Amazon PCDD $15 Walking Dead, $10 TERA ($15 CE) + BOGO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

NOTE: Preorder information is now in the second post of this thread.

War of the Roses - 10% off + free upgrade to House of York edition.

Deal of the week 9/16-9/22:

The Walking Dead (PC/MAC): $14.99 - Steam
Tera Standard Edition: $9.99 + $9.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend
Tera Collector's Edition: $14.99 + $14.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend

Please check out our newly launched Free-to-Play store when you get a moment!

I wanted to let you all know about some exciting new selection we just launched supported by a new technology.

As of today, Amazon.com will be offering Free to Play and MMO games that you can purchase virtual goods, currencies, and subscriptions for on Amazon.com. These purchases will be delivered directly into your game account. We're calling this new service Game Connect.

Amazon has teamed up with our launch partners to bring Amazon customers exclusive content and bonus offers for the opening of the Free to Play store. Here is some of the cool stuff you'll get just for linking your Amazon account with a game account:

Super MNC: Customers who link their Amazon account with a Super MNC account will receive an exclusive Team Spirit Assault Rifle. This weapon for the Assault Pro has a unique, team colored, metal barrel shroud and is only available through Amazon.

Stronghold Kingdoms: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Stronghold Kingdoms account will receive a starter pack valued at $10. This pack includes: 10 packs of strategy cards (50 cards), 100 card points, and a 7 day premium token (7 days of Premium).

Shin Megami Tensei: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Shin Megami Tensei account will receive a free Incense of Training. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive a voucher (Candle), which is exchangeable for a Heart Candle Necklace. Customers who reach level 20 during the 12 week launch period, they will receive another voucher (Depository Rental Ticket).

Rise of Immortals: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rise of Immortals account will receive a free character bundle. This exclusive bundle includes Karapyss and his alternate character skins Scarab and Pirate.

BattleSpace: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a BattleSpace account will receive 100 honor medals. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive Commander Alya. Customers who reach level 10 before October 6th, will receive an additional 100 honor medals and ship parts set (α x20, β x4, γ x2).

Iron Grip: Marauders: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Iron Grip: Marauders account will be given a booster pack containing 5000 Gold, 2000 iron, repair truck level 2, ambulance level 2, and a tri-scout Level 1.

Allods: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Allods account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes: 4x Token of the Explorer that can be brought to the Goblin Banker in your faction's capital in exchange for an increase in the size of the customer’s bag or bank deposit box, a Medium Bag of Crystal Chips that, combined with Gold Dust in-game, allow customers to combine/upgrade runes that increase damage/healing, and an Enchanted Saddle that summons a Rank 1 horse mount.

Pirate Galaxy: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pirate Galaxy account will receive a Rapid Tank Starter Ship and 1,500 Energy to fuel the best items available.

Fiesta: Customers who purchase SparkCash to use in Fiesta will receive a 30-day swift and mighty Dark Pegasus Mount.

8BitMMO: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an 8BitMMO account will receive three, exclusive, brand-new hats. These hats are a Cowboy Hat, a Blue Baseball Cap, and a Duck. Link your account and start your 8 bit adventure today.

Aika: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Aika account will receive an exclusive starter package valued at $15. This pack includes a Mount and Mount Saddle. Use the mount to travel far distances in half the time and resist environmental damages. Use the Mount Saddle to lower the requirement to ride other mounts.

Knights of the Sky: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Knights of the Sky account will receive a free Happy Hour, which increases the likelihood of recruiting better Heroes. Purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon and receive a free Labor Decree, which increases Construction queues from 3 to 5, or purchase 35,000 crowns or more and receive an exclusive free Hero (valid on first purchase only). Reach level 20 before October 6th, and receive 6 items that increase resource gain by 25%. Start playing today.

Rappelz: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rappelz. account will get an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes a Stamina Saver that stops stamina from decreasing for 1 hour, an Animal Cracker used to earn 50% more EXP for 1 hour, a Pet Resurrection Spell book that resurrects pets instantly after a fall in battle, a Feather of Summon which instantly summons a friend to aide in battle, and a Hidden Village Pass that gives 7 days of access to the exclusive Hidden Village.

Luvinia: Customers who make any purchase of SparkCash to use in Luvinia will receive a 30-day Flying Griffin Mount.

Flyff: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Flyff account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This package contains a Magic Broom that allows customers to start flying immediately, bypassing the level 20 requirement, an S Protect Gift Box which will allow customers to upgrade an item to create stronger stats right from the start, a random Gift Box that contains something special, a Police Outfit, and a Kitty Pet to help collect loot.

Steel Legions: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a NEW Steel Legions account will receive one of three different, fully equipped premium tanks.

Pandora Saga: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pandora Saga account will receive a Beginner Gear set. Customers who purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon will receive Recipe: Wing Shield Vol. 1 (first time purchasers only). Customers who reach Level 20 before October 6th will receive a horse mount.

And that's just the free stuff you get with linking.

We're also carrying the games below and offering Amazon exclusive in-game packs for each game which provide a higher value than normal virtual good purchases.

World of Tanks: Customers can purchase three different Amazon-exclusive World of Tanks packs: Starter Pack, Advanced Pack, and Expert Pack.

Runescape: Customers who purchase a 90 or 180 day membership package for Runescape will receive an exclusive Golden Katana.

War Inc. Battle Zone: Customers are able to purchase three different War Inc. Battle Zone Amazon exclusive packs: the Merc Pack, Heroic Pack, and Kill Em All Pack

Pre-Order Borderlands 2 from us for 10% off and help me get a tattoo! Yes it activates on Steam!

I am a huge Borderlands 2 fan and I want this to be our best selling pre-order ever. So I've drawn a line in the sand. If, from now until launch, we take 40,000 more preorders than where we were on 7/2/2012 I will get a Borderlands tattoo on my back.

Last edited by a moderator:
FYI for those curious about next week's deals:

We'll have the 1C catalog on sale for $5 each +BOGO so $2.49 effective price per game.

• Whirlwind of Vietnam

• 4X4 Hummer

• Men of War Red Tide

• NecroVision

• RignRoll

• Men of War

• Penumbra Collection

• Kings Bounty the Legend

• Freight Tycoon Inc.

• Streets of Moscow

• Men Of War: Assault Squad

• Men of War: Assault Squad DLC Pack

• RC Cars

• UFO Aftermath

• Cryostasis

• Space Rangers 2: Reboot

• Theatre of War 2: Kursk 1943

• King's Bounty: Platinum Edition (The Legend & Armored Princess & Crossworlds)

• Alien Shooter II - Vengeance

• World War 1

• Death to Spies: Moment of Truth

• UFO Trilogy

• UFO: Afterlight

• Star Wolves 2

• King's Bounty: Armored Princess

• Planet Alcatraz

• UFO Aftershock

• Cuban Missile Crisis Ice Crusade

• Cuban Missile Crisis

• King's Bounty: Game of the Year Edition (Armored Princess & Crossworlds)

• Fantasy Wars

• Men of War: Vietnam - Standard Edition

• The Tomorrow War

• Men of War: Vietnam - Special Edition

• Konung 3: Ties of the Dynasty

• Men of War: Assault Squad - Game of the Year Edition

• Star Wolves

• NecroVisioN Lost Company

• Red Shark

• King's Bounty: Crossworlds - Expansion

• A-Race: Extreme Show

• Mortyr

• Konung 2

• Theatre of War 2: Battle for Caen - Expansion

• Theatre of War 2 Africa 1943

• Theatre of War 2 Centauro

• Korea - Forgotten Conflict

• You Are Empty

• Real Warfare: 1242

• Swashbucklers

• A Farewell to Dragons

• Theatre of War

• Vivisector -The Beast Within

• Fairy Tale

• GM Rally

• Desert Law

• XIII Century Gold Edition

• AIM 2

• Star Wolves 3 - Civil War

• XIII Century: Blood of Europe

• Timothy

• A.I.M.

• Reign: Conflict of Nations

• Death Track: Resurrection

• $$$$a: The Mystery of Janatris

• XIII Century - Death or Glory

• Creature Conflict: The Clan Wars

• Space Rangers

• Cannon Strike

• Dawn of Magic 2

• Fairy Tale

• Theatre of War 3: Korea

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']
  • Dawn of Magic 2

[/QUOTE]
So people know, that game was re-titled Time of Shadows when it was published here in the USA at retail, for some reason...

@Tony
Any idea what the DRM on Dawn of Magic 2 (AKA Time of Shadows) is?

Is King's Bounty: Platinum Edition really going to be $5 and then I can get another game for free because of the coupon. If so, I am all over this deal.

[quote name='UW_Shocks']Deals look awesome Tony! I'll will definitely pickup a few of these games! I'm really liking the $5 BOGO deals![/QUOTE]

Woohoo!! Glad to hear it :)

[quote name='MysterD']So people know, that game was re-titled Time of Shadows when it was published here in the USA at retail, for some reason...

@Tony
Any idea what the DRM on Dawn of Magic 2 (AKA Time of Shadows) is?[/QUOTE]

Not sure on the DRM, will check.

[quote name='Cojack426']Is King's Bounty: Platinum Edition really going to be $5 and then I can get another game for free because of the coupon. If so, I am all over this deal.[/QUOTE]

It will be, hope you're excited!

Cheers,
Tony

I'm just gonna say this now - King's Bounty: The Legend is really good.
I ain't got to the other 2 games b/c...I never finished KB: The Legend.

So, yeah - definitely worth getting KB: Platinum Edition, so you have the whole thing [KB: The Legend + Armored Princess + Crossworlds], if you like any of the games in the series.

Not sure about KB series?

Try out the FREE Armored Princess DEMO on Amazon DVG or Steam.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Any chance of a Complete pack or mini packs for certain games?[/QUOTE]

Probably not, the games are already $2.50 a pop, in some cases even less like the KB Plat, that's 2 games for $1.25 each. A bigger pack would be like less than $1 per game lol.

[quote name='MysterD']I'm just gonna say this now - King's Bounty: The Legend is really good.
I ain't got to the other 2 games b/c...I never finished KB: The Legend.

So, yeah - definitely worth getting KB: Platinum Edition, so you have the whole thing [KB: The Legend + Armored Princess + Crossworlds], if you like any of the games in the series.

Not sure about KB series?

Try out the FREE Armored Princess DEMO on Amazon DVG or Steam.[/QUOTE]

I agree, this is one of my favorite series...ever.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Probably not, the games are already $2.50 a pop, in some cases even less like the KB Plat, that's 2 games for $1.25 each. A bigger pack would be like less than $1 per game lol.

I agree, this is one of my favorite series...ever.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

No prob, I was just asking for others. I got the 1C Complete Pack from gamers gate last week for 20 bucks so I was wondering if Amazon was going to have something similar (but I do understand GG is international so they can probably offer them much cheaper).

[quote name='thegreatest']Can't say I'm as excited as usual about these deals, but deals are deals (even if they aren't for me). I can't complain![/QUOTE]

Totally hear you, I can tell you I'll be picking up the Space Wolves Series as I have the KB and MoW games that I want.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']No prob, I was just asking for others. I got the 1C Complete Pack from gamers gate last week for 20 bucks so I was wondering if Amazon was going to have something similar (but I do understand GG is international so they can probably offer them much cheaper).[/QUOTE]

Wow...I didn't realize that deal occurred, thats nuts lol.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']
Wow...I didn't realize that deal occurred, thats nuts lol.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Yeah, there were about 80+ games in that pack IIRC. Not sure how much interest there will be here for the 1C amazon sale, a lot of CAGs bought the 1C collection from gamersgate. It was even cheaper if you got the permanent 15% discount from IGN Prime lol, made it $17.

[quote name='sunghost']Yeah, there were about 80+ games in that pack IIRC. Not sure how much interest there will be here for the 1C amazon sale, a lot of CAGs bought the 1C collection from gamersgate. It was even cheaper if you got the permanent 15% discount from IGN Prime lol, made it $17.[/QUOTE]

Can't believe I missed that, adding it to my tracker for future notes on promos. That IGN Prime discount is crazy, I'd be interested to know how many people are converting to paid customers.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Can't believe I missed that, adding it to my tracker for future notes on promos. That IGN Prime discount is crazy, I'd be interested to know how many people are converting to paid customers.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that deal is one of the best I've seen ever. I already played Rig N Roll and am loving it. The thing about the IGN discount is when you had the trial you could just apply the code to your gamersgate account and then you will permanently have a 15% discount attached to your account even after ending your Prime trial. Personally I am waiting until they have a great deal (like last years Battlefield promo) before signing up for a year of prime. With the freebie and the monthly free game the sub is worth it IMO.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Can't believe I missed that, adding it to my tracker for future notes on promos. That IGN Prime discount is crazy, I'd be interested to know how many people are converting to paid customers.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

I would not complain if there was an Amazon Prime discount for games. Just sayin' :p

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Yeah, that deal is one of the best I've seen ever. I already played Rig N Roll and am loving it. The thing about the IGN discount is when you had the trial you could just apply the code to your gamersgate account and then you will permanently have a 15% discount attached to your account even after ending your Prime trial. Personally I am waiting until they have a great deal (like last years Battlefield promo) before signing up for a year of prime. With the freebie and the monthly free game the sub is worth it IMO.[/QUOTE]

They usually have good games for free games of the month, like Rochard and cool betas, although depending on your location one might not get to enjoy all of them. The last months seem to have been quieter on the good deals from them, but yeah, I'm also waiting for a good incentive to hop on board.

Re: King's Bounty series. If you liked The Legend you'll like Armored Princess. Game play is almost exactly the same save for a few improvements. Crossroads is more of a mini-expansion pack to AP so while you have to install both you'll only launch Crossroads and play the AP campaign from it. That said, buying the Platinum pack combined with another game making them effectively $2.50 each is a crazy good deal.

Also, re: Space Rangers 2 the publisher recently announced there is going to be an HD remake that will include some additional content. No idea when it will be released but in the event you were thinking about getting it you might want to hold out until the HD version. Sorry to dampen a few sales~

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Actually IGN Prome discount didn't cost me anything. There was a one week free IGN Prime signup, got 2-3 free games and the Gamersgate 15% off for IGN is permanent so it is still working for me although I don't have IGN Prime membership anymore :D

Which games from 1C are registerable on Steam if any ?

[quote name='r9800pro']

Which games from 1C are registerable on Steam if any ?[/QUOTE]

Almost positive the answer is none -- 1C has never used Steamworks as DRM.

[quote name='Mooby']Almost positive the answer is none -- 1C has never used Steamworks as DRM.[/QUOTE]

Well they did with The Witcher 2 but that is only for the Russian region as they don't have the rights to publish it elsewhere. Hopefully some of their future international releases will use Steamworks.

[quote name='kaydigi']Did Crysis 1 ever win deal of the weekend?[/QUOTE]

The voting runs through next week and the winner goes into effect next thursday-monday.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='ev768']Did you ever get a response about Just Cause 2?[/QUOTE]

Everything Just Cause 2 is 75% off on gamersgate now. The game is Steamworks, so no matter where you buy it Steam is required. I picked up my missing DLCs and that makes my JC2 complete!

[quote name='pantsattack']Everything Just Cause 2 is 75% off on gamersgate now. The game is Steamworks, so no matter where you buy it Steam is required. I picked up my missing DLCs and that makes my JC2 complete![/QUOTE]
Yeah, I'm aware of that sale. Amazon had it for $2.49 before and I have credit at Amazon, so I'd rather buy it from them.

Kind of off topic but I bought The Witcher 2 back in January during that sale and never managed to get a working download of it. Now that it rereleased I keep getting annoyed at my nonworking digital copy. Did anyone ever figure out how to fix it?

[quote name='poisonedsodapop']Kind of off topic but I bought The Witcher 2 back in January during that sale and never managed to get a working download of it. Now that it rereleased I keep getting annoyed at my nonworking digital copy. Did anyone ever figure out how to fix it?[/QUOTE]

Why not take your Game Key from Amazon DVG and register it up on GOG?
Do that - then, go DL it from GOG directly.

Plus, register it up on GOG, you will ALSO get ALL kinds of goodies and extras, too - Soundtrack MP3, Manual PDF, Wallpapers, Pics of Triss, Comic Book PDF, etc etc.

+1 on going through GOG for TW2. Plus I don't even know if Amazon got the EE for those who already own it to distribute and even if you manage to get the standard edition working, the update patch on thewitcher.com has been known to have issues. Better to download the whole updated thing from scratch from GOG.

[quote name='ev768']Yeah, I'm aware of that sale. Amazon had it for $2.49 before and I have credit at Amazon, so I'd rather buy it from them.[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing it was a once a year price.

[quote name='Motoki']+1 on going through GOG for TW2. Plus I don't even know if Amazon got the EE for those who already own it to distribute and even if you manage to get the standard edition working, the update patch on thewitcher.com has been known to have issues. Better to download the whole updated thing from scratch from GOG.[/QUOTE]

You could get the files for a manual install of the TW2:EE Update.

FULL Manual Install
You'd have to basically DL all 36-core files and put them in the same folder somewhere [i.e. C:\My Documents\TW2EEUpdateInstaller].
For the Language Packs, you just DL ALL of the pieces for each language you want to DL [Part 0 is the EXE needed for installing the packs; rest are the audio files] and throw them in the same folder somewhere [i.e. C:\My Documents\TW2EEUpdateInstaller].
Then, you run File 0 from the core files -> TW2EE_patch.EXE.
Then, wait 20 minutes or more for the install.

For those who PRE-LOADED and then had issues updating...
If you have pre-loaded the files, you basically needed to re-download Files 0, 1, and 2 from the core part of the 36-part download - b/c Files 1 and 2 were corrupt on the pre-load.
For the Language Packs, you just DL ALL of the pieces for each language you want to DL [Part 0 is the EXE needed for installing the specific language packs; rest are the audio files].
Then, wait 20 minutes or more for the install.

[quote name='MysterD']Why not take your Game Key from Amazon DVG and register it up on GOG?

Plus, register it up on GOG, you will ALSO get ALL kinds of goodies and extras, too - Soundtrack MP3, Manual PDF, Wallpapers, Pics of Triss, Comic Book PDF, etc etc.[/QUOTE]

Thanks to everyone about the suggestion! I was kinda moody about it but been busy with college never got around to bothering with it. Now I'll be able to play through both games once I'm done. Backlog has been building up, need to get it down some before all these new games come out!

[quote name='UW_Shocks']I'm guessing it was a once a year price.[/QUOTE]
They've dropped it to that price more than once in the last 6 months. Also Tony said that he would try.

There is really no other reason not to get the witcher 2 upgrade from gog for free. You get the fully patched up game, drm free, and a tons of extra goodies.

Enter your cd key and bam, download away. Very painless process.

[quote name='kosmos13x']there is really no other reason not to get the witcher 2 upgrade from gog for free. You get the fully patched up game, drm free, and a tons of extra goodies.

Enter your cd key and bam, download away. Very painless process.[/quote]

this!

Hey Tony,

I hate to bug you again, but it's has been around a week since I heard anything. Did you ever receive a follow up from EA about the Dragon Age: Origins codes for mac not working? Like I said, I am sorry to keep asking, but I would like to play the game, and I know that the problem is on EA's end. However, my support email to EA was never responded to, so you're kinda my only hope on actually playing this game.

Thanks for all you do!
DR

[quote name='kosmos13x']There is really no other reason not to get the witcher 2 upgrade from gog for free. You get the fully patched up game, drm free, and a tons of extra goodies.

Enter your cd key and bam, download away. Very painless process.[/QUOTE]

I actually didn't know about it until today. Guess I picked a good time to want to be annoyed about my Amazon version not working? Downloading Diablo 3 beta right now otherwise I'd download it.

[quote name='ev768']Yeah, I'm aware of that sale. Amazon had it for $2.49 before and I have credit at Amazon, so I'd rather buy it from them.[/QUOTE]

OK, I hope you get what you want. True CAG!

[quote name='ev768']Did you ever get a response about Just Cause 2?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='pantsattack']Everything Just Cause 2 is 75% off on gamersgate now. The game is Steamworks, so no matter where you buy it Steam is required. I picked up my missing DLCs and that makes my JC2 complete![/QUOTE]

We're working on this, I can tell you that the next JC2 sale will likely be $2.99 in May, still hashing it out though.

[quote name='poisonedsodapop']Kind of off topic but I bought The Witcher 2 back in January during that sale and never managed to get a working download of it. Now that it rereleased I keep getting annoyed at my nonworking digital copy. Did anyone ever figure out how to fix it?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='MysterD']Why not take your Game Key from Amazon DVG and register it up on GOG?

Plus, register it up on GOG, you will ALSO get ALL kinds of goodies and extras, too - Soundtrack MP3, Manual PDF, Wallpapers, Pics of Triss, Comic Book PDF, etc etc.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Motoki']+1 on going through GOG for TW2. Plus I don't even know if Amazon got the EE for those who already own it to distribute and even if you manage to get the standard edition working, the update patch on thewitcher.com has been known to have issues. Better to download the whole updated thing from scratch from GOG.[/QUOTE]

Regarding TW2, we're still in the process of getting an agreement to distribute it again since it changed hands a few months ago.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Dark Rider']Hey Tony,

I hate to bug you again, but it's has been around a week since I heard anything. Did you ever receive a follow up from EA about the Dragon Age: Origins codes for mac not working? Like I said, I am sorry to keep asking, but I would like to play the game, and I know that the problem is on EA's end. However, my support email to EA was never responded to, so you're kinda my only hope on actually playing this game.

Thanks for all you do!
DR[/QUOTE]

Sorry dude, I thought I got back to you on this. This was an issue with their servers not recognizing our keys. They fixed it and your key should now work fine.

Additionally, you'll get an email in the next couple of days with a credit for a free copy of Spore for the Mac, provided by EA. They felt really bad about the mixup and asked us to provide the free copy for everyone who purchased the mac version from us during the sale (when the issue happened) :).

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Sorry dude, I thought I got back to you on this. This was an issue with their servers not recognizing our keys. They fixed it and your key should now work fine.

Additionally, you'll get an email in the next couple of days with a credit for a free copy of Spore for the Mac, provided by EA. They felt really bad about the mixup and asked us to provide the free copy for everyone who purchased the mac version from us during the sale (when the issue happened) :).

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Well, I tried activating my key again and no dice. I still get the same error message I was getting before. I then tried the extra code EA gave me and that also did not work. So, sorry to be a stick in the mud, but it still doesn't activate. :cry:

Also, I received my code for Spore this Morning, and thanks! I have always wanted to try that game, and now I can!

Hi Tony,
Will pre-purchase for Guild Wars 2 digital download available in Amazon soon?
I would prefer to get it from Amazon than other online stores... :)

[quote name='MysterD']You could get the files for a manual install of the TW2:EE Update.

For those who PRE-LOADED and then had issues updating...
If you have pre-loaded the files, you basically needed to re-download Files 0, 1, and 2 from the core part of the 36-part download - b/c Files 1 and 2 were corrupt on the pre-load.
For the Language Packs, you just DL ALL of the pieces for each language you want to DL [Part 0 is the EXE needed for installing the specific language packs; rest are the audio files].
Then, wait 20 minutes or more for the install.[/QUOTE]

The problem is that if you already downloaded the corrupt file and attempted to install the patch with it, it can corrupt your entire game to the point where it will not load anymore and the corrected patch files will not even work. This happened to me and I have seen others say it happened to them as well.

I tried the above process you mentioned a while back when I first attempted the patch but it didn't work because my entire game was hosed from attempting to install the bad patch in the first place. Basically I just ended up downloading a sizeable chunk of my monthly bandwidth allotment for nothing and had to redownload the whole thing again anyway.

If you are downloading getting the patch for the first time then you can try those files manually instead of the autopatcher and it may work, I am sure it is working for some people. I can just honestly say with no exaggeration that every patch so far with this game I have had issues with and have ended up having to re-download the game.

In this case with the EE I got so fed up that I ended up buying the Steam copy to not have to deal with any of this manual patching nonsense. Really this game for me is a textbook example of why I almost never buy games that don't activate on Steam anymore.

Of course then they also messed up the installer for the Steam version so that it doesn't ever register that .NET is installed and reinstalls it every single time you start the game but that's another story.

I love these guys and think they are awesome developers but honestly in the technical area I feel like they do rush things out the door without enough thorough testing, at least in my experience.

[quote name='Motoki']The problem is that if you already downloaded the corrupt file and attempted to install the patch with it, it can corrupt your entire game to the point where it will not load anymore and the corrected patch files will not even work. This happened to me and I have seen others say it happened to them as well.

I tried the above process you mentioned a while back when I first attempted the patch but it didn't work because my entire game was hosed from attempting to install the bad patch in the first place. Basically I just ended up downloading a sizeable chunk of my monthly bandwidth allotment for nothing and had to redownload the whole thing again anyway.

If you are downloading getting the patch for the first time then you can try those files manually instead of the autopatcher and it may work, I am sure it is working for some people. I can just honestly say with no exaggeration that every patch so far with this game I have had issues with and have ended up having to re-download the game.

In this case with the EE I got so fed up that I ended up buying the Steam copy to not have to deal with any of this manual patching nonsense. Really this game for me is a textbook example of why I almost never buy games that don't activate on Steam anymore.

Of course then they also messed up the installer for the Steam version so that it doesn't ever register that .NET is installed and reinstalls it every single time you start the game but that's another story.

I love these guys and think they are awesome developers but honestly in the technical area I feel like they do rush things out the door without enough thorough testing, at least in my experience.[/QUOTE]

Problem w/ having Steam is some games, if a NEW patch breaks your game, you're basically screwed. I really don't like that I am forced to update some games, even if is Auto-Update is forced OFF.

Just hope to God you already have bought the game on disc [Version 1.0] and/or have backed-up the game in a earlier version somewhere else ; turn off auto-update [and that it ain't overridden by Steam or the game itself]; and play that version of the game. Just, keep hoping the newest version STILL ain't forced onto you by Steam itself.

But, yeah - data-corruption issues have always seemed to be a problem w/ CDP's patches. Bleh. That's THEIR fault - same goes w/ the issues it might have w/ Steam version. While I've got the update in, I hope to God I have no problems, w/ it all updated. I really don't wanna re-download and reinstall everything.

If there's a Non-Steam version - especially a version w/ NO DRM - I usually try to get that version; unless the Steam version is MUCH MUCH cheaper. I usually like to have more control over my game, updates, mods, and stuff like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back