90% off Green Tagged Items at TRU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Death2Sanity

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
This just came in on the intranet this afternoon. Starting tomorrow (2-9), all green tagged items will now be reduced 90%.

Odds are, there isn't much good stuff left...but what IS left will be $1-4, so some of that junk might be worth looking into.

damn. i need to go to my toys r us. ill try to find around 4 games from this gen for under 2 bucks a piece. ill trade them into gamerush, preorder 2 games for 35, and get around 5 bucks a piece on trade in. NICE

[quote name='Shayde']Oh shit...there are like 5 Xbox Intec screens at my TRU....$15 for a Xbox screen~!

SWEET![/quote]

Remember, the 5.4" intec screen is green tagged. The 7.2 Intec is regular price.

[quote name='alfonsosoriano']I guess if it has a green tag, it's 90% off.[/quote]

watchout though, some items have a "green tag" on it that can be mistaken for the pricetag since their almost the same color. Make sure it has a price listed on it so you know it's "green tagged 90%".

thanks for the correction*

[quote name='Zon27'][quote name='Shayde']Oh shit...there are like 5 Xbox Intec screens at my TRU....$15 for a Xbox screen~!

SWEET![/quote]

Remember, the 5.4" intec screen is green tagged. The 7.2 Intec is regular price.[/quote]

just to make sure, is it 5.6" or 5.4"?

pr-Intec_XBox_Mobile_Monitor-resized200.jpg

B00006DY1K.16._AA260_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

thanks in advanced!

Damnit, why must I have only $9 in my wallet? I've been to TRU about 2 weeks ago, and I didn't notice any games with green tags. I'll have to take a ride there before I have to work at 12. I hope I find some good stuff.

[quote name='Kayden']are GBA games covered for the 2 for 10 trade in? or is it just gc, xb, ps2?[/quote]

Nope. Only GCN, Xbox, and PS2.

I may be able to score big on this. My TRU uses the slip system and none on the little display things showing the game are green-tagged (I looked last Saturday). Still, I picked up a DDR Ultramix bundle there during the summer for 50% off after they scanned it. I'll take a list with me the next time I go and see what I can do.

[quote name='gamefreak117']thanks for the correction*

[quote name='Zon27'][quote name='Shayde']Oh shit...there are like 5 Xbox Intec screens at my TRU....$15 for a Xbox screen~!

SWEET![/quote]

Remember, the 5.4" intec screen is green tagged. The 7.2 Intec is regular price.[/quote]

just to make sure, is it 5.6" or 5.4"?

pr-Intec_XBox_Mobile_Monitor-resized200.jpg

B00006DY1K.16._AA260_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

thanks in advanced![/quote]

Yeah, whatever, 5 point something. We haven't had them in a long time, which makes me sad...

Man, this looks like a job for the $70 in TRU store credit I've been sitting on. How many copies of the same game did we figure EB will take as part of the trade-in? :twisted:

Everybody make sure to pick up a couple copies of perfect dark and the dreamcast sports 3 pack. They need good homes too. They has been there for years.

2 Weeks ago I went to TRU and mostly they have sports and games I never even heard of that were green tagged. Hopefully they added some more and maybe some games that wasn't green tagged before. Like none of the XIII and ED were green tagged at my stores.

Hmm I just went to my TRU to check out the green tagged items. They were pretty much cleaned out, but the slim pickings that remained were all priced at 70% off.

XIII wasn't green tagged at my store either, but was only $3.00. I already have it though. Maybe I'll pick that up to trade into EB as well. Love this deal.

[quote name='alfonsosoriano']Yeah, I've seen DC games at all three of my TRU, mostly all sports games, with the exception of Carrier.[/quote]

How is Carrier... I've seen it but never been compelled to pick it up.

I picked up Quake III Arena there too last week... I'm not sure it's worth the trouble of a price adjustment though.

[quote name='darkje']I bought a 5.6 for $42 like 2 weeks ago, do you think I could price adjust?[/quote]

Most places have a 30 day guarantee if you still have the reciept rule

[quote name='joeposh'][quote name='alfonsosoriano']Yeah, I've seen DC games at all three of my TRU, mostly all sports games, with the exception of Carrier.[/quote]

How is Carrier... I've seen it but never been compelled to pick it up.

I picked up Quake III Arena there too last week... I'm not sure it's worth the trouble of a price adjustment though.[/quote]

Carrier is like a poor man's Resident Evil. Not the worst game of all time, but certainly nowhere near good. If you can get it for a buck, you might as well, but anything more than that and its just not worth it imho

[quote name='alfonsosoriano']XIII wasn't green tagged at my store either, but was only $3.00. I already have it though. Maybe I'll pick that up to trade into EB as well. Love this deal.[/quote]

uhm, forgive me if I missed something but Doesn't the exclusion list still apply?

(I know the website doesn't say "qualifying" for those offers but I thought it still applied).

[quote name='era5000']Hmm I just went to my TRU to check out the green tagged items. They were pretty much cleaned out, but the slim pickings that remained were all priced at 70% off.[/quote]

As I said in the original post...it starts ~tomorrow~

[quote name='Zon27'][quote name='alfonsosoriano']XIII wasn't green tagged at my store either, but was only $3.00. I already have it though. Maybe I'll pick that up to trade into EB as well. Love this deal.[/quote]

uhm, forgive me if I missed something but Doesn't the exclusion list still apply?

(I know the website doesn't say "qualifying" for those offers but I thought it still applied).[/quote]

No, only exclusion is sports games.

also, any word on getting price adjusts? Getting ~$7 back from the $10 I spent 2 weeks ago would be awesome.

[quote name='Zon27'][quote name='alfonsosoriano']XIII wasn't green tagged at my store either, but was only $3.00. I already have it though. Maybe I'll pick that up to trade into EB as well. Love this deal.[/quote]

(I know the website doesn't say "qualifying" for those offers but I thought it still applied).[/quote]

It says for the EBGames two for $10 bonus deal, NO SPORTS GAMES. Read the thead. People are trading in Jampacks, and getting the $10.

And I didn't get Carrier, because it was $20 - 70% which was about $6. I had already gotten other sports games. I need to get the NHL 2k2 game now.

holy hell. combined with the current eb trade-in deal this is the best deal in....a long time. after reading the first couple pages of this thread i hauled ass over to my closest TRU and hid some stuff and checked out their stock. if all goes according to plan, this should easily pay for PSP and a whole bunch more. insane. i was so jittery with great deal goodness walking out of TRU that i had to go inside a blockbuster and look at their crappy used games selection to calm me down.

[quote name='DenisDFat'][quote name='Zon27'][quote name='alfonsosoriano']XIII wasn't green tagged at my store either, but was only $3.00. I already have it though. Maybe I'll pick that up to trade into EB as well. Love this deal.[/quote]

No, only exclusion is sports games.

also, any word on getting price adjusts? Getting ~$7 back from the $10 I spent 2 weeks ago would be awesome.[/quote]

It's possible for the price adjust...but it's YMMV because the items are green tag clearance items, I'm sure they'll frown at you ATLEAST and probably won't adjust. No offense but if it was me at the service desk, I wouldn't adjust it cause lot of the green tag stuff is OOS, so you were lucky to get it at all.

[quote name='Death2Sanity']This just came in on the intranet this afternoon. Starting tomorrow (2-9), all green tagged items will now be reduced 90%.
[/quote]

Shit I thought you meant 2 PM to 9 PM at first. That wouldn't have turned out good...

Man I really hope my TRU has alot of $10 games that are green tagged. That would make for some great trade in cash! Only spending the $2, for $12 minimum.

[quote name='PusherRobot']Is this DEFINATE they'll be 90% cause i don't really wanna get up early and make the drive if its not? thanks :)[/quote]

If it's not official, then every Toys R Us in the nation has been fed falsified information. Like I said, came in over the company's intranet. Instructions on what to do about signage and everything.

[quote name='alfonsosoriano'][quote name='Zon27'][quote name='alfonsosoriano']XIII wasn't green tagged at my store either, but was only $3.00. I already have it though. Maybe I'll pick that up to trade into EB as well. Love this deal.[/quote]

It says for the EBGames two for $10 bonus deal, NO SPORTS GAMES. Read the thead. People are trading in Jampacks, and getting the $10.

And I didn't get Carrier, because it was $20 - 70% which was about $6. I had already gotten other sports games. I need to get the NHL 2k2 game now.[/quote]

Yeah I'm gonna try to pick up NHL 2k2 to round out my DC sports lineup... Are any of the other 2k2 games significantly different from the previous years incarnation? I mean... I bought the triple pack for like 3 bucks 2 weeks ago and even at a buck or two it seems silly to buy a game if it's essentially the same as the one I already have.

[quote name='Kayden']Do you guys open the games before you bring them to EB or not?[/quote]

My EB told me they're not supposed to take unopened games as trade-in, so you SHOULD open them. He took the game, but he opened it.

[quote name='Kayden']Do you guys open the games before you bring them to EB or not?[/quote]

YMMV. Some places want them opened, mainly becuase they are afraid you may have stolen the games if they are sealed. The EB I trade them in at doesn't really care.

Cool thanks for quick reply, so its been confirm as a national thing so then i guess i'll be getting up early..lol

Well, it's trading in used games, so I would guess you should open it.

The DC games I've collected from TRU so far are:

NCAA Football 2k2
WSB 2k2
NFL 2k2
Sega Bass Fishing
Tennis 2k2

NHL 2k2 would have been $6, so I decided to wait. They should still have that at my TRU.

I guess the same goes for me, I'll get up early and go check it out. If everything goes good, this will pay for my PSP ;)

What place do you guys prefer to trade to?
I live in Minneapolis and there are things all over.

I have 3 GameCrazys near me, 5 Gamestops and 2 EBs.

Well do you know about the EB deal? Go read that topic. If it's older games you are trading, go to EB, because you get the bonus $10 on two games. I've heard Gamestop gives better trade-in prices on newer games though. I don't know anything about Gamecrazy though, I don't have any of those.

[quote name='Death2Sanity'][quote name='PusherRobot']Is this DEFINATE they'll be 90% cause i don't really wanna get up early and make the drive if its not? thanks :)[/quote]

If it's not official, then every Toys R Us in the nation has been fed falsified information. Like I said, came in over the company's intranet. Instructions on what to do about signage and everything.[/quote]

lol...When I read that the first time, I thought you were making a joke or typo about the INTERNET. I didn't even realize TRU had an "intranet".

Also, how long will the EB trade in deal be going?

Finally, what other deals occasionally crop up revolving around trade in games. I may save my fodder if other deals interest me more. For example, isn't there sometimes a "trade in 4 games get___" deal? THANKS

[quote name='Kayden']I wish I had a GameRush... I want 99 cent 64 games :cry:[/quote]

N64 games aren't 99 cents, only the NES, SNES, Genesis, and DC games are 99 cents.

So, can you trade in Jampacks at EB for the 2 for $10 or are they on the exlcusion list?

I'm totally hitting up TRU tomorrow! :)

[quote name='Nephets'][quote name='Kayden']I wish I had a GameRush... I want 99 cent 64 games :cry:[/quote]

N64 games aren't 99 cents, only the NES, SNES, Genesis, and DC games are 99 cents.[/quote]

all the same... *dreams of 99 cent Chrono, EB, and FF6*

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back