Amazon Warehouse Deals Thread VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

poker360

Banned
Amazon has some great warehouse deals, and most of their used games are in like new condition. Please post specific deals you find via Warehouse deals in this thread. Check latest posts for the newest deals, or click the link below.

Link:

Amazon Warehouse Deals Storefront - I usually go here just to check out things.

**All titles are available for FSS with orders over $25**
**There is no guarantee how long these will be in stock, so if you see something, better grab it fast**

Link To Items By Price:

$0-$24 Deals
$25-$49 Deals
$50-$99 Deals
$100-$199 Deals
$200-$499 Deals

Browse Games by Console: (These are somewhat broken now, as Amazon has updated their search system and made it even worse)

:3ds:Nintendo 3DS

PS Vita

:psp:Sony PSP

:360:Xbox 360

:wii:Wii

:ps3:PS3

Wii U

PS4

F.A.Q's

What is Amazon Warehouse Deals?
Warehouse Deals is part of amazon that has open box, generally like new items.

Is the Amazon Warehouse Deals return policy the same as Amazon's return policy?
Yes, All purchases are eligible for Amazon customer service and 30 day return policy.

I'm using the games sort by console link, and the games will not sort by price properly. What is wrong?
You aren't doing anything wrong, the sort by price feature on Amazon is broken

I'm waiting for a 360, ps3, 3ds, or PS Vita to pop up.. What time do they usually appear?
They can show up any time, the best way to find it is have the item tabbed on your browser, and download an auto refresh app and frequently check it... Sometimes they will not pop up on amazon warehouse deals storefront, you will need to check the "used" section of the item

Why did all the prices of games randomly jump up?
Games on warehouse deals generally go on a cycle. They will get extremely low, great deals.. Then they will jump back up and restart the cycle of falling in price again.

I have a gaming credit and/or an Amazon gift card. Can both of these be applied to Warehouse Deals orders?
Gift cards can be applied to orders made on warehouse deals, however video game credit is only good for items shipped and sold by "amazon.com", warehouse deals does not count as this.

What was Penny Deals?
In early September of 2011, tons of newer release, more expensive games popped up for 1 penny each. Many CAG members placed orders, expecting them to get cancelled. Some were cancelled, however many CAGS got a large amount of games for a penny each. There has been no confirmation what exactly happened and why these games were sold for a penny.

What condition are products from Warehouse Deals generally in?
Usually, games are re-shrinked wrap and almost in perfect condition. Any game i have personally ever bought has in like new condition. However, some people have reported that games were scratched with stickers on the insert. Consoles are also usually reported in like new or new condition with box damage. Rarely, a console may be missing a key component such as a power brick. Games listed in "acceptable" condition likely have very beaten up cases, or are missing cases, and are in not so great condition, but generally have a working game disc.

Here is an example of a like new handheld (PS Vita) - Thanks Slixshot
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JoNLqd0lqk

Previous Threads:

I:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=256610
II:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7717783#post7717783
III:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=291329 - The penny deals craziness
IV:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=303172
V:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=313299
VI:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=325923

VII:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/307758-amazon-warehouse-deals-thread-vii/

Last edited by a moderator:
How many copies have you bought? You must really love Seaman.
$(KGrHqF,!iEE9TPoYUP!BPmbUE7i3Q~~60_35.JPG

fuck, they charge tax in VA now, even when paying with credit. Can't believe the cheapest option for MSRP and even used is actually GS now since they don't charge tax in my VA

Wow, I missed a fair amount but for the best.

Just got my GoW CE and it's OK I guess.  Not as impressed as I thought I would be.  Statue looks like it was never taken out of the plastic, steelbook is in decent shape but there's a scrape on the part you pull on to open it.  It also doesn't really want to close again very well.  No soundtrack too.  Probably going to look at it a little closer later but at this point probably going to be a return.

Just got my GoW CE and it's OK I guess. Not as impressed as I thought I would be. Statue looks like it was never taken out of the plastic, steelbook is in decent shape but there's a scrape on the part you pull on to open it. It also doesn't really want to close again very well. No soundtrack too. Probably going to look at it a little closer later but at this point probably going to be a return.
Soundtrack is digital I think.

Well, still going back most likely.
Have you tried the vouchers? I think that is the meaty part of the CE since it has future the DLC included and the other stuff.

Usually GoW games don't go down too much in price until a long time. You can find GOW III for $10 used on GS now after 3 years of release.

Can I ask what you were expecting or why didn't you like it for the price?

Have you tried the vouchers? I think that is the meaty part of the CE since it has future the DLC included and the other stuff.

Usually GoW games don't go down too much in price until a long time. You can find GOW III for $10 used on GS now after 3 years of release.

Can I ask what you were expecting or why didn't you like it for the price?
I agree. From the sounds of it, it seems like a near ideal situation. The statue was brand new and the steelbook only had one scratch on it. That sounds pretty much like a win.

They must have gotten a physical warehouse there or they passed legislation. Unfortunately Florida is getting a stupid warehouse in exchange for 3k minimum wage jobs so hooray? Newegg will be the last place to get electronics without tax I guess.

Just got my GoW CE and it's OK I guess. Not as impressed as I thought I would be. Statue looks like it was never taken out of the plastic, steelbook is in decent shape but there's a scrape on the part you pull on to open it. It also doesn't really want to close again very well. No soundtrack too. Probably going to look at it a little closer later but at this point probably going to be a return.
You should expect things to be worn, unless you want to get banned for too many returns, lower your standards, don't expect everything to be perfect and flawless, and "new" even though it said acceptable etc.

Yes. It's 9% in most GameStops and 7.5% on Amazon for us and gift credit is charged as well, so there's no way around it.

So...

Quit bitching about your low sales tax.

8% at my gamestop, but it's pretty cool that PUR cancels out tax.

Amazon doesn't charge tax when you buy from another user though, I think.

You have too high expectations. Especially for the price. Just be a hoarder and toss it in your collection and move forward. Or buy it again later for the same price because you will along with everything else at AWD. ;)

Over the summer, I went to some other GameStops with lower sales taxes. They were based on cities. The cities in Central California have lower sales taxes. Amazon doesn't charge sales tax when buying from a seller outside your state whose items aren't fulfilled by Amazon.

Does anyone have any proof that Amazon actually bans people for too many returns or getting too many credits? I've seen one topic on here, like 3 years ago, that had one person saying they were banned. That person was unable to provide any proof, but it still set off a firestorm around here. I'd like to see some actual proof of this happening. Something more than scare tactics, please.

There were posts that Amazon sent some members some e-mails regarding their high number of returns, but I don't remember anyone stating an actual ban for it. Of course slidecage does come in here right after that and he claims that Amazon does it despite Customer Service always giving him an insane amount of credit just to avoid talking to him.

They must have gotten a physical warehouse there or they passed legislation. Unfortunately Florida is getting a stupid warehouse in exchange for 3k minimum wage jobs so hooray? Newegg will be the last place to get electronics without tax I guess.
What??? Damn... never expected FL to get a warehouse... we have one near enough and FL doesn't seem like a good distribution point map-wise

There's a warehouse coming in Florida?!

Noooo
Where have you been? I read an article in the paper about it a few months ago. Granted, I was in Orlando at the time (I live in Clearwater) and I think the warehouse is going to be in Orlando, so it was in the local paper (Orlando Sentinel). At first I was excited because I thought that may mean we would get our stuff faster, but the sales tax kills it. lol

EDIT: http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2013-06-13/business/os-amazon-florida-sales-tax-and-jobs-20130613_1_enterprise-florida-amazon-jobs-agency

Last edited by a moderator:
Where have you been? I read an article in the paper about it a few months ago. Granted, I was in Orlando at the time (I live in Clearwater) and I think the warehouse is going to be in Orlando, so it was in the local paper (Orlando Sentinel). At first I was excited because I thought that may mean we would get our stuff faster, but the sales tax kills it. lol

EDIT: http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2013-06-13/business/os-amazon-florida-sales-tax-and-jobs-20130613_1_enterprise-florida-amazon-jobs-agency
noooo!!!

Taxes from Amazon makes me sad

Well, Eldritch, it looks like I got the God of War: Ascension you were expecting--no real marks of any kind on the box, the statue looks mint (or as mint as a statue n00b like me can see :dunce:), and there are no dents or marks on the steelbook. I haven't checked the DLC code yet, but since I likely won't even be playing the game (I plan on trading the disc to GS with a Playcation coupon since I won't be near a BBY before the 100% ends), what could I do with it if it's still valid? Is it worth anything?

Well, Eldritch, it looks like I got the God of War: Ascension you were expecting--no real marks of any kind on the box, the statue looks mint (or as mint as a statue n00b like me can see :dunce:), and there are no dents or marks on the steelbook. I haven't checked the DLC code yet, but since I likely won't even be playing the game (I plan on trading the disc to GS with a Playcation coupon since I won't be near a BBY before the 100% ends), what could I do with it if it's still valid? Is it worth anything?

You can give it to me :) and then if the code that comes with mine arrives unused then I will give that one for someone here that was less fortunate.

The article states that tax collection might begin as soon as next spring... a warehouse right next to me... shorter shipping time.. sales on amazon purchases but not on third party sellers...  my amazon prime expires in march... and this news might mean it's not worth to resubscribe...

The article states that tax collection might begin as soon as next spring... a warehouse right next to me... shorter shipping time.. sales on amazon purchases but not on third party sellers... my amazon prime expires in march... and this news might mean it's not worth to resubscribe...
You people bitching about taxes make me laugh. I live in TN and will have to start paying taxes in 14. I am SUPPOSED to pay taxes now, called a fair use tax. Amazon even sends you info around tax time about how much you have spent in order to calculate your taxes you are supposed to self report. Your states are most likely the same, you are just like me, choosing to not report it. Mainly because the government has no way of getting the info to come after you for the taxes you have not been paying. You are just being forced to pay your taxes now. Welcome to Merica.

Also where do you plan to shop instead? Walmart? Best Buy? Target? Guess what, TAXES at all of them. Amazon is still a great value, usually cheaper prices, free shipping with prime or 25+ and guess what you save on gas from not having to drive to a store, and on something even more valuable, your TIME. Way easier to click and buy something than to have to leave your house, drive to store, find the item, buy it, leave the store, drive home.

Sheesh...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back