1.00$
ROAD TRIP x2 (PS2) 1.00$
PRO BASS CHALLENGE x3 (PS2) 1.00$
SLED STORM x3 (ps2) 1.00$
GC BETTERY x2 4.00
ETERNEL EYES x3 (PS1) 1.00
SPEC OPS : SA (PS1) 1.00
SPEC OPS : CA (PS1) 1.00
BLASTER MASTER (PS1) 1.00

i JUST PASS UP K-MART DEALS...
IF ANYTHIN INTEREST PLEASE PM ME..
GOOD LUCK!

My TRU has many PS2 games left, but only one interested me that I don't have:
Siren : 8 dollars something

They have Devil May Cry (8something), Red Faction (5s), Primal, and many other craps.
They also have many N64 and Dreamcast and PSone games on sale.
I picked up:
Perfect Dark : $1
Sega Bass Fishing : $.50
Sega Sports Tennis 2k2 : $1

They also have a pak of 6 crappy PSone games for $3, almost bought them for playing frisbee.

[quote name='Zon27'][quote name='Scorch']
talknetps2.jpg

Yeah, $3. I've seen them around none of them are tagged.[/quote]

I just bought one, they were in the same section as the 3rd party accessories / controllers for the PS2, where the regular priced games are. It was hanged onto the metal stick, and the white SKU sticker label was $32.99. When the cashier rang it up on the scanner, it had the word PROMO under the price. Got it for $3.30. Thanks to the poster who first posted this deal. :wink:

[quote name='dsullo']Toys R Us on RT 46 (Jersey) still had some good games I was shocked

PS2
Everquest Frontiers 3.00
Gladiator 3.00

GC
Gladius 5.00
Smashing Drive 4.00

Xbox
Bloodrayne 3.98

He left behind I game

A Mark of Kri for PS2[/quote]

dsullo - are you one of the guys I saw at the Route 10 TRU? I'm the one who wrote above and also witnessed that asswipe cleaning out the whole store. It was really unbelievable. I'm willing to bet that person is a member here and I'd LOVE to find out who it is. I only ended up with a few copies of Turok for Xbox :(

Well I just took a bunch of Drake of the 99 Dragons for $3.98 at Roseville, MN. How does everyone have Primal.. and damn was the guy an ass up there at TRU. Well I ask him for the TRU list (like someone mention a few page ago? o_O) and he just said whatever is on the table is on there.. -.-. Oh well..

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back