90% off Green Tagged Items at TRU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Death2Sanity

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
This just came in on the intranet this afternoon. Starting tomorrow (2-9), all green tagged items will now be reduced 90%.

Odds are, there isn't much good stuff left...but what IS left will be $1-4, so some of that junk might be worth looking into.

I will probably end up going. I stayed home sick, but I need to go to the bank for my mom and will probably stop by TRU on the way home

[quote name='evilmax17']Planning on heading there on my lunch break. I pretty much got what I wanted last time, but we'll see what they have.[/quote]

Which TRU are you going to?

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I will probably end up going. I stayed home sick, but I need to go to the bank for my mom and will probably stop by TRU on the way home[/quote]

As if this so-called sickness wasn't planned. :wink:

Games to add to the list:

GBA Virtua Tennis (so I've been told, I didn't check this one personally yesterday)
PS2 Aggressive Inline (surprisingly good reviews over on GameRankings)

Don't forget PC games guys. A lot of people ignore the PC games at TRU, and there are quite a few green-tagged. Mafia, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, Atari 80-in-1...a lot of the jewel-cased games...

[quote name='Strider Turbulence'][quote name='evilmax17']Planning on heading there on my lunch break. I pretty much got what I wanted last time, but we'll see what they have.[/quote]

Which TRU are you going to?[/quote]

Shopper's World in Natick/Framingham at lunch.

Maybe the Peabody one after work if I'm feeling it.

Lol so leave some stuff for me :D

[quote name='Grave_Addiction'][quote name='CaseyRyback']I will probably end up going. I stayed home sick, but I need to go to the bank for my mom and will probably stop by TRU on the way home[/quote]

As if this so-called sickness wasn't planned. :wink:[/quote]

it wasn't

I threw up all of my breaktast right before I was going to leave for class

[quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='Grave_Addiction'][quote name='CaseyRyback']I will probably end up going. I stayed home sick, but I need to go to the bank for my mom and will probably stop by TRU on the way home[/quote]

it wasn't

I threw up all of my breaktast right before I was going to leave for class[/quote]

Mm, sounds like fun?

[quote name='evilmax17'][quote name='Strider Turbulence'][quote name='evilmax17']Planning on heading there on my lunch break. I pretty much got what I wanted last time, but we'll see what they have.[/quote]

Which TRU are you going to?[/quote]

Shopper's World in Natick/Framingham at lunch.

Maybe the Peabody one after work if I'm feeling it.

Lol so leave some stuff for me :D[/quote]

lol nah, that's too far out for me. I'm hitting up the Southbay and probably Alewife store since they had some green tag games and TONS of accessories.

[quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='Grave_Addiction'][quote name='CaseyRyback']I will probably end up going. I stayed home sick, but I need to go to the bank for my mom and will probably stop by TRU on the way home[/quote]

it wasn't

I threw up all of my breaktast right before I was going to leave for class[/quote]

Sounds like you have a bad case of the McNabbs. I suggest some Campbell's Thick and Chunky soup.

I am going at lunchtime too, my toysrus still had some decent titles as of yesterday. I am hoping that someone does not clean them out before I get there

[quote name='Grave_Addiction'][quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='Grave_Addiction'][quote name='CaseyRyback']I will probably end up going. I stayed home sick, but I need to go to the bank for my mom and will probably stop by TRU on the way home[/quote]

it wasn't

Sounds like you have a bad case of the McNabbs. I suggest some Campbell's Thick and Chunky soup.[/quote]

don't tempt me. There is a can in the cabinet in the kitchen

Lucky for me, it's my day off. No need to call in sick or sneak away from work. Hopefully there will still be something left when I get there!

Is there a difference between games that have a green round sticker on it and games that have a pricetag that is green?

[quote name='munch']Is there a difference between games that have a green round sticker on it and games that have a pricetag that is green?[/quote]

AFAIK, the green price tag is the 'green tag' everyone refers to. At least, it always has been in my experience.

So, no, I don't think there's a difference.

can we PLEASE have some sort of confirmation of any sort? where are all the people from the west coast who already hit this deal up? i just want to be absolutely sure all my excitement isn't for nothing.

[quote name='rocksolidaudio']can we PLEASE have some sort of confirmation of any sort? where are all the people from the west coast who already hit this deal up? i just want to be absolutely sure all my excitement isn't for nothing.[/quote]

Uhh, if I know my timezones correctly, then we at the east coast get it first.

And they're all currently at the stores. Be patient. TRU has only been open for 20 minutes.

[quote name='rocksolidaudio']can we PLEASE have some sort of confirmation of any sort? where are all the people from the west coast who already hit this deal up? i just want to be absolutely sure all my excitement isn't for nothing.[/quote]

So I'm not the only one sitting here refreshing the page every few minutes! ;)

[quote name='evilmax17'][quote name='rocksolidaudio']can we PLEASE have some sort of confirmation of any sort? where are all the people from the west coast who already hit this deal up? i just want to be absolutely sure all my excitement isn't for nothing.[/quote]

Uhh, if I know my timezones correctly, then we at the east coast get it first.

And they're all currently at the stores. Be patient. TRU has only been open for 20 minutes.[/quote]

sorry, it's early.

I am going to head up there right now.

Haha, the forums are being all non-responsive.. They must be getting a lot of traffic because of this...

rocksolidaudio, have you been to the TRU by Woodfield lately? Was there anything good left?

90% off is a go! I just came back with the DC sports bundle, Typing of the Dead, GTA2 for PS1, and Primal for PS2. A grand total of... $5.51. They barely had anything worth while, they had 1 Eternal Darkness for $3.50, but I already have it.

Wow wasnt expecting myself to be one of the first to confirm this but it is true. Here's my score :

GC Eternal Darkness 4.99 (3)
XB Gladiator 3.00
PS2 Freaky Flyers 1.50
GC Gladius 5.00
XB UFC Tapout 3.00 (2)
XB Syberia 2.00
PS2 Primal 1.50
Audiovox 5" LCD Monitor and Video Cassette Player
14.00 (2)

[quote name='c']Haha, the forums are being all non-responsive.. They must be getting a lot of traffic because of this...

rocksolidaudio, have you been to the TRU by Woodfield lately? Was there anything good left?[/quote]

don't think i've ever been to that one, but i just might check today :D

and thank god this is a go...

First report: Columbia, MD

Not a whole lot to choose from here. What I saw:
PSone carrying case $1
Virtua Tennis GBA $1
Primal PS2 $1.50
Gun Metal Xbox $4
Eternal Darkness GCN $5
UFC: Throwdown GCN $2
Mercedes Benz Racing Xbox $3
Zapper GCN $4

Also assorted GBA (non-SP) 3rd party accessory kits $1
Assorted PS2 3rd party controllers $2

Gladius $5? I cant believe I'm saying this but that seems expensive for 90% off, lol

I'm definitely hitting up TRU after class, which just ends right when TRU opens in the west

white plains, ny:

green tag sale sign in rzone still says 70% off, while the green tag sale signs in the rest of the store did say 90% off, but stuff in the rzone did scan as 90% off. there were a bunch of games without green stickers that were piled with the green tag stuff that did not scan as 90% off. i ended up only getting turok gc for $1.08 after tax.

Forgot to mention... nothing else really left @ the Melbourne store. ~10 copies of Eternal Darkness for the GC and 1 copy of Front Mission 3.

[quote name='soulwish2003']Picked up :

Front Mission 3 PS1
Galerians:Ash PS2
Dark Angel PS2
Dead To Rights GC
Alter Echo PS2 (2 copies)

all for $12.90[/quote]

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back