90% off Green Tagged Items at TRU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Death2Sanity

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
This just came in on the intranet this afternoon. Starting tomorrow (2-9), all green tagged items will now be reduced 90%.

Odds are, there isn't much good stuff left...but what IS left will be $1-4, so some of that junk might be worth looking into.

[quote name='alfonsosoriano']What I go:

2D Sound System - $3.00
PS2 8 MB Expanison - $2.48
DC Sports 3-paco - $1.20
Primal (ps2) - $1.50

Went to EB and traded in primal, with 5 other games, $34 credit.[/quote]

8 MB Expansion ='s Memory Card?!?!

[quote name='suko_32'][quote name='alfonsosoriano']What I go:

2D Sound System - $3.00
DC Sports 3-paco - $1.20
Primal (ps2) - $1.50

8 MB Expansion ='s Memory Card?!?![/quote]

I guess it's some thing that you put your existing memory card in, and it adds 8 MB to it. If it works good I'm going back to get more.

I picked up:

PS2
----
R: Racing Evolution $1.50
Okage $3
Onimusha: Warlords $2
Primal $1.50
RE: CV X $2
Devil May Cry $2

GC
----
R: Racing Evolution w/ Pac Man Vs. $1.49
Dead To Rights $3
Turok: Evolution $1
Charlie's Angels $3

Xbox
----
Kill.Switch $1.99
Rogue Ops $1.50

PC
----
GTA 3 $3

All of the crappy games are going to EB (Turok, Charlie's Angels, etc.)

[quote name='ripoffer']I just called TRU and they said that they only have some PS1 games for 90% off, no GCN or PS2 games on 90% off. Should I still bother going to TRU or not?[/quote]
Calling doesn't do much good. In most cases, the shoppers know more about the products than the sales people. I would suggest checking it out in person.

[quote name='SGT Killjoy'][quote name='SolidSnakeX99']Romance of the Kingdoms VIII[/quote]

I loathe you.[/quote]

There were a bunch of these in stock, want me to pick one up for you?

[quote name='SolidSnakeX99'][quote name='SGT Killjoy'][quote name='SolidSnakeX99']Romance of the Kingdoms VIII[/quote]

I loathe you.[/quote]

There were a bunch of these in stock, want me to pick one up for you?[/quote]

How much are these?

[quote name='SolidSnakeX99'][quote name='SGT Killjoy'][quote name='SolidSnakeX99']Romance of the Kingdoms VIII[/quote]

I loathe you.[/quote]

how much was it? i'd sure like one :shock:

[quote name='zewone']Kill Switch is $2? GenDV138 - Do they have anymore?[/quote]

i know right?

my TRU has a ton of stuff and would be glad to get you anything you cant find

[quote name='PhrostByte']Second trip, DC keyboard = $2.50, baseball bat = $1.50, PS1 LCD screen = $15[/quote]

Whoa, did they have any more keyboards? I need one to go with my Typing of the Dead.

[quote name='EddieBelfour'][quote name='SolidSnakeX99'][quote name='SGT Killjoy'][quote name='SolidSnakeX99']Romance of the Kingdoms VIII[/quote]

I loathe you.[/quote]

how much was it? i'd sure like one :shock:[/quote]

$3 plus tax.

F'ing hell.

After my recent goodwill experience, I finally decided to do something slightly evil and bought 16 copies of Primal to take over to EBgames. I get to ebgames and the lady there says they can only take 2.

WTF? Anyone else had this problem?

I loathe you.[/quote]

how much?

[quote name='zewone'][quote name='oleander'][quote name='tcrash247'][quote name='oleander'][quote name='tcrash247'][quote name='SGT Killjoy']my grabs:

GBA Space Channel 5
GBA E-Reader Donkey Kong 3 and Clu Clu Land
PS2 Jedi Starfighter
PS2 Star Wars Starfighter
PS2 Fatal Frame
PS2 Jak and Daxter
PS2 Spy Hunter
PS2 Mad Maestro x 2
PS2 Baldurs Gate Dark Alliance
DC Virtua Tennis
DC PSO Version 2
DC Tennis 2k2
DC Quake 3 Arena
N64 Perfect Dark
N64 Pokemon Snap
PC No One Lives Forever 2
PC Homeworld
PC Yuris Revenge

and i got Arc the Lad for $8.

I saved $271.46[/quote]

Nice haul! I wish I found PSO 2, Quake 3, and Yuri's Revenge[/quote]

PSO2 is hard to find? My TRU has a bunch...[/quote]

Wanna pick one up for me? It is 90% off at yours, right?[/quote]

I'm going back anyway...assuming they're still there, sure I'll pick one up.[/quote]

Would you mind picking up an extra one for me if they have anymore?[/quote]
I'll pick up as many as I can...everyone who wants one should pm me so I can keep track of it.

Went to 3 TRU at IL -

75th, Army trail and Butterfield road - there aren't much goodies left to pick at all 3 locations, store sales told me apparently somebody got in first thing in the morning and bought couple hundred bucks worth of stuff.

Anyways, I happend to get:
Non green tag - Resident evil CVX for ps2, $4.95
PSOne carrying bag, $.40
R Racer for GC, $1.40
Almost bought non green tag Samurai Warriors for ps2, one TRU listed for 9.99 but the other listed for 12.99, my guess is it will ring up as 9.99 if any IL CAGer is interested.

The stuff in store that has green tags are extremely YMMV, the 3 TRUs I visited have different items listed. So if you see some replies with stuff you want, there is a chance that it might not be at the TRU near you (not OOS, simply not on sale) Good luck everyone.

good find OP.

[quote name='SGT Killjoy'][quote name='SolidSnakeX99'][quote name='SGT Killjoy'][quote name='SolidSnakeX99']Romance of the Kingdoms VIII[/quote]

I loathe you.[/quote]

how much?[/quote]

3 BUCKS!!!!

romance2.JPG

are all the TRU suppose to have the same price for games? i went to one TRU and had MOJO for xbox for $1 and went to another and it's $10 but didn't had the green tag when i priced checked. Do they make the 90percent off after they hit total?

[quote name='saigumi']F'ing hell.

After my recent goodwill experience, I finally decided to do something slightly evil and bought 16 copies of Primal to take over to EBgames. I get to ebgames and the lady there says they can only take 2.

WTF? Anyone else had this problem?[/quote]

"Problem?"

EB is a business. They'll only buy what they can sell. One EB store doesn't need 16 new copies of Primal. You're trying to exploit their promotion and they didn't let you. I fail to see the issue here.

[quote name='tmei03']are all the TRU suppose to have the same price for games? i went to one TRU and had MOJO for xbox for $1 and went to another and it's $10 but didn't had the green tag when i priced checked. Do they make the 90percent off after they hit total?[/quote]

yup yup... otherwise it just says the regular price with the words promo next to it.

UPDATE FOR ANYONE IN THE DETROIT AREA

Not that anyone will see it in this mess of a thread. :wink:

The TRU up by Lakeside Mall, according to my parents, didn't have anything of note. The TRU on John R near Oakland Mall has some games left, with many, MANY Dreamcast games and a good amount of Xbox titles (the majority sports games). The TRU on Gratiot near the Macomb Mall has a lot of games that could be sold for very cheaply.

List of what I got coming later, after I hit up the stores again tomorrow...

All that I know now is that I spent about $22 and I've already got $35 in EB credit and seven new games. :D

[quote name='alfonsosoriano'][quote name='suko_32'][quote name='alfonsosoriano']What I go:

2D Sound System - $3.00
DC Sports 3-paco - $1.20
Primal (ps2) - $1.50

I guess it's some thing that you put your existing memory card in, and it adds 8 MB to it. If it works good I'm going back to get more.[/quote]

Yeah, I actually for the 8MB and the 16 MB expansion...works great with an official memory card. Cheap too.

OT: is that one of the Washington snipers in your avatar?

I did okay, but not as good as some of the others posting in the thread. I hit two TRUs (York, PA and Lancaster, PA). If I didn't have work to do tonight, I'd run up to Camp Hill, too.

York had 90% off signs, so everything was pretty well picked out; I bought the last Xbox title on sale and only got it because I asked the clerk if there was anything left. I was hoping to get Unison there for $2.49 because I kept passing it up at 70% off, but no luck.

Lancaster did not have signs up yet, though when I brought my stuff up, the clerk told me that he just found out the green tags were 90% off. There were still a pile of Primals and Mad Maestros there and some game guides, but not much else (though if I'd read the thread before I ran out, I'd've scanned more... they had Amplitude and XIII there, but red tagged, not green tagged).

Anyway, I got:

R:Racing Evolution for GC (not marked) $1.49
Primal PS2 $1.49
Gladius GC $5
Eternal Darkness GC $5 (bought the last one in Lancaster, sorry)
Mad Maestro PS2 $1
Pac Man World 2 XB (not marked) $1 - what's weird with this one is that there was one out on the shelves and it scanned at $1, but the paper tag for the same title scanned at full price
Black Stone Magic & Steel XB $5

Thanks to the original poster and to the guy who said to check R:Racing.

The Gamecube R: Racing Evolutions I bought all came with a 2nd Pac-Man VS game. To my suprise the case held 2 discs in 2 disc spots. All three came with it and have a sticker on the plastic about the 2nd game. Anyone find this quite a neat little gift? I plan on keeping all three VS's whenever I trade in the racing games at EB.

[quote name='rywateska']The Gamecube R: Racing Evolutions I bought all came with a 2nd Pac-Man VS game. To my suprise the case held 2 discs in 2 disc spots. All three came with it and have a sticker on the plastic about the 2nd game. Anyone find this quite a neat little gift? I plan on keeping all three VS's whenever I trade in the racing games at EB.[/quote]

Send me a Vs. game! Its actually really fun.

[quote name='SolidSnakeX99'][quote name='SGT Killjoy'][quote name='SolidSnakeX99'][quote name='SGT Killjoy'][quote name='SolidSnakeX99']Romance of the Kingdoms VIII[/quote]

I loathe you.[/quote]

how much?[/quote]

3 BUCKS!!!!

romance2.JPG
[/quote]

CAN YOU PICK ONE UP FOR ME? :lol:

[quote name='Gothic_Walrus']UPDATE FOR ANYONE IN THE DETROIT AREA

The TRU up by Lakeside Mall, according to my parents, didn't have anything of note. The TRU on John R near Oakland Mall has some games left, with many, MANY Dreamcast games and a good amount of Xbox titles (the majority sports games). The TRU on Gratiot near the Macomb Mall has a lot of games that could be sold for very cheaply.

All that I know now is that I spent about $22 and I've already got $35 in EB credit and seven new games. :D[/quote]

I noticed your post. Thank for the information. I was going to check Lakeside's TRU, but you saved me a trip. What titles did you see at the TRU on Gratiot? I was just at the John R.

[quote name='lurknomore'][quote name='alfonsosoriano'][quote name='suko_32'][quote name='alfonsosoriano']What I go:

2D Sound System - $3.00
DC Sports 3-paco - $1.20
Primal (ps2) - $1.50

I guess it's some thing that you put your existing memory card in, and it adds 8 MB to it. If it works good I'm going back to get more.[/quote]

Yeah, I actually for the 8MB and the 16 MB expansion...works great with an official memory card. Cheap too.

OT: is that one of the Washington snipers in your avatar?[/quote]

It's Rudy Gay from UConn.

I looked at the orginal green tag topic and I saw that Star Trek Bridge Commander is a green tag game. Has anyone seen a copy at their local TRU?

[quote name='Calico'][quote name='Gothic_Walrus']UPDATE FOR ANYONE IN THE DETROIT AREA

All that I know now is that I spent about $22 and I've already got $35 in EB credit and seven new games. :D[/quote]

I noticed your post. Thank for the information. I was going to check Lakeside's TRU, but you saved me a trip. What titles did you see at the TRU on Gratiot? I was just at the John R.[/quote]

As of 7 this evening, the Gratiot and Masonic TRU had these three PS2 games... EJay Clubworld, Supercar and Mojo.
There were some other dreamcast games and a couple of copies of Perfect Dark still floating around, but not much.

[quote name='EddieBelfour']anyone know the price on wallace and grommit? or whatever the heck its called.[/quote]

I picked it up for $4.00 (39.99 green tag)

Went back to the Mobile TRU after work (to return a couple items I diidnt want and to get them to correct the price on my gamecube controller

very little left... looked like they pulled all the gc controllers after I left too, there was one on the shelves without a green tag

There were about 3-4 games left (sports)
couple gamecube batteries
plenty of e-reader cards

This noob made a killin'. If anybody's around Nashville, there's some good stuff to be had. PS2 unless otherwise noted.

1st TRU I visited-

Black & Bruised- 3.00
Winning Eleven 6-4.00
Pro Racedriver- 4.00
Okage: Shadow King- 3.00
Primal x 3 - 1.50 each
GC- Eternal Darkness - 3.50 (for a friend)
Mad Maestro x 3 - 1.00 each
Ejay Clubworld - 1.00
MetropolisMania x 2 - 1.50 each

2nd TRU-

Parappa the Rapper 2 x2 - 2.00 each
King of Fighters 00/01 - 3.00
Xbox Fatal Frame - 3.99
3D PS2 sound system - 8.00

Grand Total spent: ~52 buckeroos

New games for me: 8
EB credit from fodder games: 48 bucks
80 dollar sound system...

Thanks OP, and thanks cheapassgamer.com

[quote name='JSweeney'][quote name='Calico'][quote name='Gothic_Walrus']UPDATE FOR ANYONE IN THE DETROIT AREA

I noticed your post. Thank for the information. I was going to check Lakeside's TRU, but you saved me a trip. What titles did you see at the TRU on Gratiot? I was just at the John R.[/quote]

As of 7 this evening, the Gratiot and Masonic TRU had these three PS2 games... EJay Clubworld, Supercar and Mojo.
There were some other dreamcast games and a couple of copies of Perfect Dark still floating around, but not much.[/quote]

That's all they had when I was there, but the EB across the street from the store took Clubworld and Supercar without any hassle. If I had bothered to stop and think, I would've grabbed a few more games to get even more from the tradein deal.

This is the first time I've EVER done anything like this, but I'm only up to a total of $35 from tradeins and the games are all complete crap as it is. Most importantly, they had many, many copies of each of them...

TRU @ Brea, CA

This TRU was already cleaned out by the time i got there. Here's what I was able to get:

Primal (ps2) - $1.50 (x2)

Bass Fishing (DC) - $.50

NHL 2k (DC) - $1.00

DC Sports Bundle - $1.20 :D

Universal Studios (gc) - $3.00

Devil May Cry (ps2, non green tag) - $4.48

I got the last one of every item I listed. There wasn't much left. I think somebody already hit it up b/c all they had were a bunch of DC sports titles, DC 3rd party accessories, and a bunch of no-name ps1 titles. Ah well, I'll see if I can get lucky at another TRU :lol:

[quote name='zman73']Went back to the Mobile TRU after work (to return a couple items I diidnt want and to get them to correct the price on my gamecube controller

very little left... looked like they pulled all the gc controllers after I left too, there was one on the shelves without a green tag

plenty of e-reader cards[/quote]

Controllers were on sale? I tried all colors of GCN controllers and even the 3rd party ones and none were on sale...

Of course, I'm angry at my TRU because I don't think anything was on sale.

At the other TRU in town, I found some stuff I hadn't seen listed in this thread:

PS2 Devil May Cry GH $2
Mario Party-e $1
Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario 3-e $0.60
GC Battery Indigo third-party $4
GC Battery Black third-party $4
GC Battery Platinum third-party $7
Intec XB2D Stereo blah blah $7

I did get a VCR with LCD for $13 and might go back tomorrow for an ace bike I found my toddler, but other than DMC there were no games of note on sale and left in stock, and titles I thought I might find for sale like GC True Crime, GC Bomberman Jetters, &c., were undiscounted.

I hit the York PA at 11 this morning.....employees were shopping! That being said, I got 2 gamecube batteries, an audiovox vcp, 4 ps1 carrying bags(pretty cool for a 1) driver 2 gt2 for like 28 bux. Not a bad haul.

Doc

[quote name='Nephets'][quote name='zman73']Went back to the Mobile TRU after work (to return a couple items I diidnt want and to get them to correct the price on my gamecube controller

plenty of e-reader cards[/quote]

Controllers were on sale? I tried all colors of GCN controllers and even the 3rd party ones and none were on sale...

Of course, I'm angry at my TRU because I don't think anything was on sale.[/quote]

Yep... the only controllers I saw on sale were third part programmable GCN ones... BUT I HAVE A FEELING TRU PULLED THEM AFTER I bought the two I wanted... glad I got what I got

[quote name='alfonsosoriano']These speakers rock! $3!!!!!!

I can't wait to get to more TRU's and get more games to trade in.[/quote]

Are the speakers really that good? They had them for $3 at mine, but I wasn't sure if I should buy them. I don't usually stand my PS2 vertically, but if these speakers are that good, I'll do it.

This evening I went to the Grand Rapids 28th Street TRU. They were pulling some GBA games to green tag them: Space Invaders, Crouching Tiger, and a few others. Someone already nabbed the last copy of Monster Rancher 2.

They had several Dreamcast sports bundles, a number of copies of Eternal Darkness, Bloodrayne (XB and PS2), Primal, a copy of Arc the Lad:TOS and a BG:DA. On the PSOne display Syphon Filter 3 and Gran Turismo 2 were green tagged. Hmmm. They had some copies of Mafia, a Robotech Battlecry, and some of those PSOne carrying bags. They had some strategy guides green tagged too: True Crime, a few Star Wars games.

I was hoping for the $1.50 copies of Legend of Dragoon and Syphon Filter 2, but they were still $14.95. I made do with a Gran Turismo 2 ($1.50), a Primal ($1.50), and the last copy of No One Lives Forever 2 for $.74.

All in all, their sale isn't great but passable if your hopes aren't too high.

[quote name='docvinh']I hit the York PA at 11 this morning.....employees were shopping! [/quote]

That doesn't surprise me at all. Who can blame them? I'd do the same if I worked there.I just wish I'd got there earlier today, but at least I made out okay in Lancaster. (And Lancaster sure has a better selection of regular red-tagged stuff.)

I also managed to pick up a pair of those foam Hulk hands for $1.80. My girlfriend likes to beat the crap out of me with them on.

First off: IMPORTANT STUFF REGARDING SUCCESS/FAILURES IN THIS SALE

1) Most of the lists posted are WAY out of date. The Green-Tag list has had a number of games removed, such as Virtua Fighter 4 and R: Racing Evolution. Do not go by these lists. It is very hard to compile a list, because the idiots...I mean, higher-ups at TRU keep changing it. HOWEVER, if you stumble across a game with a tag on it, get 'em to change it. They have to.

2) The sale is 90%. Period. If it rings up at 70% off, get them to change it. I noticed a few items were still mistakenly ringing up at 70% off, but the managers would fix it.

3) REGARDING GC CONTROLLERS: It is the OLD packaging style only that was ever green-tagged. Not the new, smaller packages.

4) Some games were released under 2 different skn's (product numbers). You can tell these by them having a upc sticker over where the upc is normally printed. In such cases, often one way is green-tagged, while the other isn't. That's just the way it is.

[quote name='stevecrime'][quote name='docvinh']I hit the York PA at 11 this morning.....employees were shopping! [/quote]

That doesn't surprise me at all. Who can blame them? I'd do the same if I worked there.I just wish I'd got there earlier today, but at least I made out okay in Lancaster. (And Lancaster sure has a better selection of regular red-tagged stuff.)

I also managed to pick up a pair of those foam Hulk hands for $1.80. My girlfriend likes to beat the crap out of me with them on.[/quote]

As I was picking up HeadHunter, the electronics lady mentioned that I got a good deal on it. I then responded that its often like a second christmas with these prices. Then she told me she picked up an $125 piano for $4 this afternoon. If I worked there, I'd be setting aside all sorts of stuff for family/friends to pick up on my behalf.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back