Anyone else get these Gamestop coupons in the mail? NOW WITH SCANS.

akashhhhh

CAGiversary!
3 coupons:

10% off any new game
50% extra trade credit and all used games
$30 extra on any game system trade-in

Now with scans courtesy of GregSal1, major props to him:

picture2wy1.jpg

picturele0.jpg

picture3ir2.jpg

Traded in 2 copies of SSBB for $96 total (coupon+Edge). Then bought 3 used copies of SSBB for $90 (B2G1+Edge).

Made $6 and another copy of SSBB by walking into the store.

[quote name='djkunai']Traded in 2 copies of SSBB for $96 total (coupon+Edge). Then bought 3 used copies of SSBB for $90 (B2G1+Edge).

Made $6 and another copy of SSBB by walking into the store.[/QUOTE]

You live up to your custom title, DJKunai.

Now when are these coupons gonna be usable nation wide so we, too, can partake in these shenanigans?

[quote name='Ecofreak']You live up to your custom title, DJKunai. [/quote]

I heard Kunai's face will be on the next Blockbuster giftcard.

[quote name='Ecofreak']You live up to your custom title, DJKunai.
[/quote]

I heard Kunai has a giftcard to Blockbuster with a balance larger than the national debt.

I heard that an employee once asked Kunai to buy them a game, so he bought the whole store. He then fired the employee and kept the game for himself.

Blu-ray didn't win the format war- Kunai did.

Good lord - like djkunai needs more help with his flipping activity :roll:. You'd think all the retailers would know by now to make any and all coupons invalid in the greater LA area because of him. This one seems to be just the opposite. And how on earth you get employees to let you do stuff like trade in 2 copies and then buy 3 of the same game at a huge loss for the store I'll never know.

But... carry on - it makes for an entertaining read on CAG ;).

Tried to use it for Zack and Wiki at my local Gamestop and it didn't work unfortunately... Oh, well just $19.99, no biggie. The asst. manager was like, "we're in the top 100 GS stores, it should take it" but he was confused why it didn't.

With the various states coming out as they are, perhaps Gamestop is doing a rolling release of these coupons? And they expire at the end of August so I can see that as a potentially plausible reason.

I don't know if anyone mentioned it but I got this coupon in the Northeast. It list's select stores in Mass and New Hampshire.

Wow, it's like they chose to make these coupons black to make sure people would run out of ink if they tried to print 'em out. >_<

Damnit.

I hope this IS nationwide soon, so I can flip a couple copies of a few games and get enough for a couple new(er) games for cheap or nearly free. Of course, knowing my luck, this'll never happen around here.

[quote name='djkunai']I heard Kunai has a giftcard to Blockbuster with a balance larger than the national debt.[/quote]

Is that from when Blockbuster was giving $10 store credit for any used DVD? I bought tons of DVDs from clearance bins in addition to the one's I didn't want and I racked up 3 gift cards totaling over $1200. After buying a PS3 and games from Game Rush, I only have $7 left. It was fun while it lasted...

[quote name='WesWarlord']These might not be regional. Someone over the weekend posted the same three coupons, but said they were regional for Texas. They may be listed as regional but they are apparently being sent out to different areas. It is definitely worth a try.[/quote]

I can't find what you're talking about. Anybody know what he means?

[quote name='mattstockton12']What's the PS2 trade in value? I'm thinking of hawking it and putting that toward a PS3.[/quote]

Fat PS2 gets $40, Slim gets $45. Traded my fat PS2 in last week for $70 after bonus $30 coupon in the flyer.

These coupons will not work unless used in those listed Florida locations. Im from NJ and my friend is a GameStop manager and I gave him the codes to punch in and to scan and neither worked. I guess this is strictly YMMV as they could take the coupon and do a manual overide, but this really depends on the manager and usually are turned away.

Just wanted to say, I'm from Michigan and I got these coupons. So like, the coupons in that OP may not work for all, but these coupons are not specific to Florida.

[quote name='Lord Draconus777']Just wanted to say, I'm from Michigan and I got these coupons. So like, the coupons in that OP may not work for all, but these coupons are not specific to Florida.[/QUOTE]

I also received the coupons in the midwest region of Michigan.

Gamestop sent out an email today to employees stating that they will not accept printed out copies of these anymore and that it must be the original copy.

Didn't read through the thread but this will ONLY work in those stores, big company memo went out about it today.

Also... damn, used to live in Pensacola heh

Does anyone have scans of the GA coupons mentioned earlier? I've got a PS2 to trade in and I'd love that extra $30.

[quote name='djkunai']I heard Kunai has a giftcard to Blockbuster with a balance larger than the national debt.

I heard that an employee once asked Kunai to buy them a game, so he bought the whole store. He then fired the employee and kept the game for himself.

Blu-ray didn't win the format war- Kunai did.[/quote]

One time Master Chief challanged Kunai to a fight- Master Chief was so badly crippled that Halo 2 sucked.

Sonic the hedgehog once challenged Kunai to a foot race. Sonic lost so badly that he sold his running shoes and bought a tennis racket.

Kunai's tears are redeemable for Microsoft points.

Does anyone know if they have these coupons in the phoenix area, in going to be visiting there next week and I would like to trade some games with these coupons.

I went with my roommate last night to Gamestop so he could trade in his Fat PS2. The manager couldn't get the coupon to scan but he manually input the code to get it to work. This was at about 7:00p.m. My roommate got $65 for his PS2.

The manager left and let a normal employee do the rest of the transaction and we got GTA4 tax free some how. So we were basically paid $5 for taking GTA4 off their hands.

Either the manager hadn't received the e-mail about the coupon or it wasn't sent out everywhere. We are in East Texas so the coupons weren't meant for our area.

[quote name='WesWarlord']So we were basically paid $5 for taking GTA4 off their hands.[/quote]

No, no you weren't. You gave up something of value which reduced the cost of what you got in return. CAG logic can be so amusing at times.

"I hooked up with this chick last nite, and when I woke up this morning in a bathtub full of ice, I was missing a kidney, but she left $5 on the nightstand! Dude, basically she just paid to have sex with me."

[quote name='WesWarlord']The manager left and let a normal employee do the rest of the transaction and we got GTA4 tax free some how.[/QUOTE]

In some states, you are not charged tax on any purchases/parts of purchases that are paid for with trade credit.

[quote name='dfg']No, no you weren't. You gave up something of value which reduced the cost of what you got in return. CAG logic can be so amusing at times.

"I hooked up with this chick last nite, and when I woke up this morning in a bathtub full of ice, I was missing a kidney, but she left $5 on the nightstand! Dude, basically she just paid to have sex with me."[/quote]I agree with you, but that PS2 probably didn't have any value to him anymore. He probably could have sold it for a little bit of cash, I guess. But I will definitely never understand how people can say that since they paid for something with a GiftCard that costs money, that makes the cost of the item less. That should only apply to GameRush/BlockBuster because of flipping.

I'm going to give this a shot at a couple of GameStops around me, because I really want to trade in my old fat PSP for a new one. I'm going to attempt to get $80 for it at GameStop ($50 normally), and use that money for flipping material for GameRush, and buy the new God of War PSP bundle from them, entirely paid for by my original PSP. I'll be extremely happy if I can pull this off. The PSP is a little bit scratched up, and it's missing the analog nub, so I'm not even sure if I can get the $50 for it. We'll see.

[quote name='dfg']No, no you weren't. You gave up something of value which reduced the cost of what you got in return. CAG logic can be so amusing at times.

"I hooked up with this chick last nite, and when I woke up this morning in a bathtub full of ice, I was missing a kidney, but she left $5 on the nightstand! Dude, basically she just paid to have sex with me."[/quote]

My goal in posting was to let people know the coupon was still working at some locations. If there is a problem with CAG logic, try another site.

I'm sure after typing your message you felt a sense of accomplishment but comments like that will only keep people from contributing.

Anyone in the Riverside, CA area confirm that these work? I'm going to try it tomorrow but if anyone has done it I'd appreciate the trip.

[quote name='WesWarlord']My goal in posting was to let people know the coupon was still working at some locations. If there is a problem with CAG logic, try another site.

I'm sure after typing your message you felt a sense of accomplishment but comments like that will only keep people from contributing.[/quote]

I know you were trying to be helpful, and you mostly were. That's why I only quoted the stupid part.

[quote name='SuxoR']How do we sign up 2 get these?[/quote]

when I got this in the mail, it was sandwiched inside one of those coupon flyer compilations that you get in your mailbox with tires plus, pappa johns, cuts by us, hungry howies, etc.....

[quote name='Arolisci']Anyone in the Riverside, CA area confirm that these work? I'm going to try it tomorrow but if anyone has done it I'd appreciate the trip.[/quote]

Definitely work at Galleria and across the street on magolia in the Michaels center. In fact, the Michaels center guys have stacks of them.

[quote name='akashhhhh']Definitely work at Galleria and across the street on magolia in the Michaels center. In fact, the Michaels center guys have stacks of them.[/quote]

*had

Went to both Galleria and Michaels center.

Oh well. Since it doesn't expire until August I'll see if I manage to get lucky if I happen to be in the vicinity again.

Thanks for information anyways.

[quote name='h3ro']Anyone know if there is any promotion going on in NY?[/quote]

I tried 2 GS on Long Island - no luck.

Anyone have luck with these in NJ/PA? I'm doing a couple of gigs with my band this weekend and would love to cash in with these on the way :)

[quote name='dfg']
"I hooked up with this chick last nite, and when I woke up this morning in a bathtub full of ice, I was missing a kidney, but she left $5 on the nightstand! Dude, basically she just paid to have sex with me."[/quote]

Share those Digits Bro!

bread's done
Back