90% off Green Tagged Items at TRU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Death2Sanity

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
This just came in on the intranet this afternoon. Starting tomorrow (2-9), all green tagged items will now be reduced 90%.

Odds are, there isn't much good stuff left...but what IS left will be $1-4, so some of that junk might be worth looking into.

[quote name='MaxBiaggi3'][quote name='sabin23']But it doesn't take a genius to figure out no one is going to buy games like Mojo. Come on.... more deals for CAG though.[/quote]

Unfortunately, the geniuses at my local TRU stores decided Mojo must be a hot seller or somthing because it's marked at $9.99 and rings up at $9.99 as well. No bargains on Mojo here. :([/quote]

Look for th PS2 Mojo... I have yet to see the Xbox one on sale. YMMV.

I noticed for certain games like Mojo, there needs to be a particular UPC sticker placed over the sKU for the promo... same deal for Mad Maestro, Baldur's Gate, Sled Storm, Dave Mira 2 and Metropolis... i got charged $9.99 for a couple of these games and didn't spot it until i left the store.

Drake rung up at Promo $2.98. I was so excited 'cuz I was gonna hoard--I mean grab a few copies at .30 but no further discount rung up after total.

I did notice quite a few psone games had different (large)sku stickers on them that made them ring up at $1.
I also noticed (small)sku stickers on certain ps2 games such as Resident Evil Code Vernoica X that made them ring up at $19.99. I wonder if they will be cheap or green tagged if those bars are removed? That game was likek $5.xxx back in December.

[quote name='MaxBiaggi3'][quote name='sabin23']But it doesn't take a genius to figure out no one is going to buy games like Mojo. Come on.... more deals for CAG though.[/quote]

Unfortunately, the geniuses at my local TRU stores decided Mojo must be a hot seller or somthing because it's marked at $9.99 and rings up at $9.99 as well. No bargains on Mojo here. :([/quote]

Same here. My TRUs still have probably 10 or so of each version but they ring up at 9.99 with no sale because they placed those stickers over SKU on them. This was for either version too.

The other day I purchased:
4 XBOX Live starter kits: $20
4 copies of Primal (PS2): $1.35 a piece
2 copies of Unlimited Saga (PS2): $1.35 a piece
4 copies of Perfect Dark (N64): $.90 a piece
1 Soul Calibur 2 strategy guide: $.70

I pretty much cleaned out my store! I'm so happy!

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']Drake rung up at Promo $2.98. I was so excited 'cuz I was gonna hoard--I mean grab a few copies at .30 but no further discount rung up after total.

I did notice quite a few psone games had different (large)sku stickers on them that made them ring up at $1.
I also noticed (small)sku stickers on certain ps2 games such as Resident Evil Code Vernoica X that made them ring up at $19.99. I wonder if they will be cheap or green tagged if those bars are removed? That game was likek $5.xxx back in December.[/quote]

Yup, It will ring Green Tag if you remove the sticker from RE_CV.

PS. Strider Turbulence, Drake im by far my favorite game! ....to pay for my PSP :D

FYE will give good money for several games.. there is a list on another thread. I've been doing well re-selling copies of Drake, they give $15 apiece. Then, trade the worthless ones at EBgames under the $10 bonus deal they have going on right now, pick up copies of Room Zoom for $9.99 new, and trade that at FYE for $26.

I'm getting my PSP for under $80!

The other day I purchased:

Will FYE give me good money for any of these?

[quote name='Nitrogenburn']The other day I purchased:

I pretty much cleaned out my store! I'm so happy![/quote]

And the rest of the CAGs in the area thank you. :roll:

[quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='Nitrogenburn']The other day I purchased:

And the rest of the CAGs in the area thank you. :roll:[/quote]

Eh...leave em alone shrike. Obviously people did not get to his TRU. I mean this thread has been up for I think almost 2 weeks now and if they didn't get those than tough luck at this point. Besides they had other opportunities to get those when they were 50% off and 70% off later. Also others have done it earlier in this sale weren't too penalized.

The only thing about the XBOX Live starter kits is that the subscription expired on all of them. The Headsets are still good, and everything that I bought was in the manufacturers seal.

[quote name='polaricecaves']eh leave him alone hiccupleftovers

he has to post 20+ times a day or they'll cancel his welfare check[/quote]

This right here is uncalled for. shrike4242 is a great guy and one of the best CAGs that I know. he's been very helpful and he has never done anything wrong. He has also helped other people tremendously. I was just saying that at this point in the game, no pun intended, there's no reason to get on anyone's case for taking a few extra copies.

[quote name='Nitrogenburn']The only thing about the XBOX Live starter kits is that the subscription expired on all of them. The Headsets are still good, and everything that I bought was in the manufacturers seal.[/quote]

It's expired but works. Have you tried it?

[quote name='Nitrogenburn']The only thing about the XBOX Live starter kits is that the subscription expired on all of them. The Headsets are still good, and everything that I bought was in the manufacturers seal.[/quote]

Call Microsoft and they give you a new code.

//oh, and who's bashing Shrike!? I'll cyberkick their ass, Shrike rules. Hands down, there's no other way to put it, Shrike fucking rules.

[quote name='Scorch']Call Microsoft and they give you a new code. [/quote]
I'll have to do that when i get a chance. In the mean time I need to figure out how I can get good money for what I bought.

[quote name='CheapyD']Can I lock this topic (and have someone make a new one)? Its GIGANTIC![/quote]

Sure you don't have to scream it though. :wink: :lol:

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']I haven't seen a thread reach this size in a long long time.[/quote]

That's because the mods and Cheapy are usually good about locking this kind of thing. :wink:

Truth be told, though, I'm not even sure we need a new one. The sale seems to be dead in most areas, so it may be time for the thread to go as well...

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']I haven't seen a thread reach this size in a long long time.[/quote]

There's been a few, though you probably didn't see them. I believe the GameRush deals thread got pretty long.

[quote name='CrashSpyro123'][quote name='hiccupleftovers']I haven't seen a thread reach this size in a long long time.[/quote]

There's been a few, though you probably didn't see them. I believe the GameRush deals thread got pretty long.[/quote]

I think only the GR and user/trader feedback threads have ever gotten as big as this one or bigger since Cheapy has imposed the 500 post limit for most threads..

yeah i dont see much left except stuff that no one wanted in the first place

i think its time to say goodbye to our oh so beloved tru sale

[quote name='masha'][quote name='Strider Turbulence']Drake rung up at Promo $2.98. I was so excited 'cuz I was gonna hoard--I mean grab a few copies at .30 but no further discount rung up after total.

I also noticed (small)sku stickers on certain ps2 games such as Resident Evil Code Vernoica X that made them ring up at $19.99. I wonder if they will be cheap or green tagged if those bars are removed? That game was likek $5.xxx back in December.[/quote]

Yup, It will ring Green Tag if you remove the sticker from RE_CV.

PS. Strider Turbulence, Drake im by far my favorite game! ....to pay for my PSP :D[/quote]

That's good to hear. The only problem is finding a cashier who'd let me do it. Or I could buy it, rip the tags off and then take it to customer service for a price guarentee.

And yes, Drake is AWESOME! It didn't get me my psp but I was able to get a second Gameboy SP from it.

well, most TRU's are cleared out, but thanks to them I got my 80 in credit for only spending 12 dollars!

BTW, I have no problems with cheapy closing it...

[quote name='hiccupleftovers'][quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='Nitrogenburn']The other day I purchased:

Eh...leave em alone shrike. Obviously people did not get to his TRU. I mean this thread has been up for I think almost 2 weeks now and if they didn't get those than tough luck at this point. Besides they had other opportunities to get those when they were 50% off and 70% off later. Also others have done it earlier in this sale weren't too penalized.[/quote]

I agree, it's hardly hording expecially since this sale has been running for a long time. I'm actually really surprised no one has hawked the table at my store and clean up all the Perfect Darks and DC Sports Bundles....there must be like 12 of each of those left.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers'][quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='Nitrogenburn']The other day I purchased:

Eh...leave em alone shrike. Obviously people did not get to his TRU. I mean this thread has been up for I think almost 2 weeks now and if they didn't get those than tough luck at this point. Besides they had other opportunities to get those when they were 50% off and 70% off later. Also others have done it earlier in this sale weren't too penalized.[/quote]

That's why I did the eye roll rather than get ticked off about it, hiccuple. For myself, I just pick up a single copy, since I haven't wanted to deal with EB giving me crap over trade-ins. He did 4, not 20-something like some others around here, so in the grand scheme of things, hardly a huge issue. :roll:

[quote name='hiccupleftovers'][quote name='polaricecaves']eh leave him alone hiccupleftovers

he has to post 20+ times a day or they'll cancel his welfare check[/quote]

This right here is uncalled for. shrike4242 is a great guy and one of the best CAGs that I know. he's been very helpful and he has never done anything wrong. He has also helped other people tremendously. I was just saying that at this point in the game, no pun intended, there's no reason to get on anyone's case for taking a few extra copies.[/quote]

Polaricecaves, did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed this morning? WTF is your issue, anyway? You're halfway across the country from me, so I know you're not working the same territory as me. And last time I checked, the IRS was more than happy to take an ugly share of my paycheck, which sure doesn't look like a welfare check to me. Get your facts straight before you open your mouth, does help you look more clueful than on first blush.

Oh, polar, if I'm such a post whore, why am I consolidating a few replies into one post?

Thanks, hiccuple. I understood your point, my personal reaction to multiple games for something other than for other CAGs comes up. Damn morality streak.

[quote name='Scorch']//oh, and who's bashing Shrike!? I'll cyberkick their ass, Shrike rules. Hands down, there's no other way to put it, Shrike shaq-fuing rules.[/quote]

Thanks, Scorch, always appreciated.

[quote name='CheapyD']Can I lock this topic (and have someone make a new one)? Its GIGANTIC![/quote]

Anytime you want, your CheapyD-ness, lock away.

[quote name='CrashSpyro123'][quote name='hiccupleftovers']I haven't seen a thread reach this size in a long long time.[/quote]

There's been a few, though you probably didn't see them. I believe the GameRush deals thread got pretty long.[/quote]

I just remember that long threads are bad, and this one might be due, even though long threads are nice things to see. Once in a great while.

[quote name='Zon27']I agree, it's hardly hording expecially since this sale has been running for a long time. I'm actually really surprised no one has hawked the table at my store and clean up all the Perfect Darks and DC Sports Bundles....there must be like 12 of each of those left.[/quote]

See previous answers.

Nah, this deal isn't dead quite yet, at least not for me. Today I got:

Great Escape - $2
Jungle Book Rhythm & Groove - $2.20 ( is this game crap?)
HSX - $1
R: Racing Evolution (GC) - $1

They keep restocking every time I go!

[quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='hiccupleftovers'][quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='Nitrogenburn']The other day I purchased:

That's why I did the eye roll rather than get ticked off about it, hiccuple. For myself, I just pick up a single copy, since I haven't wanted to deal with EB giving me crap over trade-ins. He did 4, not 20-something like some others around here, so in the grand scheme of things, hardly a huge issue. :roll:

.[/quote]

Oh I see. You were using the roll :roll: to be sarcastic. Gotcha :wink:.

[quote name='rarebucky']Nah, this deal isn't dead quite yet, at least not for me. Today I got:

Great Escape - $2
HSX - $1

They keep restocking every time I go![/quote]

I think that for most people it's already done and over with. I think right now it is just trickling in.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers'][quote name='rarebucky']Nah, this deal isn't dead quite yet, at least not for me. Today I got:

Great Escape - $2
HSX - $1

They keep restocking every time I go![/quote]

I think that for most people it's already done and over with. I think right now it is just trickling in.[/quote]

For me, it was over with within the first hour of the first day. I went to 4 different TRUs and each one was picked clean within the first hour of opening. My luck, the one TRU I decided to go to first didn't drop to 90% that day but did the day after and then was cleaned out then. Well, you win some, you lose some.

In my own long winded way, I agree with you, I think the sale's over. I can't imagine any current generation games would still be around at $2-5.

I'm kinda post some fake finds to encourage flames... in order to keep the thread going for another 10 pages.

Yeah so I hit up TRU today. Here's what I found:

GTA San Andreas: $1.50
Gran Turismo 4: $2.50
Tekken 5: $0.75
Rez (Greatest Hits): $0.25

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back