90% off Green Tagged Items at TRU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Death2Sanity

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
This just came in on the intranet this afternoon. Starting tomorrow (2-9), all green tagged items will now be reduced 90%.

Odds are, there isn't much good stuff left...but what IS left will be $1-4, so some of that junk might be worth looking into.

I am glad I was in charge at the office today, made heading to TRU early a little easier, although had wished it had started a day earlier (Mardi Gras holiday) :lol:

[quote name='Nephets']All right, I'm about to head out, wish me luck, guys! :D[/quote]

You don't need luck; you need a miracle at this point. Thank the invading hoarders if you don't find anything. (Oh and by the way, good luck!) :)

The only reason to pick up most of these games are for trading fodder at EB, GameRush, or Game Stop during there trade 2 get $10 extra, etc.

I scored some nice aluminum GBA cases for $1 full of GBA accessories also. Unfortunately the accesories were not for the SP version. Its a nice size for cameras, pdas, etc.

Everything was almost cleared out at the TRU in Princeton, NJ. I made out with:

XBOX 5.6" Screen $15
Brute Force Presell $5
Turok Xbox$2 (yeah I know but I have a weird sense of humor)
2x Virtua Tennis (GBA) $2.00
Sword of Mana (GBA) 9
GBA SP Multi Link $5
NCAA College Football '97 (GEN) 1.50
Typing of the Dead (DC) $1.00
Soul Calibur 2 Guide $0.70
2 x AA NiMH rechargeable batteries $1.40

Total Damage = $45.07
"Saved" = 180.78

Being a CAG = Priceless

I picked up 26 games from my TRU to use for the EB trade-in deal, mostly crappy games. Total came out to around $57. Also found GTA 3 for $3 that I've been trying to get for myself.

[quote name='flybrione']Psone LCD 23.00

Typing of the Dead 1.00 Last one
Crazy Taxi 2 1.00 Last one
NHL 2K2 2.00 Last one
VT 2K2 1.00

VT GBA 1.00
WWE XI8 GBA 1.49

Backyard Wrestling Xbox 1.49
UFC tapout Xbox 1.49

Black and Bruised PS2 2.00

Fade to Black 1.00 Last one
Mortal Kombat Trilogy 1.00 Last one
Evil Zone 1.00 Last one
Road Rash 3D 2.00

Almost forgot about the guides . . .
Socom 2 1.49
Crimson Skies .01
Manhunt .01

Decent Haul Plently left too . . .
TRU Deerfield, IL[/quote]

I don't know if you're looking to keep the DC games you got, but I know Casey was looking for someone to hook him up with a copy of Typing of the Dead.

I went today cause I had a few minutes to waste and got:

Eternal Darkness $5
Primal $1.50
Dino Crisis $1.50
Siphon Filter - .75 cents

They had a couple more eternal darknesses, too.

[quote name='Socheata']Just came back from the Toys R Us in Fresno, California. Nothing interesting over there. So I grabbed what I could get:

Tennis 2K2 (DC) - $1
Primal (PS2) - $1.50
Wave Race: Blue Storm (GCN) - $5

Hey zewone, there were only two copies left of Primal (and they both weren't tagged with the green sticker). So I picked up just one. Hopefully, you can nab the other one. There's also one copy left of Wave Race: Blue Storm (priced at $49.99, savings after 90% discount: $5). And one copy of the GameCube version of Glaidus (same price as Blue Storm). I also saw Homeworld 2 for the PC, but wasn't sure if it was good or not (it was $11.98 or somewhere around there before the 90% discount).[/quote]

I just got back, I picked up another GC battery incase a CAG wants it or I"ll give it to my sister. Also I did get that last Primal. Thanks. There was like 12 copies when I left at 11. Someone must have took a stack. I also got a Gameshark for the N64 for $1.XX. I didn't get those other items because $5 is still too much for me. :p

[quote name='Grave_Addiction']I don't know if you're looking to keep the DC games you got, but I know Casey was looking for someone to hook him up with a copy of Typing of the Dead.[/quote]

Phrost got him one.

[quote name='Trakan'][quote name='Grave_Addiction']I don't know if you're looking to keep the DC games you got, but I know Casey was looking for someone to hook him up with a copy of Typing of the Dead.[/quote]

Phrost got him one.[/quote]

Okay cool.

Holy shit you guys are lucky. All my one had were Perfect Dark, Nfl 2k3, and some football game for DC. No hardware at all, except for an X-Box system link, which I don't need. I picked up a few strategy guides, thats about it. Lucky bums....

I was feeling kinda blah, even though I picked up Fatal Frame on XBox for 3.99 and Samba de Amigo for a dollar, so I went back, and.. boy, am I glad I did.

I had MGS2: Substance in my hand. I overheard an employee saying he was going to get it, and this was the last copy, so I gave him mine. It would have been an extra anyways.

Karma immediately repayed me, I found:

Eternal Darkness - 4.99
King of Fighters 00/01 (x2) - $3 each
PS1 Intec Color Game Screen - $5 :shocked:

[quote name='oleander']Is sword of mana green tag everywhere? I was just at my local TRU and it didn't have a green tag, so I didn't ask.[/quote]

It's not tagged anywhere. It's not a green tag.

It's a clearance item, yes. I've heard of it being as low as $6.98 but it's not a green tag item, just a clearance item.

[quote name='oleander']Is sword of mana green tag everywhere? I was just at my local TRU and it didn't have a green tag, so I didn't ask.[/quote]

Always ask!!!

[quote name='Grave_Addiction'][quote name='Trakan'][quote name='Grave_Addiction']I don't know if you're looking to keep the DC games you got, but I know Casey was looking for someone to hook him up with a copy of Typing of the Dead.[/quote]

Phrost got him one.[/quote]

Okay cool.[/quote]

Yeah, I wonder if Ryback even knows about it yet. :lol:

Hah just got back. Got a great deal :)

Went to ToysRUS and bought 30 game discs and demos- Exhibition discs, Eternal Darkness, Mad Maestro, some Music Makers - loads of them.

Total price $37.09. It said I saved $249.02 :D

I went to EB and traded them all in for $164 in store credit. Weeee! They had no issues taking the Exhibition discs, even though 8 of them were even the same volume. :D

Thanks OP!

i went to TRU on blossom hill [ sanjose, ca ] today, and i was talking to one of the employees and he told me that some douche bag came in this morning and nearly bought EVERYTHING! he said the guy had 2 shopping carts full. what an ass!

the 3 stores in the Austin area didnt have very much at all.

So I'm at the register, with 3 copies of Kengo. The guy tells me that 2 of them are at regular price because they dont have the green sticker, even though its the same game as the one that does have a sticker. What a jipp.

Also, some of the stuff that is being discounted but arent green tagged, have their own barcode sticker on the back. I grabbed a couple copies of Balders Gate 2 and Socom 2 but I put them back before checking them out because of the guy at the register.

Jesus Christ TRU beats the shit out of their games. They had 15 copies of Mojo in a bin, and EVERY SINGLE ONE of them looked like it had been stepped on by a girl in high heels. I normally wouldn't have bought one, but it was the only game there, and it was a dollar.

I swear to God, they must take car keys to their games.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']the 3 stores in the Austin area didnt have very much at all.

So I'm at the register, with 3 copies of Kengo. The guy tells me that 2 of them are at regular price because they dont have the green sticker, even though its the same game as the one that does have a sticker. What a jipp.

Also, some of the stuff that is being discounted but arent green tagged, have their own barcode sticker on the back. I grabbed a couple copies of Balders Gate 2 and Socom 2 but I put them back before checking them out because of the guy at the register.[/quote]

yeah, different skn. whatever. You'd really pay $1.50 for Kengo? I would have to think really hard about it...and I'd probably buy them yes....but I'd still feel a little wrong about $1.50 for that pile.

I have a Typing of the Dead for trade . . .

I paid something like $3 for it . . . might save it in case I get a DC . . . but if anyone wants one PM me . . . who knows.

So what games are part of the sale, but not greentagged? My TRU had a bin of green tagged items and over by the counter was a bunch of red tagged clearance items like BG&E, and DMC. They were both around $8. I was there at 10 AM and didn't look for any of those screens. :( I have class near my TRU tomorrow, so I might take a second look. By the way, when you trade in these games, do you unseal them?

So are the console screens tagged? Or are they not but still on sale as if tagged?

I saw some PS1 screens for $100 but they had a weird yellowish orange tage. Not like regular tags but not like the flourescent orange ones they also have. Kinda like the color of the box I am posting in now or the banner at the top of this page.

I'd like a screen but I don't want to spend $100 for one.

[quote name='Grave_Addiction'][quote name='flybrione']Psone LCD 23.00

Typing of the Dead 1.00 Last one
Crazy Taxi 2 1.00 Last one
NHL 2K2 2.00 Last one
VT 2K2 1.00

VT GBA 1.00
WWE XI8 GBA 1.49

Backyard Wrestling Xbox 1.49
UFC tapout Xbox 1.49

Black and Bruised PS2 2.00

Fade to Black 1.00 Last one
Mortal Kombat Trilogy 1.00 Last one
Evil Zone 1.00 Last one
Road Rash 3D 2.00

Almost forgot about the guides . . .
Socom 2 1.49
Crimson Skies .01
Manhunt .01

Decent Haul Plently left too . . .
TRU Deerfield, IL[/quote]

I don't know if you're looking to keep the DC games you got, but I know Casey was looking for someone to hook him up with a copy of Typing of the Dead.[/quote]

I read that someone picked up a copy for him earlier in this thread.
I going to another location after work so I'll look out for another. Most of the stuff I buy I keep for myself though.

Anyone see a Dreamcast Keyboard green tagged?

[quote name='suko_32']Kengo is greentagged?[/quote]

I'm wondering the same thing as well. I saw a couple of copies at my local Toys R Us for $14.99. Yet, there wasn't a green tag on them. And I haven't seen anyone pick them up for the 90% off discounted price. But if anyone can confirm this, I'll be heading to my Toys R Us again today. :)

My findings aren't to impressive, but here they are:

Syphon Filter 1- $1.50
Soviet Strike- $2
Gundam Battle Assualt - $2
Dreamcast Allstars Sport's pack (NBA2K1, NFL2K1, WSB2K1)- $1.20
Gran Turismo 2- $1.50
Grand Theft Auto 2- $1.50
Playstation Multi-tap- $1
Max Payne 2 startegy guide- free
Gamepro Magazine w/ Painkiller demo disc- $.50
PSM w/ demo disc- $.80
And I got an incomplete lego set (but it still had some cool pieces) for $1

TOTAL: $11.40
Amount saved: $100

I really didn't NEED any of this, but I can't pass up a good deal:

PS2 Wild Arms 3 - $3.00
GBA Virtua Tennis - $1.00
DC Sports Bundle (Baseball 2K1, NFL 2K1, NBA 2K1) - $1.20

They had a few Perfect Darks, crappy N64 contollers, game guides (Max Payne 2, Jedi Academy, a few others). Also, there were quite a few toys (action figures) and other things (school supplies) that were pretty cheap.

[quote name='Socheata'][quote name='suko_32']Kengo is greentagged?[/quote]

I'm wondering the same thing as well. I saw a couple of copies at my local Toys R Us for $14.99. Yet, there wasn't a green tag on them. And I haven't seen anyone pick them up for the 90% off discounted price. But if anyone can confirm this, I'll be heading to my Toys R Us again today. :)[/quote]

The old skn is. The new skn is not. The one's you're seeing are likely new shipments. About 2 weeks ago we recieved 2 random copies in our mixed games boxes.

So if it has a sticker over the barcode with another barcode, it should be green tagged. If not, then it's not green tagged.

Picked up some Xbox games and PS1 games. I also found... Pokemon Mini!! I remember wanting this thing when I was a PokeFreak when it first came out, but it was like $80 and sucked. For $4 I couldn't pass it up. It's even classified as a Nintendo system on their site, so its even good for my collection. All I need is a Virtual Boy now. :)

Is R Racing for Gamecube green tagged? Mine had a $15 sticker and when I made the guy ring it up, he said it wasn't 90 off.

I'd still like an answer on the screens. But Zon27 if they have the extra barcode on top of the old one they are tagged? Even if they aren't actually tagged?

That'd be great.

Thanks.

[quote name='"magilacudy"']Everything was almost cleared out at the TRU in Princeton, NJ. I made out with:

XBOX 5.6" Screen $15
Brute Force Presell $5
Turok Xbox$2 (yeah I know but I have a weird sense of humor)
2x Virtua Tennis (GBA) $2.00
Sword of Mana (GBA) 9
GBA SP Multi Link $5
NCAA College Football '97 (GEN) 1.50
Typing of the Dead (DC) $1.00
Soul Calibur 2 Guide $0.70
2 x AA NiMH rechargeable batteries $1.40

Total Damage = $45.07
"Saved" = 180.78

Hey were there any more typing of the dead or soul caliber 2 guides at the rt. 1 tru?????? thats fucked up i just bought souls caliber 2 from there on sat and didnt see the guide

damn... i wish we could get a list of current green tag finds compiled.... even if most vary, it seems anything could help considering many games remain unmarked

i elect anyone except me to do it!;)

[quote name='WilliamG']Hah just got back. Got a great deal :)

Went to ToysRUS and bought 30 game discs and demos- Exhibition discs, Eternal Darkness, Mad Maestro, some Music Makers - loads of them.

Total price $37.09. It said I saved $249.02 :D

I went to EB and traded them all in for $164 in store credit. Weeee! They had no issues taking the Exhibition discs, even though 8 of them were even the same volume. :D

Thanks OP![/quote]
How much is the Music Maker going for?

Does anyone know where to get a, preferably new, Dreamcast keyboard? I didn't realize I'd need one for Typing fo the Dead, duh me. And I really want to play it.

[quote name='tcrash247']Does anyone know where to get a, preferably new, Dreamcast keyboard? I didn't realize I'd need one for Typing fo the Dead, duh me. And I really want to play it.[/quote]

Typing of the Dead is a really fun game.

One option you have is to get a cheap adaptor so you can just use a regular PC keyboard. We did that, I think it cost us like two dollars. I'd check Ebay or a simular site, that way you get your choice of keyboards you use.

Edit: After a real short search, I didn't notice one selling on its own but here's a small lot with one so you can see what I'm talking about:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=41054&item=8168645183&rd=1

My stuff:

2 MGS2:S = 1.50 each
2 Zapper = 4 each
GC Mini Disc Carrier = .50 each
Mojo = 1
R:Racing = 1.50 (COMES WITH PAC MAN VS.!!!!)

Bloodrayne was 3.48 plus tax (not green tagged), but I passed on it.

I saw the list of games on the sale. The rep said it was only the ones they had in store... Turok, 2k3 games, Eternal Darkness. Looked for LCD screens, but they only had a bunch of 7 inch screens. I forgot that the speakers were on sale, but I wouldnt be able to fit them anywhere anyway. It looked like all GBA stuff was on sale too.

I was just at the TRU at Azusa, CA. I got

Okage $3
Shadowman 2 $1
3x Stretch Panic $1.50 each
Mad Maestro $1

Total Paid with tax : $10.28

Went to EB games and traded them all in
Received: $32.75

Thank you TRU and EB!!

[quote name='thealternakid']yeah,megashock5 i thought you were a CAG but i didnt want to break the first rule of CAG

do not talk about CAG
[/quote]

We should have some kind of secret way to recognize each other. Like a handshake or a phrase.

"The games smell really nice today, don't they?"

Didn't someone say the GCN spice controllers were on sale?

Um, yeah, not what happened to me.

I was excited as I had a lot of games in my hand, SH3 (an extra copy), MOH, two spice controllers, and a bunch of games from the list. No greentags, they got rung up and NONE of them were 90 percent off.

I said "this has to be wrong", but of course in TRU the customer is never close to being right.

Ugh, I drove out so far only to be utterly disappointed by the fact they had a ton of stuff, but NOTHING rung up 90 percent off.

That list that was posted apparently doesn't apply to this. Only Dreamcast, 4 year old sports games.

went to 3 diff TRU's. Not many games left. Picked up a few controllers for PS2 and DC.

Spent about $60 total

Highlights:
Sims Online (PC)
Red Alert 2 (PC)
Unreal Tournament 2003 (PC)
GAMECUBE BROADBAND ADAPTOR!
PS2 online headset. Talknet brand.

First, thanks to whoever left the last copy of XIII for me at the Aldine TRU in Houston. The sales clerk told me some folks came in early this morning and pretty much cleaned them out.

I got XIII (Xbox), a game guide, and a couple of N64 controller cables for $2.37 w/ tax.

Not much of a haul but I'm happy. :D

Okay just got back from TRU, here is the haul

NHL Rivals 2004 (XBOX) - 1.99
Twisted Metal III (PS1) - 1.49
Driver (PS1) - 1.49
Crash Bandicoot: Warped (PS1) 1.49
Carrier (DC) - .99
Diablo II (PC) - .74
No One Lives Forever (PC) X2 - .74
No One Lives Forever 2 (PC) X2 -.74
Alpha Centauri (PC) - .49
Medal Of Honor: Spearhead (PC) - .99
Majesty (PC) -.99

Trivial Pursuit Genus 5 (Board Game) -3.00
Hear Me Out (Board Game) 3.49

7 e-Reader Games - .10 - .49

Clu Clu Land
Tennis
Balloon Fight
Golf
Donkey Kong
Donkey Kong Jr.
Donkey Kong 3

...and some other things that are not noteworthy...

[quote name='Nephets']Didn't someone say the GCN spice controllers were on sale?

Um, yeah, not what happened to me.

I was excited as I had a lot of games in my hand, SH3 (an extra copy), MOH, two spice controllers, and a bunch of games from the list. No greentags, they got rung up and NONE of them were 90 percent off.

I said "this has to be wrong", but of course in TRU the customer is never close to being right.

Ugh, I drove out so far only to be utterly disappointed by the fact they had a ton of stuff, but NOTHING rung up 90 percent off.

That list that was posted apparently doesn't apply to this. Only Dreamcast, 4 year old sports games.[/quote]

Yea. printed out the list too. I thought I had scored huge b/c one TRU I went to had about 10 of the games on the list, and that was just from the gamecube section. Before I was going to look through the PS2 section, I tried to get them all price checked, but none came up as 90% off. They were just regular price. Some of those I specifically remember picking up when it was only 50% off. Too bad they didn't work. I would've had the best score ever!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back