90% off Green Tagged Items at TRU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Death2Sanity

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
This just came in on the intranet this afternoon. Starting tomorrow (2-9), all green tagged items will now be reduced 90%.

Odds are, there isn't much good stuff left...but what IS left will be $1-4, so some of that junk might be worth looking into.

[quote name='chickenhawk'][quote name='seanw']Bin the size of a small kitchen garbage can.[/quote]

I hate when they do the bins. You have to dig through all the games and half the time the stuff you want is buried at the bottom. Bleh![/quote]

i searched through all their crap in the bins too, but no green tag...i wonder if i should have had the cashier scan some random things from the shelves that others are reporting 90% off?

the cashier: *points to plastic dump on table* that's all the green tag games

anyone think it would be worth going back and pushing the issue with some random games not on the table?

[quote name='Socheata'][quote name='zewone'][quote name='gaelan']are these games out on a "green tag" table? that's the setup at mine. it was like a crappy garage sale except everything was shrink wrapped[/quote]

No, mine were in the aisles. Only E-Reader games and GBA acces. are on the garage sale table.[/quote]

Hey zewone, are there any games worth picking up over there?[/quote]

If you want Primal they had plenty, also some DC Sports 3-Pack, PSone carrying case, e-reader cards, old GBA acces. and some other cheap PS2 games. Save a couple more Primals for me though. :D

In Ft. Lauderdale on business - man, there must not be any CAG's living around here - I grabbed 4 copies of Perfect Dark at 99 cents each!

Dragon Warrior VII for 3 bucks also.

How much is Amplitude? Also, at my TRU, XIII for PS2 was 4.99. I thought this was green tagged. But really, there really wasn't much there anyway.

Well bought 18 games for $38 total and got $110 in credit at EB. Picked up Resident Evil 4 and put the rest towards the Tekken 5 Collector's Edition :twisted:

[quote name='Snake2715']Another cheapass question. Will TRU price match their 90% off sale if I just bought 3 games last week? I would love to get a portion of the money back...

Does anyone know?[/quote]

Yeah, I bought Onimusha for my brother's birthday two days ago for $6.45 at 70%, went back in today, and they gave me the difference, $4.31, back to my credit card.

And here's my goodness:
1. Pokemon Puzzle League (N64) - $3
2. Pokemon Snap (N64) - $2
3. Mat Hoffman's Pro BMX (DC) - $1.50
4. Carrier (DC) - $2.00
5. Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver (DC) - $1.50
6. World Series Baseball 2k2 (DC) - $1.00
7. NBA 2k2 (DC) - $2.00
8. ESPN NFL Football 2k4 (Xbox) - $2.00
9. South Park: CHef's Luv Shack (DC) - $0.75
10. Pebble Beach Golf Links (Gen) - $1.00
11. Saga Frontier 2 (PS) - $3.00
12. PS1 Multitap - $1.50
13. Boktai (GBA) - $1.50
14. Digimon Fan Club Game Pack (Checkers, Playing Cards, etc!!!) - $0.70
15. Pepsi 20 oz (me) - $1.29
and of course, 16. Britney's Dance Beat (PC) - $0.75

Moral of the story, Total Spent: $27.27. Total Saved: $217.40

Sweet. Maybe I'll even like one or two of these games! Thanks OP / CAG

[quote name='gaelan'][quote name='chickenhawk'][quote name='seanw']Bin the size of a small kitchen garbage can.[/quote]

I hate when they do the bins. You have to dig through all the games and half the time the stuff you want is buried at the bottom. Bleh![/quote]

i searched through all their crap in the bins too, but no green tag...i wonder if i should have had the cashier scan some random things from the shelves that others are reporting 90% off?

anyone think it would be worth going back and pushing the issue with some random games not on the table?[/quote]

Yes, you should have them ring it up. Almost none of the stuff I got was green-tagged on the actual case.

[quote name='evilmax17'][quote name='zewone']Is Fatal Frame 2 (Xbox) Green Tagged?[/quote]

Wasn't at mine.[/quote]

I'm pretty sure only the XBox version of the first Fatal Frame was green tagged. I think both PS 2 Fatal Frames went on clearance at TRU, but weren't green tagged. The XBox version of Fatal Frame II came out fairly recently, I'd be very surprised if that's marked down at all.

[quote name='gaelan'][quote name='chickenhawk'][quote name='seanw']Bin the size of a small kitchen garbage can.[/quote]

anyone think it would be worth going back and pushing the issue with some random games not on the table?[/quote]

yes, and this is the third time ive said it in the thread.

none of the games at my store were green tagged. I asked them to scan them. They rang up as "PROMO".

[quote name='zewone'][quote name='Socheata'][quote name='zewone'][quote name='gaelan']are these games out on a "green tag" table? that's the setup at mine. it was like a crappy garage sale except everything was shrink wrapped[/quote]

No, mine were in the aisles. Only E-Reader games and GBA acces. are on the garage sale table.[/quote]

Hey zewone, are there any games worth picking up over there?[/quote]

If you want Primal they had plenty, also some DC Sports 3-Pack, PSone carrying case, e-reader cards, old GBA acces. and some other cheap PS2 games. Save a couple more Primals for me though. :D[/quote]

Haha, sure thing. I'll just nab half of what's there. ;)

Mine had a seperate shelf for green tagged games. And a bin for random green tag Electronics.

Anyway from the Chula Vista, CA and National City, CA locations, I got:

Windwaker Guide (Brady) 1.50
Cabela's Big Game Hunter (PS2) 2.00
Fantavision (PS2) x3 1.50ea
Mojo (PS2) 1.00
Shaun Murray Wakeboard Unleashed (XBOX) 3.00
Primal (PS2) x2 1.50ea
Eternal Darkness (GCN) 3.50
Gladius (XBOX) x2 1.99ea
Mark Davis Pro Bass Challenge (PS2) 1.00
Swingerz Golf (GCN) 2.00
South Park Chef's Luv Shack (DC) 0.75
Virtua Tennis (DC) 0.50
Wetrix+ (DC) 1.00
Sims Online (PC) 0.99

and to top it off today's most awesome find...

Britney's Dance Beat (PC) 0.75
(I figure one of my little cousins would want it)
(Or maybe I should keep that awesome Britney poster that comes with it... haha)

Anyway My total was 33.37
My total savings was 278.61

Thanks OP and TRU

On a side note I would have gotten more titles but the guy who rung me up said he already put all of the games he wanted into the back room...

The only non sports game my TRU had was Dead to Rights GC. Got that and Dino Crisis PS for $4.50.

They had quite a few Intec Sound systems marked %90 off, how much do these resale for on ebay?

Paid a visit this morning. Walked out with:

Sim City 4 (PC) - $3
Wild Arms 3 (PS2) - $3
Bust-a-Move 3000 (GC) - $4
Red Faction 2 (XBX) - $2
Cima: The Enemy (GBA) - $3
Silpheed (PS2) - $1.50
Dynasty Warriors 3 (XBX) - $3
Marvel vs Capcom 2 (PS2) - $4

Yes, possibly the best price for MVC2 I've ever seen. They also gave me a list of everything they had in stock, but... that was pretty much it. Too bad I couldn't find a Primal.

Also, a survey slip came out with my receipt. The girl behind the register looked at it and said, "Hey, if you take that survey you'll get $3 towards your next purchase." The first thing that came to mind: "Free game!"

[quote name='swick']Yes, possibly the best price for MVC2 I've ever seen. They also gave me a list of everything they had in stock, but... that was pretty much it. Too bad I couldn't find a Primal.[/quote]

I'll trade you 2 Primals for the MvC2. :D

Went to the Okemos, MI store today at 12:30pm, Picked up Mortal Kombat Tournament Edition and Space Invaders for the GBA.

I just want to say thanks to the asshat who horded everything in the store. This guy literally left nothing with a green tag on it. While I got what I wanted, I feel bad for others as this guy bought 70+ games, at least a dozen accessories, and almost every strategy guide they had.

When I asked him to share one of the 6 copies of Eternal Darkness he had stacked on the checkout counter he replied with a friendly “Blow me.”

I really hope this guy was not a CAG because he was just a real ass.

[quote name='zewone'][quote name='swick']Yes, possibly the best price for MVC2 I've ever seen. They also gave me a list of everything they had in stock, but... that was pretty much it. Too bad I couldn't find a Primal.[/quote]

I'll trade you 2 Primals for the MvC2. :D[/quote]
Man, I knew someone was gonna say that. :)

[quote name='hitmandls2']Went to the Okemos, MI store today at 12:30pm, Picked up Mortal Kombat Tournament Edition and Space Invaders for the GBA.

I just want to say thanks to the asshat who horded everything in the store. This guy literally left nothing with a green tag on it. While I got what I wanted, I feel bad for others as this guy bought 70+ games, at least a dozen accessories, and almost every strategy guide they had.

When I asked him to share one of the 6 copies of Eternal Darkness he had stacked on the checkout counter he replied with a friendly “Blow me.”

I really hope this guy was not a CAG because he was just a real ass.[/quote]
Sounds like a FatWallet man!

I just went to 2 different TRU's and the employees there are fu(king idiots!!!!!

I took a stack(9) of games that were not green tagged to the register & i ask politely "could u scan these to see if there apart of the 90% off sale". She then goes looks at the games and says "they don't have green tags so they're regular price". I then say can you please scan them anyways, and low and behold EVERY SINGLE GAME WAS 90% OFF!!!

How the hell can you have a green tag sale if the damn games aren't even green tagged?
I'm going back today to that same store with 50+ items in my cart for there asses to scan.

Anyways here's what i ended up getting:

N64 Games
WWF No Mercy n64 75 cents

DC games
Chu chu rocket Dc $1
D2 Dc $2.50
Sega Bass Fishing 50 cents
Tennis 2k2 Dc $1

GC Items

Eternall Darkness $3.60
Gamecube Backpack 75 cents

PC Games

Harry potter creator 50 cents
Roller coaster tycoon 2 Time Twister Expansion $1
Skateboard Park Tycoon $1
Tron 2.0 $2

Ps1/Ps2

Psone carrying case $1
Psone lcd screen cable 25 cents

[quote name='hitmandls2']Went to the Okemos, MI store today at 12:30pm, Picked up Mortal Kombat Tournament Edition and Space Invaders for the GBA.

If he told me "blow me" I would have knocked him out and taking a ED off the top of the stack, payed for it, and left.

[quote name='hitmandls2']When I asked him to share one of the 6 copies of Eternal Darkness he had stacked on the checkout counter he replied with a friendly “Blow me.”

I would've seriously considered smashing my elbow into his nose.

I didn't see squat at my TRU, had the clerk check Devil May Cry, Soul Caliber 2, and XIII but they were just clearance not green tag.

Even a copy of MOJO just came up as $9.99 (maybe he they have to actually ring it up???)

Anyway I did get a $3.xx copy of Eternal Darkness (for trade . . . PM me if you want it).

2 copies of the Soul Caliber 2 guide (nice Brady Signature guide) also for trade.

[quote name='hitmandls2']When I asked him to share one of the 6 copies of Eternal Darkness he had stacked on the checkout counter he replied with a friendly “Blow me.”[/quote]

That's the point where I would have been perma banned from TRU for making someone eat Eternal Darkness.

My TRU has one of those scan machines in the aisle where you can scan it yourself. Might have to give that thing a workout.

As my games were rung up, they came up sticker price. The whole batch had to be totalled to get the discount, so I don't know if the freestanding scanners will do you any good.

Scored a little victory. Got Eternal Darkness (x3), Black and Bruised, and some 2-pak of Star Wars games for the PS2. Also a few e-reader cards all for $20. All that's left at the TRU in Santa Cruz is a few copies of Eternal Darkness, a ton of sports games, and badly abused guides.

[quote name='gaelan'][quote name='hitmandls2']When I asked him to share one of the 6 copies of Eternal Darkness he had stacked on the checkout counter he replied with a friendly “Blow me.”[/quote]

That's the point where I would have been perma banned from TRU for making someone eat Eternal Darkness.

My TRU has one of those scan machines in the aisle where you can scan it yourself. Might have to give that thing a workout.[/quote]

I remember when the 50% green tag was going people were saying those machines wouldn't pick up the deal. Also the games have to be "Totaled" out before the 90% off is shown.

Thats me!!! No actually that pisses me off as I wanted a Space Invaders for GBA if they had one left.

Was it a some old guy or a kid?

Wow, thanks for warning me about the Okemos store. They actually had some good green tag games left when I stopped there last week. Really though, you should've just taken one of the ED's.

[quote name='alfonsosoriano']How much is Eternal Darkness in trade value at EBGames? I think one of my TRU had that.[/quote]

not much since they (EB) were selling it for $5 for the last two months.

I personally feel its an overlooked game and will be missed in later generations.

Just so you know, I did check the price scanners in the aisles and they pick up the sale. The 2 games I bought both scanned at their 90% off price.

The guy who hoarded all the games at TRU sounds like a bytesizedeals guy rather than a CAG. I got attacked in a forum on bytesizedeals for criticising a guy for picking up all the copies of dragon warrior VII to sell on ebay. The whole forum came after me with flame throwers! They accused me of being a whiney 14 year old among other things.

damnit...making another videogame run....thanks for the posts guys I will check out my TRU and report any 90% findings.

Does anyone know if Ultimate Brain games (GBA) and True Crime (Gamecube) are still green tagged? I know Brain Games was on the old list for the summer but wasn't sure if it was still and I know True Crime was also a green tagged game but I think it was reported that it was taken off green tag, but I think I saw 1 post saying it was $2.

[quote name='seanw']As my games were rung up, they came up sticker price. The whole batch had to be totalled to get the discount, so I don't know if the freestanding scanners will do you any good.[/quote]

The freestanding scanners rang up with the 90% off price for me, but they had to be totaled out, like you said, at the register.

So should I be getting some games to do the trade-in 2 get an extra $10 at EB if there's nothing I really want? Any other exclusions besides sports games?

If you guys run into those Toys R Us stores where they don't put the games out but instead put the picture of the game with the white slips of paper, don't worry just take the paper to the self-price checker and it will tell you the true price. I found many games this way that did not have a green tag but were actually part of the green tag sale.

all the TRUs by me have that R Zone thingy. no scanners in there.

and if a hoarder said "blow me" to me, he'd be receiving a mouthful of bloody chicklets.

confirmed.

WOW there are TRU that still use the White papers for video games and for ALL you people complaining about the hoarders. You know for a damn fact that MOST OF THE PEOPLE complain would of HOARD The games if they got their before the person who got the games got them

If you wanted those game so badly Pay the 70% off and dont Cry that someone hogged them all at 90%.....

:) i hogged all the R racing Reloution for gamecubes i got 8 of them WOOO (if anyone needs a cheap one let me know ) IT had the VS pacman in the game with it so EACH Case could hold 2 Gamecube games ... That is the main reason i got them i need gamecube cases badly

[quote name='zewone']Is Fatal Frame 2 (Xbox) Green Tagged?

Also still intrested in knowing the answers to my previous questions about the screens.[/quote]

Fatal Frame 1 for Xbox was green-tagged, I picked it up in August. If FF2 is greentagged, then I'd consider it the fastest game to go from $50 to $5.

[quote name='slidecage']WOW there are TRU that still use the White papers for video games[/quote]

Yes there are, I went to one I believe in Hattiesburg MS a few months ago, first thing I told my wife "I cant believe there are still TRU's that use the white slips for video games"

I just came back from another toysrus here (scranton, PA) ...

They had like 30 copies of primal and 20 copies of perfect dark (no joke).

Picked up :

Xbox HDTV pack $2
Primal $1.50
Black and bruised $3
Eternal darkness $3.60
Gameboy advanced battery pack and charge stand $.49
+other misc stuff

The intec xbox lcd 5.4 and 5.6 are both on sale for $14.99, the 7.2 isn't.

I successfully matched todays price and got $60 back from two 5.6 inch screens (hello car mod!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back