Amazon BOGO on selected HD DVDs

So I saw the items I wanted were back, and went to place my order..

It was showing two barbie princess laptops in my cart that i never added let alone did I search for or see this page before

Has anyone ever had random things like that appear in their carts?

Im thinking of picking up the Two Mummys, and kinda want Dante's Peak but dont' know what else to get with Dante

I got my 6 movies today via amazon prime

Serenity
Traffic
Hot Fuzz
Breach
Knocked Up
Evan Almighty

6 movies for a cool 68 bucks. Thanks OP and CAG!

[quote name='MrDubbs']So I saw the items I wanted were back, and went to place my order..

It was showing two barbie princess laptops in my cart that i never added let alone did I search for or see this page before

Im thinking of picking up the Two Mummys, and kinda want Dante's Peak but dont' know what else to get with Dante[/quote]

Do you live by yourself? Maybe someone you live with did it?

[quote name='spydey']Do you live by yourself? Maybe someone you live with did it?[/quote]

naw I don't live by myself, but I'm the only one who uses this computer, the other person has their own computer

[quote name='anomynous']Or it's not a good movie. It's overhyped and boring.

See, it's called opinons........[/QUOTE]
Except it's not overhyped at all. Hey, I have no problem with someone not liking the movie because I know not everyone has the same taste. But calling a movie like Children of Men bad or overrated is just not correct. You did not like it, fair enough. I have no problem with someone saying they didn't like the movie. That doesn't make it overrated or overhyped. It deserved all the praise it received.

I guess I just watch movies differently (I am a film major, so I know I can be a pain in the ass when it comes to this subject). This isn't the thread to really discuss this and I don't want to take it off topic. So again, I'll just say that my opinion is that Children of Men is a fantastic film worth owning.

[quote name='msu89dawgs']Looks like all 39 original movies are back up on the list again...[/quote]Oh heck yeah. Traffic and Fear and Loathing Ordered.

[quote name='Cable387']Except it's not overhyped at all. Hey, I have no problem with someone not liking the movie because I know not everyone has the same taste. But calling a movie like Children of Men bad or overrated is just not correct. You did not like it, fair enough. I have no problem with someone saying they didn't like the movie. That doesn't make it overrated or overhyped. It deserved all the praise it received.

I guess I just watch movies differently (I am a film major, so I know I can be a pain in the ass when it comes to this subject). This isn't the thread to really discuss this and I don't want to take it off topic. So again, I'll just say that my opinion is that Children of Men is a fantastic film worth owning.[/QUOTE]

I personally loved it for the film-making aspects along with the story. All of those rediculously long 3 minute plus scenes without a single camera cut were an absolutely amazing feat. The big battle sequence towards the end of the movie is worth the price of the disc alone if you ask me. But hey, I absolutely hate the Harry Potter movies you all are buying up left and right, so its all a matter of opinion. To each their own.

To get back on topic... I picked up Breach and Traffic after much deliberation. I'm saying now that those are the last movies I'm buying for quite a while since I've got 19 movies on my shelf that haven't even seen the inside of a player yet, nine of which aren't even opened.

[quote name='MrDubbs']So I saw the items I wanted were back, and went to place my order..

Im thinking of picking up the Two Mummys, and kinda want Dante's Peak but dont' know what else to get with Dante[/quote]

If you like the two Mummy's I recommend Van Helsing.

[quote name='munch']I ordered the first two Potter films to see if I like them. I am enjoying the books right now.[/quote]

I didn't care for the first two that much, they were just O.K. so you might not want to judge the series by them. The latter movies are much darker and seem to be geared towards an older viewer, I liked them much more. My wife says the books are like that.

all the HD-DVDs i ordered from this deal were shipped today with FREE Saver shipping.

Has anyone compared the HD HP's to the original DVD's (upconverted)? I'm thinking about getting the first two, but already own them on regular DVD.

Thanks! : )

[quote name='Shan82']Has anyone compared the HD HP's to the original DVD's (upconverted)? I'm thinking about getting the first two, but already own them on regular DVD.

Thanks! : )[/quote]

There was a web site (dvdbeaver?) that did the standard def with upconvert vs high def comparison for HP 5 - Order of Phoenix.. clearly the high def wins.. awesome pics there.

[quote name='cagfansub']There was a web site (dvdbeaver?) that did the standard def with upconvert vs high def comparison for HP 5 - Order of Phoenix.. clearly the high def wins.. awesome pics there.[/QUOTE]

I could've sworn I read somewhere that the first couple of HP movies in HD aren't that big of a difference over the upscaled DVD versions, but that the HD quality goes way up starting about with the third film.

[quote name='Scobie']I could've sworn I read somewhere that the first couple of HP movies in HD aren't that big of a difference over the upscaled DVD versions, but that the HD quality goes way up starting about with the third film.[/quote]

That's completely untrue. The first one isn't quite up to par with the next four but they are all still unbelievable in hi def.

Since I'm currently HD less (but hopefully not for much longer) I bit on Knocked Up and Children of Men. Both are Combos , Already seen Children of men and thought it was great , and was planning on getting Knocked Up soon anyway. Thought about getting Hot Fuzz and Fearless (the only other Combos that looked worth getting) but I'm holding off for now.

[quote name='StarKnightX']...and was planning on getting Knocked Up soon anyway.[/quote]

!!!

well, as long as you already had plans. congrats!

[quote name='allyourblood']!!!

well, as long as you already had plans. congrats![/QUOTE]

:applause: :booty: :rofl:

Well hardy har har , got any other good ones jokes on ya or is that the best you can come up with?:roll:

Referring to Knocked Up can lead to so many great akward moments. "I went to Best Buy earlier and got Knocked Up..." ect.

Anyway, my two movies showed up today, which I wasn't expecting at all. Amazon has apparently gotten back on the ball as far as shipping stuff out because my free shipping got here in the same time it would have taken with prime!

I also got a movie from best buy that they mistakenly shipped me after I cancelled nearly a week ago, so its a bittersweet shipping day. haha

I got my first order today. Hot Fuzz and Fearless. Watched Fearless on the 360 add on and it made some weird noises from time to time. Also, 2 parts near the end came to a screeching halt. I took out the disc each time, and it looked immaculate. Put the movie back in, and it played through each part no problem. Is there any chance combo discs are more prone to issues? Only other combos I've watched are Knocked up and the 1st hour of Hot Fuzz and neither had any issues.

MjC

[quote name='MCalvert1']I got my first order today. Hot Fuzz and Fearless. Watched Fearless on the 360 add on and it made some weird noises from time to time. Also, 2 parts near the end came to a screeching halt. I took out the disc each time, and it looked immaculate. Put the movie back in, and it played through each part no problem. Is there any chance combo discs are more prone to issues? Only other combos I've watched are Knocked up and the 1st hour of Hot Fuzz and neither had any issues.

MjC[/QUOTE]

I've only had one problem with an HD-DVD and that was Children of Men back when it first came out. Lots of people have complained about combo discs on the various forums I've been to.

Amazon will replace the movie if you're not satisfied with it no problem though, so you've got nothing to worry about.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']If you like the two Mummy's I recommend Van Helsing.[/quote]

Wait a sec, you dissed Children of Men on the last page and are recommending the craptacular VAN HELSING on this one? Oy vey.

I know, I know, opinions are like....;)

I was real tempted to pick up Knocked Up and something else but now that they raised the price fuggedaboutit. Bring on the next BD BOGO.

[quote name='xcoax']I've only had one problem with an HD-DVD and that was Children of Men back when it first came out. Lots of people have complained about combo discs on the various forums I've been to.

Amazon will replace the movie if you're not satisfied with it no problem though, so you've got nothing to worry about.[/QUOTE]

Oh I'm sure they will, but I'm wondering if that will have any effect. Like, is it almost certainly this disc pressing, and not a general bug/glitch with the HD-DVD drive?

MjC

usually if you just wash the combo disc with handsoap/dishsoap and water and it works... i've never had a problem with a combo and have a lot of them. Its not a bug/glitch but more or less its production and some crap gets left on the discs. I've had the problem too with the grease on BD's and they skip like crazy but once they get washed its all good.

[quote name='lawdood']Wait a sec, you dissed Children of Men on the last page and are recommending the craptacular VAN HELSING on this one? Oy vey.

I know, I know, opinions are like....;)

I was real tempted to pick up Knocked Up and something else but now that they raised the price fuggedaboutit. Bring on the next BD BOGO.[/quote]

Totally different situation...I said, if he likes the Mummy and Mummy Returns, he will like Van Helsing...they're pretty much the same genre.

[quote name='duckydan']usually if you just wash the combo disc with handsoap/dishsoap and water and it works... i've never had a problem with a combo and have a lot of them. Its not a bug/glitch but more or less its production and some crap gets left on the discs. I've had the problem too with the grease on BD's and they skip like crazy but once they get washed its all good.[/QUOTE]

I guess it can't hurt to give that a try. I don't see any particles on either side of the disc, but a thin layer of filmy grease or something might be invisible to the eye. Thanks duckydan.

MjC

[quote name='Josehaha60']lol death to hd dvd ![/quote]

Not the place for this. You've been a real nuisance ever since you showed up on these forums.

I ended up getting 8 movies from this deal. I just noticed that there is a BOGO on BlueRay right now. I don't have a BR, but I thought I would see what movies they have in the offer. DAMN they have a ton of movies. This really pisses me off. I want 4 pages of offers. Oh well. Got my 8 and looking forward to the next deal.

[quote name='munch']There are a shit ton more for BD than HD DVD.[/QUOTE]

Yeah a good portion are the BR rebate movies thought so keep that in mind. I didnt find anything that I had to have on the new BR sale...

bread's done
Back