Android Deals Thread V2

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
The old thread hadn't been updated in quite some time, so I decided to make a new one. If you happen to see a sale not listed in the OP, go ahead and post it and I will be sure it's added. The same goes for anything listed that has expired as most sales have no set time frame, let me know and I will remove expired sales. Thanks!

Google Play
Ongoing Android Game Sales & Specials
King's League: Odyssey - $2.99 $0.99
Waking Mars - $2.99 $1.99
Worms 3 - $4.99 $0.99
Worms 2: Armageddon - $4.99 $0.99 
Infinite Universe - $5.99 $0.99
Alien Breed - $4.99 $0.99

Miscellaneous Android App Sales & Specials
Nothing of note right now...

Amazon Android Appstore
Free-App-Of-The-Day: 10/9
Alphabet Aquarium Vol 1 - Normal price: $1.99

Sales and Specials
Nothing right now...

Other Sales and Promotions
Nothing right now...

Last edited by a moderator:
These games are currently on sale on Google Play:

Watch out for those Gameloft games, I don't know if they have improved recently, but in the past they were super finicky about which devices they would allow. Usually it was just a very short list of the most popular Samsungs and maybe a couple of other models. Then they'd lock everything else out even though in many cases it would run on other device, if you fiddled with build.props and jumped through a bunch of hoops and what not.

I know that Tintin has a 2D backup version that you get instead of the nice 3D one if your device is not on their list of the 3D version. Or it used to anyhow.

These games are currently on sale on Amazon (credit to Too Damn High in the Amazon PCDD thread for pointing them out to me):

Plants vs. Zombies - $0.99 $0.59

Angry Birds: Star Wars II - $0.99 $0.59

Angry Birds - $0.99 $0.59

Ski Safari - $0.99 $0.59

Fruit Ninja - $0.99 $0.59

Doodle Jump - $0.99 $0.59

Cut the Rope: Experiments - $0.99 $0.59
Colossatron: Mega World Threat - $0.99 $0.59

Rabbids Big Bang - $0.99 $0.59

The Island: Castaway - $0.99 $0.59
picked up rabbids big bang apparently free too. used coins but it gave me a promotional coin credit making the grand total 0.

Apps for Android
Sold by Amazon Digital Services, Inc.
Review this item

59 Coins Item(s) Subtotal: 59 Coins Promotions: -59 Coins Tax Collected: 0 Coins Grand Total: 0 Coins

Stack the Countries is today's Amazon Free App.
picked that up for my son. also got the stack the states and aliens vs presidents by the same developer for free. I used coins, but then it said promotional coin discount for the same amount.

Apps for Android
Review this item

99 Coins Item(s) Subtotal: 99 Coins Promotions: -99 Coins Tax Collected: 0 Coins Grand Total: 0 Coins

Apps for Android
Review this item

99 Coins Item(s) Subtotal: 99 Coins Promotions: -99 Coins Tax Collected: 0 Coins Grand Total: 0 Coins

well, damn just went ahead and bought all of them. sweet deal op

So let me get this straight. 9mm is compatible with my ancient Droid X, but not my brand new Nexus 7? GameLoft, you so craaaazy!

picked up rabbids big bang apparently free too. used coins but it gave me a promotional coin credit making the grand total 0.

Apps for Android
Review this item

59 Coins Item(s) Subtotal: 59 Coins Promotions: -59 Coins Tax Collected: 0 Coins Grand Total: 0 Coins

picked that up for my son. also got the stack the states and aliens vs presidents by the same developer for free. I used coins, but then it said promotional coin discount for the same amount.

Apps for Android
Review this item

Apps for Android
Review this item

well, damn just went ahead and bought all of them. sweet deal op
Are you sure you dont have any promo credit cause if you do that is why its saying FREE.

i have 5 bucks left on a promo credit and it will take the money out of that even before using coins

I just got a promotional email for $1 toward mp3s for "buying" that dandelion app.

Also, I kind of want that plant growing educational simulator thing that got added to Steam a while back, when it gets bundled or on a cheap sale that is. :p

I got that credit yesterday with the Stack the Countries game. Gonna see if I get a second (doubtful).

Edit: On second thought, reviews say it has spyware.

I have tried to look around to no avail, but is there a place where I can buy google play credit online via Paypal?

I know I can purchase the physical cards at some retail outlets and will probably just wind up doing that but I was just wondering. It also seemed that buying the physical cards via walmart's site yielded cards that weren't activated from reading the comments. I also saw Best Buy selling them on ebay but it seemed to be physical cards with "free local pickup"

Just a heads up, flappy birds is getting removed tomorrow, so grab it now If you want.
I had no idea this game existed but since it's going away (and it's free) I pulled a Drabelincoln and grabbed it because OMG I might be missing out on something I probably will never play.

Also read up on the whole taking it down thing which sounds like it amounts to 'stop making me famous and giving me money!' Bizarre.

I honestly don't see why everyone has been freaking out and making such a big deal about Flappy Bird. I played a game exactly like it called Line Birds years ago, so it's hardly like this is some brilliant new game or one you can't find dozens of similar alternatives to.

I posted it a few pages ago, Flappy Bird is just an awful game with no redeeming qualities.  I don't understand why so many crappy mobile games rise to the top of popularity.  

Are you sure you dont have any promo credit cause if you do that is why its saying FREE.

i have 5 bucks left on a promo credit and it will take the money out of that even before using coins
maybe, but not sure what it could've been for. I haven't actually bought anything on the app store, just used the free coins they give me. I've never received any emails about any promos either so not sure.

maybe, but not sure what it could've been for. I haven't actually bought anything on the app store, just used the free coins they give me. I've never received any emails about any promos either so not sure.
They had a free $5 promo around christmas just for getting anything from the store, including the free app of the day. Could it be from that?

Sega is having a minor sale on Google Play. These games are all $0.99 right now:

- Crazy Taxi

- House of the Dead: Lost Reels

- Sonic Racing Transformed

- Virtua Tennis

I hope they extend the sale to the Amazon App Store so I can use some credit/coins.

Good heads up. Grabbing Crazy Taxi and Sonic Racing. Anyone play HotD on the android platform? I have had bad experience with shooters so I'm kind of iffy on that one. 

I've read House of the Dead is a good port. Shooting works well, though it helps that the game is on rails. Plus one of the later unlockables let's you play it more like a light gun game by tapping the zombies instead of moving the gun sights.

The vibration/haptic feedback as faux-rumble is terrible. I can't turn it off in Crazy Taxi, not even under android's "Sound" settings.

I've read House of the Dead is a good port. Shooting works well, though it helps that the game is on rails. Plus one of the later unlockables let's you play it more like a light gun game by tapping the zombies instead of moving the gun sights.
That sounds like it would make the game too easy. I've only beat the first level but the challenge was just right with the gun sights. Do you know if the third chapter has ever been on sale? The game seems pretty short with just two chapters, but I enjoy it for 99 cents.

How horrible is Sonic Racing Transformed? I really enjoyed the console version and thought I read the iOS one was decent. Seriously don't see how the Android one could be so messed up (according to Google Play reviews)

Anyone try this game yet? I have AC IV and the companion app but I'm curious about this sea battles game.

How horrible is Sonic Racing Transformed? I really enjoyed the console version and thought I read the iOS one was decent. Seriously don't see how the Android one could be so messed up (according to Google Play reviews)
Google Play reviews are filled with user error and complaints that games don't work on obscure device X or a custom ROM etc.

It's hard to say though how something will run on someone's device because there's so many different ones. There's always the grace period window where you can try something out and request a refund.

That fifteen minutes you get ain't much of a window. You get enough time to download the game, but not really to test it.

Personally speaking, I bought the first Sonic racing game for Android and detested it. Maybe Transformed is better, but I'm not eager to take a risk on it.

That sounds like it would make the game too easy. I've only beat the first level but the challenge was just right with the gun sights. Do you know if the third chapter has ever been on sale? The game seems pretty short with just two chapters, but I enjoy it for 99 cents.
Yeah the touch shooting is more for just fun after you complete the game. As far as I know the added chapter has never been on sale.

The reviews are saying that the game isn't compatible with their devices, not that the game is bad. If you look at the reviews of people who were able to get it running, most of them have been positive. Now, does this mean that it'll work on your device? For .99 I think it's worth a shot. .99 isn't even worth worrying about in my mind. And I think a lot of these incompatibility issues are down to user error. Make sure you have roughly a gig to install this game and 500mb left after.

Rayman Fiesta Run is currently -50% at $1.49.

Also there is a new bundle from iKoid:

Ikoid Bundle #6: "Droid Jam" - $1.49

• Frederic Resurrection of Music
  • A Story of a Band
  • Chiptune Runner
  • Soul Power
  • Chickens Can't Fly
I like the idea of the ikoid bundles but I can never bring myself to get them. I just don't want to deal with another service on top of Google, Amazon and Humble and top of that one that doesn't have an app or client that notifies you of updates and such.

*Edit: Okay I checked their page. I guess they have an app now. Bleh. I don't know. Maybe one of these days I'll cave. I just don't love the idea of a 4th app store on top of the others I already have. Also, if I'm going to cave this isn't the lineup that would make me do it.

I never complain about missing out on a deal, since it is silly.

However....

I JUST BOUGHT RAYMAN FIESTA FOR $2.99 A WEEK AGO!!!

fuck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

If it makes you feel any better I got Sonic racing transformed on 'sale' a week ago for $1.99 from $4.99 regular price and now they lowered the regular price to $1.99 it's on a better sale for 99 cents.

If it makes you feel any better I got Sonic racing transformed on 'sale' a week ago for $1.99 from $4.99 regular price and now they lowered the regular price to $1.99 it's on a better sale for 99 cents.
Did you play it? I read people with Samsung s4 complaining about it not working, and I have a S3

Did you play it? I read people with Samsung s4 complaining about it not working, and I have a S3
It works on the Note II which to my understand is more or less a bigger S3.

Err, scratch that. Apparently it's been disabled in Google Play for the Note II now. I could swear I had it running on it previously but maybe that was the Shield. I have too many damned devices.

Also I really hate developers who disable a bunch of devices in Google Play or just allow a short list of devices to work. At least give me the option to download the damned thing and see for myself if it works on my device.

The reviews are saying that the game isn't compatible with their devices, not that the game is bad. If you look at the reviews of people who were able to get it running, most of them have been positive. Now, does this mean that it'll work on your device? For .99 I think it's worth a shot. .99 isn't even worth worrying about in my mind. And I think a lot of these incompatibility issues are down to user error. Make sure you have roughly a gig to install this game and 500mb left after.
Hmm good to know. I have both a nexus 7 (2013) and a nexus 5 so I'm pretty sure it'll run on at least one of those. Thanks for the info!

BTW just want to recommend Rayman at this price. Definitely one of my most played android games!

Anyone else playing Marvel Puzzle Quest Dark Reign?

Alliances (and cloud saving! yes!) are coming to the next update. Should we form a CAG team? Any tips/suggestions?

I can usually place in the top 20 for tournaments but breaking into the top 10 seems out of my reach.

bread's done
Back