Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
Well got Dr Mario and Bowser Jr today (the extra bowser is a friend) course with imports you don't know how the packaging is going to come but the fiqures were just fine. I already have Olimar & Pikmin, ZSS, Ganondorf, Dark Pit, and Palutena. My Yarn Yoshi's are in New York so hoping they make it here soon.

[attachment=16046:20009_10152952855302805_430209320295838069_n.jpg][attachment=16047:11183442_10152952855237805_3480111395775402826_n.jpg]

I don't recommend ordering Amiibo figures from Target.com.
I've now ordered twice from them and both shipments were packaged in boxes SMALLER than the size of the Amiibo boxes. Meaning they had to be bent and crushed to make them fit.

They tried to tell me this was done during transit, but since the shipping box looks perfect I'm reluctant to believe them.

So far I've had the best luck with shipments from Wal-Mart arriving in perfect shape. Amazon has also improved since Wave 2 it seems.
Target fucking sucks when it comes to shipping. Their packing of items in the absolute worst. I've purchased 8 Amiibo from them and so far, only 1 arrived with an undamaged package.

I'm wondering if what a Gamestop manager told me a few weeks ago is actually true. He said that Nintendo instructed them (and other retailers) to no longer do preorders on amiibo, as well as to limit them to one per person. Both new amiibo since then (Palutena and Dark Pit) have not had preorders. I guess we will find out soon whether all retailers will no longer do preorders.
I could handle that as long as they're available online. I don't want to stand in line all day, but will gladly sit at my computer for the ones I want.

Just got my paluteña. Box big enuf to fit it. Even had those air packets. Then I saw the figure was put in not the long way with the long way of the box. Sideways so it doesnt fit unless its all bent. Bent amiibo. Whatever I give up. Opening all my amiibo.

It was weird today at my target we got a real restock on amiibos for the first time since 5/29.
Of course it was only 4 wario, 4 pacman, 4 bowser(smash), and 4 Mario (super mario series).

Just got my paluteña. Box big enuf to fit it. Even had those air packets. Then I saw the figure was put in not the long way with the long way of the box. Sideways so it doesnt fit unless its all bent. Bent amiibo. Whatever I give up. Opening all my amiibo.
Did your paluteña come from Mexico? Lol.

That's more than a little vague. When will it be restocked?
I can't give a time period of course. I'm just trying to say with all the amiibo restocks we've seen lately (meta knight, ness, pit, marth, rosalina, etc.) Previous conceptions that once certain amiibo sell out, they're gone, turned out to be untrue. Nintendo seems to be doing a better job of meeting demand lately then in the past. Odds are there will be more palutena amiibo produced at some point in the future.

lol.... I got it the same way, was it from nevada?

and we all thought it would be the other way around. I seriously didn't see wario being uncommon.
I expected Jiggly to be rare just like all the others. Then Wario I was expecting a between common/uncommon just because he's not a "mainstream" one like Mario. Also wheres Waluigi?

That's.. so... beautiful. Will be my first import if NA bundle is only way to get.
Unfortunately, the bundle is the only way to get it. This was officially stated when the amiibo was announced in NA...

I hope the pre-order goes up alongside ROB on amiami. I'll definitely get him then to offset the shipping. Otherwise, as much as I love it...I gotta have some self control lol.

amazon cancelled my import of dark pit, a prime eligable item that was fulfilled by amazon
That probably means the seller cancelled it on you not amazon.

Dark Pit will be easy to get on Friday based on the number I saw. Most stores are getting 50 and some are even getting close to 80.

My recent shipping experience:

• Dedede arrived well-packaged and in good condition from Gamestop.
  • Rosalina arrived well-packaged and in good condition from Target.
  • Palutena's card was doubled over just above the plastic and basically broken in half.  Plastic was not crushed and she would have easily fit in the box the other way.  Figure is undamaged, but the card is almost in two pieces.

Amazon's sent me some shitty packaging in my day, but Palutena takes the cake.  They literally bent the top half of the box 90 degrees so that the could shove it sideways into this tiny-ass box.  Wow.

[quote name="Explicit" post="12834481" timestamp="1438153425"]He's not in Smash, so no Waluigi.[/quote]

Maybe a MP10 one? He's in that right? And where are the rest of those by the way? I can't stand Warioware Wario.

That probably means the seller cancelled it on you not amazon.

Dark Pit will be easy to get on Friday based on the number I saw. Most stores are getting 50 and some are even getting close to 80.
Where did you see this? Another employee posted numbers and the most any store was getting in the district he showed was 44 with some as low as 18.

Where did you see this? Another employee posted numbers and the most any store was getting in the district he showed was 44 with some as low as 18.
Well given they have rules stated as one per person, and assuming 18 is a smaller foot traffic store, those should still last quite a while. It might be a problem if they allowed people to buy 20, but they have some very specific rules set up for this one.

https://corporate.bestbuy.com/dark-pit-amiibo-available-july-31-only-at-best-buy/

My recent shipping experience:

• Dedede arrived well-packaged and in good condition from Gamestop.
  • Rosalina arrived well-packaged and in good condition from Target.
  • Palutena's card was doubled over just above the plastic and basically broken in half. Plastic was not crushed and she would have easily fit in the box the other way. Figure is undamaged, but the card is almost in two pieces.
exactly what happened to me. i mean there was room for it longways.. i even put the figure back in the box along with the air packets and it all fit perfectly the longways. smh

exactly what happened to me. i mean there was room for it longways.. i even put the figure back in the box along with the air packets and it all fit perfectly the longways. smh
Same. Somebody shipping these Palutena out was definitely pissy. I guess they didn't want to spend Friday afternoon in a warehouse shipping amiibo.

Same. Somebody shipping these Palutena out was definitely pissy. I guess they didn't want to spend Friday afternoon in a warehouse shipping amiibo.
Or maybe they're mad b/c they couldn't get one... since they were too busy packing them?

I finally got mine yesterday. Management used the security cameras to check what happened (based on when it was marked delivered) and saw that USPS left it outside (not even in the vestibule) and then it was picked up by a neighbor (they wouldn't tell me know). Management notified said neighbor and the guy returned it to the office.

Everyone who got fucked over by Amazon's packaging of Palutena should remember to give them piss poor packaging reviews.  Also, you may want to contact customer service to see if they can replace the damaged one with an undamaged one.

Or maybe they're mad b/c they couldn't get one... since they were too busy packing them?

I finally got mine yesterday. Management used the security cameras to check what happened (based on when it was marked delivered) and saw that USPS left it outside (not even in the vestibule) and then it was picked up by a neighbor (they wouldn't tell me know). Management notified said neighbor and the guy returned it to the office.
Wow, you got lucky getting that back. And your neighbor's a dick. And a thief. I'd be nervous about sending any future packages to your address now knowing you have a turd like that living near you.

Wow, you got lucky getting that back. And your neighbor's a dick. And a thief. I'd be nervous about sending any future packages to your address now knowing you have a turd like that living near you.
I've never had any issues with packages at my place in the 2 years I've lived here, this was a first. They normally leave packages with the office, unless the office is closed due to management showing apartments and/or dealing with something. Theft of packages is a rising problem, which is why I'm pretty upset with USPS leaving it outside... what's worse, they marked it as left in the mailroom which is a flat out lie.

Well given they have rules stated as one per person, and assuming 18 is a smaller foot traffic store, those should still last quite a while. It might be a problem if they allowed people to buy 20, but they have some very specific rules set up for this one.

https://corporate.bestbuy.com/dark-pit-amiibo-available-july-31-only-at-best-buy/
I'm sure it will vary by store and area, but I live in a large population area and given that there were well over 100 people in line at the two local TRU locations for Greninja (and they also limited it to one per person and just barely had enough for everyone in line before opening) and there are only 2 Best Buys in the same area, I don't see how this isn't going to require an early line up given that best case scenario they only get 88 total between the two stores.

I've never had any issues with packages at my place in the 2 years I've lived here, this was a first. They normally leave packages with the office, unless the office is closed due to management showing apartments and/or dealing with something. Theft of packages is a rising problem, which is why I'm pretty upset with USPS leaving it outside... what's worse, they marked it as left in the mailroom which is a flat out lie.
Well there is a bonus now that your neighbor knows they can and will find him if he picks up packages that aren't his through video. Not to mention he probably realizes he will be the first one suspected if a package disappears. Wonder if he opened the package and he realizes that he risked arrest and eviction over a toy - if it wasn't opened he might have just picked it up to be helpful and hadn't dropped it off yet.

I'm sure it will vary by store and area, but I live in a large population area and given that there were well over 100 people in line at the two local TRU locations for Greninja (and they also limited it to one per person and just barely had enough for everyone in line before opening) and there are only 2 Best Buys in the same area, I don't see how this isn't going to require an early line up given that best case scenario they only get 88 total between the two stores.
It depends on how much the market has really changed. When the last wave hit it was prior to restocks that are killing resale value. Also last wave was in pretty big numbers (particularly if they had enough for 100 people in line). I don't doubt there will be a line, but some of the big money of reselling is going away which may discourage the scalpers. Waiting in line for an hour or more for a figure that will barely clear profit on EBay isn't a wise use of time. Add in you cannot buy more than one and everyone that collects knows exactly when and where to get one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back