Batman: Arkham Asylum pre-order bonuses comparison and guide

Nebenator

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
Having trouble choosing which version and store to get Batman: Arkham Asylum? Use this thread for refference!

Stores:

• Amazon: $12 cheaper with 5OFFARKM code and Amazons lower price, bonus Comic Book

• Best Buy: $10 gift card, Batman DVD Pack

• Buynextgen.com: $43.95

• Gamestop: Bonus Scarecrow map (25% off any pre-owned games with pre-order, and additional Edge Card Discount is available, too)

• Gamecrazy: Joker T-Shirt

• Toys R Us: $20 gift card, $30 gift card if you are a Rewards R Us member (join here)

• Walmart: In-game armor (already unlockable if you complete the game)
Versions:

• Xbox 360: No bonuses

• PS3: Bonus Joker round

• Collectors Edition (for Xbox 360 and PS3): Previous bonuses + 14" In-Game Design Batarang, 50 page full color character encyclopedia, behind the scenes 5 chapter series DVD, Exclusive Collector’s Edition Challenge Map DLC
Conclusion:

• For stores it depends on if you prefer a comic and discount, a bonus map, or an even higher discount but no bonuses

• For versions it depends obviously on your controller and gamerscore/trophy preferences, and the extra round

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dejeckt']I checked Amazon a moment ago and they are still offering release day shipping for 5.99. If I were to order it before 10:00 am will the game arrive on the 25th? Will Amazon just use expedited shipping or use specially trained Amazon ninjas (im tired)?[/QUOTE]

As of 3:50 am EST, you have 15 hours and 40 minutes to order to get release day shipping.

[quote name='Bucknut']As of 3:50 am EST, you have 15 hours and 40 minutes to order to get release day shipping.[/QUOTE]

If he has FSSS, I doubt he'll be able to change it. I just checked mine for poops and giggles, and it was in the Shipping Soon stage (aka frozen and ain't jack you can do).

If this has been answered in this thread, if you can point me to the post I would greatly appreciate it.

I know Best Buy has their bonus deal for "Batman: Arkham Asylum" but does anyone think they'll pricematch the $30 gift card TRU is offering? I'm planning to head to a TRU tomorrow morning to see if I can get the game. There is a BB near the store so I might give it a wild shot and ask Customer Service there if they can up the value of their gift card. If it means sacrificing the 2-disc DVD, that wouldn't be a problem.

With that Toy's R Us deal...what would I need to do to get the $30 card, since I HAVEN'T joined that program yet.

I'm guessing the game rewards program thing can be signed up for here:
https://rewardsrus.toysrus.com/

But then...what? Do they mail me out a card, but I can't buy Batman tomorrow since I wouldn't have the card?

I guess I'd go this route, since Amazon isn't coming through with the codes.

[quote name='Wolfpup']With that Toy's R Us deal...what would I need to do to get the $30 card, since I HAVEN'T joined that program yet.

I'm guessing the game rewards program thing can be signed up for here:
https://rewardsrus.toysrus.com/

But then...what? Do they mail me out a card, but I can't buy Batman tomorrow since I wouldn't have the card?

I guess I'd go this route, since Amazon isn't coming through with the codes.[/QUOTE]

Have you even attempted to sign-up yet?

After completing the necessary forms, you're given the option to print-off a temporary membership card. They will mail you an actual card (can't remember how long it takes). Bring the temp card into the store with you, or have them look you up in the system.

Worst case scenario...you can sign-up in-store.

Yea, I signed up for the rewards program and printed out the temp card on Friday. Simple as that. I am going to put the $30 gift card to good use. Wife wants me to buy a couple of board games.

Cool, thanks guys! I may finally break down and do this (I've got too damn many "rewards" cards...like at least three so far, and didn't want this, even though it's cheap) But...$10 is a lot, and it's also the difference between me getting this or not.

Oh, wait, I never noticed until now it's only 10am until 2pm. No way I can get there, so forget this :whistle2:/

Hey don't know if this has been asked/answered but about the eb/gs exclusive..

Anyone know if the Dem Bones code is inside Batman Arkham Asylum package? Some people have claimed the code is inside the box. Just wondering if anyone can confirm.

TIA

[quote name='monsoon man']Hey don't know if this has been asked/answered but about the eb/gs exclusive..

Anyone know if the Dem Bones code is inside Batman Arkham Asylum package? Some people have claimed the code is inside the box. Just wondering if anyone can confirm.

TIA[/QUOTE]

Yeah the code is a piece of paper inside the box. Also the front cover has the "Scarecrow Dem Bones Code Inside" graphic printed onto the actual cover art. So unlike those stickers you usually see plastered on the shrink wrap, this one is actually engraved into the art permanently. Similar to how the UFC games were from GameStop that gave the two exclusive fighters.

example: http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=72507

if you look at the box art you will see that "GameStop logo" with the Scarecrow Dem Bones map inside picture in the lower right hand corner. You won't be able to take that off, and it will be on the box art forever

The PS3 version is the opposite and has the Joker's Exclusive Challenge Room engraved into the art with a Scarecrow Dem Bones advertisement actual sticker on the shrink wrap. (However the piece of paper with the codes for the PS3 Versions are also still inside the box)

Anybody select release day delivery on Amazon and had their game ship yet? I'm getting a little worried it's not going to make it tomorrow, but hopefully they UPS Overnight it.

[quote name='kidkash03']Anybody select release day delivery on Amazon and had their game ship yet? I'm getting a little worried it's not going to make it tomorrow, but hopefully they UPS Overnight it.[/QUOTE]

Mine has yet to ship yet as well. Currently a little concerned about it getting here, but also a little concerned about the CE. I didn't expect anything spectacular from the batarang (certainly not metal) but I wanted it to look nice enough to put on a shelf. All this talk of the CE being atrocious... I'm not sure if that's coming from people who expected it to be metal and therefore hate anything otherwise or if they're right.

Oh well... Cost me $30 total for the CE after my 50% off coupon that would have expired in a week anyways. Guess that's still a good price, even for JUST the game.

[quote name='tenzor']Yeah the code is a piece of paper inside the box. Also the front cover has the "Scarecrow Dem Bones Code Inside" graphic printed onto the actual cover art. So unlike those stickers you usually see plastered on the shrink wrap, this one is actually engraved into the art permanently. Similar to how the UFC games were from GameStop that gave the two exclusive fighters.

example: http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=72507

if you look at the box art you will see that "GameStop logo" with the Scarecrow Dem Bones map inside picture in the lower right hand corner. You won't be able to take that off, and it will be on the box art forever

The PS3 version is the opposite and has the Joker's Exclusive Challenge Room engraved into the art with a Scarecrow Dem Bones advertisement actual sticker on the shrink wrap. (However the piece of paper with the codes for the PS3 Versions are also still inside the box)[/QUOTE]

Thanks

[quote name='kidkash03']Anybody select release day delivery on Amazon and had their game ship yet? I'm getting a little worried it's not going to make it tomorrow, but hopefully they UPS Overnight it.[/QUOTE]

Dont worry, amazon doesnt always update their shipping status fast, it will be there.

I just signed up for TRU Rewards Program in-store. I went straight to the customer service and she asked me fir my name, address and phone number. I confirmed all the information was correct and she gave me the card with two keychains. Batman, here I come!!!!

mine is in "shipping soon" status, i have release date delivery, it's gotten to be an expensive day today AACE & FF Dissidia are both shipping today with release day delivery

[quote name='monsoon man']Hey don't know if this has been asked/answered but about the eb/gs exclusive..

TIA[/QUOTE]The real question is whether or not the GS box and the normal boxes have the same UPCs.

Typically, UPS doesn't pick up overnight air delivery stuff until the afternoon/night. The law firm I worked at had an overnight pick-up at 8:30 PM, and the next-day delivery usually arrived sometime before 11 am.

[quote name='DGibFen']Typically, UPS doesn't pick up overnight air delivery stuff until the afternoon/night. The law firm I worked at had an overnight pick-up at 8:30 PM, and the next-day delivery usually arrived sometime before 11 am.[/QUOTE]

Oh man, is shipping via UPS the norm for Amazon? It's been a while since I shipped from Amazon directly, but if it is that's great news. My mail service has been terrible lately and I was afraid it wouldn't show up tomorrow because of them.

[quote name='ohram']Oh man, is shipping via UPS the norm for Amazon? It's been a while since I shipped from Amazon directly, but if it is that's great news. My mail service has been terrible lately and I was afraid it wouldn't show up tomorrow because of them.[/QUOTE]

From past overnight shipments, it's always been Fed-Ex, but who knows...

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']From past overnight shipments, it's always been Fed-Ex, but who knows...[/QUOTE]

I'll take anything other than USPS. I've only ever actually seen a Fed-Ex truck in town once or twice before.

[quote name='ohram']I've only ever actually seen a Fed-Ex truck in town once or twice before.[/QUOTE]

I'm picturing dusty roads, miles between houses, with an old man in his rocking chair on the porch playing a banjo.

So the collectors edition isn't that great I guess?, my real interest was only in the crime alley map but not at paying 40 for it and some crappy other shit. I may have to stop by GS and cancel my preorder of the CE and just pickup the regular version instead and get my 40 bucks back.

[quote name='Vortextk']I'm picturing dusty roads, miles between houses, with an old man in his rocking chair on the porch playing a banjo.[/QUOTE]
You forgot the shotgun placed against the wooden wall behind the rocking chair

[quote name='Vortextk']I'm picturing dusty roads, miles between houses, with an old man in his rocking chair on the porch playing a banjo.[/QUOTE]

Have you seen District 9? Outside of my area it's pretty much that(not shacks but abandoned buildings and a lot of rubble), then dirt roads and miles between houses. I see a UPS truck maybe once a week. But we almost never have Fed-Ex. And sadly my neighbors do sit out on their porch. They don't play instruments, but they do like to scream their opinions to each other.

Back on topic, I was having a hard time deciding between the standard and collector's edition. But I decided on standard for now. If the CE does go down in price then I might jump on it. Though I said the same thing about Fallout 3...

i'm thinking about canceling my amazon order [ coupon & eca discount ] and trying to goto TRU tomorrow to get the $30 GC.

the pros are:
- get game right away [ amazon is set on free shipping ] - [ i start classes next week so this is good ]
- getting a $30 GC which is essentially 1/2 off next game purchase

cons are:
- i rarely shop at TRU
- GC expires at the end of OCT [ all the games i'm looking forward to come out in NOV - Assassin's Creed 2, COD:MW 2, L4D 2 ]

So i ordered mine through amazon this morning with the option of release day delivery still available at $5.99. The order hasn't been shipped as of yet...what happens if the game doesn't come by tomorrow? I'm kinda half expecting for the game not to come tomorrow.

[quote name='RonnieWrecked']i'm thinking about canceling my amazon order [ coupon & eca discount ] and trying to goto TRU tomorrow to get the $30 GC.

the pros are:
- get game right away [ amazon is set on free shipping ] - [ i start classes next week so this is good ]
- getting a $30 GC which is essentially 1/2 off next game purchase

cons are:
- i rarely shop at TRU
- GC expires at the end of OCT [ all the games i'm looking forward to come out in NOV - Assassin's Creed 2, COD:MW 2, L4D 2 ][/QUOTE]
I'm in the same situation

Has anyone seen the box for AA at Gamestop? I want to pick the game up tonight and return the TRU copy, but I don't know if it has their logo all printed all over it.

[quote name='RonnieWrecked']cons are:
- i rarely shop at TRU
- GC expires at the end of OCT [ all the games i'm looking forward to come out in NOV - Assassin's Creed 2, COD:MW 2, L4D 2 ][/QUOTE]

if you can use the card online, why not preorder one of those games with it? or how about getting xbox points with it?

[quote name='SanjuroTsubaki']Has anyone seen the box for AA at Gamestop? I want to pick the game up tonight and return the TRU copy, but I don't know if it has their logo all printed all over it.[/QUOTE]

yeah it is printed on it. See post #208 for more details.

[quote name='SanjuroTsubaki']Has anyone seen the box for AA at Gamestop? I want to pick the game up tonight and return the TRU copy, but I don't know if it has their logo all printed all over it.[/QUOTE]

This is what I had in mind, but I believe the "Exclusive Gamestop" is not a sticker, but printed directly on the cover.

Let me know if this works.

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']This is what I had in mind, but I believe the "Exclusive Gamestop" is not a sticker, but printed directly on the cover.

Let me know if this works.[/QUOTE]
It won't. tenzor's post is correct. They did this for Ghostbusters as well and regardless of me doing a switch (something not shady) I don't like the idea of purchasing a brand new game and be covered in a store's logo. However one would come to expect this from a company that sells opened new product.

I prefer it when the game companies would send us an allotted amount of cards with the code printed on them instead of doing it this way.

You can use the giftcard that expires to buy an actual giftcard.

All the promotional giftcards that I have gotten have not mentioned that you cannot buy another giftcard with it.....

[quote name='monsoon man']Actually the Best Buy Ad is misleading. I own that DVD and it is only 1 Disc double sided. One side represents each movie.

Unless they came up with a new version this is the one you should be getting.

http://www.amazon.com/Batman-Mr-Fre...ef=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1251044345&sr=1-2[/QUOTE]

Correct. It should also be noted, that version is Fullscreen, not Widescreen (both movies *are* available in Widescreen as seperate releases). So if that matters to you (I know it does to me), something to consider.

Or use the gift card and buy something worth $30, keep the receipt, and return it in its original packaging. They'll put credit on regular gift card that doesn't expire. Of course, this only works if it's on the way home, or close by. I don't think I'd go through the hassle if the nearest TRU was far away. =p

[quote name='Master Ninja']I've read the whole thread and I am sorry.

#1. The ToysRus deal is the BEST sign up and get $30 back c'mon

#2. The $50 Bonus from Amazon, is the way I went, remember trade in $50 worth of games and get that money plus 50% off Any videogame or accessory

#3. I ordered, the Batman PS3 Collectors Edition $99 Bucks, essentially came out FREE!! 50% off - $50 gift card!!!.

a. It has Exclusive Joker
b. The amount of swag it comes with is easily $99
c. Its a Freakin real size metal Batarang that Alone is worth $99, sharpen that baby up on a grinder and its a deadly weapon or Knife, if thrown can easily Kill.

That Kit alone is already fetching $200 on Ebay[/QUOTE]

So much for a "metal" batarang. Cheap plastic instead, thanks for nothing Eidos you cheap bastards. :roll:

[quote name='ohram']http://www.amazon.com/Batman-Knife-Set-New-Pouch-Batarang/dp/B001OUJ4DY/ref=pd_sbs_t_2 For those of you who want real batarangs for some reason. Don't leave these near your kids! (unlike the guy who reviewed them)

I also doubt these things would go well with your collector's edition set.[/QUOTE]

The review on that page is hilarious:
These are the real deal, my son can get over the fact the Batman sent them to us.
(corrected for spelling and punctuation :p)

[quote name='Warlock82']The review on that page is hilarious:
(corrected for spelling and punctuation :p)[/QUOTE]

I read that and was like, "Hmm, THIS is why they didn't put metal batarangs in the CE..."

I called Best Buy and Toys R Us to ask a couple questions.

TRU won't give the LEGO Batman in store as well, they said their online and in store deals are separate.

Best Buy also told me they would not match TRU's gift card (30 or 20 even) as they told me, that, "it's a rebate, not a gift card". I argued, but they're stubborn and idiotic.

I'm going to try it in-store though tomorrow, see what happens.

Try pointing them here: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?type=page&contentId=1118843518460&id=cat12098

It's their pricematch policy FAQ which specifically states:

*edit* sorry, wrong FAQ answer...

How do you handle a price match if an instant gift card is included with a purchase?
The value of an instant gift card with purchase will be considered when calculating a price match. If the combined value of a competitor's product and instant gift card is lower than the combined value of Best Buy's product price and instant gift card, Best Buy will match either the price or the instant gift card value, depending on the offer.

It would seem to go against their store policy to not give you the discounted price or a gift card. Helps to have an ad in hand, though.

Just got back from cancelling the CE and changing to reg version for ps3. Now I just got to decide if I want to go back at midnight to pick it up or wait till tomorrow as I asked and they wont give me my Dissidia psp bundle at midnight when I pick up batman so I'll have to go back for that anyway tomorrow. But Im leaning towards going back anyway because I want to play batman lol.

I was wondering could I buy Batman:AA at Gamestop tonight for $60 and then buy it between 10-2 tomorrow for $30 at TRU plus $30 GC and return unopened TRU version to GS for my $60 back. Is this possible or do TRU and Gamestop have different packaging?

[quote name='dude101589']I was wondering could I buy Batman:AA at Gamestop tonight for $60 and then buy it between 10-2 tomorrow for $30 at TRU plus $30 GC and return unopened TRU version to GS for my $60 back. Is this possible or do TRU and Gamestop have different packaging?[/QUOTE]

Yes, GS has different packaging than every other retailer selling this game.

bread's done
Back