Anyone else get these Gamestop coupons in the mail? NOW WITH SCANS.

akashhhhh

CAGiversary!
3 coupons:

10% off any new game
50% extra trade credit and all used games
$30 extra on any game system trade-in

Now with scans courtesy of GregSal1, major props to him:

picture2wy1.jpg

picturele0.jpg

picture3ir2.jpg

[quote name='djkunai']Just tried the 50% bonus at GS and it gave a 20% bonus only.
[/quote]

' Did you point this out to them? If you were denied, what was their reasoning (I would guess the "offer not valid on cash trades" or similar).

I'm anxious to use my coupon when MGS4 comes in, but I'm sure they'll try to pull a fast one on me, still.

Went into a store today, they had a copy of the coupons and were using them for everyone. It was awesome. Also, it wasn't a store listed on the flyer.

50% extra credit stacks with 10% edge bonus.

I didn't get them in the mail, but picked them up at moviestop. They had specific stores listed (NW Florida area). I read, and reread and I did not find anywhere that listed TIV up to retail value. I'm thinking about doing a bad thing and trading in Mario Kart Wii, SSBB & Rainbow six Vegas 2 with the 50% + edge then turn around and do the buy 2 get 1 free (same games) using the edge; net difference should be around $70 in my favor (assuming the TIV of each game is 35, 35 & 30 respectively). Hello near-enough free WiiFit after using that kick ass 10% off new game coupon on that same flier (81-70 ~ 11 + tax)

Edit: Went to Gamestop; of course the trace-in values weren't what were listed on the trade-in section of their website so... Super Smash Bros. TIV $30 ($48 after bonus), Rainbow Six Vegas 2 TIV $25 ($40 after bonus) and Mario Kart TIV $25 (

[quote name='autche']
so I ended up Trading in SSBB & R6V2 for $88 total and tomorrow I will pickup SSBB, R6V2 & Mass Effect (Collector's Edition, complete) used for $94.49 (plus tax); so the net change will be that I bought Mass Effect Collector's Edition for $6.49 (+5.67 tax, real total $12.16). I admitted I was working the system, and the employees said they didn't blame me and are considering doing the same. I just wish I knew they would hold the titles for me BEFORE I traded the games in, then I would have traded in Mario Kart too and could have had the exact same titles back tomorrow (that I would have traded in today) along with $38 ($32.60 after deducting the tax I would have been charged) Gamestop Credit; not as good as the $70 I was hoping for above, but not bad for getting back the exact same titles as you traded in and getting some store credit to boot.[/quote]

I have to admit. This post confuses me a little. So you traded in two games that cost 110$ for 88$, taking a 22$ loss. Then turn around and pick them back up (plus the free game) for another 12$. Wouldn't that mean the real total for the extra game was 34, then the cost of R6 was 55 and SSBB was 45?

[quote name='dyeknom']I have to admit. This post confuses me a little. So you traded in two games that cost 110$ for 88$, taking a 22$ loss. Then turn around and pick them back up (plus the free game) for another 12$. Wouldn't that mean the real total for the extra game was 34, then the cost of R6 was 55 and SSBB was 45?[/quote]

The two games (R6V2 & SSBB) cost $54.99 & $44.99 used at Gamestop (roughly $100). I traded in these two games for $88 store credit.

Using the B2G1F I will purchase a $54.99 (R6V2), $49.99(ME: CE) & $44.99 (SSBB) game; I will get the cheapest game for free ($44.99) so this costs around $105 used, however I will use my edge card (10% discount) to get these for about $94.50.

Local tax (6%) brings the total to about $100

Deduct my trade in credit of $88 from the $100 spent will be about $12

Games to be purchased are the same 2 I traded in (SSBB, R6V2) plus Mass Effect Collector's Edition

Hopefully that cleared up my rushed post from earlier; I definitely could've written it a bit clearer, but I think I explained it better this time.

My experience has been that these coupons are only going to work at those stores listed on the sheet. I have 3 gamestops in my area and 2 of them are listed. I went to the other gamestop not listed and the coupon sheet wouldn't scan at all.

I would love the extra $30 trade-in on a console to finally get rid of my old PS2. Any chance of a scan from someone?

Also, anyone try these coupons in NC?

Yeah what hoofrog said. I also have a PS2 I'd like to get rid of and an extra $30 might make it worth it. Count me in for another scan request, specifically California. I live in Fresno, CA which can be considered North or South CA depending on who you ask... I'd give the coupon a shot to see if they would accept it. It would be great to maximize my trip to the local GS's when searching for 2for1 games that are complete.

I got this coupon sheet in the mail yesterday. The stores on this sheet are good in the Pensacola/Panama City Florida area where I live. The coupons expire 8/31/08. I don't have a scanner but my gf does at work and will scan it tomorrow. I will have it posted by tomorrow evening after I get home from work. I hope it helps people out.

My gf and I went by her work, it's only 10 minutes from us to post the scans for you
Picture.jpg
guys. Let me know how these work out! I hope these help you guys:)
Picture3.jpg
picturele0.jpg

When I read the first post, I thought that they were fake coupons since I figured Gamestop wouldn't put out such good coupons and risk losing money.

I'm sure there's exclusions to those, like I know I already saw that the GBA and GBASP are excluded from the $30 bonus and I'm sure that if the games for the 50% bonus are going to LOSE them money, then they're excluded too.

Someone should just print up some of these and try them at their local GS, even if it isn't made for your area(like the Blockbuster coupons from about 3 months or so ago).

I'm totally trying in NY this weekend - one of my friends is a store manager and will do whatever he can to hook me up. I will post back with my results

I live in orange county CA. I didnt get anything like this, anyone around here have specific stores that are listed ? Thanks

There's 3 gamestops nearby me in Long Island. I'll try all of them and tell you how it goes and report which stores let me use them.

These scans are a little clearer with the color fixed. Also I cropped out the Only Valid at these locations so you can try them at your store but really YMMV here. :bouncy:

GS1.jpg

GS2.jpg

For people in Los Angeles, coupons are valid at:

Magnolia Center (Anaheim)
Glendale Galleria (Glendale)
Buena Park Downtown (Buena Park)
Eagle Rock Plaza (Los Angeles)
The Marketplace (La Crescenta)
River Oaks S/C (Santa Clarita)
Gateway Plaza (Santa Fe Springs)
Valencia Town Center (Valencia)
Quad at Whittier (Whittier)

Also, I tried the 50% extra at a store NOT listed and I received a 20% bonus.

At least that's something.

[quote name='djkunai']For people in Los Angeles, coupons are valid at:

Magnolia Center (Anaheim)
Glendale Galleria (Glendale)
Buena Park Downtown (Buena Park)
Eagle Rock Plaza (Los Angeles)
The Marketplace (La Crescenta)
River Oaks S/C (Santa Clarita)
Gateway Plaza (Santa Fe Springs)
Valencia Town Center (Valencia)
Quad at Whittier (Whittier)[/quote]

What, no Van Nuys love? Sheesh. I bet though that if you were polite and got a manager who isn't frazzled, they'd take it. Having been in retail for 12 years, I know that the old adage you catch more flies with honey than vinegar holds very true.

I'm saving this until Metal Gear Solid 4 comes out. $8.50 off the deluxe set is pretty freakin' sweet.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']When I read the first post, I thought that they were fake coupons since I figured Gamestop wouldn't put out such good coupons and risk losing money.

I'm sure there's exclusions to those, like I know I already saw that the GBA and GBASP are excluded from the $30 bonus and I'm sure that if the games for the 50% bonus are going to LOSE them money, then they're excluded too.

Someone should just print up some of these and try them at their local GS, even if it isn't made for your area(like the Blockbuster coupons from about 3 months or so ago).[/quote]

There were no exclusions for the game trade-ins (at my local gamestop); in fact I traded in SSBB for $48 ($30 base + $15 coupon bonus + $3 edge bonus). I originally bought it used at Gamestop for $35.99 a couple of weeks ago (25% off coupon + edge card). In fact, I went back yesterday and the chick behind the counter was boasting proudly to her coworker that I was the one that made money on the SSBB trade-in.

[quote name='BlizzardCyclone']These scans are a little clearer with the color fixed. Also I cropped out the Only Valid at these locations so you can try them at your store but really YMMV here. :bouncy:[/quote]
Welcome to CAG. I know you mean well by doing this, but it's a big "NO NO" to alter coupons and post. My advice would to you would be to remove the altered coupons and chalk it up as a lesson learned.

[quote name='CrimsonPaw']Welcome to CAG. I know you mean well by doing this, but it's a big "NO NO" to alter coupons and post. My advice would to you would be to remove the altered coupons and chalk it up as a lesson learned.[/quote]

I don't think it matters since any person who would try to use these would just as easily cut off the part that lists the stores. It's not like he altered text or anything.

How are you guys "making money" off of this when it says "offer not valid with CASH trades" So that means you can only get store credit back...which means gamestop gets all your money anyways ;)

[quote name='djkunai']I don't think it matters since any person who would try to use these would just as easily cut off the part that lists the stores. It's not like he altered text or anything.[/quote]

Agreed.

I used the 50 percent extra credit today. Wouldn't scan but the manager on duty just did an override for me no question asked. Since it didn't actually scan in the computer YMMV depending on how nice the manager is.

Yeah, I don't have to print a copy of this. I got it in the mail, though I wish I would have seen this before I bought GTA, but at least I got a gift card with it.

I tried the gamestops in East Meadow, NY and in Levittown, NY. Both tried to scan the coupon, no questions asked, but when it didn't work they told me it only works at select stores (just like the fine print says). :(

confirmed working in the bay area!!! got +60% with my edge card. works at the funcoland and game stop inside of southland mall. and Hegenberger Gamestop.
not quite sure what other areas because I wasn't able to get another flyer.
Gamestop is getting pretty good.. at least the employees are. I traded in my games to the Union city game stop and realized i didn't get the deal. went back to the store and the guy was nice enough to give me back my games to trade in to the southland game stop despite the store being busy with only one employee... pretty sweet.:applause: This is a whole different gamestop now. I used to hate it cause the manager tried to pull a fast one on me saying they didn't have any PS3s for me on release date despite me being first in line. His stupid reason was that I didn't pick up my phone when they called me. I got it after pestering other game stops. :D

Yeah, Gamestop was stupidly nice to me too, this time around. Like I said, they busted the coupons out themselves and used a store copy so i could keep my originals.

Weird.

bread's done
Back