Android Deals Thread V2

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
The old thread hadn't been updated in quite some time, so I decided to make a new one. If you happen to see a sale not listed in the OP, go ahead and post it and I will be sure it's added. The same goes for anything listed that has expired as most sales have no set time frame, let me know and I will remove expired sales. Thanks!

Google Play
Ongoing Android Game Sales & Specials
King's League: Odyssey - $2.99 $0.99
Waking Mars - $2.99 $1.99
Worms 3 - $4.99 $0.99
Worms 2: Armageddon - $4.99 $0.99 
Infinite Universe - $5.99 $0.99
Alien Breed - $4.99 $0.99

Miscellaneous Android App Sales & Specials
Nothing of note right now...

Amazon Android Appstore
Free-App-Of-The-Day: 10/9
Alphabet Aquarium Vol 1 - Normal price: $1.99

Sales and Specials
Nothing right now...

Other Sales and Promotions
Nothing right now...

Last edited by a moderator:
Its worth mentioning Star Command is the Amazon free app for today.
http://www.amazon.com/Star-Command-LLC/dp/B00FG1Q5J8/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top
its an okay game paid 99 cents for it when it was on the xmas sale. Glad i did not pay 3 for it.

HEADS UP

Kairosoft Co.

Changed their licences YOU MUST BE ONLINE TO PLAY THEIR GAMES NOW as soon as you go off line and close it down it will no longer work. AT this time they DO NOT KNOW IF THEY WILL ALLOW OFFLINE PLAY again

I'm enjoying a keypad app called SwiftKey which does a pretty good job predicting the next word when I type. The main reason I like it: Unlike the Google keypad and my Asus pad, it has left and right arrow keys making it easier to correct any errors.

The 30 day trial expired for the full version and costs $4 to keep. Do any of you have recommendations for one that might be better/cheaper? 

I'm enjoying a keypad app called SwiftKey which does a pretty good job predicting the next word when I type. The main reason I like it: Unlike the Google keypad and my Asus pad, it has left and right arrow keys making it easier to correct any errors.

The 30 day trial expired for the full version and costs $4 to keep. Do any of you have recommendations for one that might be better/cheaper?
if your willing to wait it goes on sale fairly often, I think i got it for 1$ or free at some point

I'd hold out and wait for a sale, it's -50% or more almost every month, occasionally even free. I use it myself and it's definitely the best android keyboard I've ever tried.

I use SwiftKey. Is the best one IMHO. I paid full price and don't regret it

Hmmm tons of praise for SwiftKey.  Gonna have to check out the trial.  The autocorrect on the normal Samsung keyboard is awful at times.

I use SwiftKey as well. I've paid for only 3 apps in 4 years, and Swiftkey was one. Swiftkey Flow doesn't work as well as Swype's prediction, but typing predictions are usually spot on.

Sonic & All Stars Racing and Transformed is on sale 60% off for $1.99.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sega.sonic.transformed

I didn't realize this was out for Android. The PC version is one of the best cart games I've played in a while. I don't know how it would be with touch controls but since I have a Shield I am going to go for it.
This is also one of the free games from PS+, which I'd guess is the same as the PC version. If I have that version, is there any reason to get this one?

I (sadly) have a crapsung too. The keyboard is awful. Try SwiftKey and you'll see, the difference is abysmal
The autocorrect is so fucking bad it makes me want to throw my phone sometimes. I've downloaded the swiftkey trial and i'll see if the autocorrect feels any better.

The whole trying to type on screen thing is why I got the Motorola Photon Q with the slide out keyboard. My thumbs and fingers just seem way to big for any typing/texting.  Unfortunately, there's only like two phones that they still make with slide out keyboards.  

I still have my Samsung Seek for phone calls and texting. It has a slide out keyboard and it's a "pay as you go" phone that I bought for $35 a few years ago. Gets the job done.

I can't imagine touch texting on a screen smaller than 7 inches. My tablet is a 10.1 inch Asus.

ikoid Bundle #5: "Final Frontier" - $1.75

• Planets Defense
  • QbQbQb
  • Shufflepuck Cantina GOLD
  • Smashing Planets (locked for now)
  • Xelorians (locked for now)
I'll probably get this when they unlock the last two games.
ikoid seem to have just released an Android app to manage the collection of games you buy in their bundles. It's still in beta, but should be functional. There's a post on their blog about it.

Any input on just a basic touch phone with no Shield?
I bought it for my 1st gen Nexus 7 (os 4.4), and framerate is not good. Possibly capped at 30, not sure.

On initial start the game didn't open properly (possibly due to rotation lock being on). Disabled and game started on 2nd go.

Tracks with long draw distance are unplayable IMO (~20 fps). Tilt controls are too sluggish atm, and touch controls are decent when framerate is good.

This could be solved with some Graphics settings, which there appears to be none.

City Maps 2Go Offline Maps

NOW FREE only till February 2, full Pro Version functionality!

Interactive offline map PLUS Wikipedia travel guides for the whole world. 100% offline. No data roaming or WiFi required. The most downloaded app of its kind. Ideal for trips abroad and at home.

City Maps 2Go Offline Maps

NOW FREE only till February 2, full Pro Version functionality!

Interactive offline map PLUS Wikipedia travel guides for the whole world. 100% offline. No data roaming or WiFi required. The most downloaded app of its kind. Ideal for trips abroad and at home.
This will still work if you change the date to Feb 1st on your Android. I saw someone on SlickDeals mention that.

Hey guys, I figured it out! Apparently, this guy's server is not in the US, so it's already February 3 there. Here's how to get the free upgrade to Pro:

1. If the app is installed, uninstall it.
  2. Install the free version of the app [google.com].
  3. If you have a firewall, allow internet access to the new app.
  4. Go to the settings, and manually change the date to February 1.
  5. Launch the app. You should immediately get a pop up message informing you that the app has been upgraded to Pro.
  6. Change the system Time/Date to reflect reality.
  7. Eat cake.
http://slickdeals.net/forums/showpost.php?p=65819302&postcount=5

Any input on just a basic touch phone with no Shield?
It doesn't support Shield anyway (or any controllers?) so HOPES DELETED for them. Touch controls and tilt work, for me it took some getting used to as I am use to playing it on a controller and I don't think I am so crazy about the touch controls personally.

I bought it for my 1st gen Nexus 7 (os 4.4), and framerate is not good. Possibly capped at 30, not sure.

On initial start the game didn't open properly (possibly due to rotation lock being on). Disabled and game started on 2nd go.

Tracks with long draw distance are unplayable IMO (~20 fps). Tilt controls are too sluggish atm, and touch controls are decent when framerate is good.

This could be solved with some Graphics settings, which there appears to be none.
It seemed to run mostly okay on my Note II and Shield so I almost wonder if maybe part of that is a 4.4 thing? Admittedly, I am not very far in though. I assumed controller support and am not loving the touch controls.

Also this game has some issues for some even on the PC version on some high end rigs. I know the Samba level on PC is a slideshow for me and I have a GTX 780 and a Haswell i7-4771.

10000000 is currently on sale for $0.99 (normally $4.99). It's a pretty fun mix of match-3 games and dungeon crawlers that I've put a decent amount of time into and would definitely recommend picking up. The main reason I'm posting about it though (besides to let people who don't check the OP that it's on sale), is that if you didn't know everyone who owns 10000000 prior to the release of it's spiritual sequel, You Must Build A Boat, will get it for free! Another thing of note is it is currently also on sale at the dev's site for $1.50, which includes both DRM-Free Android and PC copies as well as a Steam key.

It's been mentioned elsewhere on CAG, but I wanted to post it here since I know not everyone follows those threads.

10000000 is currently on sale for $0.99 (normally $4.99). It's a pretty fun mix of match-3 games and dungeon crawlers that I've put a decent amount of time into and would definitely recommend picking up. The main reason I'm posting about it though (besides to let people who don't check the OP that it's on sale), is that if you didn't know everyone who owns 10000000 prior to the release of it's spiritual sequel, You Must Build A Boat, will get it for free! Another thing of note is it is currently also on sale at the dev's site for $1.50, which includes both DRM-Free Android and PC copies as well as a Steam key.

It's been mentioned elsewhere on CAG, but I wanted to post it here since I know not everyone follows those threads.
thanks bought. :)

Kemco's latest RPG Alphadia Genesis has been released, and it's on sale for $4.99 (regularly $9.99).  Although the gameplay looks similar to all their other games, they've moved into PS1 nostalgia territory with 3D battles.

Kemco's latest RPG Alphadia Genesis has been released, and it's on sale for $4.99 (regularly $9.99). Although the gameplay looks similar to all their other games, they've moved into PS1 nostalgia territory with 3D battles.
Every game they release is always constantly "on sale for $4.99" with a supposed regular price of $9.99 but I have never once seen their games priced at $9.99.

They do have real sales once in a blue moon, usually around the holidays, where they sell all but their newest games for 99 cents.

If you really want a Kemco game now and are fine with paying $5 for it then go for it because it probably won't be 99 cents for a while but don't be fooled by their $4.99 "sale".

10000000 is great. I actually put through the time and effort to finish it.

I usually like the match-3, monster fusion/battle combo type games, but Kazin Rumble is just a confusing mess. The fact that it uses a slot machine mechanic instead of match 3 gems, doesn't help either.

I started playing Clash of Clans too. I'll probably never advance up the leaderboards but it s fun in that "build a structure, come back in 2 hours when it's done" type of way.

10000000 is currently on sale for $0.99 (normally $4.99). It's a pretty fun mix of match-3 games and dungeon crawlers that I've put a decent amount of time into and would definitely recommend picking up. The main reason I'm posting about it though (besides to let people who don't check the OP that it's on sale), is that if you didn't know everyone who owns 10000000 prior to the release of it's spiritual sequel, You Must Build A Boat, will get it for free! Another thing of note is it is currently also on sale at the dev's site for $1.50, which includes both DRM-Free Android and PC copies as well as a Steam key.

Wait, how would that work on Android? Google Play isn't set up that way. The game is on Steam and I'm pretty sure the sequel being free for 10000000 owners is only relevant there. The creator did say he wants to try to do something similar for Android like http://www.polygon.com/2014/2/3/5375066/10000000-owners-to-receive-sequel-you-must-build-a-boat-free]making the sequel free on launch day[/url], but I wouldn't rely on that.

Has anyone played Colossatron?
I was once in a grocery store that was closing... They had a WALL of BBQ sauce normally $10/bottle on closeout for $.25.

As I am filling my basket with 25c sauce some lady is questioning the value of the product out loud.

I said "look, you're paying $.25, if the BBQ sauce tastes like ass, just throw it away." Needless to say she bought several.

It's like shucking a $.10 cob of corn to make sure it has no brown kernels. Just put 10 cobs in your basket and call it a dollar.

Worst case, you lost a buck... I'm guessing these people have never played the lotto either.

These games are $.59... you can buy all TEN of them for $5.90. Enough said.

Please report back for the rest of us after you have tried Colossatron!

There's a reason why the $.99 pricepoint works so well... People don't generally mind risking a buck on the unknown.

EDIT: go figure... people have played this

There's a reason why the $.99 pricepoint works so well... People don't generally mind risking a buck on the unknown.
...and then you look back at the end of the year and realize you spent over $200-$300 over the past year on $0.99 "app" purchases, and yet you've only played about 10% of them for more than five minutes.

So I played that Flappy Bird game I've been reading so much about for a few minutes today.  Why is it that some of the dumbest games rise to the top in mobile gaming?

I was once in a grocery store that was closing... They had a WALL of BBQ sauce normally $10/bottle on closeout for $.25.

As I am filling my basket with 25c sauce some lady is questioning the value of the product out loud.

I said "look, you're paying $.25, if the BBQ sauce tastes like ass, just throw it away." Needless to say she bought several.

It's like shucking a $.10 cob of corn to make sure it has no brown kernels. Just put 10 cobs in your basket and call it a dollar.

Worst case, you lost a buck... I'm guessing these people have never played the lotto either.

These games are $.59... you can buy all TEN of them for $5.90. Enough said.

Please report back for the rest of us after you have tried Colossatron!

EDIT: go figure... people have played this
That doesn't mean the BBQ sauce is any good.

Wait, how would that work on Android? Google Play isn't set up that way. The game is on Steam and I'm pretty sure the sequel being free for 10000000 owners is only relevant there. The creator did say he wants to try to do something similar for Android like making the sequel free on launch day, but I wouldn't rely on that.
He's definitely giving it away free in some way, he just hasn't figured out how he's doing it yet. From his blog:

"It’s important for me to keep my word so, If you’ve got 10000000, you can have the sequel, the whole shebang, for free too.

For PC, I’ve spoke to Steam and Humble and there a pretty easy way of doing this – If you’ve got 10000000 when You Must Build A Boat launches, you’ll get have it automatically added to your relevant account.

I’ve not quite worked out a good way to do this for Google Play/Appstore yet. If I can’t come up with a better idea – I’ll just launch it free for a day, and then anybody who is a fan can grab it."

bread's done
Back