90% off Green Tagged Items at TRU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Death2Sanity

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
This just came in on the intranet this afternoon. Starting tomorrow (2-9), all green tagged items will now be reduced 90%.

Odds are, there isn't much good stuff left...but what IS left will be $1-4, so some of that junk might be worth looking into.

The item I recieved wasnt a portable dvd player for $14.00

The item is :

5'Lcd Monitor and Video Cassette Player.

It was located in the Video Game section in a glass case.

wow there are a lot of pages now...and I'm too lazy to look through all of them...so does anyone know if the black gbas are included? I'm guessing they aren't, but I figure it's worth asking about.

I picked up:

Primal (PS2) $1.50
Mummy Returns (Double pack) DVD+PS2 game $2.00
Ejay ClubWorld (PS2) $1.00
Virtua Tennis (GBA) $1.00
Spy Hunter (XBOX) $2.00
Eternal Darkness (GC) $5.00 !!! Needed a copy!
Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance (XBOX) $2.00
Music Maker (PS2) $1.00
XIII (XBOX) $1.29
Wreckless (XBOX) $2.00
Whiplash (XBOX) $2.00

I picked up a few extras for the EB games trade-in deal going on right now. THANK YOU TRU!!!

[quote name='evilmax17']*prepares for thread explosion*[/quote]

I'm actually curious. Exactly how does one prepare for a thread explosion?

[quote name='MaxBiaggi3'][quote name='evilmax17']*prepares for thread explosion*[/quote]

I'm actually curious. Exactly how does one prepare for a thread explosion?[/quote]

Well, I'm eating beef jerky and drinking Pepsi at work, but I'm sure that other people have their own ways.

No... no GBA discounts.

[quote name='oleander']wow there are a lot of pages now...and I'm too lazy to look through all of them...so does anyone know if the black gbas are included? I'm guessing they aren't, but I figure it's worth asking about.[/quote]

Just got back from the Carolina Place TRU in Charlotte, NC.

The two sales guys in the 'R Zone told me about the green tag sale.

I did manage to get 2 Gamecube games:

Eternal Darkness - $4.99
Baldur's Gate - Dark Alliance - $3.49

I also overheard one of the salesmen saying that last night, a local distributor came in and cleaned ou the place. So I guess I got lucky with what I found.

One other deal that was going on is all PS2, XBOX, and Gamecube $14.99 games are 2 for $20.

Well, I stopped in at another local area TRU. Here's what I got (all Gamecube):

Gladius - $4.99
Zapper - $3.99
Disney's Magical Mirror - $4.99
NHL 2K3 - $2.99 (My best find so far)

I don't have a PS2 but they had at least 10 surround sound units for the PS2, normally $79.99 on clearance for $7.99. Great price.

the roseville, michigan store doesn't have a whole lot, more clearance games than green tag games really. anyways, here's what i was able to get:

-devil may cry - $2
-perfect dark - $1
-virtua tennis 2k2 - $1
-soul calibur 2 limited edition guide w/ soundtrack - $2.50

there was a ton of sega sports dreamcast games, and a bunch of some driving game that i don't remember for ps2. they still had mojo! on the value games racks, as was GTA 1.

there wasn't really much else to speak of on clearance in the store. they moved nearly all the non-game green tag items to the right side of the store, right next to where you walk in.

thinking back, i probably should have picked up some more stuff just for the heck of it, but whatever, it's not a big deal. i just want to know what happened to the loads of eternal darkness and primal games that had been sitting in the games section since forever.

also, the 90% off signs are up, so don't expect much of anything to be there very long.

[quote name='Wario64']Are TRU usually good at tagging all games? I dont want to bring piles of games and have them scan every game[/quote]

Exact problem I had, none of the scanners in the store worked. On top of that the deduction is made once the total button is hit.

I had about 10 games to check that isnt even counting the portable video cassette player.

A lil hassle but def worth it.

The PSP gets a lil closer each day.

tru2.jpg

[quote name='soulwish2003']No... no GBA discounts.

[quote name='oleander']wow there are a lot of pages now...and I'm too lazy to look through all of them...so does anyone know if the black gbas are included? I'm guessing they aren't, but I figure it's worth asking about.[/quote][/quote]

Really? I thought the original GBAs (not SPs) were green tagged. Oh well...

[quote name='oleander'][quote name='soulwish2003']No... no GBA discounts.

[quote name='oleander']wow there are a lot of pages now...and I'm too lazy to look through all of them...so does anyone know if the black gbas are included? I'm guessing they aren't, but I figure it's worth asking about.[/quote][/quote]

Really? I thought the original GBAs (not SPs) were green tagged. Oh well...[/quote]
According to this thread they are (including the black ones)...If you can find them at your store.

Edit:No go on the Black GBA's though.

[quote name='MaxBiaggi3'][quote name='evilmax17']*prepares for thread explosion*[/quote]

I'm actually curious. Exactly how does one prepare for a thread explosion?[/quote]

The following steps come to mind:
1) Don't eat anything gassy.
2) Keep all flammable items out of the way.
3) Keep a fire extinguisher nearby.

Just a few safety points.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']According to this thread they are (including the black ones)...If you can find them at your store.[/quote]

I HAVE TO PUT THIS TO REST...stop asking about $7 GBA's, they were all sold during the 50% sale. I'd be very surprised if anyone comes across one. And it's all colors EXCEPT the black ones...those are TRU exclusives and not part of the green tag clearance.

[quote name='thatstoobad']the roseville, michigan store doesn't have a whole lot, more clearance games than green tag games really. anyways, here's what i was able to get:

-devil may cry - $2
-perfect dark - $1
-virtua tennis 2k2 - $1
-soul calibur 2 limited edition guide w/ soundtrack - $2.50

there was a ton of sega sports dreamcast games, and a bunch of some driving game that i don't remember for ps2. they still had mojo! on the value games racks, as was GTA 1.

there wasn't really much else to speak of on clearance in the store. they moved nearly all the non-game green tag items to the right side of the store, right next to where you walk in.

thinking back, i probably should have picked up some more stuff just for the heck of it, but whatever, it's not a big deal. i just want to know what happened to the loads of eternal darkness and primal games that had been sitting in the games section since forever.

also, the 90% off signs are up, so don't expect much of anything to be there very long.[/quote]

Thanks....that was the store I was going to stop at on the way home....probably saved me a trip

[quote name='little_krampy'][quote name='Ugamer_X']According to this thread they are (including the black ones)...If you can find them at your store.[/quote]

I HAVE TO PUT THIS TO REST...stop asking about $7 GBA's, they were all sold during the 50% sale. I'd be very surprised if anyone comes across one. And it's all colors EXCEPT the black ones...those are TRU exclusives and not part of the green tag clearance.[/quote]

Have you checked every TRU in America? Dude, just chill, if he can find them at his store they will be part of this sale.

I made this list from one a I saw a couple pages back, and everything people have picked up so far to help me when I go out at lunch. I'm at work, so I won't have time to keep it updated. Someone else can pick up the baton and run with it if they want.

Edit: List wasn't accurate so I deleted the whole thing to avoid confusion.

My local TRU only had the old TRU-exclusive black GBA in stock, and it's still listing for around $70. Even the clerk said that you're better off spending the extra $10 and getting an SP.

Anyone heading out to the TRU in Times Square? I don't see this game on sale on the TRU website anymore, but i'm curious if it's been green tagged (since they don't tag them there)

but check out River City Ransom for GBA to see if it's a dirt cheap one, i remember seeing quite a few copies a few weeks ago.

I might head out there when i sneak out early from work, but i'm not sure if i want to waste a trip since i work out in LI, and have to take the LIRR home.. just to check that game.

but i know the TRU at Times Square has plenty of copies of Eternal Darkness, green tagged at 39.99.. last time i was there a week ago.

[quote name='kaw']I made this list from one a I saw a couple pages back, and everything people have picked up so far to help me when I go out at lunch. I'm at work, so I won't have time to keep it updated. Someone else can pick up the baton and run with it if they want.

XB Arcade Treasures
XB Kung Fu Chaos
XB Star Wars Starfighter Special Edition
XB Lord of the Rings Two Towers
XB SSX3
XB Rogue Ops
XB Gladiator 3.00
XB UFC Tapout 3.00
XB Mercedes Benz Racing
XB Syberia 2.00
XB Gun Metal 4.00

PS2 Alter Echo
PS2 R Racing Evolution
PS2 Spyro Enter the Dragonfly
PS2 Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution
PS2 Spy Hunter
PS2 Monster 4x4
PS2 Rayman Arena
PS2 Fairly Odd Parents
PS2 Quidditch Harry Potter
PS2 Ratchet and Clank
PS2 Freaky Flyers 1.50
PS2 Primal $1.50
PS2 Galerians: Ash
PS2 Dark Angel
PS2 Devil May Cry 2.00

GBA Cartoon Network Speedway
GBA Green Eggs and Ham
GBA Klonoa
GBA Ultimate Brain Games
GBA Virtua Tennis
GBA Dexter's Laboratory
GBA Powerpuff Girls advance

GC Disney PK Out of Shadows
GC Dead to Rights
GC Eternal Darkness 4.99
GC Gladius 5.00
GC Spy Hunter
GC Batman Vengeance
GC Mortal Kombat
GC Rocky
GC Defender
GC Medabots Infinity
GC True Crime
GC Godzilla DAMM
GC Quidditch Harry Potter
GC SSX3
GC Smuggler's Run 2
GC Monsters Inc.
GC Harry Potter Chamber of Secrets
GC Medal of Honor Frontline
GC Lord of the Rings Two Towers
GC Zapper 4.00
GC UFC: Throwdown $2
GC Baldur's Gate - Dark Alliance - $3.49
GC XIII 1.29

PS Marble Master
PS Sesame Street Sports
PS Front Mission 3

N64 Perfect Dark 1.00

DC Tennis 2k2 1.00

---
Pretty much all N64, DC, and some PS1
E-Reader games?
Black GBA?
Xbox S-video cables?[/quote]

Not all of the above games are green tagged. I can tell you that most of the Gamecube games listed above scanned at their regular price when I went this morning. They were part of the 2 for $20 deal, or $14.99 each.

i just came back from my tru and came away with 42 items, mostly games. i did pick up the pd2 3d surround sound system.

my total was: $657.65

i paid: $72.06 (including tax)

the ps screens were not on sale at my location and neither was lapucelle tactics. i am really frustrated that all the stores are not the same.

but i did make out like a bandit though.

good luck!

there was not much at mine, I did get:

Tekken 3 (.50)
Legend of Dragoon (1.50)
SEGA Bass Fishig (.50)
D2(2.50)

Zelda:WW guide, Prima (1.50)
SCII guide (.70)
Prince of Persia: SoT (1.50)
SOCOM II (1.50)
Fire Emblem , Prima (1.50)

and you know the sale is good when I start thinking about getting Britney's Dance Beat

[quote name='Ugamer_X']Have you checked every TRU in America? Dude, just chill, if he can find them at his store they will be part of this sale.[/quote]

Didn't mean to sound like a jerk...sorry. Just got sick of reading about how people were excited to go get a $7 GBA or a $30 Xbox bundle when there is about a 0.000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% chance that one is actually left. This sale DID start several months ago. This is still a sweet sale and I'm pumped to get to TRU and see what's left but seriously all I'm expecting to find are old a$$ games. But who can pass up a $1 to $4 game?

I got

XB Dark Angel $2
XB Buffy $3
PS2 Black & Bruised $3
PS2 Ejay Clubworld $1
XB Mace Griffin $2
PS2 Everquest Online Adventures $1.50
XB Group S Challenge $3
PS2 Primal $1.50
XB Exhibition demo disc $0.50
GC Universal Studios $3

So that's $21 spent for a hopeful $60 in EB trade-in value. Not exactly a grand slam (I was hoping for some cheaper games, and more non-duplicates). No other purchases -- very picked over, unless you wanted Van Helsing action figures. I've got to say, the TRUs in my area must perform better than at most places, because they have very little clearance stuff. The above is about half of all current-gen games they had available.

Can someone confirm whether GC Batman Vengeance is really an untagged green tag item, or whether it was simply mentioned in accordance with the other TRU 2 for $20 sale? Because I'll go back for that if it's really 90% off.

Casey, what system was the Sands of Time for? Or was that a guide?

Screwkick, thanks for answering my question about GC Batman.

[quote name='seanw']Casey, what system was the Sands of Time for? Or was that a guide?

Screwkick, thanks for answering my question about GC Batman.[/quote]

the bottom list I have are all guides. My store did not have all that many games

[quote name='notoriousxbox'][quote name='Wario64']Are TRU usually good at tagging all games? I dont want to bring piles of games and have them scan every game[/quote]

Exact problem I had, none of the scanners in the store worked. On top of that the deduction is made once the total button is hit.

I had about 10 games to check that isnt even counting the portable video cassette player.

A lil hassle but def worth it.

The PSP gets a lil closer each day.[/quote]

If you're idiot cashier knew how to work the register it would be easier...price reference + item info.

[quote name='little_krampy']But who can pass up a $1 to $4 game?[/quote]

You might actually be surprised at the number of jaded people here who regularly say that "you got ripped off paying $1 for that" or "I wouldn't play that is you paid me". Someone in this very thread stated he was waiting for the "100% off" reduction sale before picking up any of these games. YMMV.

if anyone picks up any good DC games they want to sell for cost plus shipping please tell me

I am specifically looking for Typing of the Dead

[quote name='MaxBiaggi3'][quote name='little_krampy']But who can pass up a $1 to $4 game?[/quote]

You might actually be surprised at the number of jaded people here who regularly say that "you got ripped off paying $1 for that" or "I wouldn't play that is you paid me". Someone in this very thread stated he was waiting for the "100% off" reduction sale before picking up any of these games. YMMV.[/quote]

well for $1-$5 you can always sell it back to others or stores for that same price if not a little more.

[quote name='seanw']I got

XB Dark Angel $2
XB Buffy $3
PS2 Black & Bruised $3
PS2 Ejay Clubworld $1
XB Mace Griffin $2
PS2 Everquest Online Adventures $1.50
XB Group S Challenge $3
PS2 Primal $1.50
XB Exhibition demo disc $0.50
GC Universal Studios $3

So that's $21 spent for a hopeful $60 in EB trade-in value. Not exactly a grand slam (I was hoping for some cheaper games, and more non-duplicates). No other purchases -- very picked over, unless you wanted Van Helsing action figures. I've got to say, the TRUs in my area must perform better than at most places, because they have very little clearance stuff. The above is about half of all current-gen games they had available.

Can someone confirm whether GC Batman Vengeance is really an untagged green tag item, or whether it was simply mentioned in accordance with the other TRU 2 for $20 sale? Because I'll go back for that if it's really 90% off.[/quote]

Some kid bought the GC Batman from my register yesterday...it's not tagged. It's part of the 2 for $20.

[quote name='tenzor'][quote name='MaxBiaggi3'][quote name='little_krampy']But who can pass up a $1 to $4 game?[/quote]

You might actually be surprised at the number of jaded people here who regularly say that "you got ripped off paying $1 for that" or "I wouldn't play that is you paid me". Someone in this very thread stated he was waiting for the "100% off" reduction sale before picking up any of these games. YMMV.[/quote]

well for $1-$5 you can always sell it back to others or stores for that same price if not a little more.[/quote]

Not as easy as it sounds especially with some of the green tag games, MAYBE if you bundle them up and sell on eBay. But then don't forget about shipping costs and listing fee.

I picked up a few good items
couple gcn 3rd party controllers for about 3.00 each
battery pack for gamecube (yes gamecube) 4.00
dreamcast sports pack 1.20 (3 games)
Terminator DOF 4.00
golf e-reader .20 (had almost all other games, but this was the only one there I didnt have)
PSone multitap 1.50
GTA2 1.50
Red Card 2002 GCN 4.00 (edit: actually was 2003)
Aluminum GBA case .70
Soviet Strike 2.00
Spyro YOD 1.50
Crash: Warped 1.50
Okage 3.00
Phantom Crash 3.00

There was alot of games pulled I believe from my store from the next sale they have (according to cashier) including Primal (had plenty last time I was there)

[quote name='jngx80'][quote name='tenzor'][quote name='MaxBiaggi3'][quote name='little_krampy']But who can pass up a $1 to $4 game?[/quote]

well for $1-$5 you can always sell it back to others or stores for that same price if not a little more.[/quote]

Not as easy as it sounds especially with some of the green tag games, MAYBE if you bundle them up and sell on eBay. But then don't forget about shipping costs and listing fee.[/quote]

well the best way for now is to do the EB trade 2 get the extra 10 promo

Gainesville TRU is a no go. They had 2 copies of Eternal Darkeness for $3.50 and I picked 1 up. About 10 copies of that Universal Theme Park game for $3. Assorted N64, DC games and strategy guides. I saw a few carts filled with GH games but I scanned a few but they came up regular price.

Wento to two TRU's in the Cincinnati area. First to the one on Colerain Ave and then the one at Tri-County

Picked up:

Wild Arms 3 (PS2) - $3
Ejay Clubworld (PS2)- $1
Mad Maestro (PS2) - $1
Primal (PS2) -$1.50
Gladius (GCN) - $5
Music Maker (PS2) - $1
Universal Studios (GCN) - $3

The Tri-County Store is pretty picked over except for some copies of Gladius and Wallace and Gromit. Colerain Ave still had some Mad Maestros, Clubworlds, and Primal's left. Colerain Ave also had several copies of NFL 2K3 and Gamebreaker 2002 left.

[quote name='zman73']
Red Card 2002 GCN 4.00[/quote]

Wow... I don't know when the last time I saw that game was.... that's pretty crazy

I just got:

Primal
Ejay Clubworld (I love these ejay things)
Wild Arms 3

total - 5 bucks

My TRU mainly had a ton of Dreamcast games. Most of them were sports. They had WSB2k2 (like 40 copies), NFL2k2, Tennis 2k2 (I almost bought this), Carrier, and Death Crimson, all for a buck 50. They also had like 20 copies of Mickey Speedway USA for N64. The only PSX games I saw was some samurai fighting game that I never heard of and Crash 3. All of the accessories on green tag were old GBA (not sp) stuff that nobody wants. I'm happy with my trip though, thanks OP.

Well my TRU was a wasted trip. I got excited when i saw the green "display only tag" for mercenaries (xbox). I took it to the cashier jokingly and asked her how much it would be w/discount. she laughed and pointed to the green tag table. pretty pathetic, the only current gen game was okage for ps2. the rest was picked over junk...

I got:

PSOne carrying case - $1
PS Gameshark - $1
Perfect Dark (N64) - $1 x 2
KISS Psycho Circus (DC) - $1
Carrier (DC) - $2
Bass Fishing (DC) - $.50

Amplitude was green-tagged, but didn't ring up as promo and he wouldn't override it.

Highlights from my finds...

Amplitude (PS 2)
Buffy The Vampire Slayer (XB)
Dynasty Warriors 3 (XB)
Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters Melee (XB)
Panzer Dragoon Orta (XB)
Secret Weapons Over Normandy (PS 2)

forgot about Amplitude :)

[quote name='gaelan']Well my TRU was a wasted trip. I got excited when i saw the green "display only tag" for mercenaries (xbox). I took it to the cashier jokingly and asked her how much it would be w/discount. she laughed and pointed to the green tag table. pretty pathetic, the only current gen game was okage for ps2. the rest was picked over junk...[/quote]

which trailer park ghetto TRU did you go to? i live by a few and don't want to waste my time going to one.

I got
R racing (gc) 1.50
RPG maker 2 (ps2) 5
2X primal (ps2) 1.50
2X Music Maker (ps2) 1.00
2X Sled Storm (ps2) 1.00
2X Johnny Msoley Mad Trix (ps2) 1.00
Gladiator (ps2) 3.00
Wipeout Fusion (ps2) 2.50
Prisim (ps2) 1
Strat pc game collection .49
total 24.50