90% off Green Tagged Items at TRU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Death2Sanity

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
This just came in on the intranet this afternoon. Starting tomorrow (2-9), all green tagged items will now be reduced 90%.

Odds are, there isn't much good stuff left...but what IS left will be $1-4, so some of that junk might be worth looking into.

[quote name='"CoffeeEdge"']Every single one of you buying more than one copy of anything deserve to have hot coals shoved down your throats.quote]

Screw that, I got PSP for $50 (multiple $1 game trade-ins), Kessen III and DMC3 for $10 each, Tekken 5 for $7 (half were jam packs), Digital Devil LE for $15, Phantom Dust for $4, and Xenosaga II w/preorder for $5 (jam packs again) and this was all because I bought 10 copies of every stupid dollar game i could get.

So lets see i got $530 worth of games for about $100 after tax. Try and beat them apples.

Rockford, IL CAGers: There are no green-tagged games left at your TRU, but when I was there this morning they have plenty of untagged copies of R Racing Evolution GC that rang up for $1.50. I only have a GC so didn't check to see what else might be untagged.

TRU in Dedham MA was wiped clean. They had LOTS of GBA accessories and some copies of Perfect Dark left...like 1. They still had quite a lot of green tag strategy guides in great shape, like the Soul Calibur II hardcover.

That's about it.
Edit: Oh, but they still have one copy of Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow on GBA for $17xxx, probablly rings up lower.

I agree, i got greedy and over the top; but I made sure that most of the stock at my store was still left over. I know it would totally suck for someone else if i were to walk away with all the Sled Storms, Mojos, Mad Miestros, etc... My place actually had huge bins full of these games so i felt a little at liberty to claim a portion. However i did notice some guy buying 60 goddamn copies of Sled Storm and 40 Mad Miestro's ontop of another $100 of stuff and that's just not cool.
So I say take what you need; don't take the majority or close to that of it and move to the next. If you see a dollar game that they only have 5 copies of, it's ok to get one but just one only if you really want it for your own collection and not as a trade in.

In chico CA, there were just psone sports games left. However, I found soul calibur 2 for 12 bucks :) So I got that. I bought like 3 copies of smackdown so I could pop off the cases and put them on my more precious games.

[quote name='argyle'][quote name='Skylander7']I went again on my lunchbreak today to pick up some more EB fodder. Unfortunately, whereas there is a lack of CAG's in Montgomery, there's an abundance of Fat Wallet Nazi's. Somebody bought ALL of the Xbox screens at once, and fat Nascar tshirt wearing rednecks were digging through games for hording. My monopoly has thus ended. I'm checking out Dothan AL tomorrow, possibly getting an Xbox live kit and bike if they got it. On a side note, I got into an argument with a lady over Jack and Daxter, as she refused to give it to me for 2 bucks and claimed that it rang up $19.99. The manager ended up chewing her ass for not giving me what I had already paid for (I had gotten it with a ticket). I wanted to slap the weave off of her head, Hong Kong Fuey style.[/quote]

Wow, didn't know I had a fellow CAG'r in Montgomery. No wonder I gotta move so fast to get in on deals. Well, here's a heads up for you - the Eastchase EB doesn't seem to be abiding by the exclusion list on the trade-in deal. I took in Spawn, Wolverine, Primal, MTG: Battlegrounds and MDK2 tonight & walked out w/ a $50 slip for Iron Phoenix. I know MDK2 & Primal had to be exclusions.

BTW....you didn't happen to tell someone in TRU this afternoon about Beyond Good & Evil (xbox) being $2 did you? ;)[/quote]

Holy shit man, I'll have to check out Eastchase then. The Atlanta Highway EB does do the exclusion list, but I tend to go in there because the staff is kinda cool and bitter about fanboys. Dothan was a bust today, as many of the green tag games had been repriced. I did manage to pull off a Red Faction II, Front Mission 3, Chocobo Racing, and Godzilla Xbox from there. I don't know if I told anybody about B G&E being 2 bucks, but it wouldn't surprise me because I do preach about the game. After this TRU thing, my typical alcoholism, and date to Sinclairs in Old Cloverdale last night, I'm starting to run out of cash.

These are not mine, but I just picked up for my friend:

Homeworl 2,
Two Sid Meir games ( I think they are Gettysburg and SimGolf)
Some kid PC games
and GTA2.

Since it seems like everyone's TRUs have Primal on PS2. I traded one in at FYE and it yielded a surprising $10 in merch cred. Not too shabby for $1.50. :)

My TRU haul for the week:

RAD
Onimusha
Sphinx
Black and Bruised
Street Fighter EX 3
Virtua Fighter 4: EVO
Dino Crisis 3
Silpheed
Virtua Tennis (GBA)
Parappa the Rappa 2
Shinobi
Extermination
all for only $28... not too bad

Ended up with 3 copies of Carrier ($1.80 each), a Prince of Persia SOT Demo Disk for PS2 ($0.50), an aluminum baseball bat ($1.25), an Anakin Racer Star Wars EP 1 Mouse Pad ($0.40), a talking Incredible Hulk bobblehead ($1.00), and Backyard Wrestling ($2.00).

Also bought an extra copy of Backyard Wrestling and R:Racing for Gamecube, went to the mall across the street, traded them in at EB, and got Soul Calibur 2 Xbox with the credit. :)

[quote name='mmn']Ended up with 3 copies of Carrier ($1.80 each), a Prince of Persia SOT Demo Disk for PS2 ($0.50), an aluminum baseball bat ($1.25), an Anakin Racer Star Wars EP 1 Mouse Pad ($0.40), a talking Incredible Hulk bobblehead ($1.00), and Backyard Wrestling ($2.00).

Also bought an extra copy of Backyard Wrestling and R:Racing for Gamecube, went to the mall across the street, traded them in at EB, and got Soul Calibur 2 Xbox with the credit. :)[/quote]

Which TRU did you go to in town? Also, is there anything left there?

[quote name='hiccupleftovers'][quote name='mmn']Ended up with 3 copies of Carrier ($1.80 each), a Prince of Persia SOT Demo Disk for PS2 ($0.50), an aluminum baseball bat ($1.25), an Anakin Racer Star Wars EP 1 Mouse Pad ($0.40), a talking Incredible Hulk bobblehead ($1.00), and Backyard Wrestling ($2.00).

Also bought an extra copy of Backyard Wrestling and R:Racing for Gamecube, went to the mall across the street, traded them in at EB, and got Soul Calibur 2 Xbox with the credit. :)[/quote]

Which TRU did you go to in town? Also, is there anything left there?[/quote]

I went to 2 TRUs in Vegas. The one by Meadows Mall was pretty wiped out - I got the last Backyard Wrestling there. They have nothing worth mentioning except maybe a PS2 Optical Audio Cable for $1.

The TRU towards UNLV had some stuff - that's where I found the baseball bat and the talking Hulk bobblehead. They have some games, but not much - I remember seeing a lot of PS2 vertical stands, 3 copies of Backyard Wrestling (Xbox), and a few Carriers (Dreamcast). They also had some odds and ends like Printer Paper for the Gameboy Printer and an extra power block for N64s.

Good luck.

[quote name='mmn'][quote name='hiccupleftovers'][quote name='mmn']Ended up with 3 copies of Carrier ($1.80 each), a Prince of Persia SOT Demo Disk for PS2 ($0.50), an aluminum baseball bat ($1.25), an Anakin Racer Star Wars EP 1 Mouse Pad ($0.40), a talking Incredible Hulk bobblehead ($1.00), and Backyard Wrestling ($2.00).

Which TRU did you go to in town? Also, is there anything left there?[/quote]

I went to 2 TRUs in Vegas. The one by Meadows Mall was pretty wiped out - I got the last Backyard Wrestling there. They have nothing worth mentioning except maybe a PS2 Optical Audio Cable for $1.

The TRU towards UNLV had some stuff - that's where I found the baseball bat and the talking Hulk bobblehead. They have some games, but not much - I remember seeing a lot of PS2 vertical stands, 3 copies of Backyard Wrestling (Xbox), and a few Carriers (Dreamcast). They also had some odds and ends like Printer Paper for the Gameboy Printer and an extra power block for N64s.

Good luck.[/quote]

Didn't go to the one near the Meadows but did go to the one near UNLV. ALl I saw there was Dreamcast sports games , some demos, and some guides (mostly crappy ones that were torn). I know that the lady at the counter there was being a real, umm b word I guess and acted rude to me whenever I asked her a question. I might go back there now to pick up some of those Printer Paper and a Backyard Wrestling and maybe a Carrier. Where were they located, in the bins over there on the wall like some of the GBA accessories.?

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Didn't go to the one near the Meadows but did go to the one near UNLV. ALl I saw there was Dreamcast sports games , some demos, and some guides (mostly crappy ones that were torn). I know that the lady at the counter there was being a real, umm b word I guess and acted rude to me whenever I asked her a question. I might go back there now to pick up some of those Printer Paper and a Backyard Wrestling and maybe a Carrier. Where were they located, in the bins over there on the wall like some of the GBA accessories.?[/quote]

Carriers were in a bin. There were 6 or 7 left when I was there.

The Backyard Wrestlings were in the bin in the video game section. I had to dig a bit but they were there.

I think the Gameboy Printer Paper was also in that area, but the bin was just outside the video game department.

You're right, that lady was a bitch. The one who looks like she's pushing 89 right? I asked her to scan a La Pucille Tactics for me and she goes "no green sticker, its not 90% off". I was the only one in the VG department, its not like she had some massive line. Stupid lazy old clerks.

[quote name='mmn'][quote name='hiccupleftovers']Didn't go to the one near the Meadows but did go to the one near UNLV. ALl I saw there was Dreamcast sports games , some demos, and some guides (mostly crappy ones that were torn). I know that the lady at the counter there was being a real, umm b word I guess and acted rude to me whenever I asked her a question. I might go back there now to pick up some of those Printer Paper and a Backyard Wrestling and maybe a Carrier. Where were they located, in the bins over there on the wall like some of the GBA accessories.?[/quote]

Carriers were in a bin. There were 6 or 7 left when I was there.

The Backyard Wrestlings were in the bin in the video game section. I had to dig a bit but they were there.

I think the Gameboy Printer Paper was also in that area, but the bin was just outside the video game department.

You're right, that lady was a bitch. The one who looks like she's pushing 89 right? I asked her to scan a La Pucille Tactics for me and she goes "no green sticker, its not 90% off". I was the only one in the VG department, its not like she had some massive line. Stupid lazy old clerks.[/quote]

Yup, you got the right one man. The old wrinkly one that shouldn't even be running the Game department of a store. The other one was alright to me though. This one just didn't want even to look at the case behind her for one of the games that has been reported by a lot of people. So after having to deal with her I was like shaq-fu it, it's just not worth dealing with this place and just left and went to another better TRU.

I'm sick and tire of my TRU. They only have Eternal Darkness GC for $5, Mary-Kate & Ashley Sweet 16 GC for $1.50, Tao Feng Xbox for $2 and Universal Studio GC for $3. I asked the girl cashier there tonight about the 90% off green tag list and she said there is none. I asked her to scan the games on the list here for me and she said they are not on the 90% off sale. I guess she either don't know what she is doing or she just don't like me.

Not that I mind people selling games for a profit on eBay (what would the point be if you didn't make a profit), but leaving the sticker on and saying that one bought it at that price seems a little low...
ED on eBay

[quote name='oleander']Not that I mind people selling games for a profit on eBay (what would the point be if you didn't make a profit), but leaving the sticker on and saying that one bought it at that price seems a little low...
ED on eBay[/quote]

lol. what an ass.

[quote name='2poor'][quote name='oleander']Not that I mind people selling games for a profit on eBay (what would the point be if you didn't make a profit), but leaving the sticker on and saying that one bought it at that price seems a little low...
ED on eBay[/quote]

lol. what an ass.[/quote]

I got mine at 70% off, saw 3 copies of this left at 90% off at the TRU i visited and i decided not to buy it.
Figured I would give someone else a chance to score this game... Hopefully those 3 copies do not go up on ebay like this.

lol, I finally got a $3 off my next purchase receipt at TRU, and I dialed the number.. when it got to the part where they said if I was over / under 18 or not, I pressed 2, or no.
The response was that I wasn't elgible, and I got a goodbye message.

So I did what a smartass would do, and redial, but they said the access code interview thingy was already completed. Argh!!1 :evil:

[quote name='yogi99']I'm sick and tire of my TRU. They only have Eternal Darkness GC for $5, Mary-Kate & Ashley Sweet 16 GC for $1.50, Tao Feng Xbox for $2 and Universal Studio GC for $3. I asked the girl cashier there tonight about the 90% off green tag list and she said there is none. I asked her to scan the games on the list here for me and she said they are not on the 90% off sale. I guess she either don't know what she is doing or she just don't like me.[/quote]

The latter three games you listed are very worthwhile if you take them to EB thanks to the $10 bonus for each pair of trade-ins. Many of us are scoring a PSP for under $100 this way.

[quote name='epobirs'][quote name='yogi99']I'm sick and tire of my TRU. They only have Eternal Darkness GC for $5, Mary-Kate & Ashley Sweet 16 GC for $1.50, Tao Feng Xbox for $2 and Universal Studio GC for $3. I asked the girl cashier there tonight about the 90% off green tag list and she said there is none. I asked her to scan the games on the list here for me and she said they are not on the 90% off sale. I guess she either don't know what she is doing or she just don't like me.[/quote]

The latter three games you listed are very worthwhile if you take them to EB thanks to the $10 bonus for each pair of trade-ins. Many of us are scoring a PSP for under $100 this way.[/quote]

man i wish my TRU had those games he mentioned.

I wish someone here would actually trade or give me Tao Feng and Backyard Wrestling. Those are two games I wanted that neither of my local TRUs had.

[quote name='gamefreak117']lol, I finally got a $3 off my next purchase receipt at TRU, and I dialed the number.. when it got to the part where they said if I was over / under 18 or not, I pressed 2, or no.
The response was that I wasn't elgible, and I got a goodbye message.

So I did what a smartass would do, and redial, but they said the access code interview thingy was already completed. Argh!!1 :evil:[/quote]

I can give you the coupon code if you PM me.

HI zon27.
i got same problam today...
"gamefreak117 wrote:
lol, I finally got a $3 off my next purchase receipt at TRU, and I dialed the number.. when it got to the part where they said if I was over / under 18 or not, I pressed 2, or no.
The response was that I wasn't elgible, and I got a goodbye message"
How can i get coupon code..?? please help me...
also i sent u PM...please...

[quote name='Timothyx']so when is this 90%-off over? Today (Sun, 13th)?[/quote]

There is no time table for it's end. They originally said that Dec 31 would be the last day...but none of the stores had gotten rid of everything yet...so it continues. I'm sure it'll continue until all stores are sell through their green tagged items.

[quote name='Zon27'][quote name='Timothyx']so when is this 90%-off over? Today (Sun, 13th)?[/quote]

There is not time table for it's end. They originally said that Dec 31 would be the last day...but none of the stores had gotten rid of everything yet...so it continues. I'm sure it'll continue until all stores are sell through their green tagged items.[/quote]

awesome. the hunt continues. thank you.

Can anyone CONFIRM that these two Xbox games are green tag:

Deus Ex invisible war
Star Wars Jedi Outcast (not Academy)

I ask because I think I saw Deus Ex mentioned in this thread, but I had it rung up and the clerk didn't think it was a green tag. I have no idea if Jedi Outcast is, but I just remember seeing it and forgot to have that one scanned.

I went to the TRU in Daly City, CA and everything was pretty much picked. All that was left were sports games, a few GBA kits, and strategy guides.

Checked out San Jose, CA today. Just a bunch of 2003 sports titles left. My best score these past two days has been PS2 Castlevania for $2.98

[quote name='Zon27']A few more stops...

Monrovia, CA
PS2:
Wild Arms 3 $3 (last one)
Jak and Dexter $2 (a few left, remember the one with the sticker over the upc)
Dark Angel $2 (one left)

XB:
Stake Fortune Fighters $2 (last one)

DC:
Reel Fishing Wild

they had tons of the dc sports pack, tons of pennied guides and free guides (manhunt, max payne 2, rainbow six 3, enter the matrix)

Covina, CA (I think this was the Azusa store)

GBA: BEST SCORE YET...
Bomberman Max 2 Red Advance $3 (I was like wtf, that has to be gt)
Sled Storm $1[/quote]

Wow, you hit more stores than I did. I must be getting old. In the old days when all consoles used cartridges I knew by memory the location of every SoCal TRU from San Diego to Bakersfield.

Of well, $400 of EB store credit for $100 outlay (plus 4% rebate from TRU Visa card) will have to suffice. I can't keep up with the kids anymore.

[quote name='dinovelvet']Can anyone CONFIRM that these two Xbox games are green tag:

Deus Ex invisible war
Star Wars Jedi Outcast (not Academy)

I ask because I think I saw Deus Ex mentioned in this thread, but I had it rung up and the clerk didn't think it was a green tag. I have no idea if Jedi Outcast is, but I just remember seeing it and forgot to have that one scanned.[/quote]

If the word PROMO appears on the register price display it is part of the sale and should reflect the dicount when the purchase is totaled.

[quote name='Zon27'][quote name='Timothyx']so when is this 90%-off over? Today (Sun, 13th)?[/quote]

There is not time table for it's end. They originally said that Dec 31 would be the last day...but none of the stores had gotten rid of everything yet...so it continues. I'm sure it'll continue until all stores are sell through their green tagged items.[/quote]
When you scan stuff under the self scanners it says "valid to 12/31/2005".... or something to that effect.

[quote name='Chris in Cali'][quote name='foinecrewx']Anyone got anything from S. California TRU ? So far I havnt seen anything good at TRU near by ...... =([/quote]

Nada, I've been to Woodland Hills, Thousand Oaks, and Ventura Toys R Us's. Than again so cal is huge, and you might not even live by those stores. My friend in Bakersfield said there's a lot of stuff there.[/quote]

You never know what might trickle out over time. I hit the Woodland Hills store on Friday and found a handful of good items in the EB sense, which is to say they were horrible crap that was only suitable for the trade-in deal. I had some business in the area on Saturday and stopped in just to check and found three Jam PAcks for 79 cents each that turned into $15.75 worth of credit at EB.

They were behind a bunch of the current full price Jam Pack but something made me look. Glad I did. I had a single Olsen Twins GC game left, so I took all four to the EB over on Platt and was soon well rewarded for checking the same store again.

[quote name='Supernothing'][quote name='Zon27'][quote name='Timothyx']so when is this 90%-off over? Today (Sun, 13th)?[/quote]

When you scan stuff under the self scanners it says "valid to 12/31/2005".... or something to that effect.[/quote]

So the sale has a greater duration than the company. Hmm...

[quote name='gizmogc']Just a heads up...In Southern California the Thousand Oaks and Porter Ranch store are pretty much cleaned out. I managed to grab some games, but someone else did as well. Left were some Virtua Tennis and Space Invaders for GBA[/quote]

IIRC the only thing really good at Porter Ranch when I was there was a big pile of the Olsen Twins game for GC. Good solely in the EB trade-in sense. Which is exactly what I did with them. I suspect someone who wasn't aware of that potential had swept though earlier.

[quote name='Zon27']No TRU I've been too in my adult life has the ticket system anymore. Some outdated places still have it but they are quite rare.

[/quote]

It's making a limited comeback in some places. I've noticed a few stores have the top selling GBA titles on the ticket system. Must be some shrinkage issues in those locations.

Went to the TRU in Bay Plaza in the Bronx yesterday and picked up some music CDs for 1.69 each. Lifehouse, Alien Ant Farm, Kid Rock and Bare Naked Ladies greatest hits. Also picked up the Sega Sports Pack for the DC (All 3 2k1 games for 1.20). Everything else was picked clean.

[quote name='"centraldogmae"'][quote name='CoffeeEdge']Every single one of you buying more than one copy of anything deserve to have hot coals shoved down your throats.quote]

Screw that, I got PSP for $50 (multiple $1 game trade-ins), Kessen III and DMC3 for $10 each, Tekken 5 for $7 (half were jam packs), Digital Devil LE for $15, Phantom Dust for $4, and Xenosaga II w/preorder for $5 (jam packs again) and this was all because I bought 10 copies of every stupid dollar game i could get.

So lets see i got $530 worth of games for about $100 after tax. Try and beat them apples.[/quote]

you smart with money. what games did you trade in Exactly im gonna follow you and save money. did anyon else do something like what centraldogmae did. if so what did you trade in to ebgames

Went to the Stonebriar TRU in Frisco TX yesterday. They literally had NOTHING left except three copies of Tomb Raider for NGage. Not even any old sports titles. Oh well. I got a bunch of stuff in Dec so I can't complain too much.

WARNING:WATCH OUT FOR PIECE OF SHIT TRU CASHIERS!!!!!

This has been mentioned but i was a victim of this & now i need to make further confirmation.
When you take games to get priced scanned MAKE SURE you look at the register and if the word "promo" pops up then it's apart of the 90%off sale.

When this sale 1st started i went to a TRU with a stack of games that i saw by reading the posts in here and every single game the cashier told me was regular price.

So like many of my fellow CAG's i went back to the same store again this time knowing about the "Promo" icon that pops up and i take the same games to the register and low and behold ALL OF THE GAMES WERE 90% off!!!

That cocksucking ho delibrately told me they weren't on sale when they were.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back