90% off Green Tagged Items at TRU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Death2Sanity

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
This just came in on the intranet this afternoon. Starting tomorrow (2-9), all green tagged items will now be reduced 90%.

Odds are, there isn't much good stuff left...but what IS left will be $1-4, so some of that junk might be worth looking into.

[quote name='thealternakid']just to let anyone around the columbus area, someone came in and cleaned out the sawmill rd store, they only had a couple copies of virtual fighter 4. the clerk said somebody spent like 300$ as soon as they opened. with the games being such a huge percentage off, the person must have gotten like 200 games

hoarding is not cool[/quote]

Guess, I won't check that location tonight then. Thanks for the heads-up.

[quote name='polaricecaves'][quote name='Scorch'][quote name='polaricecaves']cape cod baby!!
I'm the CAG[/quote]

No, you're just a jerk.[/quote]

I am a jerk because i bought all the games that had been on sale, gathering dust, for 6 months! sorry CAGs. Y'all need to move around more

Scorch or fellow CAGs if anyone wants a copy of Club Ejay for Xbox they are $5 shipped

Thanks OP

don't be a cheap ass baby[/quote]

It's not that. Four would have been fine. Six would have been tolerable, because they had a bunch, but twelve? Seriously, cleaning out a store is not cool.

[quote name='Scorch']It's not that. Four would have been. Six would have been tolerable, because they had a bunch, but twelve? Seriously, cleaning out a store is not cool.[/quote]

Especially since the 90% just started today. I wouldn't pay $5 for Mojo, but for $1 I would. You should've bought 5 or 6 today, then gone back in a week and you could've got the rest. Give other people a chance.

If it was the store I was planning on going to after work, I would've been pissed.

[quote name='polaricecaves'][quote name='Scorch'][quote name='polaricecaves']cape cod baby!!
I'm the CAG[/quote]

No, you're just a jerk.[/quote]

I am a jerk because i bought all the games that had been on sale, gathering dust, for 6 months! sorry CAGs. Y'all need to move around more

Scorch or fellow CAGs if anyone wants a copy of Club Ejay for Xbox they are $5 shipped

Thanks OP

don't be a cheap ass baby[/quote]

Yeah, what he said. 12 copies of a game, even for trade fodder? WTF? How about leaving some for someone else, even if they're gathering dust for 6 months?

I got some pretty decent stuff:

DC Sports Pack: $1.20
Primal(x2) :$3.00
XIII(PS2) : $5.98 (taking this back/ didn't know it wasn't 90% and I was in a hurry)
Some other cheap PS2 game: $1.50
SMB4 E-Reader cards: $0.60
PSone carrying case: $1.00
Gamecube Rechargable Battery: $4.00

Plenty of Primals and other cheap games in Fresno, CA TRU. Later I'll take back XIII and see what else I can find.

In Houston, not much left of anything.

I did get 2 optical cables (PS2 brand but it'll work with anything)

Syphon Filter (PS) for $1.50
Crash Banicot (PS) for $1.50

Also, Devil May Cry for the PS2 wasn't green taged but regular price was $4.95

[quote name='thealternakid']just to let anyone around the columbus area, someone came in and cleaned out the sawmill rd store, they only had a couple copies of virtual fighter 4. the clerk said somebody spent like 300$ as soon as they opened. with the games being such a huge percentage off, the person must have gotten like 200 games

hoarding is not cool[/quote]

That's the store I went to, about 11:15 or so. I can't imagine someone buying $300 worth of stuff out of those bins. I was just there on monday and just went back today to see if Jet Grind Radio was there. It was, and it looked like a lot of the stuff was. Wonder what in the world they bought...

hey shipwreck, you been to any of the other TRU's around columbus, and if so is it worth the time and gas to go?

the TRU's in question are the west broad, morse and the one in pickerington

i figure they all were hit by the same person who cleaned out the sawmill rd one so...

Just got done working at TRU for the day...the biggest haul I got wasn't even a video game.

24" bike, normally $110...new, in-box, $11.

Also got:

Computer:
Tony Hawk 2: .50
Sim City 2000 (plus expansions): $1
Star Wars Podracer: $1
Railroad Tycoon 3: $3

PS/PS2:
Oddworld (1st): $1
Dodgeball: $1
Aggressive Inline: $2

GBA:
Virtua Tennis: $1

Under $25. Score.

Did I mention the bike? That thing is SWEET.

Both lansing Stores (Okemos and west side) are pretty much empty. Some chic came in and cleaned up before I got to each on on my lunch.

They do have some old sports titles, the sega 3 packs, PS1 Multitaps, and xmen wolverines Revenge for PC.Thats about it. They did have that Mojo but it wasnt green tagged and she said it was $9.99

I am actually hoping someone finds Gun Metal for cheap. I am looking for that game.

And as for the hoarding its just not cool. maybe 2 copies or slightly more but 6+ is stupid.

Another cheapass question. Will TRU price match their 90% off sale if I just bought 3 games last week? I would love to get a portion of the money back...

Does anyone know?

[quote name='Death2Sanity']Just got done working at TRU for the day...the biggest haul I got wasn't even a video game.

Also got:

Computer:

PS/PS2:

GBA:

Under $25. Score.

Did I mention the bike? That thing is SWEET.[/quote]

It's got shocks...pegs...luuucky.

Have you taken it off any sweet jumps?

--

On topic, I imagine Aggressive Inline works at EB, because they only list the general sports.

[quote name='thealternakid']hey shipwreck, you been to any of the other TRU's around columbus, and if so is it worth the time and gas to go?

the TRU's in question are the west broad, morse and the one in pickerington

i figure they all were hit by the same person who cleaned out the sawmill rd one so...[/quote]

Broad just had a handful of DC stuff and Celebrity Deathmatch & Spy Hunter for Xbox

NHL 2k2 was one of the last sport titles that was released on the DC and they probably did not make many seeing that the system was dead.

Let's see if I can remember what I got:

PS1:
Syphon Filter GH
Future Cop LAPD
Soviet Strike GH

N64:
ECW: Hardcore Revolution
WCW Backstage Assault
Pokemon Snap
Perfect Dark

Xbox:
Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee
Gauntlet: Dark Legacy

PS2:
eJay Clubworld

GC:
Eternal Darkness
Universal Studios Adventure
Turok

DC:
Quake III Arena
Virtual Tennis

GBA:
E-Reader Donkey Kong 3
E-Reader Clu Clu Land
E-Reader Excitebike
E-Reader Golf
E-Reader Donkey Kong Jr.

I swear there's another game or two I can't remember...all for $30.

Jeremy

[quote name='thealternakid']hey megashock5, were you the guy that was getting soul fighter and asked about the jumppacks?[/quote]

Yeah, that was me :D

Probably shouldn't have picked up Soul Fighter, but 75 cents was too hard to pass up.

Wow, for the first time I have a face to put with a name on this site!

[quote name='SGT Killjoy']So all TRUs are doing this? Are any good titles on sale, or just the crap ones?[/quote]

](*,) ](*,)

yeah,megashock5 i thought you were a CAG but i didnt want to break the first rule of CAG

do not talk about CAG

did you hit the one in pickerington? i think that is the store i will hit after work, regardless of what little they probably have left

[quote name='alfonsosoriano'][quote name='Death2Sanity']Just got done working at TRU for the day...the biggest haul I got wasn't even a video game.

Also got:

Computer:

PS/PS2:

GBA:

Under $25. Score.

Did I mention the bike? That thing is SWEET.[/quote]

It's got shocks...pegs...luuucky.

Have you taken it off any sweet jumps?

--

On topic, I imagine Aggressive Inline works at EB, because they only list the general sports.[/quote]

It's a Sledgehammer.

hello all

thanks for the heads up OP :whistle2:D

TRU in livingston, nj had a good amount of games:

PS2
EJay
Amplitude

XBOX
inline something?

GC
Eternal Darkness
Gladius ( one copy at 1:30)

PS1
lots o' sh**

N64
perfect dark
and a few others
and also
Zelda was hidden in the back but with no sticker on it...... worth a shot if you've got a n64

good luck all :)

oh and my haul was:

Eternal darkness GC
munch's oddysses XB
Amplitude PS2
RAD PS2
XIII PS2
Garnd Total ----- 19.05 :D :D

Alternakid,

I haven't been to the Pickerington one. I probably can't get out that far until the weekend, I'm sure it will be picked over by then.

Good luck!

Who cares about the games?! IT'S ALL ABOUT THE TOYS!!! Get your X-Mas shopping done now. I got a Harry Potter Lego set for friggin 2 bucks among other things.
Anybody want a Knex Mech Warrior kit? It was too cheap not to get.

Got Eternal Darkness and Dino Crisis for $6 total, not many good games.. these were the only 2 I could find, rest were DC sport games.

are these games out on a "green tag" table? that's the setup at mine. it was like a crappy garage sale except everything was shrink wrapped

[quote name='ngxbox2004']Anyone wanna get me an Xbox screen? I'll trade a sealed Terminator 3: The Redemption[/quote]

lol :D

the box for the zelda game was a bit mangled, and i am a CAG by hobby not profession ;)

the moral of the story is always look around

that how i found my copy of RAD it was hiding behind some ps1 games

if anyone gets to the west paterson/wayne TRU let me know if its worth it there, i doubt it, but stranger things have happened

[quote name='gaelan']are these games out on a "green tag" table? that's the setup at mine. it was like a crappy garage sale except everything was shrink wrapped[/quote]

No, mine were in the aisles. Only E-Reader games and GBA acces. are on the garage sale table.

[quote name='gaelan']are these games out on a "green tag" table? that's the setup at mine. it was like a crappy garage sale except everything was shrink wrapped[/quote]

One of my TRU had them on a table, the other two in a bin.

[quote name='alfonsosoriano'][quote name='gaelan']are these games out on a "green tag" table? that's the setup at mine. it was like a crappy garage sale except everything was shrink wrapped[/quote]

One of my TRU had them on a table, the other two in a bin.[/quote]

Mine had items other than video games on the tables, the green tagged items were at the front of aisles and in a display in the back of the video games section

[quote name='seanw']Bin the size of a small kitchen garbage can.[/quote]

I hate when they do the bins. You have to dig through all the games and half the time the stuff you want is buried at the bottom. Bleh!

Is Fatal Frame 2 (Xbox) Green Tagged?

Also still intrested in knowing the answers to my previous questions about the screens.

[quote name='zewone'][quote name='gaelan']are these games out on a "green tag" table? that's the setup at mine. it was like a crappy garage sale except everything was shrink wrapped[/quote]

No, mine were in the aisles. Only E-Reader games and GBA acces. are on the garage sale table.[/quote]

Hey zewone, are there any games worth picking up over there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back