90% off Green Tagged Items at TRU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Death2Sanity

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
This just came in on the intranet this afternoon. Starting tomorrow (2-9), all green tagged items will now be reduced 90%.

Odds are, there isn't much good stuff left...but what IS left will be $1-4, so some of that junk might be worth looking into.

[quote name='Zon27'][quote name='fragmanslayer']Hawthorne CA TRU on oceangate is the WORST store I have ever seen. Talk about drity, no assitance, ghetto azz stores. They had nothing, nada, zilch on sale. Couldnt find a damn green tag item, nor did any associates offer any help. I know why I never shop at TRU and this experience has convinced me that I will be very happy when TRU goes down the S H I T T E R.

When the green tag sale started I went in and either someone cleaned out the entire store or this store doesnt get any restock. Congrats to those who have gotten great deals at their TRUs. At least I can deal at EB/GS/GR. Wish I had an FYE with their ridiculous trade in values.

Hey dracula, hows the selection at the culver TRU?[/quote]

I work at the Culver City TRU...it's clean. I'm sure you missed stuff in Hawthorne, it's a really crappy store and I'm sure stuff was not labeled. I might head down there in a day or two to scope out any games they didn't tag.[/quote]

ive probably talked to you. I think i was bugging you (and every other tru worker in the games section) about the castlevania aria of sorrow still being $30 at tru. I ended up trading for aria of sorrow in the trade forum.

the culver city tru is a good store, but they are just about out of everything. check the one on la cienega(havent been there in a while), or wait until next month and check the one in santa monica(they are going out of business and closing their doors)

On my first trip last Friday, I picked up a Virtua Tennis for GBA, Tennis for DC, Gladius for Gamecube, Gladiator for X-Box, and Beyond Good and Evil for X-Box. Total was $13. Not too bad. Went back today, and they had more stuff out. Got a Mojo for PS2, Seablade for X-Box, World Series Baseball 2K1 for DC, Sega Bass Fishing for DC, and a pack of Series 1 E-Reader Cards for Super Mario Brothers Advance 4. Total was $4. All in all, can't say that the trips were wasted. I did pass on the tons of Wipeout Fusions they had for PS2, an extra Mojo, and the Resident Evil 2s for N64.

all I could find in the Barboursville, WV TRU was a basket full of DC games, there were some fighting gems like DOA2, capcom vs snk pro and a king of fighters I forget which one now. Overall I'm disappointed in not finding any current gen games though

[quote name='grae60']all I could find in the Barboursville, WV TRU was a basket full of DC games, there were some fighting gems like DOA2, capcom vs snk pro and a king of fighters I forget which one now. Overall I'm disappointed in not finding any current gen games though[/quote]

I would love new copies of those games..

zon27, since you work at TRU and know a lot, can you please answer this question.

do all TRU have the same list of green tagged games, or does it vary by store?

[quote name='dracula'][quote name='Zon27'][quote name='fragmanslayer']Hawthorne CA TRU on oceangate is the WORST store I have ever seen. Talk about drity, no assitance, ghetto azz stores. They had nothing, nada, zilch on sale. Couldnt find a damn green tag item, nor did any associates offer any help. I know why I never shop at TRU and this experience has convinced me that I will be very happy when TRU goes down the S H I T T E R.

When the green tag sale started I went in and either someone cleaned out the entire store or this store doesnt get any restock. Congrats to those who have gotten great deals at their TRUs. At least I can deal at EB/GS/GR. Wish I had an FYE with their ridiculous trade in values.

Hey dracula, hows the selection at the culver TRU?[/quote]

I work at the Culver City TRU...it's clean. I'm sure you missed stuff in Hawthorne, it's a really crappy store and I'm sure stuff was not labeled. I might head down there in a day or two to scope out any games they didn't tag.[/quote]

ive probably talked to you. I think i was bugging you (and every other tru worker in the games section) about the castlevania aria of sorrow still being $30 at tru. I ended up trading for aria of sorrow in the trade forum.

the culver city tru is a good store, but they are just about out of everything. check the one on la cienega(havent been there in a while), or wait until next month and check the one in santa monica(they are going out of business and closing their doors)[/quote]

Heh, I've already been to la cienega...aka the ghetto tru. It's the worst store in the district. They don't have any signage and nothing is labeled right.

There are two asian people that work at my store, I'm one of them (my name is Garrhet). I think my official job is in the R-Zone even though I do everything in the store including unload the trucks.

[quote name='PhrostByte'][quote name='grae60']all I could find in the Barboursville, WV TRU was a basket full of DC games, there were some fighting gems like DOA2, capcom vs snk pro and a king of fighters I forget which one now. Overall I'm disappointed in not finding any current gen games though[/quote]

I would love new copies of those games..[/quote]

Yaeh I agree. There's are some really good games. Better than some of the current gen games I have seen. I'm pretty sure you don't want 16 copies of Mary Kate and Ashley Sweet Sixteen or whatever it is called.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers'][quote name='PhrostByte'][quote name='grae60']all I could find in the Barboursville, WV TRU was a basket full of DC games, there were some fighting gems like DOA2, capcom vs snk pro and a king of fighters I forget which one now. Overall I'm disappointed in not finding any current gen games though[/quote]

I would love new copies of those games..[/quote]

Yaeh I agree. There's are some really good games. Better than some of the current gen games I have seen. I'm pretty sure you don't want 16 copies of Mary Kate and Ashley Sweet Sixteen or whatever it is called.[/quote]

I do! I mean...nm :oops:

[quote name='trunks982'][quote name='salmonaxxx']I found a bunch of the games people listed, like Kengo, Mojo, and Mad Maestro, but when I asked the cashier to scan them for me, she just said they were $10 each, without actually scanning. I asked her again nicely, and the harpy just ignored me. Can anyone confirm the prices? This is the Times Square TRU, by the way (no customer scanning stations, and no green tags).[/quote]

i was at times square on monday and i dont remember seeing those 3 games.[/quote]

I was there earlier in the week and a Mojo rang up as $10 no discount. Yesterday I went back and picked up some oddworlds for a friend at at the very bottom of the huge oddworld bin were some DOA3's which I also got.

very good haul for us all thanks to everyone who posted and of course the wonderful workers at TRU for being pretty much cool about this, in my experiences.

yeah CAG!!!!!!

It would have been nice had the selection been a bit more varied, but I suppose you have to be happy with whatever you got during a sale like this. It's almost surprising that some people actually found "good" games at 90% off retail.

THIS IS STILL GOING...well for the most part. It seems some stores keep putting out games every day or so. I picked up a bunch of stuff yesterday including:

Metal Gear Solid 2 Substance (XBOX)
Jak & Daxter (PS2)
Indiana Jones & The Emperor's Tomb (PS2)
Primal (PS2)
Eternal Darkness (GC)

From what I can see most of the green tags are gone but there are still games on the shelfs that get the 90% off. I am going to hit one last TRU tonight and then I think I am officially done.

I'm going to do a little driving around this weekend...and that's also probably it for me..take it in trade in for a game or too and enjoy the fact I got a deal

kill switch (xbox)-1.99
kill switch (ps2)-1.99
unreal 1 (xbox)-1.99
unreal 2 (xbox)-2.99
legends of wrestling (xbox)-1.99
terminator 3 (ps2)-3.99
2x music maker (ps2)-0.99 each
ufc 2 tapout (xbox)-2.99
2x universal studios (gc)-2.99 each
buffy (ps2)-1.99
Star Wars double pack (ps2)-3.99
and another PS2 game (forget name-traded it in)-$1.99

[quote name='Kingjay89']kill switch (xbox)-1.99
kill switch (ps2)-1.99
unreal 1 (xbox)-1.99
unreal 2 (xbox)-2.99
terminator 3 (ps2)-3.99
ufc 2 tapout (xbox)-2.99
buffy (ps2)-1.99
and another PS2 game (forget name-traded it in)-$1.99[/quote]

WTF is Unreal 1? You mean Unreal Championship? Buffy on PS2? You mean Chaos Bleeds?

You guys still getting games suck. Mine's wiped clean :(

[quote name='Scorch'][quote name='Kingjay89']kill switch (xbox)-1.99
kill switch (ps2)-1.99
unreal 1 (xbox)-1.99
unreal 2 (xbox)-2.99
terminator 3 (ps2)-3.99
ufc 2 tapout (xbox)-2.99
buffy (ps2)-1.99
and another PS2 game (forget name-traded it in)-$1.99[/quote]

WTF is Unreal 1? You mean Unreal Championship? Buffy on PS2? You mean Chaos Bleeds?

You guys still getting games suck. Mine's wiped clean :([/quote]

Yeah-Unreal Campionship (didnt want to mix up with the awekining). It might have been Chaos Bleeds. I dont remember since I already traded in all the games.

[quote name='Nitrogenburn']Which TRU store do you work at in PA, Nitrogenburn?
I work at the one in Harrisburg,PA[/quote]
are your stores cleaned cause i would make the 2 hour drive if theres still stuff

[quote name='chimpian']very good haul for us all thanks to everyone who posted and of course the wonderful workers at TRU for being pretty much cool about this, in my experiences.

yeah CAG!!!!!![/quote]

I purchased 10 copies of primal all at once, the clerk was very nice about it.

[quote name='xboxbatman']I m heading out today after work. I compiled a list. I hope I can score. :cool:[/quote]

Good luck but don't be too hopeful, you're a little late.

[quote name='Zon27'][quote name='xboxbatman']I m heading out today after work. I compiled a list. I hope I can score. :cool:[/quote]

Good luck but don't be too hopeful, you're a little late.[/quote]

Yeah, I hear that Nirvanaguy777 just bought the last ten copies of Primal. :cry:

[quote name='jshorr'][quote name='trunks982'][quote name='salmonaxxx']I found a bunch of the games people listed, like Kengo, Mojo, and Mad Maestro, but when I asked the cashier to scan them for me, she just said they were $10 each, without actually scanning. I asked her again nicely, and the harpy just ignored me. Can anyone confirm the prices? This is the Times Square TRU, by the way (no customer scanning stations, and no green tags).[/quote]

i was at times square on monday and i dont remember seeing those 3 games.[/quote]

I was there earlier in the week and a Mojo rang up as $10 no discount. Yesterday I went back and picked up some oddworlds for a friend at at the very bottom of the huge oddworld bin were some DOA3's which I also got.[/quote]

Talk about scraping the bottom of the barrel...I mean bin. :)

[quote name='josekortez']I'm going back to my local TRU for a buttload of Drakes. Game Boy Player at FYE, here I come![/quote]

Why drakes? Did I miss a post?

[quote name='gamefreak117'][quote name='hotwls13'][quote name='josekortez']I'm going back to my local TRU for a buttload of Drakes. Game Boy Player at FYE, here I come![/quote]

Why drakes? Did I miss a post?[/quote]

$15 trade-in worth at FYE.

from here:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12968[/quote]

Holy #$%^ I did miss something. And they are giving $10 for Primals! Uh I have to make another trip to my TRU then to FYE. I have never traded there, but I just talked to my friend and he said they have no problem taking multiple copies of the same game. Have you guys had any problems trading multiples?

Thanks!!!!!!!!

[quote name='hotwls13'][quote name='gamefreak117'][quote name='hotwls13'][quote name='josekortez']I'm going back to my local TRU for a buttload of Drakes. Game Boy Player at FYE, here I come![/quote]

from here:

Holy #$%^ I did miss something. And they are giving $10 for Primals! Uh I have to make another trip to my TRU then to FYE. I have never traded there, but I just talked to my friend and he said they have no problem taking multiple copies of the same game. Have you guys had any problems trading multiples?

Thanks!!!!!!!![/quote]

I dunno about multiples, but they called over a manager to do my friends trade in. So they're at least being a little cautious about trading at my store.

[quote name='chargeup45'][quote name='hotwls13'][quote name='gamefreak117'][quote name='hotwls13'][quote name='josekortez']I'm going back to my local TRU for a buttload of Drakes. Game Boy Player at FYE, here I come![/quote]

from here:

Thanks!!!!!!!![/quote]

I dunno about multiples, but they called over a manager to do my friends trade in. So they're at least being a little cautious about trading at my store.[/quote]

Please oh please oh please do not abuse FYE by trading a shit-ton of multiples! I feel like they are a pussy hair away from cracking down on the regular CAG raping they've been getting - every time some dumbass trie to trade 10 copies of one crappy game, they get that much closer to shutting us down.

Please do not abuse their ridiculous trade-in policies - it will only screw us all in the long run!!
Also, I don't see why it is so hard to not trade multiples in a situation like this. I totally raked in the trade in value at EB b/c of this sale, but I was smart about it. The most I bought of any one game was 3 - and that is because I knew I would be going to 3 different EBs to do my trades. Rather than picking up 10 Drakes and taking them to one FYE, why not pick up a few other titles and maybe hit a few different FYEs or EBs?!?

[quote name='organicow']

Please oh please oh please do not abuse FYE by trading a shit-ton of multiples! I feel like they are a pussy hair away from cracking down on the regular CAG raping they've been getting - every time some dumbass trie to trade 10 copies of one crappy game, they get that much closer to shutting us down.

Please do not abuse their ridiculous trade-in policies - it will only screw us all in the long run!!
Also, I don't see why it is so hard to not trade multiples in a situation like this. I totally raked in the trade in value at EB b/c of this sale, but I was smart about it. The most I bought of any one game was 3 - and that is because I knew I would be going to 3 different EBs to do my trades. Rather than picking up 10 Drakes and taking them to one FYE, why not pick up a few other titles and maybe hit a few different FYEs or EBs?!?[/quote]

Thats some twisted logic... what difference would it make if you went and traded 10 games at one store compared to trading 10 games at 10 different stores? Correct me if I'm wrong -- i don't see any difference -- just a waste of gas $$$.

It makes perfect sense. Trading in one per store doesn't raise any eyebrows. Trading in 10 copies to one store is just abusing the deal. It is clear that you didn't play the games, get tired of them, and trade them in. You bought them somewhere else and once enough people do it, they'll have to make new rules.

[quote name='purevim'][quote name='organicow']

Also, I don't see why it is so hard to not trade multiples in a situation like this. I totally raked in the trade in value at EB b/c of this sale, but I was smart about it. The most I bought of any one game was 3 - and that is because I knew I would be going to 3 different EBs to do my trades. Rather than picking up 10 Drakes and taking them to one FYE, why not pick up a few other titles and maybe hit a few different FYEs or EBs?!?[/quote]

Thats some twisted logic... what difference would it make if you went and traded 10 games at one store compared to trading 10 games at 10 different stores? Correct me if I'm wrong -- i don't see any difference -- just a waste of gas $$$.[/quote]

Are you fucking kidding me? How can you not see the difference? Trading in more than one copy throws up caution flags, ten of one copy is a huge fucking red flag, not to mention they flood the stores, they won't be able to sell them, and the value will go down. Once they catch on, they will lower the trade-in prices for everything.

How can you not see the difference!?!

//Scorch has no FYE.

I wasn't planning on taking in 10 at a time. I have tried at EB in the past to trade in 10 games with 2 of the same game in the pile and they still caught it.

[quote name='purevim'][quote name='organicow']

Thats some twisted logic... what difference would it make if you went and traded 10 games at one store compared to trading 10 games at 10 different stores? Correct me if I'm wrong -- i don't see any difference -- just a waste of gas $$$.[/quote]

Right, technically they are still taking same amount of games, but if every FYE is getting multiple copies at once, managers indeed will bring this up and what people are talking about here is eventually they will change the trade-in policy. Because some lazy ass wouldn't drive a little more and "evenly distribute" their 10 copies of primal to several different FYE.

FYI, the FYE I have been to calls manager for every game trade-in and they do not take more than 1 copy of the same game. Apparently they are awared of this already.

There's absolutely a difference. Dumping 10 of the same game in one location is going to be definitely harder for that one store to sell all those copies, thus the manager will complain about the trade-in deal. If you spread it out to a few stores, then there's a chance that all of the copies will be bought thus making the managers happy, and if they don't sell, the store wouldn't be too pissed about having 1 or 2 copies of a game.

10 copies is a lot even if you spread it around; I've bought only 4 copies of the same game but I spread them out so that no store was getting any duplicates. It's a hassle for me, but I also want to keep EB,etc. happy.

[quote name='spin03']do all of the TRU have the same green tag list, or does it vary by store???[/quote]
please somebody answer this??

[quote name='spin03'][quote name='spin03']do all of the TRU have the same green tag list, or does it vary by store???[/quote]
please somebody answer this??[/quote]

They vary

Try looking like 5 posts above yours...

[quote name='Ace!']is there a trade in value list for FYE? I never knew there were some near me. Do all FYE take trade ins? or is it YMMV[/quote]

[quote name='organicow']

Too late here. I went to FYE and tried to trade in 2 copies of Ejay Clubworld and 1 copy of Drake of the 99 Dragons. They rejected the 2nd Ejay because they can't take duplicates anymore and could only give me Drake of the 99 Dragons for 1 penny because they had too many. The manager said that someone in the district came in and traded in like bags of games last week and got like $450+ credit or something and now they're limiting on what they take.

[quote name='oper00'][quote name='organicow']

Too late here. I went to FYE and tried to trade in 2 copies of Ejay Clubworld and 1 copy of Drake of the 99 Dragons. They rejected the 2nd Ejay because they can't take duplicates anymore and could only give me Drake of the 99 Dragons for 1 penny because they had too many. The manager said that someone in the district came in and traded in like bags of games last week and got like $450+ credit or something and now they're limiting on what they take.[/quote]

I made my first trade ever to FYE's a few days ago, traded in a Drake I happened to find for $15 in credit. The Primal I also had for some reason wouldn't register in the system so I had to pass on that. They also took my driver's license ID info prior to the trade. When I asked why, the manager told me "you wouldn't believe it, but there are scammers out there who buy games from other stores for cheap and trade this in here for more money." To which I replied with a straight face, "The nerve of some people!" So you may even have difficulty unloading multiple copies of games to different stores if you're in their system.

[quote name='oper00'][quote name='organicow']

Too late here. I went to FYE and tried to trade in 2 copies of Ejay Clubworld and 1 copy of Drake of the 99 Dragons. They rejected the 2nd Ejay because they can't take duplicates anymore and could only give me Drake of the 99 Dragons for 1 penny because they had too many. The manager said that someone in the district came in and traded in like bags of games last week and got like $450+ credit or something and now they're limiting on what they take.[/quote]

At my FYE, they stopped the trade ins altogether b/c they were getting in too may customers from the TRU down the block. I still have yet to trade in my Drake.
Everything else I traded into EB; which by the way just blocked Mojo and Hypersonic Xtreme Racing from their trade in deal (i went to two stores tonight and couldn't get a trade going). I'm pretty sure they're doing this to any game that was being sold at $1 value at TRU. Well, it was a brilliant run while it lasted.

I headed back to the same TRU here in Hialeah, FL for the FOURTH trip and they still had stuff left! I picked up this stuff:

XIII Xbox: 1.25
XIII Ps2: $5
Star Wars Obi-Wan: $2

I then used my friends old TRU receipt and got these pricematched at CC:

Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy: $4
Warhammer 40k Fire Warrior: $1.25

When you PMed at CC, did they call TRU to check if they were in stock?

I've tried to PM receipts before but I usually get shot down when they realize it's OOS, since it's usually a clearance title from a place such as TRU.

[quote name='DOMINATOR912']I headed back to the same TRU here in Hialeah, FL for the FOURTH trip and they still had stuff left! I picked up this stuff:

XIII Xbox: 1.25
XIII Ps2: $5
Star Wars Obi-Wan: $2

I then used my friends old TRU receipt and got these pricematched at CC:

Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy: $4
Warhammer 40k Fire Warrior: $1.25[/quote]

Insanity :shock:

I remember reading in one of the threads that somebody tried to trade in Cabela's Dangerous Hunts at EB and the computer rung it up as negative store credit (-$4.70). When I traded it in, I actually got $5! Combined with the current EB promo, the total was $10 store credit.

Running in parallel with the TRU deal, that's one of biggest return on investment besides the Jampacks/Exhibiton demos and that Mary-Kate and Ashley game. I only found 2 copies of Cabela's Dangerous Hunts at $2 though. Anybody have the same luck with this game?

Also, I had a question for you guys. I have 4 different Edge Cards from trading in games (spread out at 4 different EB locations). Is it possible to consolidate the store credit from these 4 cards into 1 card? I wanted the option of purchasing online too. I'm getting mixed messages from EB. The people at the stores said I can use the Edge cards online but when I emailed EB, they said I can't purchase online.

Any recommendations with what to do with my 4 Edge cards? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back