90% off Green Tagged Items at TRU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Death2Sanity

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
This just came in on the intranet this afternoon. Starting tomorrow (2-9), all green tagged items will now be reduced 90%.

Odds are, there isn't much good stuff left...but what IS left will be $1-4, so some of that junk might be worth looking into.

if you are looking for something specific i.e. GC BB adaptor or a certain game or games, i would try and find the product number on the site and call CS, or just call the customer service desk and have them check the comps.

if i had to guess, im sure there is a ton of crud in back, but i saw the closet in one true and it was full of games, so full of games that i wished i lived in that closet, but mostly the same titles and games that were mass produced and sold terrible. like drake, bloodrayne, some other stuff, but there has to be something in a closet like that. the kids that worked there were cool- i should have asked them if i could take a look.

something else i noticed that was strange: they had games in a case with white paper covering the top and it said DNI (guessing for do not inventory), but they werent green on the edges, so they either are PS2, GC, of the copies of bambi or indredibles they keep trying to shove down my throat, but if they dont i get a soda. yay.

I was able to pick up PS2 Bloody Roar 4 for $3 and EB took it for $5.

Also picked up GC Blood Omen 2 for $2 and EB gave me $2 and with the promotion of turning in 2 games I got the extra $10 so it cost me $5 to get $17 in credits.

Went back today and got even more stuff...

Mercedez Benz: World Racing (XBox) X 3
Legends of Wrestling 2 (XBox)
Eternal Darkness
NFL Fever 2003 X 2
NCAA (DC)
NHL 2K2 (DC)
NFL 2K3 (XBox)

Total $24.66
Saved $206.84

Once again, thanks guys!

[quote name='Ace!']Do i have to unseal them?[/quote]

Why wouldn't you unseal them and swap out the shiny pristine new cases for some of the slightly worn cases on your currently open old games you plan to keep? Am I the only one who does this? I hear people asking where they can buy new PS2/Xbox/GCN cases all the time, but nobody ever thinks about using the fodder game cases. If you got a beat-up case from Blockbuster, Gamestop, etc., you just swap out the new fodder case from it for the old case before you trade the fodder game in.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']Anyone know how many days you got to 'pricematch' a previous purchase from TRU?[/quote]

30 days with receipt!

[quote name='magikman'][quote name='Strider Turbulence']Anyone know how many days you got to 'pricematch' a previous purchase from TRU?[/quote]

30 days with receipt![/quote]

Thanks. Looks like I can't get my money back with those green tag games I got from Dec. (several hundred dollars worth).

[quote name='MaxBiaggi3'][quote name='Ace!']Do i have to unseal them?[/quote]

Why wouldn't you unseal them and swap out the shiny pristine new cases for some of the slightly worn cases on your currently open old games you plan to keep? Am I the only one who does this? I hear people asking where they can buy new PS2/Xbox/GCN cases all the time, but nobody ever thinks about using the fodder game cases. If you got a beat-up case from Blockbuster, Gamestop, etc., you just swap out the new fodder case from it for the old case before you trade the fodder game in.[/quote]

I for one always do this. Yeah, you can buy GCN cases from Nintendo if necessary, but it's impossible to get mint PS2 or Xbox cases if you don't do this. Heck, I even kept the silver cases from the Xbox PH games even though I don't own any PH games that need the case. I just put the games in any shitty case I have laying around. Those cases they used to send AOL discs out in work nicely for trade-ins.

So, I drove to TRU today, and still nothing. I don't think I will ever go back there again for this green tag thing. I've gone three times, and usually ended up buying something else somewhere different.
I went there when it first started at 50%, and got Rouge Ops for 10 bucks. It was still a waste of money in my opinion, but meh. Second time, was with the Buy 2 at 19.99 or less, get $10 less +70%. Didnt have jack. I ended up going to Target and getting a DS and Mr. Driller (ended up spending more than I had intended to, but meh again). Today, went, had some PS2 sport games, and Shawdowman for DC. I ended up going to Gamestop which was couple stores down and bought Perfect Dark.

[quote name='gizmogc']Just got about 20 xbox games, 30 ps2 games, 6 gamecube games, and 15 GBA games for something like $116! Thanks Toys R US![/quote]

Thats cool and all you found stuff but if it was all dupliactes then, Bit greedy don't ya think ?

[quote name='The_Continental']Not a damn thing - you, me, sartori, and yeldarb bought it all up already.

[quote name='suko_32']Anything left at the Tallahassee TRU?[/quote][/quote]

Dang, stangely, I only got like 6 items from this sale.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']Anyone know how many days you got to 'pricematch' a previous purchase from TRU?[/quote]

14 days is the limit.

[quote name='moojuice']So, I drove to TRU today, and still nothing. I don't think I will ever go back there again for this green tag thing. I've gone three times, and usually ended up buying something else somewhere different.
I went there when it first started at 50%, and got Rouge Ops for 10 bucks. It was still a waste of money in my opinion, but meh. Second time, was with the Buy 2 at 19.99 or less, get $10 less +70%. Didnt have jack. I ended up going to Target and getting a DS and Mr. Driller (ended up spending more than I had intended to, but meh again). Today, went, had some PS2 sport games, and Shawdowman for DC. I ended up going to Gamestop which was couple stores down and bought Perfect Dark.[/quote]

This sounds just like my luck at TRU. Green tag sale has produced almost nothing for me.

Did pretty decent today. Here's the run down:

3 Mojo $1
7 Mad Maestro @ $1
3 Silpheed 1.49
4 Drake 3.98
Pac-Man World 2 (Xbox, PH) $1
Stretch Panic $1.49
Intec 5.6" color screen $14.99
10 Type 303/357 Watch batteries $.10

Nothing too spectacular. Just in case somone thinks I was hording I bought this stuff for me and a few friends. I'm the only one that works or goes anywhere near the closest TRU in the area. Hopefuly I'll get to go back at lunch tom.

[quote name='suko_32'][quote name='The_Continental']Not a damn thing - you, me, sartori, and yeldarb bought it all up already.

Dang, stangely, I only got like 6 items from this sale.[/quote]

What were the items you got from the Tallahassee TRU? The only
games I seen that were green tag in the clearance section were
Mafia and Red fraction 2 for the Pc.

[quote name='simplygriff'][quote name='seanw']This is the EB exclusion list:

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/ads/shops/instoretradein/exclusions.asp

Assuming Ace means Parappa 2, all three games are on the list and will be worth somewhere between 0.25 and 1.00. Be thankful for the $10 bonus.[/quote]

So these games don't count for the trade 2 get $10? That's a lot of what it seems people are finding.
-G[/quote]

Some EBs are using the exclusion list for this deal, whereas other EBs are not. You just gotta go and find out.

im shocked that people are finding Xbox and GBA games the xbox was cleaned out here at 50% and i think so were the GBA games.. AHHHHH why did i pick up Dawn of fate for the ps2

[quote name='simplygriff'][quote name='seanw']This is the EB exclusion list:

Assuming Ace means Parappa 2, all three games are on the list and will be worth somewhere between 0.25 and 1.00. Be thankful for the $10 bonus.[/quote]

So these games don't count for the trade 2 get $10? That's a lot of what it seems people are finding.
-G[/quote]

They do count, that's why he said to be thankful for the bonus.

[quote name='DenisDFat'][quote name='simplygriff'][quote name='seanw']This is the EB exclusion list:

-G[/quote]

They do count, that's why he said to be thankful for the bonus.[/quote]

Ok, I wasn't quite clear on that. Thanks.
-G

I just got back from the Chandler, AZ TRU and there's a lot left of the PS1 and DC games I saw back then.

I got:
PS2 Primal x2 = $1.50 each
DC NBA 2K2 = $2
DC PSO vers.2 = $2
PS1 Broken Sword II: The Smoking Mirror = $2.35

To add some variety for the EB trade-in:
PS2 Gladius
PS2 RECVX

I'm looking to sell/trade BS2 or PSOv2 if anyone wants them and maybe the PS2 games if you make it worth my while.

If you want some DC 2K2 games or WCW Mayhem(dozen or more copies) or Backstage Assault, PM me and I'll get you a copy.

Hey, some idiot was running their mouth off today about the TRU 90% off and the EB Games bonus $10 on two games trade-in deal at both establishments in Columbia, MD. Please keep it on the down-low, folks, or you're going to end up pooch-screwing the deal for everyone.

First Trip:GBA Space Channel 5
GBA E-Reader Donkey Kong 3 and Clu Clu Land
PS2 Jedi Starfighter
PS2 Star Wars Starfighter
PS2 Fatal Frame
PS2 Jak and Daxter
PS2 Spy Hunter
PS2 Mad Maestro x 2
PS2 Baldurs Gate Dark Alliance
DC Virtua Tennis
DC PSO Version 2
DC Tennis 2k2
DC Quake 3 Arena
N64 Perfect Dark
N64 Pokemon Snap
PC No One Lives Forever 2
PC Homeworld
PC Yuris Revenge

and i got Arc the Lad for $8.

Saved $271.46

Second Trip:
PS Syphon Filter 1
PS Syphon Filter 3
PS Driver 2
PS Dino Crisis
PS Oddworld
DC Sega Marine Fishing
DC Sega Bass Fishing
DC Sports Bundle
GC Bloody Roar: Primal Fury
PSOne Carry Bag
A/V Selector

Saved $124.96

$396.42 saved overall.

I hit two Toys R Us stores this morning -- Hawthorne and Torrance in southern CA. I had to dig around a bit to find stuff, and many things others got on sale weren't showing up as 90% off in their computers. However, I did okay.

Most games were in multiples, but I only got one of each. My friend got basically the same stuff. We tried to leave at least one for other CAGs, though I recommended the last Shaun Murray to this dad who plays Xbox with his son. At one store, the cashier said the employees raided the stock yesterday, snagging everything they could find. There hasn't been a list given out, though.

Here's what I snagged:

Harry Potter & Sorcerer's Stone PS2 - $3
Eternal Darkness GC - $3.70
Primal PS2 - $1.50
Virtua Tennis GBA - $1
Zapper GC - $4
Ejay Clubworld PS2 - $1
Shaun Murray Pro Wakeboarding Xbox - $3
Tao Feng Xbox - $2
Jungle Strike GENESIS! - $0.75
Desert Strike GENESIS! - $0.90
Total after tax: $22.57

Other items I saw but didn't buy:
Chrome Aluminum GBA case - $0.70
Perfect Dark N64 (dozens) - $1
Mary-Kate and Ashley Sweet 16 GC - $1.50
Universal Studios GC - $3

Thanks to the OPs for their hard work!

[quote name='MaxBiaggi3']Hey, some idiot was running their mouth off today about the TRU 90% off and the EB Games bonus $10 on two games trade-in deal at both establishments in Columbia, MD. Please keep it on the down-low, folks, or you're going to end up pooch-screwing the deal for everyone.[/quote]

The first rule about CAG is that you don't talk about CAG. [-X :censored: :whistle2:# :ziplip:

[quote name='simplygriff']Any problems returning these games if they end up being worth nothing?
-G[/quote]

Just keep them sealed and keep your receipt. You've got 30 days...

I hit two of the St Louis stores again - they're pretty cleaned out. The one by the airport no longer had any green tagged indigo battery packs or speaker sets - but they do have a ton Crash Bash and PS1 multitaps ($1.50 each). A few Dreamcast games, some game guides, one Mix-man and that's about it.

I did notice that some items are not green tagged, but are reduced pretty low on the wall. Platinum gamecube batteries are marked $7. Maybe someone can find a gem somewhere, just sitting on the shelf.

The TRU on watson was already cleaned out yesterday. Someone must have bought a ton of Primal games. I snagged two PS1 av cables for $0.50

Both still had PS2 optical cables for $1

I didn't make it to the TRU down south, lost interest. With the pickings at the first two, I'm pretty sure the good stuff is gone. I imagine the screens are already gone.

[quote name='scrubmonkey']I hit two of the St Louis stores again - they're pretty cleaned out. The one by the airport no longer had any battery packs or speaker sets - but they do have a ton Crash Bash and PS1 multitaps ($1.50 each). A few Dreamcast games, some game guides, that's about it

The one on watson was cleaned out already, but now all of the PS2 Primals are gone.

I didn't make it to the one down south, lost interest. With the pickings at the first two, I'm pretty sure the good stuff is gone.

I did notice that some items are not green tagged, but are reduced pretty low on the wall. Platinum gamecube batteries are marked $7.[/quote]

Cool, another St. Louis CAG. :D

NW Plaza one tends to be a bit picked clean, since it's next to a mall. The only ones I'd expect to have anything decent would be Ferguson (off of W Florissant), Chesterfield, and maybe South County. Or the one on the other side of the river in Fairview Heights.

Thanks for the heads' up.

[quote name='magikman'][quote name='simplygriff']Any problems returning these games if they end up being worth nothing?
-G[/quote]

Just keep them sealed and keep your receipt. You've got 30 days...[/quote]

Actually, you have 45 days for returns for sealed games, and 14 days for price matches.

The TRU in Salem, OR sucks balls. The only good games I've found are Primal, which i bought two of. The Jak and Daxter rang up as 19.99?!?!? WTF?!?!

Went to the TRU in Vegas by the Meadows Mall before I hit EB.

Got a PS2 optical audio cable (but should work with anything - just a standard optical audio cable) for $1.00, Primal for $1.50, Backyard Wrestling (XBox) for $1.99, and Winter Jam Pack 03 for PS2 for $0.80. Traded in Primal and the Jam Pack at EB and got $10 for them. :)

[quote name='scrubmonkey']
The TRU on watson was already cleaned out yesterday. Someone must have bought a ton of Primal games. I snagged two PS1 av cables for $0.50
[/quote]

That was me. I got 8 from big box of junk by the one register to take over to EBGames, but left a ton more on the shelf. Did you look on the shelf?

South County has sports games and Dreamcast games. Watson's still has Dreamcast stuff, it's next to the cage with the systems and Final Fantasy XI's by all the checkout aisles.

damn... I went to a different toys rus and almost nothing was green tagged!

was the one in parsippany NJ

i did manage to get a few cheap games to trade in though

anyone know if there is anything left in the union one?

[quote name='yakboy86'][quote name='suko_32'][quote name='The_Continental']Not a damn thing - you, me, sartori, and yeldarb bought it all up already.

Dang, stangely, I only got like 6 items from this sale.[/quote]

What were the items you got from the Tallahassee TRU? The only
games I seen that were green tag in the clearance section were
Mafia and Red fraction 2 for the Pc.[/quote]
I only got one game but I did walk away with a lot of accessories (including an Xbox screen).

[quote name='saigumi'][quote name='scrubmonkey']
[/quote]

That was me. I got 8 from big box of junk by the one register to take over to EBGames, but left a ton more on the shelf. Did you look on the shelf?

South County has sports games and Dreamcast games. Watson's still has Dreamcast stuff, it's next to the cage with the systems and Final Fantasy XI's by all the checkout aisles.[/quote]

Further proof that I'm going to check, with very very lowered expectations on finding anything.

[quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='MaxBiaggi3']Hey, some idiot was running their mouth off today about the TRU 90% off and the EB Games bonus $10 on two games trade-in deal at both establishments in Columbia, MD. Please keep it on the down-low, folks, or you're going to end up pooch-screwing the deal for everyone.[/quote]

The first rule about CAG is that you don't talk about CAG. [-X :censored: :whistle2:# :ziplip:[/quote]

Fight Club :D

And again, you guys are lucky bums. I had nothing except an N64 game and old shitty sport games.

What are the 2D sound systems everyone was mentioning. Are they the INTEC ones for 29.99 because at my TRU they are still full price but I didnt have them price scan them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back