Best Buy Trade-in Thread 2.0: Please see new thread.

BudzMcGee

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
At 276 pages and countless request for a new OP, it was time to retire the first Best Buy Trade-in Thread and start fresh. Thanks bh47 for your work in the previous thread (and providing the framework for this one)!

All Promotions are available in-store only, and they DO NOT stack!
Only the 10% Bonus from Gamers Club Unlocked will stack with these offers.
Please read FAQ below before asking questions!

Current Promos:
- 50% Bonus when you trade in ANY game.
Get a 50% trade in bonus when you trade in ANY game. Offer valid 01/01/12 - 01/07/12

- Trade 3, get 30% More.
Trade in 3 games or more and get 30% extra trade-in credit. Offer valid 01/01/12 -03/03/12

- 30% Bonus with any Pre-order.
Get a 30% extra trade-in credit when you pre-order any game. Offer valid 01/01/12 -03/03/12

Link: http://www.bestbuytradein.com/bb/Quo...VideoGames.cfm (click on "Show Promotions available in stores only" on top right)\

Upcoming/Rumored Promotions:
All promos that have yet to appear on Best Buy's site (or in an upcoming ad) are listed here:
None at the moment

Previous Promotions:
Promos that have expired:
- 50% Bonus with specific Pre-order from list.
Get a 50% extra trade-in credit when you pre-order any game from the following list: Halo 4, Mass Effect 3, Bioshock Infinite, Grand Theft Auto 5, MLB 12 The Show, Soul Calibur V, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Twisted Metal, Max Payne 3, Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City and Diablo 3. Offer valid 12/25/11 - 12/31/11

- Trade 2, get 25% More.
Trade in 2 games or more and get 25% extra trade-in credit. Offer valid 11/27/11 - 12/31/11

- 30% Bonus with any Pre-order.
Get a 30% extra trade-in credit when you pre-order any game. Offer valid 11/27/11 - 12/31/11
- 40% Bonus with purchase of any game $39.99 or above.
Get a 40% extra trade-in credit when you purchase any game $39.99 or above. Offer valid 11/27/11 - 12/10/11

- 50% Bonus with purchase of any game $39.99 or above.
Get a 50% extra trade-in credit when you purchase any game $39.99 or above. Offer valid 11/27/11 - 12/03/11

- Trade 3, get 30% More.
Trade in 3 games or more and get 25% extra trade-in credit. Offer valid 10/30/11 - 11/26/11

- 40% Bonus with any Pre-order.
Get a 40% extra trade-in credit when you pre-order any game. Offer valid 10/5/11 - 11/26/11

- 40% Bonus with Saints Row 3 Pre-order/Purchase.
Get 40% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order/purchase Saints Row 3. Offer valid 11/13/11 - 11/19/11

- 40% Bonus with Assassin's Creed Revelations Pre-order/Purchase.
Get 40% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order/purchase Assassin's Creed Revelations. Offer valid 11/13/11 - 11/19/11

- 50% Bonus with Modern Warfare 3 Pre-order/Purchase.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order/Purchase Modern Warfare 3. Offer valid 10/10/11 - 11/12/11 (Assuming this means a bonus for purchasing the game after it is released this Tuesday)

- 50% Bonus with Saints Row 3 Pre-order.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order Saints Row 3. Offer valid 11/6/11 - 11/12/11

- 50% Bonus with Assassin's Creed Revelations Pre-order.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order Assassin's Creed Revelations. Offer valid 11/6/11 - 11/12/11

- 40% Bonus with The Elder Scrolls V: Pre-order/Purchase.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order/purchase The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. Offer valid 11/6/11 - 11/12/11

- 50% Bonus with Max Payne 3 Pre-order.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order Max Payne 3. Offer valid 11/6/11 - 11/12/11 - This promo seems a little odd and there is a chance it is an error on the site since the game is so far from release.

- 50% Bonus with Saints Row 3 Pre-order.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order Saints Row 3. Offer valid 10/23/11 - 10/29/11

- 50% Bonus with Skyrim Pre-order.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. Offer valid 10/23/11 - 11/05/11

- 40% Bonus with Uncharted 3 Pre-order/Purchase.
Get 40% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order/purchase Uncharted 3. Offer valid 10/30/11 - 11/05/11

- 40% Bonus with Battlefield 3 Purchase.
Get 40% extra trade-in Credit when you purchase Battlefield 3. Offer valid 10/23/11 - 10/29/11

- Trade 2, get 25% More.

Trade in 2 games or more and get 25% extra trade-in credit. Offer valid 10/2/11 - 10/29/11

- 50% Bonus with Battlefield 3 Pre-order.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order Battlefield 3. Offer valid 10/9/11 - 10/22/11

- 40% Bonus with purchase of Batman: Arkham City.
Get 40% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order Batman: Arkham City. Offer valid 10/16/11 - 10/22/11

- 50% Bonus with Batman: Arkham City Pre-order.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order Batman: Arkham City. Offer valid 10/9/11 - 10/15/11

- 30% Bonus with Rage or NBA 2K12 Pre-order/Purchase.
Get a 30% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order/purchase Rage or NBA 2K12. Offer valid 10/2/11 - 10/08/11

- Trade 4 get an extra $20 Trade-in Credit.
Get $20 trade-in Credit when you trade 4 or more games (Current gen games only (no PS2) and $5 minimum for each game). Offer valid 10/2/11 - 10/08/11 **** This promo was cancelled early due to technical issues. There have been issues with this promo not working on some stores' systems or simply not even being available, the issue seems to be related to disc-only games (or any game that is typed rather than scanned) so plan accordingly. The $20 extra is once per trade-in, meaning 4 games or 123 games it will only be $20 extra per transaction. So if you want to trade in 8 games, do it in two separate transactions. ****

- 50% Bonus with Rage or NBA 2K12 Pre-order.
Offer was valid from 9/25 to 10/01/2011.

- 40% Bonus with Gears of War 3 Purchase.
Get a 40% extra trade-in credit when you pre-order/purchase Gears of War 3. Offer expired 10/01/2011

- Trade 3, Get 30% More.
Trade in 3 games or more and get 30% extra trade-in credit. Offer expired 10/01/2011

- 40% Bonus with any Pre-order.
Get a 40% extra trade-in credit when you pre-order any game. Offer expired 10/01/2011

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BEST BUY'S VIDEO GAMES TRADE-IN PAGE

Check most up-to-date TIV using BB's Video Games Value Estimator.

Check which BB stores do trade-ins here.
In-store trades are now done at the Trade-In Counter at the Gaming Dept.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

F.A.Q. Best Buy has a short FAQ here.

How does the get **% with pre-order bonus work?
The percentage is based on the final total of your entire trade in, so if the trade in is $100 and there is a 50% bonus your final gift card value will be $150. After trading in your games, the employee SHOULD then sell you the pre-order for $5.

How much is a pre-order at Best Buy?
Pre-ordering at Best Buy cost $5, in fact, you aren't supposed to pay any more than that (and most employees won't let you if you ask). Yes, you can use the gift card you just received from your trade-in to purchase the pre-order.

Can I cancel a pre-order and keep the bonus?
Yes, the trade-in and the pre-order are completely separate transactions. Nothing will prevent you from returning to the Best Buy canceling the pre-order and receiving a refund. Some users have claimed that they were flagged for doing this multiple times though and were denied, so be aware of how many pre-orders you are cancelling. Also keep in mind the obvious facts that this is not how the program is intended to work and over abuse will negatively affect the program long-term. Lastly, returns are tracks on a personal level by a third party. (Read: try not to cancel a bunch of pre-orders)

Do I have to cancel the pre-order at the same store where it was made?
No, this can be handled by any BBY. Don't be surprised if you get a customer service employee who says otherwise though.

Can I pre-order once and get the pre-order bonus on my next trade-in as well?
YMMV. Officially, the answer is no, but there is nothing that actually requires the employee to sell the pre-order in order to apply the bonus so if your blue shirt is in a friendly mood they may be willing. Doesn't hurt to get to know the employees at your store. That said, expect that you will have to pre-order another game and be surprised if you don't.

Can I combine a 3 games for **% and a pre-order for **% bonus?
No. Bonuses do not stack, and you must pick one or the other. The only bonus that stacks with other promotions is the 10% you receive if you are a Gamers Club Unlocked member.

How do I become a Gamers Club Unlocked member and get the 10% bonus?
Any video game section employee should be able to set you up with the GCU membership. It cost $15 and comes with a year subscription of @Gamer magazine. It will also get you a 10% bonus on trade ins and 10% off of used games (Make sure to point it out to the blue shirt doing your trade-in though as it is easy for them to skip, and they are still new to it). It can take 48 hours (or more) for GCU to show up on your Reward Zone membership.

Can I use my Best Buy gift card to purchase Amazon Kindle Gift Cards or Visa Gift Cards?
Yes, although some employees may not be aware of this and incorrectly refuse to do so. Visa Gift Cards have a $200 limit and a $6 activation fee. Amazon Gift Cards are available in $25, $50 and $100 depending on your store selection. IL does not sell Amazon Gift Cards. Yes, Kindle Gift Cards are good for anything on Amazon.

The value on the site doesn't match the store, why?
Sometimes the page may not update immediately. This is fairly rare though. The store's trade-in values are definitive though, so what they say is what you get. 99.99% of the time they will match up.

The value on the iPhone app is way off, why?
The app sucks for updating values (and some games simply don't show up), don't rely on it.

The game I want to trade isn't on the site, what gives?
While rare, there have been some games recently not showing up in the online estimator. You can always check in-store to see if the price is in their system and simply not online, but that is unlikely to be the case. When Best Buy doesn't have a game on file they can offer $1 as a generic SKU, but that's it. New releases appear to be added on Tuesday evenings. Many new releases are taking upwards of a week or more to be added to the site.

When do trade-in values update?
No one knows for sure, but major updates seem to come on Sunday and Tuesday nights (or at least have in the past). Sometimes an update will happen randomly, such as when GameStop has an advertised sale for a game well below Best Buy's trade in price.

What will be the TIV of Game X tomorrow/next week / next month/ etc
Nobody knows.

If I locked in a trade online, and the value drops, will I still get the locked in value when I mail it in?
Yes. You will get the locked in TIV as long as the item is received within 14 days of you locking it in (and the item is in the condition you described it as).

Can you lock in the price online then trade it in-store?
No.

Is there a limit to how many games I can trade in?
Officially, Best Buy only accepts 3 copies of a game, per system (i.e. you could trade in 3 copies of a game for Xbox, 3 copies for PS3 and 3 for Wii). This is for sure the online policy, but it varies in stores. Some people have reported being banned for trading in more than 3 copies of games, others have done so frequently without issue. Obviously it is YMMV, but do so at your own risk.

Can I trade game disc only, or do I need the case and manuals, too?
Best Buy accepts disc only games (for the same value as complete games). The trade in will take longer though as the employee will have to look up the games individually.

Can I trade in games that say "Not for Resale" on the back?
Yes, since the only thing that matters is the disc. Some employees will fight this though, and in that case, just trade the game in as disc-only.

Does Best Buy accept game hardware?
Currently Best Buy only accepts various versions of the Nintendo DS in store, but word is that will change soon.

Does the **% bonuses apply to game hardware?
No, games only.

When I do a in-store trade, I am asked: to be fingerprinted, to have my photo taken, how much I weigh, etc. What's the deal?
Pawn shop laws regulating trade-ins and resale of used goods varies from state to state or city to city. It is not Best Buy's rule, and varies from store to store depending on where you live. At a minimum you'll likely need a state ID.

I went to a store to do a trade-in and they asked for a Best Buy receipt. WTF?
Some stores are required to have receipts to accept trade-ins, again this is due to local Pawn shop laws and could vary from city to city. You can always check if the store(s) near you require a receipt on Best Buy's trade-in site.

Can I trade sealed games?
Yes. You must present your receipt for the sealed games you are trading in. It is ok if the purchase was made from another store. You do run the risk of drawing extra attention to yourself as trading in sealed products is often a sign of theft. Do not be surprised if this is questioned by an employee, or you are asked to leave, open the items and return.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread has gotten really silly. Those people like "iamthecheapestgamer" and others complaining that, well more like crying "waaa the flip got mentioned to many times so it ruined it, we should keep it secret".I say Give me a break!

This flip was good for at least two days and if you didn't get in on it then that is to bad or if you bought the transformer games and was waiting for a possible 50% this weekend then that is even more silly as it would only get you a tiny tiny tiny bit more and besides the 50% trade in was not for sure.

As far as keeping it secret, I say what??!! Honestly what good would that have done? So the "iamthecheapestgamer" person and a few buds could trade in the max (3) and then talk about that too secretly and nobody else here on CAG would know about the deal and the TIV would stay the same even though they reached the max and can't trade in anymore titles anyway. That makes no damn sense.

Like I said even with NICE SHARING and CAG friendly posters posting about the deal/flip it still lasted at least two whole days. If it was all that bad it would have gone away much quicker. I am glad so many CAGS got in on the deal and that is what CAG is all about. Sharing deals with fellow CAGS. That is what this site is all about... getting games CHEAP and getting deals and sharing that info. Why else are we here? To talk about politics and penis size?

As far as the complaining about other price drops like killzone 3, other games, other games that some members bought dozens of for the penny deals without sharing, games GF happens to be selling on a nightly basis by the thousands that happen to match a good TIV, and games from other deals..then the TIV drops... I say give me a break. The only crime there is that in some cases CAG members didn't share and bragged after.

If you are ordering games to come in the mail don't expect the TIV to be waiting until you get them.

If you don't want to share a deal you know of or you want to complain about a CHEAP GAMER site posting about cheap game deals then you really should become part of another site (as that is what this site is all about.) and shut the heck up.

Silly wabbits!!

[quote name='DudeImGodly']He's right. Things would run a lot smoother if people didn't constantly assume were the ones getting in on this, considering the lurkers, and asshole CAG who just watch thread like a hawk waiting for people to drop flips.

In theory, things go a lot better with a private, invite only thread. This cuts a lot of the shit we have to deal with here. No lurkers, No one staring at their screen, waiting for flips, and never posting, No dumbasses who can't read the first page of the thread and ask a million of the same questions because using the search function is too difficult. If we turned this back into the TIV only thread as in No posting of flips, and use the private thread for our addiction we take this out of the public eye, (as in, an unnamed CAG referenced us on the best buy forums) Just a thought.[/QUOTE]
This is ironic coming from the biggest bragger and mouth on this thread. Bragging about your exploits only encourages others on the margins.

[quote name='DudeImGodly']He's right. Things would run a lot smoother if people didn't constantly assume were the ones getting in on this, considering the lurkers, and asshole CAG who just watch thread like a hawk waiting for people to drop flips.

In theory, things go a lot better with a private, invite only thread. This cuts a lot of the shit we have to deal with here. No lurkers, No one staring at their screen, waiting for flips, and never posting, No dumbasses who can't read the first page of the thread and ask a million of the same questions because using the search function is too difficult. If we turned this back into the TIV only thread as in No posting of flips, and use the private thread for our addiction we take this out of the public eye, (as in, an unnamed CAG referenced us on the best buy forums) Just a thought.

But hey, maybe I'm just taking this too seriously, right?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='juden66']Enuf of this. First rule of flipping club, not talking about flipping club.[/QUOTE]

Case in point: these two above. Here is an idea why don't you go start a fight club instead of joining a website FORUM that discusses deals on games.

Damn I swear there are some real live ones running around here.

Here is another idea why don't we keep private all the game deals? Including Amazon, gamefly, etc etc. Then it will just be you and a few friends on a what will inevitably become on almost non-existent website. That has a store front of a site to talk about politics while in the basement the real stuff happens.

You guys are too much!!

LOL give yourselves a pat on the back for being so smart. :applause:

In theory, things go a lot better with a private, invite only thread. This cuts a lot of the shit we have to deal with here. No lurkers, No one staring at their screen, waiting for flips, and never posting, No dumbasses who can't read the first page of the thread and ask a million of the same questions because using the search function is too difficult. If we turned this back into the TIV only thread as in No posting of flips, and use the private thread for our addiction we take this out of the public eye, (as in, an unnamed CAG referenced us on the best buy forums) Just a thought.

But hey, maybe I'm just taking this too seriously, right?[/QUOTE]

My comment that you quoted acually wasn't directed towards you. you helped me out with the amazon thing before so you cool with me :)

[quote name='Pliskin101']Case in point: these two above. Here is an idea why don't you go start a fight club instead of joining a website FORUM that discusses deals on games.

Damn I swear there are some real live ones running around here.

Here is another idea why don't we keep private all the game deals? Including Amazon, gamefly, etc etc. Then it will just be you and a few friends on a what will inevitably become on almost non-existent website. That has a store front of a site to talk about politics while in the basement the real stuff happens.

You guys are too much!!

LOL give yourselves a pat on the back for being so smart. :applause:[/QUOTE]

:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

[quote name='Toss']This is ironic coming from the biggest bragger and mouth on this thread. Bragging about your exploits only encourages others on the margins.[/QUOTE]

Haha.

Tell me where I bragged?
I believe, you and Confoosious asked me to stop bragging.
So I did.

You told me to stop taking the "Holier than, thou" attitude.
So I did.

When i stopped you can see the flood of questions asking about things answered in the OP never stopped.

When I stopped none of the people referencing the GameFly deals never stopped, nor did they stop posting Transformers over the course of when it was alive, nor did they stop posting the list of GS flips.
You can't blame me for the actions of others.
I think the only thing i posted was a short term flip on Supremacy MMA, which at the time was trading for $23 and could be bought on amazon for $25

I'd like to see you use the search function, and let me know where i was bragging or talking shit to someone who didnt deserve it.

Of the top of my head i "bragged" once when everyone was posting how much they got that day, and you know something? I was vague about it. I didn't drop a list of every profitable thing i traded in. I said something along the lines of "Traded in around 30 games for $900ish, bought Dark Souls, Rage, and NBA 2k12. walked out ready to play some games"

Forever Yours,
Godly.

You guys do realize there's a very distinct difference between flipping games for profit, and buying video games at great prices?

Stop putting them in the same boat.

[quote name='juden66']Enuf of this. First rule of flipping club, not talking about flipping club.[/QUOTE]

This was also a hidden reference you guys don't seem to be picking up on.

"Enuf" talked about this thread over at Best Buy Forums.
:roll:

[quote name='strait edge follower']900 ? !!!!!!!!!!! When was this ? That's a epic haul ! Was it at bestbuy ?[/QUOTE]

:wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall:

LMAO

Of course, the games I ordered Wednesday and got today are now barely under what I paid for them... I figured a drop in TiV, but not $30 to $13.5 post bonuses.

[quote name='fmwross2']Of course, the games I ordered Wednesday and got today are now barely under what I paid for them... I figured a drop in TiV, but not $30 to $13.5 post bonuses.[/QUOTE]

Yep, we all have killzone 3 staring at us.
Mocking us.

[quote name='DudeImGodly']This was also a hidden reference you guys don't seem to be picking up on.

"Enuf" talked about this thread over at Best Buy Forums.
:roll:[/QUOTE]

I have no problem with people posting deals and flips but you are right on that one. WTH was he thinking?

What about these two I responded to earlier in this thread...

[quote name='nakanenui'] Even better if you can get BB to PM the GS sale, you can just buy and trade in one shot, yup.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='LuNchBoX.']ah my bb said they cant match gs =( there goes that idea[/QUOTE]

my reponse at the time "It may be me but this seems like a really bad idea. Like shi#ing where you eat."

Last edited by a moderator:
Big deal if you were able to exploit BB and rack up thousands in credit off of flips. That's part of the problem right there.. Some would just like to trade in a few games and put credit towards games to actually play during this fall season. Point being it just shows a high level of immaturity of some to come on here and brag about flips and profits.. Keep it to yourself! Your our own personal gain.

[quote name='strait edge follower']Anyway back on topic is the batman 50% thing confermed yet or is it still just a rumor ?[/QUOTE]

I was told batman will see 50%, this was last week.

[quote name='DudeImGodly']Haha.

Tell me where I bragged?
[/QUOTE]

At least once a week you brag about how much money you're making in trades. You always post a cash value. $900 here, $1000 there. You seem to mention it quite a bit so don't sit here and act like you don't.

And the fact that you are seeing such high dollar amounts means you're exploiting the hell out of these deals.

What thread are y'all talking about on the BB Community Forums? Enuf posts so much there, I can't really seem to find what comment everyone is referencing. I don't imagine him 'ratting this thread out'...he's been nothing but helpful around here to people with everything BB-related, and he's obviously got to be taking advantage of some of the same deals as everyone else, because there's no other reason he would be shopping there THAT much.

Anyway, if someone just wants to PM me the link, that would work, instead of clogging the thread with an outside link.

[quote name='Evolved']At least once a week you brag about how much money you're making in trades. You always post a cash value. $900 here, $1000 there. You seem to mention it quite a bit so don't sit here and act like you don't.

And the fact that you are seeing such high dollar amounts means you're exploiting the hell out of these deals.[/QUOTE]

You didn't understand my question.

We're referring to THIS thread. NOT the old one.
In the OLD one I did as EVERYONE else. I posted how much I got and what i did with it.

In THIS thread, "The Thread where Toss and Confoosious told me to stop" I stopped EXCEPT for one time, when once again I posted what i got and what i did with it.
No mention of the games traded in.

If I'm trading in 30-40 games My shits diverse. I don't peddle the same Transformers game a million times. I make less than 30% of my profit from the Game Fly deals.

By all means, use the "Search Thread" feature and tell me how many times equates to "quite a bit"

[quote name='Troutyogurt']This has probably been asked before but can't find it. does bestbuy carry visa giftcards or something similar I could use at another store??[/QUOTE]

it has
search function is great

Damn, i was going to go to BB today, but the TIV value for GT5 tanked from 23 to 16. Its 30 at amazon but i need BB credit for the 5 games I preorderd...

Sorry for asking this but how many here have received their GC Unlock sticker? I ordered mine on 9/11...surely I should have received it by now right???
I don't know BB's email and their CS takes too long

[quote name='winterlane']At first, I didn't think the nightly Gamefly deals were significant enough for BB to pay attention to them. There have been a few minor drops of games that have been included over the last couple weeks but no real tanking of TIVs. All of the decent deals from Wednesday's GF deals dropped tonight:

Just Dance 2 $15 --> $9
Killzone 3 $20 --> $9
RDR :ps3: $13 --> $8

Meanwhile RDR:360:, which wasn't in the sale, stayed the same. Sure, Just Dance 3 just came out today, so a drop for Just Dance 2 might have been expected, but the JD games have kept their value remarkably well over the last year and that is a pretty big drop for a game that still sells well. These orders from Gamefly wouldn't have shipped until Thursday, so in all likelihood, the vast majority of people haven't even received their orders. Yet the TIVs for those specific games tank. I don't think there is any doubt that they are watching more closely.[/QUOTE]

Don't jump to the conclusion that it was because of Gamefly or CAG so quickly. Keep a few things in mind; games tend to drop in value at a fairly steady rate all around. Gamefly tends to lead the pack in many cases, lowering their prices typically a couple of weeks or even a month before others do (I think this is a business strategy that works out well for them since people buy them up since it is still a good deal, rather than just the norm). So when you see Gamefly dropping prices (or Amazon, etc.) the odds are that they aren't doing that just to do it, it's just that time in that game's life cycle to start dropping in price; and if it is being sold for less than it will start to be traded in for less. Just how it is. Also, you all know the risk of having games shipped to you that you plan to ship. Some of you got burned, it happens, lets move on.

Rise of nightmares went up a buck, how odd is that? Glad Red Faction hung in there, didn't have time to play that before my trade in last night, which got delayed by Brewers going into a 10th inning, but god damnit it was worth waiting.

Last night's trade in was probably the smoothest yet, nearly 20 games and I was in and out in under 20 minutes with all the proper promos applied. They are getting better.

Had a pretty nice little day today. Half Price Books had a huge clearance sale in the twin cities at the State Fair Park and I picked up a bunch of $1 PS2 games and about half of them turned out to be worth $2 base. Add the promos and it's a nice little boost to add onto my next trade-in. Also nice since they all have their cases so it'll be a nice quick, easy trade. Also got a few books that look like good reads as well. Now I'm just hoping for a 50% bonus next week (personally I'm hoping for a Battlefield 3 pre-order bonus rather than the bonus for purchasing batman).

[quote name='he1l1o']Sorry for asking this but how many here have received their GC Unlock sticker? I ordered mine on 9/11...surely I should have received it by now right???
I don't know BB's email and their CS takes too long[/QUOTE]

I haven't received anything yet either.

[quote name='he1l1o']Sorry for asking this but how many here have received their GC Unlock sticker? I ordered mine on 9/11...surely I should have received it by now right???

[quote name='Evolved']I haven't received anything yet either.[/QUOTE]

Nothing for me either.

You don't need a sticker to get the extra 10%, just have them scan your rz card.

[quote name='strait edge follower']Looks like ill hold my trade ins for another week atleast[/QUOTE]

You risk another drop in TiVs. Not worth it for just 10%.

[quote name='spatenfloot']You risk another drop in TiVs. Not worth it for just 10%.[/QUOTE]No one has been able to confirm the 50% pre-order bonus.

It's also looking pretty unlikely that there's going to be a 50% pre-order deal next week (At least for Batman). Next Sunday is the 16th and Batman comes out that Tuesday, the 18th. That leaves only a 2 day window from when the deal would go live and when the game releases. So it doesn't really seem feasible.

They might do some deal for Batman next week, but I wouldn't hold my breath on it being 50%. You might just want to trade them in now, like spatenfloot said, don't wanna risk a drop in TIV.

I'm not one for conspiracy theories, but three good flips went on sale at a place on Wednesday. Come Saturday all those get not only a price drop, but a massive one. One of them only dropped for the system that it was on sale for (the other two console specific titles). I don't think this time it's due to a cycle.

[quote name='PimpLimp']No one has been able to confirm the 50% pre-order bonus.

It's also looking pretty unlikely that there's going to be a 50% pre-order deal next week (At least for Batman). Next Sunday is the 16th and Batman comes out that Tuesday, the 18th. That leaves only a 2 day window from when the deal would go live and when the game releases. So it doesn't really seem feasible.

They might do some deal for Batman next week, but I wouldn't hold my breath on it being 50%. You might just want to trade them in now, like spatenfloot said, don't wanna risk a drop in TIV.[/QUOTE]

You guys are right. I'll trade them in as fast as possible towards a preorder. I'll still get 50% with my card atleast. It's not 60 but still really good.

Honestly, if you don't get in on the flips, someone else will. All trade in places go through growing pains in the beginning, and the BB values will go Down eventually whether or not we take advantage of them. Just enjoy them while they last or STFU.
/End Rant.

[quote name='fmwross2']I'm not one for conspiracy theories, but three good flips went on sale at a place on Wednesday. Come Saturday all those get not only a price drop, but a massive one. One of them only dropped for the system that it was on sale for (the other two console specific titles). I don't think this time it's due to a cycle.[/QUOTE]

I share this perspective. Normally, I'd say it was just happenstance, but this time it's a little too coincidental for me to ignore.

[quote name='fmwross2']I'm not one for conspiracy theories, but three good flips went on sale at a place on Wednesday. Come Saturday all those get not only a price drop, but a massive one. One of them only dropped for the system that it was on sale for (the other two console specific titles). I don't think this time it's due to a cycle.[/QUOTE]

You have a firm grasp of the the obvious. :applause:

In corporate they have these little things called reports which they have to look at and then adjust certain variables to optimize profit and operations in different areas, all this is a part of their job. I know as strange as that may be to some these people actually are held accountable for their departments and jobs. So when they see certain numbers on these reports if they fail to act... well ....that is 101.

How many copies do you think they want of one game at an unreasonable profit or loss of profit?

Good luck with those conspiracy theories.:D

NoShitSherlock.jpg

i_have_a_firm_grasp_of_the_obvious_tshirt-p235155949844107110188w_400.jpg

Last edited:
[quote name='Pliskin101']You have an obvious grasp for the obvious. :applause:

In corporate they have these little things called reports which they have to look at and then adjust certain variables to optimize profit and operations in different areas, all this is a part of their job. I know as strange as that may be to some these people actually are held accountable for their departments and jobs. So when they see certain numbers on these reports if they fail to act... well ....that is 101.

How many copies do you think they want of one game at an unreasonable profit or loss of profit?

Good luck with those conspiracy theories.:D[/QUOTE]

You have know idea what you're talking about, do you..?

[quote name='DudeImGodly']You have know idea what you're talking about, do you..?[/QUOTE]

So sayeth the fool that wants to keep everything secret on a website forum about game deals.(oh yes then get mad at people getting deals) Maybe you should open up your own PRIVATE website and pay for the costs of it yourself as you and your fight club buds will only be out for yourselves and can't understand basic business.

It is obvious that you work at Mc D's or something close as any fool with a HS diploma and a real job understand how BUSINESS works and that what you quoted me on is actaully spot on.

Never had a manager job have you? Don't answer as it is an obvious NO!!

I am glad that members of CAG new and old got a deal that went on for over two days and I am glad that those good members also were not selfish and posted/shared about it. That is how it is suppose to work.

Now crawl back in your fight club hole and let this forum be what it is and let members share and share alike. We are not all like you, selfish, secretive and then angry when a website game forum's members get deals and talk about them.

Shoo Fly!!

[quote name='fmwross2']People sound stupid when they attack people they don't know on a message board...[/QUOTE]

let this two handle their beef. I can't wait any longer for a 50% trade in boost. TIV are dropping a bit to fast for my taste. Ill stick to the 40% and pre-order MW3. Hopefully some nice pre-order incentive comes to BB for this gam.

I can't trade till Wednesday. I'm really hoping the prices stay where they are. Or if they have to drop that the 60% with Batman becomes a reality. Maybe they are stoping the prices to be in line with gamestop after the bonus. I mean realistically they want you to preorder. So why not make a person have too?

Nba 2k12 I don't see a trade in value for Best Buy? I just got it as a gift and you cannot even play online because the system is not working. Thinking about trading it in for RAGE.

bread's done
Back