Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

Deal of the Week 3/11-3/17:

18 Ubisoft Games now DRM FREE for $4.99 + Buy one get one free ($2.49 effective price per game). NOTE: You will get a code for each of these games, this is used to access the multiplayer servers but there is no DRM software associated with these games.

1. Assassin's Creed Director's Cut -
[FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
2. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas -
3. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2 -
4. Tom Clancy's HAWX
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"]- [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
5. Tom Clancy's Endwar
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"]- [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
6. Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc - English
7. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 -
8. Far Cry - English
9. Far Cry 2 -
10. Call of Juarez - English, French, Spanish
11. Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood -
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"] [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
12. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Lockdown
13. The Settlers: Rise of an Empire Gold Edition - English, French, Spanish
14. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"] - [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
15. Rayman Raving Rabids - English, French, Spanish
16. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent -
17. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
18. Heritage of Kings: The Settlers - English
19. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
- [FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]

Deal of the Week 3/4-3/10:

Divinity II Dragon Knight Saga- $5.99 - NOW DRM FREE
A Game of Thrones: Genesis - $9.99
Cities XL 2012 - $9.99

FYI for those of you who missed Payday at $4.99 you can still snag a copy on the cheap for $7.49. Link

[FONT=&quot]Other Great Deals:

Darksiders II - $44.99 - will activate on Steam, comes with Amazon Exclusive item (details on page)

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - $50.99 - 15% off - House of Valor included
[/FONT]

Shank 2 -$8.99 - 10% off

[FONT=&quot]Syndicate - $53.99 – 10% off[/FONT]

Jagged Alliance: Back in Action -$33.95 - 15% off

Pre-Orders for at Least 10% off:

Warp -$8.99 - 10% off
Total War Shogun 2 Fall of the Samurai -$26.99 - 10% off [FONT=&quot]
Rayman Origins - $29.99 - Get Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc for free when you pre-order.
[/FONT]

From Electronic Arts:

Games that activate on Origin

Per MysterD's suggestion:

Here's the Steam Key Activation Page List.

NOTE: This list is incomplete so if you're unsure you still want to ask in the thread.

I'll be posting this a few times in this thread. I also post this regularly whenever people ask about activation limits with Amazon Game Downloads:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_200205020_times?nodeId=200205020&#times

How many times can I download my games or software?

You can download an unlimited number of times for personal use. To re-download, go to Your Games and Software Library through the "Your Digital Items" link at the top of the screen and click the download button.
Can I download and install to multiple computers?

For video games: Each game manufacturer has a different policy on how many installations are allowed with each product key. If you run out of installations for the product key you originally purchased from Amazon, please contact Customer Service and we will happily provide you with another key at no additional charge. You can install an unlimited number of times for personal use, however additional copies of the game for friends or family must be purchased separately.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='r9800pro']It will be an instant buy for me if Amazon price matched it :)[/QUOTE]

same here, one of the games i have wanted for sometime now.

i would rather get it from amazon but if its not possible to match the space marine offer could you tell me before the day is through so i can get it on gmg

I'm pretty sure GMG and GG are two places Amazon doesn't price match. The end of the day I'm grabbing Space Marine, dropped under my $15 threshold and looks like a ton of fun.

[quote name='Outinthedark']I'm pretty sure GMG and GG are two places Amazon doesn't price match. The end of the day I'm grabbing Space Marine, dropped under my $15 threshold and looks like a ton of fun.[/QUOTE]

Amazon did price match GG and GMG before ;)

[quote name='Outinthedark']Tony may have influenced it, but if you submit a price match, they could care less.[/QUOTE]

Indeed Tony did a great job but Amazon cares about matching prices :

65683609.jpg

I know how to submit a lower price, hence my comment above. They could care less. I've seen it work twice and only when price mating Steam.

They didn't price match GMG on Dead Island yesterday. I'm not holding my breath for them to price match today.

[quote name='headpiece747']If you can match the Space Marine offer on GreenManGaming when it drops then you have another buyer right here also.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I am not a fan of the foreign transaction fees I incur when I use GMG. I would pick up this game without a second thought if it were on Amazon.

Grabbed Deus Ex: HR for $17, passed when it was $10, but since I got some credit now I thought why not. Been wanting to play it, especially today for some reason, using credit from trading my textbooks made it a better deal for me than $10 out of pocket.

Hey guys,

Sorry for the delayed response here, had some meetings this morning and just got back to my email. I wanted to touch on a couple of things:

1. We definitely do pay attention to the price matching link you guys are referring to (and provided a screenshot of :) ).

2. We don't currently match international competitors as their entire business model is radically different than ours due to currency differences, and numerous other factors that I'm not able to discuss in a public forum. Again, trying to be as transparent as I can here without getting into too much hot water :).

3. We're still deciding on what Top Sellers we're going to run promotions on in January, as well as what games we're going to add to the list based on their performance during the holiday. I don't want to negatively impact your purchase decision though so, while I'd obviously love it if you waited to see if we put Space Marine on promo during January, I'm not able to currently make that promise to you. I can tell you it is being discussed though.

Hope this helps guys (and gals), thanks again as always for the constant feedback.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Hey guys,

Sorry for the delayed response here, had some meetings this morning and just got back to my email. I wanted to touch on a couple of things:

1. We definitely do pay attention to the price matching link you guys are referring to (and provided a screenshot of :) ).

2. We don't currently match international competitors as their entire business model is radically different than ours due to currency differences, and numerous other factors that I'm not able to discuss in a public forum. Again, trying to be as transparent as I can here without getting into too much hot water :).

3. We're still deciding on what Top Sellers we're going to run promotions on in January, as well as what games we're going to add to the list based on their performance during the holiday. I don't want to negatively impact your purchase decision though so, while I'd obviously love it if you waited to see if we put Space Marine on promo during January, I'm not able to currently make that promise to you. I can tell you it is being discussed though.

Hope this helps guys (and gals), thanks again as always for the constant feedback.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

That's great to hear as the list of games we can spend that $5 on is very meager.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']
3. We're still deciding on what Top Sellers we're going to run promotions on in January...[/QUOTE]

Might I humbly suggest Dead Island at around $15 (pre promo coupon, of course)~ ;)

Hey everyone,

I'm going try and go through this thread and contact everyone who had Crysis activation issues individually, but if you see this, and you did, please PM me for help with the resolution.

Cheers,
Tony

quick question:
it might not be your department, but will we ever see sales on xbox live arcade titles again?
there were a few back when you guys first starting selling the codes, but they dried up quickly

[quote name='UberNinjaz']It's "couldn't" =\[/QUOTE]
It's "ÜberNinjas" if we're being technical, since plurals don't use z and you're missing an umlaut. :cold: Our friend Mr. Period is also missing from your post.

Not sure what to use my last three credits on. Hopefully there will be more sales on these bestsellers as the weeks progress.

[quote name='Mooby']Might I humbly suggest Dead Island at around $15 (pre promo coupon, of course)~ ;)[/QUOTE]

I'd like to also humbly second that request.

Hi T-Money,

Thanks for the updates. I know there has been a lot of negative communication going on in here. The last thing I want to do is add to it but I did want to give you some feedback while it was one my mind. I often run into credit deals on console versions of a game and sometimes even physical pc copies but not on the digital download. Recent examples are Syndicate and Mass Effect 3.

I know these are different departments and different promotions and possibly even locked by the manufacture but this is one of the main reasons I never preorder a digital download on Amazon. In these cases it is better to order a physical copy and redeem it on Origin. I'd appreciate some input or at least passing this along to those relevant on the team.

In the grand scheme of things it could be much worse. Digital video games could be like ebooks and on an "Agency" model.

Thanks,

pROvIs

I want to get my hands on another $5 coupon. I can trade a Dark Void: Zero Steam gift for one. If anyone's interested, send me a PM.

[quote name='pROvIs']Hi T-Money,

Thanks for the updates. I know there has been a lot of negative communication going on in here. The last thing I want to do is add to it but I did want to give you some feedback while it was one my mind. I often run into credit deals on console versions of a game and sometimes even physical pc copies but not on the digital download. Recent examples are Syndicate and Mass Effect 3.

I know these are different departments and different promotions and possibly even locked by the manufacture but this is one of the main reasons I never preorder a digital download on Amazon. In these cases it is better to order a physical copy and redeem it on Origin. I'd appreciate some input or at least passing this along to those relevant on the team.

In the grand scheme of things it could be much worse. Digital video games could be like ebooks and on an "Agency" model.

Thanks,

pROvIs[/QUOTE]

Hey man no worries, and I don't think the communication has been negative. I totally get that you guys want the cheapest games possible (its in the name of the site), I just try to explain as clearly as possible why we can't always make the requests happen :).

As for the promo credits, there are a battery of reasons why we have the strategy we do, not all of which are public, but I can tell you that we tested both models (price discount vs. promo credit) and based all of our decisions based on how our customers reacted.

Hope this answers your question!

Cheers,
Tony

I'd really appreciate it if A'zon would put Crysis 2 back on sale so I could get it for $10 with my coupon. Still annoyed that I hesitated when it was a Hamilton straight up. Otherwise, there's nothing I want to pick up from the list of Top Sellers because I've already got what want off that list. Thanks!

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Hey everyone,

I'm going try and go through this thread and contact everyone who had Crysis activation issues individually, but if you see this, and you did, please PM me for help with the resolution.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
PM'ed.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Responded directly to email.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]Thank you for the quick response! Unfortunately, I'm not seeing anything in my inbox or junk folder. Might want to check the address, or you could just respond to the PM directly.

Thanks again!

Damnit Tony... I'm going to wait on Space Marine for Amazon, if I get burned! (I'll probably do nothing other than be said)

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']
[/QUOTE]
So, basically...you'd never match Gamersgate, GreenManGaming, and GOG.

[quote name='MysterD']So, basically...you'd never match Gamersgate, GreenManGaming, and GOG.[/QUOTE]

they've matched gamersgate previously (specifically deus ex:HR)

Number 2 on that list you wrote looks like an easy way out of matching prices :)

[quote name='fmz65']Damnit Tony... I'm going to wait on Space Marine for Amazon, if I get burned! (I'll probably do nothing other than be said)[/QUOTE]

I didnt, bought from GMG.

[quote name='Fatdude']Number 2 on that list you wrote looks like an easy way out of matching prices :)

I didnt, bought from GMG.[/QUOTE]

I did as well.

But look, as long as publishers treat the internet as though it has geographical borders when cutting deals then retailers are going to have to draw lines as well. Not to mention the fact that there are so many currencies and market conditions out there.

It's a fair business consideration though, as you pointed out, the reality is that the consumer isn't obligated to care about such things.

--------------------------

Tony, I hope you can clear things up soon regarding the way you all intend to support the $5 credit titles going forward. I know your OP says to keep checking the linked pages for updated deals, but it isn't easy to understand what is happening from our end since the prices seem to be fluctuating almost randomly. It would just be nice to know if/when to check or even if the deals are done and it's just time to look at whether or not anything remains of interest at the current prices for use with the credits.

Just want to thank Tony for helping me with my issue I was having

It's service like this that will make me choose Amazon when I can and even pay a few bucks more on occasion because I know if I do have trouble it'll be fixed.

Well, using the Kindle store to buy a book for the first time has made me very glad different divisions of Amazon do things differently. Unlike the Kindle store, the PCDD store lets me see how much I'm going to spend after any credits/etc. before completing the transaction, which is kinda vital. Much appreciated instead of the "buy and pray" method that seems to power the Kindle store (and through said method I was burned.)

ah I really wish you could price match GMG...they have Dawn of War II: Retribution for $7.50 today. It would be great if I could use a $5 coupon on that...otherwise I feel like they are sitting here gathering dust

[quote name='hal']I did as well.

But look, as long as publishers treat the internet as though it has geographical borders when cutting deals then retailers are going to have to draw lines as well. Not to mention the fact that there are so many currencies and market conditions out there.

It's a fair business consideration though, as you pointed out, the reality is that the consumer isn't obligated to care about such things.

--------------------------

Tony, I hope you can clear things up soon regarding the way you all intend to support the $5 credit titles going forward. I know your OP says to keep checking the linked pages for updated deals, but it isn't easy to understand what is happening from our end since the prices seem to be fluctuating almost randomly. It would just be nice to know if/when to check or even if the deals are done and it's just time to look at whether or not anything remains of interest at the current prices for use with the credits.[/QUOTE]

We're still working on some things that we can announce, I'm hoping for a more comprehensive update tomorrow. For now, I've added the information regarding a promotion that should kick in shortly:

Mount & Blade for $12.99 ($7.99 for customers with a $5 coupon) + $5 off the already discounted King Arthur II. Plus, customers who pre-order King Arthur II get "The Dead Legions" DLC for free...which means customers who have the $5 coupon get 3 pieces of content for $36.98.

Cheers,
Tony

Code for 5 off. Spoilered to stop lurkers.

PHMV-YSZJWH-A92MER

EDIT: All codes gone.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Abeja']Code for 5 off. Spoilered to stop lurkers.

PHMV-YSZJWH-A92MER

Have a few more codes I wont be using if someones interested.[/QUOTE]

always interested.

[quote name='Abeja']Code for 5 off. Spoilered to stop lurkers.

PHMV-YSZJWH-A92MER

Have a few more codes I wont be using if someones interested.[/QUOTE]

I'd be interested in one.

Can't wait for the mount and blade price to go live...

[quote name='mtxbass1']I'd be interested in one.

Can't wait for the mount and blade price to go live...[/QUOTE]

Check ur PMs and everyone else that PMed check urs.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']We're still working on some things that we can announce, I'm hoping for a more comprehensive update tomorrow. For now, I've added the information regarding a promotion that should kick in shortly:

Mount & Blade for $12.99 ($7.99 for customers with a $5 coupon) + $5 off the already discounted King Arthur II. Plus, customers who pre-order King Arthur II get "The Dead Legions" DLC for free...which means customers who have the $5 coupon get 3 pieces of content for $36.98.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Are we going to be able to activate King Arthur 2 on steam?

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']We're still working on some things that we can announce, I'm hoping for a more comprehensive update tomorrow.
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='fmz65']*sigh* maybe I should've had no patience afterall...[/QUOTE]

I ended up holding off on my last two coupons and I am kind of regretting it now myself. Well I am hoping that we will get some good deals tomorrow.

[quote name='admurray2']I ended up holding off on my last two coupons and I am kind of regretting it now myself. Well I am hoping that we will get some good deals tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

We still have 25 days left in January, you know :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back