Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
So you think they should have made as many Wii Fit Trainers as Mario?
fuck yes. WFT is awesome, Mario is such a square. She was the only one I wanted badly enough to buy at launch and it took a ridiculous amount of running around to make that happen.

Last edited:
And if people bought these things because they wanted to use them instead of what most people are doing we wouldn't have this problem. I remember a tonnnn of people were talking trash on amiibo right before SSB came out, I was unsure about them myself until the game came out where I went all in. Hell, I bet a good amount of people who buy these things don't even have a WiiU.
Wait, you mean I shouldn't be buying 1 to open. 2 to keep sealed and 2 extra for trade bait?

Anyone in the South Jersey area have any idea of stock numbers/done BB camps before? With them being the only release tomorrow I'm not sure what to expect. Spoke to one guy in Deptford and he said he'd suggest coming 10-15 minutes before opening, but implied they would just put them out on the shelves, which I don't know if I want to deal with. Also, I know the TRU there was swamped for Greninja. But Deptford tends to have their shit together. Apparently Mt. Laurel is getting around 30? I guess arriving around 8 would be safest.

animal-crossing-400-amiibo-cards-656x392.jpg

Nintendo will be bringing out a whole bunch of amiibo cards. Actually, there are plans to release 400 in total.

The Animal Crossing amiibo cards will be seeing four different series. In each one, there will be 100 different cards. Plenty to collect!

SOURCE: http://nintendoeverything.com/nintendo-plans-to-release-400-animal-crossing-amiibo-cards/
I wish somebody would just find a way to hack amiibo already. It's hard to argue that it's officially out of control now.

Hard to control in what way? No one is telling people to buy them, it's a choice to do so.
Yeah, but when content is locked to certain Amiibos, and certain ones can't be bought for retail cost, I would agree that this current system is very broken. I've been a "N" fan my whole life, but if they went out of business tomorrow I wouldn't shed a single tear, as they are beyond logic and good business practices at this point.

I'm lucky, as I have no interest in this Amiibo craze, and my son only ever wants the ones at retail, so I don't personally have an issue one way or the other. But it's clear to see how much of a cluster fuck this has been from the start.

"N" has really gone down hill over the years, and sadly, I see no return to greatness happening anytime soon.

Yeah, but when content is locked to certain Amiibos, and certain ones can't be bought for retail cost, I would agree that this current system is very broken. I've been a "N" fan my whole life, but if they went out of business tomorrow I wouldn't shed a single tear, as they are beyond logic and good business practices at this point.

I'm lucky, as I have no interest in this Amiibo craze, and my son only ever wants the ones at retail, so I don't personally have an issue one way or the other. But it's clear to see how much of a cluster fuck this has been from the start.

"N" has really gone down hill over the years, and sadly, I see no return to greatness happening anytime soon.
just out of curiosity, what brings you to this thread then? honest question and mean nothing by it.

First of all you say they have bad business sense. They're the only ones posting a profit, they have AMAZING business sense

Also Amiibo have been a clusterfuck? They made a hugely successful product, people ate it up, and they're continually releasing restocks as fast as they can. Don't drink the kool aid son.

animal-crossing-400-amiibo-cards-656x392.jpg

Nintendo will be bringing out a whole bunch of amiibo cards. Actually, there are plans to release 400 in total.

The Animal Crossing amiibo cards will be seeing four different series. In each one, there will be 100 different cards. Plenty to collect!

SOURCE: http://nintendoeverything.com/nintendo-plans-to-release-400-animal-crossing-amiibo-cards/
400? Hah, fuck that. Thats where my line is drawn.

I get the feeling these will end up like a lot of other Nintendo side products that end up stupidly hard to find/expensive (Pokemon Rumble Figures, Kid Icarus cards, etc)

Someone sounds salty. I don't know how you could argue Nintendo isn't putting out quality items given Smash 3DS/WiiU, SM3DW/L, Pokemon 3DS, shit...basically everything for the Wii U and 3DS. I can't even be bothered to type it all out.

just out of curiosity, what brings you to this thread then? honest question and mean nothing by it.
The Smash Bros line. I mean I was never that fond of the idea of amiibo, I'd prefer to train fighters digitally and save them on SD cards, but figures do make sense and there is some fun in "training" them and letting them fight. And if nothing else I figured they'd look cool in front of my game shelf. Had I known amiibo would devolve into day 1 DLC like they have, and had I known what I was getting into with these supply issues and retailer exclusives, I probably would've just bought WFT and Ganondorf and called it a day. But at this point I just want to see how many NA amiibo's I can get without paying more than $15 apiece.

But then again there aren't 400 of those. I can't even fathom attempting to collect those damn cards.

Someone sounds salty. I don't know how you could argue Nintendo isn't putting out quality items given Smash 3DS/WiiU, SM3DW/L, Pokemon 3DS, shit...basically everything for the Wii U and 3DS. I can't even be bothered to type it all out.
Look, I love SSB as much as anybody here, but you can't argue that's been fucked up too. It's painfully obvious the game was split in two so they could sell 2 versions for $100 instead of the WiiU version for $60. Aside from maybe Smash Run (which would've still worked on WiiU with 2 players I think) there's nothing noteworthy on the 3DS that couldn't have been done on the WiiU, and I hate that some of my favorite levels on 3DS (such as Zelda Spirit Tracks) can't be played with my friends cause only one of them owns a 3DS. And don't even get me started on crap like cutting Ice Climbers cause 3DS can't handle it.....

Had it been literally any other franchise I wouldn't have touched it, at least not until I found both games discounted (which I guess I did anyways since Best Buy had SSB on sale within the first two weeks lol). I guess I'm just a big sucker when it comes to SSB though.

Last edited:
Anyone in the South Jersey area have any idea of stock numbers/done BB camps before? With them being the only release tomorrow I'm not sure what to expect. Spoke to one guy in Deptford and he said he'd suggest coming 10-15 minutes before opening, but implied they would just put them out on the shelves, which I don't know if I want to deal with. Also, I know the TRU there was swamped for Greninja. But Deptford tends to have their shit together. Apparently Mt. Laurel is getting around 30? I guess arriving around 8 would be safest.
I'll be going to Mt. Laurel since that's right by my apartment. I camped there around two hours before opening for the last wave. There were only about 10 people in line by opening, but everyone who was there had come from other places (the rest of the amiibo hunters were in a huge line at the Cherry Hill TRU). Originally there was a nice group of people behind me who agreed not to run and body block whoever did. When opening came, the employees walked us to the shelves. Then let us kill ourselves over the figures.
I was first in line. If I hadn't talked to the people behind me, I would have got nothing because one of them grabbed the figure I had wanted for me.

In short: Good luck....I don't know what line to expect really, I'm hoping people will go to Deptford where they always seem way more organized. If it's anything like the TRU line it's gonna be madness...

I have no idea what time to show up tomorrow. There's two stores close and then a few further away but it's a densely populated region so I do not know what kind of competition will be out there. Nice that BB opens at 10 though.

Dark Pit?

Meh. I'll stop by a Best Buy after work. If they have any left, they have them. If they don't whatever. 
It's not even worth the hassle of trying to cram it into a day. I'll pay the extra $5-6 bucks to import one. 

I have no idea what time to show up tomorrow. There's two stores close and then a few further away but it's a densely populated region so I do not know what kind of competition will be out there. Nice that BB opens at 10 though.
I'm going an hour before. I have a JP Dark Pit already, but I really want to have a full U.S set of sealed store exclusives. I wish I knew the stock numbers for my area, but the Target right up the street barely had 25-30 people for Wave 4.

I'm going an hour before. I have a JP Dark Pit already, but I really want to have a full U.S set of sealed store exclusives. I wish I knew the stock numbers for my area, but the Target right up the street barely had 25-30 people for Wave 4.
I called the store and they told me 40. They must have the stock already.

If anyone can't see how "N" has declined over the years, nothing I say will change that.

I read most threads here, as it is CAG after all. If some place is having a sale, or buy 1, get 1 free on Amiibos, I'm not against that. As I stated, I do buy these for my son, and there are a few coming up I would like to own, but I'm not looking to pay more than retail, which seems hard for particular ones. Sadly there aren't many deals to be had in this thread, just every issue under the sun(poor packaging, high prices, poor supplies, scalpers, etc). Everything that isn't deals.

If "N" had a decent system in place, they could manufacture these based on orders, and not on guesstimations as they do now. Like I said above, you neither see the issues they have as a business or you don't.

If anyone can't see how "N" has declined over the years, nothing I say will change that.

I read most threads here, as it is CAG after all. If some place is having a sale, or buy 1, get 1 free on Amiibos, I'm not against that. As I stated, I do buy these for my son, and there are a few coming up I would like to own, but I'm not looking to pay more than retail, which seems hard for particular ones. Sadly there aren't many deals to be had in this thread, just every issue under the sun(poor packaging, high prices, poor supplies, scalpers, etc). Everything that isn't deals.

If "N" had a decent system in place, they could manufacture these based on orders, and not on guesstimations as they do now. Like I said above, you neither see the issues they have as a business or you don't.
No, they could not make them to order - at least not and have them be $13. You seem to have no idea the lead time it takes to do a manufacturing run of mass produced figures. There is probably six months from order to delivery. The molds have to be set, materials in place, painters set, printing for packaging - and then when it is all done, they then get to take a slow boat over from China because air freight is way, way more expensive. They don't just go "Oh we need some more Marths, whip up a batch" like they can do with discs for games.

You seem to be making this correlation between hand made toys from hobby shops, where their volume is a tiny, tiny fraction of what Amiibos are. You think Nintendo can just whip up 100,000 Amiibos on demand and that is a solution to the problem?

Another day, another post in this thread of someone whining they didn't get their favorite 13 dollar toy the way they wanted and because of that Nintendo is crap now.

No, they could not make them to order - at least not and have them be $13. You seem to have no idea the lead time it takes to do a manufacturing run of mass produced figures. There is probably six months from order to delivery. The molds have to be set, materials in place, painters set, printing for packaging - and then when it is all done, they then get to take a slow boat over from China because air freight is way, way more expensive. They don't just go "Oh we need some more Marths, whip up a batch" like they can do with discs for games.

You seem to be making this correlation between hand made toys from hobby shops, where their volume is a tiny, tiny fraction of what Amiibos are. You think Nintendo can just whip up 100,000 Amiibos on demand and that is a solution to the problem?
I know a rather good amount about production, and considering preorders can be 1 month before release, or 12 months or longer, I'm still not seeing the issue. Obviously with their current system, this could never work.

But if they changed that system, it could. I don't have all the answers, but with the way "N" has issues with almost any product with the slightest of demand from consumers, this is a standard issue with them. So sorry I see a problem, where others don't, and considering this thread is 1078 pages in length, and considering how about 90% of those pages is complaints, issues, and problems, I would say I'm not the only one.

I think they could've done far better to estimate demand. Nintendo isn't a 2 bit operation, they are a multi-billion dollar corporation. They should have the resources to analyze market trends and figure out how much of any one figure to produce. To be off by this much takes a special level of incompetence that just isn't allowable at that level.

That's of course assuming these shortages weren't intentionally planned to begin with (it's painfully obvious they were).

yeah! nintendo is crap. as i walk into bestbuy with my new 3ds xl in my pocket... as i check out the amiibo section... if i see any of the rare amiibos i immidiately buy them all.. then go home and play mariokart 8. eff you nintendo.. eff... you.

yeah! nintendo is crap. as i walk into bestbuy with my new 3ds xl in my pocket... as i check out the amiibo section... if i see any of the rare amiibos i immidiately buy them all.. then go home and play mariokart 8. eff you nintendo.. eff... you.
I just love it when people twist legitimate complaints into fanboy nonsense like this. god forbid anybody question the almighty Nintendo, holy be thy sacred name. Thine own perfection truly is absolute!

Last edited:
wtf 400 AC amiibo cards... really wonder how that will be handled. KI:U cards are hard to come by and those e-reader ones bombed sales wise.

I really wonder how many people will be camping at BBs.  I have a doctor's appointment early in the morning so at the earliest can get to BB about an hour after opening.  I should still be able to make get it with gcu. 

I think they could've done far better to estimate demand. Nintendo isn't a 2 bit operation, they are a multi-billion dollar corporation. They should have the resources to analyze market trends and figure out how much of any one figure to produce. To be off by this much takes a special level of incompetence that just isn't allowable at that level.

That's of course assuming these shortages weren't intentionally planned to begin with (it's painfully obvious they were).
Maybe so, that's a fair point. But order them on demand? Nope.

And saying they allow pre-orders a month in advance isn't evidence of them making them a month in advance. That's just when stores open orders for the number they have been allocated.

I doubt very seriously if shortages were planned - unless you mean them not making more of Wii Fit Trainer and other more obscure properties than Mario and Link. Because without all this scalping/craziness Mario/etc. are exactly the ones good business sense would tell you to make the most of in production. The properties that are the most popular with fans. And because they aren't a "2 bit operation", they cannot exactly pivot on a dime. They have been getting better, albeit slowly. They are not blameless, of course. Part of the problem is if they course correct too quickly, they could kill this whole Amiibo thing as quickly as it started by overwhelming demand and them not selling. Look at Infinity, it doesn't give you much confidence in the brand when you go in the store and see shelves overflowing and constant clearance sales like they are - if they didn't have Star Wars this year they might be in trouble.

I'm sure there's no way Nintendo could have predicted people would be buying multiples of WFT or Marth, etc to then flip or trade. Production runs on certain less popular characters were obviously smaller than say Mario and Co. Nintendo seems truly overwhelmed by amiibo demand which they either created themselves or happened naturally. Either way, at the end of the day, we're adults talking about toys.

NA Palutena was packed well. I will open international. Amazonfr packed Olimar and Bowser Jr really well. Still vow to not arrive at BB until 10. Still have international DP to open.[attachment=16142:20150730_115243_resized.jpg][attachment=16142:20150730_115243_resized.jpg][attachment=16143:20150730_115243_resized.jpg][attachment=16144:20150730_122512_resized-2.jpg]

Maybe so, that's a fair point. But order them on demand? Nope.

And saying they allow pre-orders a month in advance isn't evidence of them making them a month in advance. That's just when stores open orders for the number they have been allocated.

I doubt very seriously if shortages were planned - unless you mean them not making more of Wii Fit Trainer and other more obscure properties than Mario and Link. Because without all this scalping/craziness Mario/etc. are exactly the ones good business sense would tell you to make the most of in production. The properties that are the most popular with fans. And because they aren't a "2 bit operation", they cannot exactly pivot on a dime. They have been getting better, albeit slowly. They are not blameless, of course. Part of the problem is if they course correct too quickly, they could kill this whole Amiibo thing as quickly as it started by overwhelming demand and them not selling. Look at Infinity, it doesn't give you much confidence in the brand when you go in the store and see shelves overflowing and constant clearance sales like they are - if they didn't have Star Wars this year they might be in trouble.
Less stock is one thing. But we are talking about Gamestops that got, what, 1-2 of some of these rare ones? With them only being available online for minutes (if that)? That's obnoxiously low.

I get it, maybe Wal-Mart didn't want to waste shelf space on less popular characters, but it seems like they are pretty willing to put them up online. That's what I don't get. I didn't necessarily expect the local Wal-Mart to have every character in stock, but I did expect that there would be boxes of each sitting in some warehouse somewhere available for online orders. If nothing else it seems like Gamestop would've been the go-to place for a lot of these rare ones.

But yeah, the recent restocks have (more or less) been a step in the right direction. Still not good enough IMO but certainly better.

Last edited:
well if it counts for something ive had easier time finding most the wave 4 amiibos than before waves... for the most part. hopefully they are making more for the next waves.. then again. they might end up not selling as many as they hoped due to no one buying multiples and scalpers moving on if there isnt as much money in it for them as before.. then before you know it nintendo decides it was a bad idea to up the productions of these and be back to square one lol. where they were happy selling small amounts of these and moving on. or atleast thats what it seemed like

What data points do you think Nintendo should have used to do a market trend study with? As far as I know there has never been another product that features figures based based on 1st party IP and a 1st party game. The only other product I can think of is the Pokemon Rumble U line, and I do not think anyone would say that was nearly as successful as amiibo have been.

well if it counts for something ive had easier time finding most the wave 4 amiibos than before waves... for the most part. hopefully they are making more for the next waves.. then again. they might end up not selling as many as they hoped due to no one buying multiples and scalpers moving on if there isnt as much money in it for them as before.. then before you know it nintendo decides it was a bad idea to up the productions of these and be back to square one lol. where they were happy selling small amounts of these and moving on. or atleast thats what it seemed like
Totally agree. Wave 5 has IMO the best set of figures so far. Palutena was easy to get and I'm hoping tomorrow goes well for everyone trying to get a Dark Pit. Also, importing from Amazon seems easy enough but part of me just wants to get these figures domestically and at retail. I did buy a WFT from a fellow CAG for $20 shipped and it'll arrive today.

Well looks like Nintendo pulled a profit. Must be doing something right.
http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2015/07/nintendo-records-a-surprising-profit-with-strong-software-and-amiibo-sales/

Not to derail this discussion of business economics, but can someone tell me if the reprint Ike had the Wii U/3DS thing on the back?
I'd love to go by the production number, but I have no idea what a first print number is.

Someone should really make a site for that....hell I would if I could get help finding first print production numbers.

I like how people are still complaining about supply problems when basically everyone who tried got almost everything from waves 3-4 (Lucario, Robin, Lucina), Nintendo has been reprinting all the rares from waves 1-2, and two-thirds of people quit being interested since these things aren't valuable anymore. 

Nintendo fans are crackheads, incapable of seeing beyond themselves. 

I like how people are still complaining about supply problems when basically everyone who tried got almost everything from waves 3-4 (Lucario, Robin, Lucina), Nintendo has been reprinting all the rares from waves 1-2, and two-thirds of people quit being interested since these things aren't valuable anymore.

What a helpful comment. Thank you for your contribution.

Thanks for clarifying how much effort I put into this. Now all I know all I have to do is try harder.

So fucking helpful. Thanks again!

Thanks for clarifying how much effort I put into this. Now all I know all I have to do is try harder.

So fucking helpful. Thanks again!
If you haven't quit your job so you can camp out in front of stores weeks ahead of time with a portable generator to keep your electronics charged in order to monitor the five minute online window at 3:00 AM to use as backup in case the store doesn't pan out then you simply aren't trying hard enough and have no one to blame but yourself for missing any figure.

Not to derail this discussion of business economics, but can someone tell me if the reprint Ike had the Wii U/3DS thing on the back?
I'd love to go by the production number, but I have no idea what a first print number is.

Someone should really make a site for that....hell I would if I could get help finding first print production numbers.
pretty sure it didn't have the n3dsxl on it. Marth restocks were around the same time which had the older non n3dsxl back. Meta Knight also around this time.

I believe WFT was the first to have the n3dsxl back so anything restock prior should have the old back.

I have all the NA first prints from waves 1-3, I could post a list... when I feel like it. But I'm just so lazy.

I have all the NA first prints from waves 1-3, I could post a list... when I feel like it. But I'm just so lazy.
Lol you know what, I'm gonna make a list of my first and second prints later today. I'll post when I'm finished and if you or anyone else wants to help me fill in those gaps I will make a site to refer to.

Posted cus I wasn't sure if the part where they said there's going to be offers on Nintendo products that day was in the old memo thing posted a while ago

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back