Android Deals Thread V2

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
The old thread hadn't been updated in quite some time, so I decided to make a new one. If you happen to see a sale not listed in the OP, go ahead and post it and I will be sure it's added. The same goes for anything listed that has expired as most sales have no set time frame, let me know and I will remove expired sales. Thanks!

Google Play
Ongoing Android Game Sales & Specials
King's League: Odyssey - $2.99 $0.99
Waking Mars - $2.99 $1.99
Worms 3 - $4.99 $0.99
Worms 2: Armageddon - $4.99 $0.99 
Infinite Universe - $5.99 $0.99
Alien Breed - $4.99 $0.99

Miscellaneous Android App Sales & Specials
Nothing of note right now...

Amazon Android Appstore
Free-App-Of-The-Day: 10/9
Alphabet Aquarium Vol 1 - Normal price: $1.99

Sales and Specials
Nothing right now...

Other Sales and Promotions
Nothing right now...

Last edited by a moderator:
I did get the music to work on my mobile amazon player after reading everyone's responses, but when I log into my amazon account on a computer, my music is listed with a price. And when I tried using amazon music player in the computer, the music didn't work

I had set it to automatically download all my "purchases" (21 albums in all) at the time of purchase. Downloaded about half of them before I went to sleep and continued the rest, which were queued to DL, in the morning. Had no issues.

I did get the music to work on my mobile amazon player after reading everyone's responses, but when I log into my amazon account on a computer, my music is listed with a price. And when I tried using amazon music player in the computer, the music didn't work
That's bizarre. Sounds like it's something specific to your account rather than due to this promotion in general, though. All the albums I bought through the deal/promotion/glitch/whatever show up and play in my library fine (both on the site on my PC and on my kindle). Also, when I go to the product pages for the albums I bought on amazon, they say "You purchased this album on April 10, 2016" and have a "Play in Library" button.

So, ya, basically everything's working fine in my account just like any other purchase.

Yeah, debating on that one for my Shield Tablet.
It seemed like a pretty cool game when it came out but I'm not surprised it didn't sell at $10. I might have to bite this time.

Machinarium is also on sale for $2.49 which is 50% off until April 17th.

Google Play Movies Earth Day deal - you can own the movie Independence Day for only 99 cents today.
That's alright, I'm pretty sure I already own a copy of the film on VHS in a cupboard somewhere. No need to double dip. :p

Good use of Google Play Credit, seems like.  Always nice to have the movie available through Youtube wherever, since UV isn't as pervasive.

A developer called Playdigious is having a sale where its games Evoland, Mechanic Escape, and Puddle + are on sale for 99 cents each. Mechanic Escape and Puddle + are Shield TV compatible.

PA2_950x335.jpg

Links at http://www.g5e.com/sale

All 3 Lifeline games are $0.10 each (normally $0.99)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=3+Minute+Games+LLC

Evoland - $4.99 $0.99
Had already mentioned Evoland two posts above yours, but it's all good! If it wasn't for us, the Android thread probably wouldn't get bumped at all! LOL!

Pang Adventures also released on the Play Store at the low price of $2.99, much cheaper than the $8.99 that PSN and Steam are charging. Also, it's Shield TV compatible.

I appreciate those who are posting deals here; not sure people get enough credit for keeping things going in Android land.
Thanks! I think that the Google Play Store is just as important to watch as PSN, Steam and Xbox Live since there are probably just as many people on Android devices and the games are typically much cheaper too! Just wish I used the Amazon Marketplace, but I'll leave that to others to post about.

Nvidia is currently running a deal where you can get a second controller for free with the purchase of a Shield TV. The controller is valued at $60. Can't link from my mobile device right now though. But, Shield TV is the best Android TV device available right now, and I own one so I can personally recommend it! My favorite feature on the controller is the built-in headphone jack which I think every controller should have in 2016.

Just got an push notification that the standalone Star Wars Pinball app has dropped to 10¢ (from $1.99).

Can anyone check if any of the Star Wars tables in the Zen Pinball app are similarly discounted?

Just got an push notification that the standalone Star Wars Pinball app has dropped to 10¢ (from $1.99).

Can anyone check if any of the Star Wars tables in the Zen Pinball app are similarly discounted?
All of the tables I don't own are showing up at 99 cents in the app. It's probably a May the 4th thing maybe the standalone one started early.

Hey, thanks for checking on that, TwelveVolt. May the 4th promo sounds right.
Time to pickup the last few SW tables needed to complete my set.

Hoping the Marvel Pinball Civil War table goes on sale too since the movie comes out soon. It's $1.50 on Xbox Live this week so I'm hoping that the Play Store will follow suit. But I too will pick up the Star Wars tables! Good find, OP!

On Google Play and Amazon it mentions the 50% off sale for the Star Wars tables.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.zenstudios.ZenPinball&hl=en

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.zenstudios.StarWarsPinball&hl=en

http://www.amazon.com/Zen-Studios-Star-WarsTM-Pinball/dp/B00CHNKJFO/

http://www.amazon.com/Zen-Studios-Pinball/dp/B00COMLLX2/

Funny Amazon didn't drop the price to $0.10 for the Star Wars standalone.

Hopefully Xbox will get a discount as well. Maybe that will happen later.

May the 4th be with you. :p

iTunes gets the Star Wars standalone for FREE.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/star-wars-pinball-4/id594811233?mt=8&ign-mpt=uo%3D4

Maybe Amazon will drop it to free as well.

Google doesn't allow developers to drop their apps to free. $0.10 is as low as it gets.

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic is also on sale for $2.99 on Google Play. A classic role-playing game and Shield TV compatible! Buy it now, people!!!

Also, Lego Star Wars is down to 99 cents on Google Play.
Thanks!

Same price on Amazon. Although, it doesn't seem to work for any of my devices. Maybe Amazon Fire only?

http://www.amazon.com/LEGO%C2%AE-Star-WarsTM-Complete-Saga/dp/B00NLOLYCK/

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.wb.lego.tcs

Looks like it normally sells for $6.99

I noticed that the Pinball HD Collection app has added a new table. Some of us got the app for free back Feb 2015.

What's new in version 1.0.5 (3507)
New Dream Land: Amusement Park Pinball added!

I also noticed that the premium versions of all the games released by publisher Handygames are all on sale for 16 cents each on Google Play. Some are Android TV compatible:

1941 Frozen Front
1944 Burning Bridges
Aces of the Luftwaffe
Dynamite Fishing
Ninja Hero Cats
Save the Puppies
Stage Dive Legends
Super Party Sports Football

It's also free on Amazon's Undergound, but I don't know if it works for all devices. :)

http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Knights-Old-Republic/dp/B017UYFNYQ/
The annoying thing I found about the amazon version (that a lot of other people complained about) is that it will only install to internal memory even though it says it's installing to the SD card (actually gave me a warning that there wasn't enough space on my SD card, which is a mostly free 32gb card). It's a pretty big game, so hard to make space if you have a 8gb device.

Not sure if they've fixed it since or if the google play version has the same issue.

I checked and all of the Star Wars tables are $0.99 in Google Play. So I guess if you want the $0.10 deal you have to get the Star Wars Pinball standalone app. It comes with the Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back table. Other Star Wars Pinball tables can be purchased as in-app purchases for $0.99 each.

The annoying thing I found about the amazon version (that a lot of other people complained about) is that it will only install to internal memory even though it says it's installing to the SD card (actually gave me a warning that there wasn't enough space on my SD card, which is a mostly free 32gb card). It's a pretty big game, so hard to make space if you have a 8gb device.

Not sure if they've fixed it since or if the google play version has the same issue.
"SD card" in Android parlance just means memory - they'll differentiate by saying internal or external SD, the latter actually being a card. The vast majority of Android apps only install to internal SD. External is mostly used for music, pictures, videos, and other files.

you could try Link2sd, an app that hard links the apps from the internal memory to an external SD card. Works great for me but i think you have to be rooted and pay for the pro version to be able to link all data.

That changes with marshmallow, depending on your phone manufacturer.  They introduced adoptable storage so that the first time you insert an SD card you can mark it as adoptable and at that point it will combine it into one large storage pool

However I think some manufacturers, including samsung, are being shady and removed the support for it so they could hock their higher priced larger storage versions

There is a way to manually do it though, since its built into the OS. You have to manually format the SD card through ADB and when you do that set some specific flags on the card. Then when you insert it its automatically marked as adopted

i.e.: http://bgr.com/2016/03/11/galaxy-s7-edge-tips-microsd-adoptable-storage/

adopted storage is completely different from having an sd card in your android device and telling it to move an app there, its completely transparent

However there are the obvious drawbacks. You cant remove the card once you've done this without basically doing a factory reset because its now considered your storage and will probably have blocks spread across it. It will also be slower so you should be using the fastest card you can get to do it, but you'd have the same issue having an app moved to an sd card.  But hey, if you want 200GB storage in a phone you dont have any other options out there

Adaptive storage is much better on paper than in practice.
It is. I got hosed last night because I didn't know you shouldn't move apps back to internal storage....and my Shield Tablet got stuck in a bootloop.

Tried formatting the card and it was still all screwed up. Ended up having to reset the tablet to original settings. What a pain in the ass.

I used it on two phones with marshmallow. Both lost settings on both phones randomly. Like I would start an app and it would think it was the first time opening that app. Reformatted to old style SD card and it doesn't happen any more.

Sure, it was nice having 144 GB of space, but not if I lose that much time with game saves and configuration.

Sproggiwood, a rogue like RPG that's been compared to Zelda, is 50% off down to $4.99. It's Android TV compatible. I've had this one on my wishlist for quite a while!

I have a fire tablet, and it allows a lot of apps from the amazon store to at least partially install to external. It varies by app, though. And it's a little annoying if you shut down the tablet frequently 'cause it takes 5 or 10 minutes to recognize the SD card after boot up, so you get an "SD card not found" error if you try to open anything before that.

Also had one issue where after booting, it told me like 20 of my apps were side loaded (they weren't) and forced me to manually update them so it could reinstall them. Not sure if that was some kind of clash between the new firmware's DRM and SD card detection or what. Hrrmm.

Buff Knight - RPG Runner is 99 cents, which is 50% off, on the Google Play store. The game is a cross between an endless runner and a rogue like RPG. Great game. I've been playing it on my Galaxy Tab for most of the afternoon.

Aralon: Forge and Flame 3D RPG is on sale for 99 cents on Google Play. It appears to be an Elder Scrolls: Oblivion clone, but it is Android TV compatible.

Also, I went to Target this morning for their deal this week where you get a $15 Target gift card when you buy $75 in gaming cards. I tried to buy $35 in Google Play, $20 in Steam and $20 in PSN, but the Google Play cards wouldn't ring up automatically with the deal. So, I showed the associate that there were Google Play cards next to the Steam cards on the shelf, and she did an override to give me the $15 Target card anyway. You can do a cross system buy, but there are only Nintendo eShop, Steam, PSN and Xbox cards pictured in the print ad, so YMMV on whether or not they will honor Google Play card purchases. You also have to text to get the coupon. The text sends you a link to a mobile site with a QR code, and they just have to scan the QR code.

Edited: When I redeemed the $10 Play card, I got a reward that is limited to recipients of Google Play gift cards purchased at Target between April 25th and May 5th, which is a free song download from the following list:

Alanis Morissette - You Oughta Know
Blue Man Group - Canta Conmigo
Chicago - If You Leave Me Now
Crosby, Stills & Nash - Carry On
Grand Funk Railroad - Nowhere To Run

bread's done
Back