Ace Combat 5 only $4.99 at SEARS! Major YMMV

not luck at Meijers(Dix and Emmons in Lincoln Park, MI) in case anyone thought of there. they said it was too low to PM. it is below their cost.

EDIT TO ADD LOCATION

I just got back from Sears and they honored it for me. If you go early (like right now) before the inevitable rush you probably have a good shot. The sales clerk checked with the manager then told me "looks like it's your lucky day" and overrode it for me but then told me they would be putting up a disclaimer later that morning. If you're the first person to pick it up and play naive like I did, you probably have a good chance. It probably helped that I picked up two other games as well (Armed and Dangerous and Unreal Championship).

[quote name='jimbodan'][quote name='MadFlava']So lets divide the stores into 2 categories (YMMV and Long Shots)

YMMV:
Walmart
TRU
Best Buy
Compusa
CC

Long Shots:
Sears
EB
K-Mart
[/quote]

I'd move CC to the YMMV, their policy is to price match.[/quote]

Thanks for the info, I put it in longshots because of I've been reading the threads and some people reported that CC were denying a PM, although shrike is so far the only CAG'r to get a PM there.

As for me, I woke up and went to Walmart early this morning. It took about 20 minutes but I got my PM for AC5 and got it for 5.24 with tax :D
This was at the Walmart in Burke, VA for any CAG'rs in the area. Anyway, I did plan on getting 2 copies but I felt like I was getting an amazing deal and didn't want to push my luck so I only got one. Leave the rest for you other CAG'rs. The sales clerk had this pissed off look on his face when he rang me up, I kind of felt bad for him. If I had a scanner I would scan the receipt for all of you to use as proof to get your PM.

I am not going to try to get a PM at TRU because I already took advantage of the BOGO last month and I really like that store, they have always been good to me. Anyway, I'm going to try to get my second copy at either CC or BB. I hope I can get it at BB out of revenge when they denied me a price adjustment because they claim the item I wanted adjusted was OOS at the CC I called just moments ago saying it was in stock. Will I finally get my revenge? We will see....

I was the first person to get it at my Sears (Quakerbridge Mall, Lawrence NJ), and it ended up being a case of "in before lock"... Sears obviously knows, there was a tag that read AC5 $49.99 but no misprint disclaimer, but one to come soon....

If anyone wants to trade an Armed and Dangerous for an Unreal, I'm game.

Oh, and Ace Combat 4 was $7.xx at Sears B&M. Didn't bother to get it knocked down to $4.99 like some others have.

another update:

my wife is trying to get a PM along with a few other people at another Meijers(Fort St. in Southgate,MI) and they won't PM because the sears ad doesn't include any descriptions under the games and they are holding on to the fact that AC5 is a different game because of the RP rating in the pic.

Scored one along with Armed & Dangerous and Unreal Championship in Orland Park this morning. Myself along with another gentleman were the first two that asked about the game so they gave a copy to each of us. They said they were going to check to see if any emails had been sent pointing out that this was a price mistake, but when I left the remainng 5 copies were still on the shelf by the rest of the games. Good luck!

Oh, and just a reminder: don't be an asshat and grab all the copies like some on fatwallet were doing. Let a fellow CAGer have a shot!

Well here is my update

I picked up a Armed & Dangerous...YES!.....and I picked up Ace Combat 4 no probs getting it for 4.99. Anyway the manager got on top of a table, and said aloud "We will not allow you to purchase this game for 4.99, we are very sorry and you may put in a complaint" I later managed to talk to an employee about this while checking out, and they responded with "we were forced to call and inform all stores in the area, and tell them of the misprint". So no chances of me getting a price match, oh well I did get A&D :D

[quote name='chrishicks']another update:

my wife is trying to get a PM along with a few other people at another Meijers(Fort St. in Southgate,MI) and they won't PM because the sears ad doesn't include any descriptions under the games and they are holding on to the fact that AC5 is a different game because of the RP rating in the pic.[/quote]

I also heard that some CC didn't PM because of the same reason, no product code under the image of AC5.

On a different topic, I was so focus on getting AC5 I didn't bother looking at the other games, Armed and Dangerous and Unreal sound interesting although I don't know how much time I will have to play them when I start on Halo 2...

Here's my update...

Sears gleefully price-adjusted the copy I bought Wednesday, no fuss no muss. While I was there I went ahead and picked up Rygar, Sega Tennis, Maximo 2 and Airforce Delta Strike for $5 each, too.

I also told a few soccer moms about CAG; apparently some people still pay $50 for games and then complain about it to strangers.

If you're ever in KC,MO swing by Independence Center and say hi to the Sears crew working in electronics. They went above the call on this one.

Well, I went in at 8:00. There weren't many people and all the $5 games were cleared out. I did find a copy of "Pacman Fever" buried under a small stack of "Ace Combat 4's." Hopefully the multiplayer is good. Anyone know? (the game got a 52% on gamerankings - yikes)

Strangely, the only other people looking at the games were old guys. :whistle2:k

The sales associate was very helpful and went in the back to look to see if there were anymore Dragon Ball Z's for GC (it's for a friend, not me, I hate DBZ). She wrote me a raincheck for that.

I went to the Sears in Middleburg Hts (OH). I read some people were going to Chapel Hill. Tell me if you got anything. Not that I'm planning on driving down, but just wondering.

Just wanted to thank the originator of the deal. I went to the Sears at the Mall of America when it opened at 7am and had no problems. There was a mom there doing the same thing. The kid on the register even mentioned that they'll probably ask him later why he sold them for that price but he said it was there problem for putting it in the ad. Probably didn't hurt that I had my two year old daughter with me so they just wanted to speed along the check out process. Thanks again Buster90. Hopefully someone can pricematch if you're around Minneapolis.

[quote name='dratsacras']Here's my update...

Sears gleefully price-adjusted the copy I bought Wednesday, no fuss no muss. While I was there I went ahead and picked up Rygar, Sega Tennis, Maximo 2 and Airforce Delta Strike for $5 each, too.

I also told a few soccer moms about CAG; apparently some people still pay $50 for games and then complain about it to strangers.

If you're ever in KC,MO swing by Independence Center and say hi to the Sears crew working in electronics. They went above the call on this one.[/quote]

I know I should have took that Maximo 2 off the rack to see if it was $4.99, but it was fastened to the rack. I ripped the rack off of the display for the game, but thought better about bringing it up to the register that way.

[quote name='phil6232']as I was leaving I said to the manager "Hey, you might want to lay off those donuts and brush your teeth once in a while" and left.[/quote]

I'm all for fitness and personal hygeine, but what good did this do you?

[quote name='bmarquardt'][quote name='phil6232']as I was leaving I said to the manager "Hey, you might want to lay off those donuts and brush your teeth once in a while" and left.[/quote]

I'm all for fitness and personal hygeine, but what good did this do you?[/quote]

The same good it did the TRU manager who stabbed my AC5. Just to vent.

Damn!

Looks like a trip back to Sears is in order.

[quote name='waxHead'][quote name='RavenHawk']Is Maximo 2 the "Army of Zin" one?[/quote]

yep, that's the one.[/quote]

I got 2 Armed & Dangerouses, a DBZ: Budokai, and a lovely surprise: Karaoke Revolution boxed with the headset for $12.48. 8)

I wanted Spyro, but I might head over to CC for a pricematch plus if they have it. Doubtful. Anybody want to trade for an Armed & Dangerous? Please don't offer UC...

wife is at TRU right now. her and another woman have been there for over 30min. the store is asking all kinds of questions. they want to know if sears has any in stock and if so, why don't they just go there and such. she said they want to call to check status on all titles listed in the ad. the other woman is raising hell I guess saying stuff like "why does it matter? would you prefer I take my business elsewhere?"

its not looking too good for TRU either.

Just to be curious I stopped by Sears to see what they actually had. No sign of Ace Combat 5 anywhere, so either they never got them in stock (they had a small-mediium size game department), took them off the shelves, or some asshat from fatwallet.com bought them all up. Anyway, I think they probably removed them from the shelves because I didn't see a place for it but they did have a lot of Ace Combat 4 and Ureal Championship PH for the sale. They also had a little section with the games in the add (minus AC5) so you didn't have to look all over to find the games. I also found one copy of Maximo Army of Zin but I remember I didn't like the demo too much so I left it for a CAG'r who would really want it. Sears also had a huge bin of games with pink tags that were all 50% off. It had a lot of sports games in it but also some gems like KOTOR, Buffy, Maximo, Midnight Club 2. BTW, this is at the Sears at Fair Oaks Mall in Northern VA.

I decided not to go to BB or CC to get a second PM for AC5. I feel that I'm fortunate to get Walmart to price match the $4.99 this morning and I wouldn't know what to do with the second copy anyway. Anyway, time to call it a day.

I would like to thank the OP for this topic. I picked up 2 A & Ds and PM'd one Ace Combat 5 at WalMart. They were sceptical about the price at first and saw the RP rating, but I still ended up buying it for $5. More $5 games at sears seem to be Deer Hunter (PS2) and Crazy Taxi (PS2) YMMV but I figured that I would mention them.

[quote name='phil6232'] as I was leaving I said to the manager "Hey, you might want to lay off those donuts and brush your teeth once in a while" and left.[/quote]

Just because someone turns down your scheme is no reason to get ugly . . . you just confirmed his refusual. Why should anyone give a break to a jerk. Take the high road whenever possible your attitude and behavior will come back to you.

I sat this one out . . . I'll get AC 5 next May (plus or minus???) for $10. There are so many other games to play right now it hardly matters.

But I do applaud all those who got one for $5 . . . many of you worked hard for the savings.

the day it went..

6am Went to walmart on coldwater road they were going to do it then some idoit fat dude had to weight 500 pounds had to stick his nose in it and said if your going to sell him i copy i want to buy all of them (around 40) so they called the manager and they said NO PRICE 0

630am Meijers on lima road: i feel sorry for the old dude working there who had the Gameboy package the idoits attacked him knocking the items out of his hands and then had the balls to Yell at him when all of them were gone. Had NO problem Price matching 2 ACE 5 PRICE 10

7am Sears This was a major joke 701 walk in and all the good games are wipped out was able to grab a copy of TEKKEN TAG and UNREAL CHAMPIONSHIP IF anyone wants to offer something for them let me know .... PRICE 10

8am Meijers on Illi. Road. Had 3 in hand but they would only let me get 1 NO PROBLEM Price matcing 1 ACE 5 and 1 PacMan fever
PRICE 10

9am Best buy at appleglen NO PROBLEM price matching 3 ACE5 games PRICE 15

10 Am other best buy the news broke that its a misprint and they wouldnt honor anymore Even though i had a BB recept showing they honor at the other place but they said too bad

10:11- now NO good at CC Toys r Us and Ebgames

TOTAL 7 ACE 5 games 1 PACMAN FEVER 1 TEKKEN TAG 1 UNREAL

Total spent 50 bucks

not bad for 10 gifts

Just got back from Sears, it was cutthroat. Last night I asked an employee to hold AC5 for me. As I picked up the game, everybody eye- balled me and threw negative comments my way. The jackass behind me said 'Hes not even 17.' I got out of there ASAP. Thanks for the deal OP.

Managed to price match it at Circuit City, and got Ace Combat 5 for 51 cents.

The cashier was really surprised, said he dosen't even own a ps2 but would definately get some for trade in credit (he knew it was a typo but honored it anyways), so I gave him the ad so he could pick up 1 or 2 :D

Can anyone post scans of Sears receipts with the $5 games? It seems like some Sears stores have more on sale than others, but they said they will PM if I can show receipts. I'm looking specifically for Rygar and Max 2. Thanks.

Went to sears, no sign of the game anywhere, then went to TRU across the street and had it rejected, the elderly lady was ready to give it to me till some seasonal teenage employee told her it was a misprint, then headed down the street to CC where i got it for a cool $.53.... :wink:

What exactly does the ad look like? I got a Sears ad yesterday, but no signs of games.... I even went to Sears today to try to find an ad with games in it.

I never got the ad. :( Where is it? What does it looklike, like the cover I mean? I looked through four different ads in the Sears store and none had it in there.

Just went to Sears here in Oregon, and they had signs everywhere in the electronic Area saying the ad for Ace Combat 5 was a mistake, and that it's for Ace Combat 4, I picked up 4 games at $4.99 each, but no Ace Combat 5 :(

[quote name='chrishicks']wife is at TRU right now. her and another woman have been there for over 30min. the store is asking all kinds of questions. they want to know if sears has any in stock and if so, why don't they just go there and such. she said they want to call to check status on all titles listed in the ad. the other woman is raising hell I guess saying stuff like "why does it matter? would you prefer I take my business elsewhere?"

its not looking too good for TRU either.[/quote]

Your wife sure must love you for going through all that for you....

I went to the Sears in Cedar Park, TX, just outside of Austin. Decided it would be better than fight the crowds in the city. Myself included there were only 5-6 people there waiting for the guy to tell us where the games were (none of the ones in the ad were anywhere to be found.)

They looked for a long time and tried scanning a few random games to see if they would come up as being on sale. I said to one of the guys waiting there with me, "I understand if they only have a few, but they cant have zero. They better sell us something for 4.99 or they're in trouble".

Then the employee who we had been trying to figure stuff out says, "OK, you can have anything in this bin for 4.99, limit 2." Before you could turn your head, I grabbed TWO copies of Metroid Prime 2, handed them $10.80 in exact change, and got my pretty ass out of there.

:rofl: Best Deal Ever \:D/

[quote name='MegaMan3k']I never got the ad. :( Where is it? What does it looklike, like the cover I mean? I looked through four different ads in the Sears store and none had it in there.[/quote]

yeah, i never got this joint either- how did you guys get it- maybe it will come in the sunday paper tomorrow? hope so...

My wife is going to stop by Sears later today to check it out but I'm sure they won't have anything left. The only game I'm even remotely interested in is Spyro (I only have a GC) but it won't break my heart if they don't have it.

I'm surprised this thread has reached 25 pgs considering the small amount of games that are available.

I went to my local Sears, checked to make sure it was there in the glass case (they had about 15) and grabbed a catalog. Told the cashier I wanted the game *points to catalog game* and the other cashier (he was like, a manager...) said "Oh, don't bother looking, I sold 15 of them the other day." I said "But, I just seen like, ten of them there..." He's like, "No, must have been the wrong game..." I showed the other cashier guy were they were, and he grabbed one for me. Of course, he was puzzled by the price and shook his head, but he said "Seems like this is a misprint or something, but I'll go ahead and give it to ya for $5.??". He said it shouldn't be that low, and he was going to change the price permanately.

I'm pissed, I can't find this damn ad anywhere. The only one I managed to find was the one with DVDS instead of games in it. I called Sears and the guy who worked in electroncis was acting like he was retarded. I am not for sure if the Sears BM even has the videogame ads or not...

So is the sale still going on, because the ad only says from 6 am to noon.

I might go later to score a Maximo 2, but I'm in no big rush.

[quote name='rawisjericho']I'm pissed, I can't find this damn ad anywhere. The only one I managed to find was the one with DVDS instead of games in it. I called Sears and the guy who worked in electroncis was acting like he was retarded. I am not for sure if the Sears BM even has the videogame ads or not...[/quote]

Thats what my Sears had in it too :cry: . Maybe they corrected the ad in some areas..

Hey Roufus. Can I get a scan of your
Circuit City Receipt? My Circuit City told me that they don't price match ads with "time constrictions". That the price had to be a "Normal" price.

To make a long story short, after goint to CC, Media Play, TRU, and 2 Sears, I finally got a price match at a very surprised, but very nice Meijer store. Still, I'd like to take proof of CC honoring the price match back to the store manager to let him no I'm not happy with their employee's service.

My grab for the day, Ace Combat 5, Armed and Dangerous, and Unreal Championship.

Just got back from Sears, but I didn't even try the Ace 5 deal. Instead I got Budokai (GC), Armed and Dangerous (XB), and Unreal (XB) for $5 each. They had a couple more: Tekken Tag (PS2), Rouge Squadron (GC), Spyro (PS2). There was a stack under the $5 games that the guy at the counter said were 50% off, but most were lame or ripoffs, but it may vary by store.

It was the Sears in Mountain View, CA and there are still quite a few copies left.

[quote name='Staind204'][quote name='rawisjericho']I'm pissed, I can't find this damn ad anywhere. The only one I managed to find was the one with DVDS instead of games in it. I called Sears and the guy who worked in electroncis was acting like he was retarded. I am not for sure if the Sears BM even has the videogame ads or not...[/quote]

Thats what my Sears had in it too :cry: . Maybe they corrected the ad in some areas..[/quote]

Yeah, same here. Just seems like this depends on your location whether you get the dvds or the games in the ad.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart'] Before you could turn your head, I grabbed TWO copies of Metroid Prime 2, handed them $10.80 in exact change, and got my pretty ass out of there.

:rofl: Best Deal Ever \:D/[/quote]

NICE. But when you guys hear this, you're gonna be pissed at me. You remember that bitch of a manager I dealt with? I called TRU today, just to let them know I was dissapointed in their service, and the head manager (not the one I dealt with yesterday...) said he'll mail me a $50 gift card!

He was like I don't care how much of a price difference it was, she still should've given you the game

sci-thumbsup.gif

No luck on SEARs, CC, BB or Walmart but I did score 2 copies after Pricematch with TRU :)

I plan to pickup extra 2 copies for friends but feel like i am ripping off the store.

bread's done
Back