Amazon/BestBuy: Guitar Hero Smash Hits $19.99 X360/PS3/Wii

TCBL

CAG Veteran
Amazon and Best Buy have just dropped their Guitar Hero Smash Hits prices to $19.99 (-$40 off retail price) for Xbox 360, Playstation 3, and Nintendo Wii:

ghsmashhits_bestbuy_1999.jpg

Check out this photo of Best Buy's Dec 06-12th ad.

The game is available for $19.99 for X360/PS3/Wii (-$40 off retail price).

How Guitar Hero 5, Band Hero and DJ Hero Owners Can Get Guitar Hero Smash Hits For $14.99

Included with some copies of Guitar Hero 5, Band Hero and DJ Hero is the following $5.00 off coupon, which brings the price down to $14.99:

ghsmashhits_5dollarsoff_coupon.jpg

Read Article: Guitar Hero Smash Hits Plunges to $19.99 for Xbox 360, PS3, Wii.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just ordered SH for PS3 off Amazon. Never played GH 1 & 2, and I really dig the track list...Rush, Pantera, Iron Maiden, Alice in Chains, Lamb of God, etc. Great deal! :)

[quote name='Fire_Thief']$10 at Best Buy.[/QUOTE]
For which system? Let's see some proof. Plenty of proof in my OP.

[quote name='Fire_Thief']$10 at Best Buy.[/QUOTE]

This could be YMMV. Read the coupon disclaimers...hence this could all ride on the mercy of individual managers.

"Markdowns taken from regular prices. Not valid on SALE PRICES and any other promotions except for Gamers Bonus Points. Items must be purchased on same receipt. Excludes video game hardware and accessories. Limit 3 of each title per offer. Valid on in-stock items only. Valid only at Best Buy stores in the USA (excluding Puerto Rico). Best Buy employees are not eligible on for this promotion. No dealers. No cash back. Offer valid blah blah blah"

[quote name='TCBL']For which system? Let's see some proof. Plenty of proof in my OP.[/QUOTE]

$10 off reward zone coupon starting tomorrow.

coupons have worked with sale prices in the past for Best Buy, so there's a good chance. YMMV but you could get it for $5 if they accept the DJ Hero coupon.

I remember people getting Quantum of Solace free back in the summer with the $20 off coupon when it was on sale for 9.99.

[quote name='Wario64']coupons have worked with sale prices in the past for Best Buy, so there's a good chance. YMMV but you could get it for $5 if they accept the DJ Hero coupon.[/QUOTE]
Yep, I picked up HH:BiA CE when it was on sale for $30 with the $20 off.

i picked up GH Smash Hits today and didnt know about the $10 off...can i take the coupon in with the receipt and have them refund me the difference?

Charting in SH is pretty bad imo, the original charts are much better, but that is just my opinion, plus some songs are shorter versions or have missing parts, like Psychobilly Freakout & Free Bird, and the charting for Woman is downright terrible, awww man.
:(
I cursed Beenox while playing the game lol.

I bought this when it was $25 during Amazon's Black Friday promotions. I wish I'd held out for a lower price (I'm usually pretty good about that with a lot of help from this forum).

[quote name='breakingcustoms']i picked up GH Smash Hits today and didnt know about the $10 off...can i take the coupon in with the receipt and have them refund me the difference?[/QUOTE]

Just do a price adjustment. I've done it before and they had no problem with it. If they do have a problem just return it, walk to the game section, pick up a different GH: SH and buy that one.

Hmm if this can be had for $10 I might have to bite on it but I don't have the full band set. I just have the guitar and hate how guitar hero is trying to be rock band, that's what rock band is for.

[quote name='DarkRider23']Just do a price adjustment. I've done it before and they had no problem with it. If they do have a problem just return it, walk to the game section, pick up a different GH: SH and buy that one.[/QUOTE]

nice, will they honor both the $10 off coupon, and then one of those $5 off ones that comes with other GH games?

[quote name='breakingcustoms']nice, will they honor both the $10 off coupon, and then one of those $5 off ones that comes with other GH games?[/QUOTE]

Isn't the $5 one a rebate you have to mail in?

[quote name='FadeToOne']Isn't the $5 one a rebate you have to mail in?[/QUOTE]
Nope, it is a regular in-store coupon with a bar code. The mail-in offer with Guitar Hero 5 was for a free copy of GH Van Halen.

[quote name='Chlorox']Man this is lame I'm all ready to go to best buy and still no coupon...[/QUOTE]

I just went in and picked up a copy of the Gaming Insider they have which on the last page shows what the reward zone coupons are supposed to be and took it and the game to the svc desk (after having spoke to the csr in the game section) and advised them that the coupons were supposed to be on the site today but weren't. She happily rang it up and subtracted the $10. So GH Smash Hits for $9.99 plus tax. She even commented that she had paid much more and was going to PM her purchase to get the difference back.

Unusually easy transaction for Best Buy. I was actually shocked.

[quote name='sniper308']I just went in and picked up a copy of the Gaming Insider they have which on the last page shows what the reward zone coupons are supposed to be and took it and the game to the svc desk (after having spoke to the csr in the game section) and advised them that the coupons were supposed to be on the site today but weren't. She happily rang it up and subtracted the $10. So GH Smash Hits for $9.99 plus tax. She even commented that she had paid much more and was going to PM her purchase to get the difference back.

Unusually easy transaction for Best Buy. I was actually shocked.[/QUOTE]

Good to know I'll give it a shot after class today!

Bleargh. I checked in yesterday and my local Best Buy was out of stock on 360 Smash Hits. -.- On the plus side that means i can shoot for 10$ SH, but on the minus side I have to wait till Wednesday or so for it to get back in stock. ><

That said, Smash Hits for 10$ is definitely a deal i would grab. They did a pretty good job (imo) of song selection, though I am a little worried about how some of the re-charts might turn out. =\

I tried doing the magazine thing and it was a no go the manager claimed they needed the coupons and I would be getting to good of a deal so he wouldn't do it for me. The 2 people at customer service claimed they never heard of such a thing. Bought 2 copies anyway so I'll return/rebuy or just flat out return.

Well the magazine was a no go at my local bby also but the CSR told me he knew of the deal and I would have no problem coming back with the coupon to get the deal. I picked up a copy for ps3 and will return before it expires.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Nope, it is a regular in-store coupon with a bar code. The mail-in offer with Guitar Hero 5 was for a free copy of GH Van Halen.[/QUOTE]

Hmm, you are correct... it sure is a barcode. And here I bought for $25 on Amazon thinking I'd get $5 off on a rebate... oh well.

I checked out the "Save $10 on select games" Reward Zone program coupon. It mentioned on the coupon the following " Not Valid on sale prices and any other promotions except for Gamers Bonus Points". I was going to try it on the Guitar Hero Smash Hits For $19.99 on sale this week and only $10 after coupon. I still might give it a try tomorrow.

I was able to use the $10 RWZ coupon as i have always done in the past, no override necessary and then i used the $5 Guitar Hero insert coupon and got the game for a grand total of $4.99

[quote name='Layd Dly']I was able to use the $10 RWZ coupon as i have always done in the past, no override necessary and then i used the $5 Guitar Hero insert coupon and got the game for a grand total of $4.99[/QUOTE]

Worked in Gainesville, FL.

Only got the $10 coupon to work. Cashier said I can only use one of the coupons. Whatever, $10 for the game is fine by me.

[quote name='Layd Dly']I was able to use the $10 RWZ coupon as i have always done in the past, no override necessary and then i used the $5 Guitar Hero insert coupon and got the game for a grand total of $4.99[/QUOTE]

Dang, I may have to do this! Got DJ Hero as an early Christmas gift. I'd definitely bite for $5-10. :)

I used the BB RW $10 coupon first and then handed over the $5 manufacturer's coupon. The cashier said that the manufacturer's coupon might not work but he tried it and it did work. FYI, the BB coupon was used before tax and the manufacturer coupon was used after. I don't know if it makes a difference but maybe certain stores will only accept it that way.

bread's done
Back