90% off Green Tagged Items at TRU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Death2Sanity

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
This just came in on the intranet this afternoon. Starting tomorrow (2-9), all green tagged items will now be reduced 90%.

Odds are, there isn't much good stuff left...but what IS left will be $1-4, so some of that junk might be worth looking into.

My TRU had alot of cheap games, but I'm going to maybe call EBGames and find out if they are doing the $10 credit thing to be 100% positive.

What's the limit on the # of games you can trade in to them at EB?

[quote name='mean100000']hi guys - does anyone know if Final fantasy tactics for ps1 is a green tag for tommorow? thanks.[/quote]

No, that's never been green tagged.

[quote name='Zon27'][quote name='mean100000']hi guys - does anyone know if Final fantasy tactics for ps1 is a green tag for tommorow? thanks.[/quote]

No, that's never been green tagged.[/quote]

It was Green tagged before 75% hit the fan. They put it back to $15 after that.

I'll go tomorrow and hope they have some stuff. The one TRU I got a bunch of Parasite Eve 2 books this week for $1.11 had a ton of Eternal Darkness.

Will this go active on the online site also? They have those currently at 70% off.

I hope my TRU has one of these: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...103-7322036-8522269?v=glance&s=toys&n=1049424

Anyhow.. here is the TRU outlet green tag page for video games: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/feature/-/552924/ref=amb_right-1_164121_4/103-7322036-8522269

Hrm.. Silent Hill 4 and MGS Twin Snakes is on their. =D

[quote name='masha'][quote name='Zon27'][quote name='mean100000']hi guys - does anyone know if Final fantasy tactics for ps1 is a green tag for tommorow? thanks.[/quote]

No, that's never been green tagged.[/quote]

It was Green tagged before 75% hit the fan. They put it back to $15 after that.[/quote]

It was never tagged at my store, I would have known and would have gotten atleast a few.

[quote name='Grave_Addiction']I believe 10 a.m.[/quote]

I thought it was 9 or 10.

looks like I am going to have to go in the afternoon

I'm just going to be taking an extremely early lunch tomorrow. I gotta get in on this one.

The only decent things I think my TRU has green tagged are a bunch of DC games, some PS1 accessories and a few PS2 things.

Is there any chance of getting the Xbox bundle listed in the green tag list, or is that basically gone in every TRU? Cause that would be like 30 bucks...

This might be sweet... But my TRU puts all the green tag stuff on a self with big signs all over, so all the good stuff is gone before I can make it to the store.

i don't want to be one of those people, but are we 100% sure that this is happening? i'm going to have to wake up early so i can head to TRU before i have to go to work. i mean, even if we can't be 100% sure, i'm sure that i'll still make the trip there anyways, but it would be nice to not have that feeling in the back of my mind that i could be wasting my time.

EDIT: nevermind. i guess i missed some of the previous posts in this thread, specifically this:

[quote name='Death2Sanity']It's all TRUs. The green-tag percentages applies to all stores. It came in over our business' intranet.[/quote]

It seemed like I was the only one who ever bought from any of the 70% bins, so the stuff should still be there, and if I go tomorrow night, I'd expect most of it to be there as well.

lol, paying off the PSP would be kickass with this. I don't think I can do that though, don't have enough games to trade away. I plan on trying to get Mad Maestro and Mojo, two games that would be $1 after the discount. And I can buy from other systems as well...sweet.

Does this sound like it's worth a trip?
Gran Turismo 2 will be $1.50
NHL 2K2 for DC will be $2.00
Intec PS2/system selector w/ dvd remote, multitap, and hookups for 6 systems will be $3.00
Intec Xbox 2D speaker systems will be $8.00

Everything else is gone!

Hot damn! That is awesome! I know my TRU has a ton of e-Readers and PS-one screens. The game selection is near dead though, though last time I was there I scored a sealed copy of Gallop Racer 2003 that wasn't there before, so I guess you never know.

Thanks a ton for the heads up! ^_^

[quote name='YoshiFan1']Actually Gran Turismo 2 should be $0.70. The shelf tag might say $15 but I believe it is green tagged at $6.99[/quote]

They have had 1 copy here for about 2 months and it has always had a $14.95 green tag on it. Maybe it will scan lower?

[quote name='YoshiFan1']Actually Gran Turismo 2 should be $0.70. The shelf tag might say $15 but I believe it is green tagged at $6.99[/quote]

Depends on which one you get...there are two skns for GT2...it's kinda annoying. One without the stickers covering up the barcode is $14.99...the SVG distributed one (one with stickers over the barcodes) was priced $4.98 at my store.

Thank you SO much, OP! I'll head out tomorrow and see what I can get.

I mostly want trade-in fodder for EB for Star Fox Assault and maybe Donkey Konga. Regardless, I'll check it out!

[quote name='jbroush99']Does this sound like it's worth a trip?
Intec PS2/system selector w/ dvd remote, multitap, and hookups for 6 systems will be $3.00

Everything else is gone![/quote]

wait so thats a system selector for $3? would you mind picking me up one if there are any extras?

Im going to get around 10 games for trade in tomorrow, hopefully they will take that many. Well Im going with a friend so he can trade in as well.

[quote name='fashoinfightpause'][quote name='jbroush99']Does this sound like it's worth a trip?

Everything else is gone![/quote]

wait so thats a system selector for $3? would you mind picking me up one if there are any extras?[/quote]

one quatsion about the item above mentioned: does the system selector support digital optical input?

Just got back from my local TRU..

Some hilights I saw was the GBA Accessory Pack thing, which cost $9.99. Includes the car adaptor, ac adapter, magnifier, and I think link cable. On the other hand, I saw a $3.99 green tagged gba link cable thing.

For games, I saw only a copy of Eternal Darkness, and around 5-10 Primals. There were a lot of Jak's (the first one), Agressive Inline, and others were all 2002 - 2003 old sports games, except for a few puzzle games like Mojo. Also I was standing by employees, who said to another employee while clearing out the games that didn't belong in the green tag shelf talked about the 90% sale which starts tomorrow.

Damn, here in Cali., we got the +$6 "charge" on screens over "5. :(
So is the PS1 Screen green tagged? I haven't checked earlier, if there was any in stock, and I forgot to. It could add up to $11+ sales tax for me ($43.99*.9 = $4.40+$6)

sorry, but ive never gone to toys r us for green tag sale, so i just wanted to make sure i understood it correctly. a certain list of games (varies by store, but all stores have it) will be 90% for tomorrow? if a game is on the list that is normally $20 (before 50% off) , i can get it for $2, $10 for $1, etc. am i understanding this correctly? thanks for the help. also, if TOYS r us sells gameboy advance for 35 after 50% off, does this mean that i can pick them up for 7 bucks a piece after 90% off is factored in?

Are any toys or anything green tagged, too? I may look for some NBA McFarlane stuff or something, if games/electronics are only around, then I'll just get around 10 (or less probably) games, for me, friends, and for EB trade-ins.

[quote name='gamefreak117']Just got back from my local TRU..

Some hilights I saw was the GBA Accessory Pack thing, which cost $9.99. Includes the car adaptor, ac adapter, magnifier, and I think link cable. On the other hand, I saw a $3.99 green tagged gba link cable thing.

For games, I saw only a copy of Eternal Darkness, and around 5-10 Primals. There were a lot of Jak's (the first one), Agressive Inline, and others were all 2002 - 2003 old sports games, except for a few puzzle games like Mojo. Also I was standing by employees, who said to another employee while clearing out the games that didn't belong in the green tag shelf talked about the 90% sale which starts tomorrow.

Damn, here in Cali., we got the +$6 "charge" on screens over "5. :(
So is the PS1 Screen green tagged? I haven't checked earlier, if there was any in stock, and I forgot to. It could add up to $11+ sales tax for me ($43.99*.9 = $4.40+$6)[/quote]

The screens are clearanced, not green tagged.

[quote name='spin03']sorry, but ive never gone to toys r us for green tag sale, so i just wanted to make sure i understood it correctly. a certain list of games (varies by store, but all stores have it) will be 90% for tomorrow? if a game is on the list that is normally $20 (before 50% off) , i can get it for $2, $10 for $1, etc. am i understanding this correctly? thanks for the help. also, if TOYS r us sells gameboy advance for 35 after 50% off, does this mean that i can pick them up for 7 bucks a piece after 90% off is factored in?[/quote]

ok it's like this:

You look at store items, find something marked with a green pricetag. The price on the pricetag is what you take the 90% off of... not the original price. My TRU is loaded with these items :)

anyone know if this also applies to actual toys? i am considering picking up some crappy action figures to rip apart and use to make custom figures.

When you go to you're TRU, you should see a bin or a table of the games with green tags. That means it's 90% off whatever the price on the green tag is. Look around the rest of the game area for the ps1 and gb accessories and games.

holy shnikes! I think my toys r' us has a couple $9.99 green tag items left. If I could get my hands on 4 or so I'd be a very happy boy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back