Able to pick one up on launch day by walking into a store?

[quote name='wageslave']The Wii is much easier to produce than PS3 so I'm sure within a few weeks everyone who wants one can get one (unlike a few months for da PS3).[/QUOTE]

Nintendo has already said their goal is 4 million by the end of the year with weekly shipments. While the launch is sold out, I don't see it being PS3-scarce.

[quote name='Z-Saber']I'll admit I was confused by having two different things passed out, but not confused enough to leave the line. In fact, the guys running the show at my Target said if you get out of line, they'd take your ticket.[/quote]

Admittedly, it was a very absent minded (READ: dumb) mistake, but I still feel shafted. I suppose this will leave me time to finish GOW, Splinter Cell, THP8 and the many other 360 games that are stacked up right now.

I went to Target at 8AM because it opens at 12 on sundays..... line around the fucking store.

Edit:Now that i think about it this will allow me to do my speech thats do for speech communications on tuesday.

THANKYOU NINTENDO FOR THIS BLESSING IN DISGUISE ....

but at the same to go fuck urself target.

I think that depends on the store you try to snag it from try to call your local stores and ask them their shipment schedules for the wii.

Thank god one of the big 3 did a good job in getting alot of systems in the stores... as for myself, I drove over to my nearby Target at 6 this morning (2 hours early)... huge fucking line... I was heartbroken... never fear.... I drove over to the other Target at 6:15... number 11 out of 20... funny thing was I could have got there at 7:30 and snagged one... my wife loves Zelda

Cant wait for the internet channels, and some TG-16 games for the virtual console

[quote name='Onifrio']I think that depends on the store you try to snag it from try to call your local stores and ask them their shipment schedules for the wii.[/QUOTE]
Are they able to tell you this kind of thing? All I've heard is, "We don't know when we'll get them, the manufacturer just sends them when they feel like it and we find out about the shipment when they arrive."

Nintendo has more fanboys than any other console company out there. Me being one of them.

[quote name='dothog']Are they able to tell you this kind of thing? All I've heard is, "We don't know when we'll get them, the manufacturer just sends them when they feel like it and we find out about the shipment when they arrive."[/quote]

Thats called BS. Wiis dont just randomly arive they have them on order point.

Ask to speak to a manager.

[quote name='dothog']Are they able to tell you this kind of thing? All I've heard is, "We don't know when we'll get them, the manufacturer just sends them when they feel like it and we find out about the shipment when they arrive."[/quote]

Thats called BS. Wiis dont just randomly arive they have them on order point.

Ask to speak to a manager.

[quote name='Onifrio']Nintendo has more fanboys than any other console company out there. Me being one of them.[/quote]Which Reggie knew full well. As he said, launches are for the hardcore who already know about it. Commercials started this week just so it was in the public consciousness when the initial sell-out was resolved.

I showed up at my local Toys R Us and got up line 45 minutes before they opened, just for kicks. They had only 12 units (non-pre orders). I was number 11. I wasn't even planning on picking one up. Are Wiis that diffictult to find? There was a ton of people who showed up at 11 and turned away.

I thought my Costco order this morning did not go thru but then i check my inbox when i got back from TRU, its says that my order at Costco is in process. WTF?
Now i have 1 extra Wii with Zelda and Excite Bike or something. Should i cancel my Costco order or sell it in the next few weeks? Its not going to go for much so not sure to cancel or can i even make a $25-$100 profit out of the bundle?

Well, I'm glad I didn't listen to everyone saying "You'll be able to just walk in". I was in line for 10+ hours and I barely got one. 25th out of 29 people.

I braved the Nintendo boards to learn what I could about shipments.

The next shipment is supposedly due on Tuesday. None of this is verified, it's just what I could gleam from the rabid fanboyism. There were other rumors, but Tuesday was the only suggestion that was backed by anecdotes that sounded somewhat plausible.

If you're going to venture over to Nintendo's boards, take a moment to reconsider. Is it worth it?

I was laughing as I saw people pull up as they were handing out tickets hoping to get a Wii. I waited three and a half hours. More than I wanted to but still not bad consdiering I got Zelda too.

[quote name='gizmogc']I saw a TON of Zelda's at Target today at like 3PM. Games won't be tough to find...systems and extra controllers will be.[/QUOTE]

This will be highly YMMV.

I went around my town (Savannah, GA -- a fairly large city) early this afternoon and there wasn't one copy of Zelda on any store shelf.

[quote name='snipegod']This will be highly YMMV.

I went around my town (Savannah, GA -- a fairly large city) early this afternoon and there wasn't one copy of Zelda on any store shelf.[/quote] A local Kmart had five copies of Zelda at 6:30 tonight. Though not many people go to Kmart around here. It is a very sloppy store.

I went out last night at 10:30 with my nephew to the local Wal-Mart. We were told on the phone they had 18 systems, and by the time I got there, I was #18. (My nephew was just camping with me, not getting a console.) Turns out they had 20. So, 20 people walked into Wal-Mart this morning and got our Wii systems from the layaway area. I had my nephew run over to electronics and grab Zelda before the crowd got there. Good thing too, because I guess they sold out of Zelda before everyone got one!

[quote name='snipegod']This will be highly YMMV.

I went around my town (Savannah, GA -- a fairly large city) early this afternoon and there wasn't one copy of Zelda on any store shelf.[/quote]

i accidently bought someone's pre-ordered copy:lol:

the Toy's R Us in Exton, PA had a few copies of Zelda earlier today....also, the GS in the Exton mall had quite a few....if anyone is in the area and still looking....

[quote name='dothog']The next shipment is supposedly due on Tuesday. None of this is verified, it's just what I could gleam from the rabid fanboyism. There were other rumors, but Tuesday was the only suggestion that was backed by anecdotes that sounded somewhat plausible. [/quote]I work at UPS, and I saw maybe fifty or so Wiis going to Best Buys, Targets, and Walmarts last week. Of course, I'm sure those were launch shipments, but if I happen to see any more this week or in the following weeks, I'll let everyone know. I'd expect that they'd just send out a bunch every week though.

[quote name='Z-Saber']I work at UPS, and I saw maybe fifty or so Wiis going to Best Buys, Targets, and Walmarts last week. Of course, I'm sure those were launch shipments, but if I happen to see any more this week or in the following weeks, I'll let everyone know. I'd expect that they'd just send out a bunch every week though.[/quote]

thanks!

[quote name='crewj']thanks![/quote]Welcome, but you have to figure we unload dozens of trucks a day, and I only work three or four of them, so my chances of seeing small shipments of units are slim, but I'll let you know if I happen to see them.

There was no chance of simply walking in and getting a Wii at most stores in LA. I was first in line at the Manhattan Beach Target which had 120 Wii. By the time the store opened there were at least 140 people in line. What's worse is that there were only like 15 extra Nunchuks and 30 extra Wiimotes so anyone interested in multiplayer at launch and wasn't one of the first 15 (or less I suppose) would have been screwed big time.

[quote name='Z-Saber']Welcome, but you have to figure we unload dozens of trucks a day, and I only work three or four of them, so my chances of seeing small shipments of units are slim, but I'll let you know if I happen to see them.[/QUOTE]
You are a credit to your species, sir. Thanks for the help.

I'll be making calls this morning and the next to ask if any restock has been received and shelved. I'd imagine they'll play the "we have no idea" game, but I figure it's worth a shot. If I hear anything positive, I'll definitely post it for other CAGs, and I'd hope that everybody else who's looking would do the same.

I'd also like to note that the post above this one (#125) has a pretty cool username behind it. Aooogah!

EDIT: So I just called around to the local Walmarts and Targets. Nobody had any restock. What is especially infuriating is that people at Targets are apparently trained to act like every shipment at night is a complete surprise. More than one person said, "We have no idea what's on the truck each night." I said to the last person, "So if they ship you 6 million rubber ducks, you have to sell 6 million rubber ducks?" She said, "No, they know what we need, but we can't control what they send." I understand that maybe there's a district supplier that determines which stores get what, but the idea that they don't tell the stores IN ADVANCE what inventory they have coming their way (so they can confirm what they receive on the truck against that advance list) smells like bucketfuls of bullshit.

[quote name='dothog']What is especially infuriating is that people at Targets are apparently trained to act like every shipment at night is a complete surprise. More than one person said, "We have no idea what's on the truck each night."[/quote]

Well, at least we know the shipments come at night. So if you want a Wii this week, just park yourself outside Target every day before it opens... right?

If anyone is in or near NYC, Nintendo World has plenty of Wii in stock as of this morning. I just walked right in around 8.30am and there were around 10 people in line at the register to buy one. They were also serving free starbucks and cookies.

[quote name='OtherAdam']If anyone is in or near NYC, Nintendo World has plenty of Wii in stock as of this morning. I just walked right in around 8.30am and there were around 10 people in line at the register to buy one. They were also serving free starbucks and cookies.[/QUOTE]

I wonder how many they got? There was a HUGE line yesterday, I guess al those people got Wii.

After getting fucked at Best Buy, I may wait till mid December when the component cables are readily available. They handed out tickets an hour after they were supposed to, and half of the people there were wanting to sell on fleabay or other means (never underestimate the Montgomery population's desire to make an uneducated quick buck.. I heard quotes of "man, I'm gonna sell this shit like my friend did with that PS3!"). Also.. wow.. some of the rabid fanboys that I saw.. really need to get laid. Seriously. It was scary.

As for my BB, I KNOW for a fact that they got 40+. However, they only sold 24. I spoke to the media supervisor about handing out the tickets early and a next shipment (I showed up at 7:30, they opened at 9, but handed out tickets at 7). His words were "some people camped out and some were here at 7.. get here earlier next time, you're not getting one today. Check back later in the holiday season." I wanted to deck the douche for his rudeness.. but it gets me that they are holding back (I've confirmed with a couple people that work there, one that I'm very good friends with).

They had tags out for the component cables, but received 0. I don't think I could stand to play it on my DLP with composites.. so it isn't a total loss.

I'm playing it with composite, and while I definitely want the component cables right this second, it looks suprisingly good.

I wasn't able to pick one of these up on launch, but I did buy one from Ebay...... 375.00 for a Brand New Wii, Brand New Zelda TP, and Overnight Shipping. I only paid about 55 bucks over MSRP and tax. I guess that's not too bad.

[quote name='pimpinc333']I wasn't able to pick one of these up on launch, but I did buy one from Ebay...... 375.00 for a Brand New Wii, Brand New Zelda TP, and Overnight Shipping. I only paid about 55 bucks over MSRP and tax. I guess that's not too bad.[/QUOTE]
Not an option for me. I haven't seen an ebay auction under $350, and just about everyone is throwing in $40-50 S&H costs. I'd rather just wait it out. I have a feeling I'll get lucky Tuesday AM. We'll see.

acutally, i just got mine today.

i called gamestop and asked if they had wiis in stock and he said yes. of course i headed over in less than 3 minutes.

no 12-hour lines, no camping, no pre-orders, no drama. just walked in and purchased! man... *cheers*

[quote name='Skylander7']
As for my BB, I KNOW for a fact that they got 40+. However, they only sold 24. [/QUOTE]

That doesn't seem to crazy.

When I was working launch yesterday morning, many of the people I rang up told me our local Best Buy were holding back units. They didn't know why, but a lot of them were really upset. Good thing they showed up at our store where I could get them one :)

[quote name='dothog']Not an option for me. I haven't seen an ebay auction under $350, and just about everyone is throwing in $40-50 S&H costs. I'd rather just wait it out. I have a feeling I'll get lucky Tuesday AM. We'll see.[/QUOTE]

I checked around ebay for about 30 mins this mornign at 11 am EST. I had a couple 325.00 + 20-40 Shipping slip through my hands. Those included Zelda also. The onyl reason they got away from me was becuase I read the entire auction just to make sure im not buying a Email address. :)

Also word of advice if you try Ebay. If there are ike 100 ending in 1 or 2 mins, try to find one of those that are ending not on the first page but end at the same times as the ones on the first page. People just seem to bid on the item that is first and disregard all the other Wii's ending at the same time. Thats how I got mine. The ones ending on the first page were going for about 400-450 plus shipping.

[quote name='crewj']acutally, i just got mine today.

i called gamestop and asked if they had wiis in stock and he said yes. of course i headed over in less than 3 minutes.

no 12-hour lines, no camping, no pre-orders, no drama. just walked in and purchased! man... *cheers*[/QUOTE]
You lucky bastard. I called all the gamestops and ebs in my area and they either said their sold out or they still just have enough to fill preorders.

[quote name='jasongst']Well, at least we know the shipments come at night. So if you want a Wii this week, just park yourself outside Target every day before it opens... right?[/QUOTE]

Shipments do not come at night with the rest of the frieght.. UPS delivers the Wii, which only delivers during regular business hours.

[quote name='crewj']acutally, i just got mine today.

no 12-hour lines, no camping, no pre-orders, no drama. just walked in and purchased! man... *cheers*[/quote]

Where the hell do you live?

bread's done
Back