Best Buy Trade-in Thread: 50% Bonus with Pre-order of Rage or NBA 2K12, 9/25-10/1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bh47

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
!!! Promotions available in stores only, and they DO NOT stack !!!
Only the 10% Bonus from Gamers Club Unlocked will stack with these offers.

Current Promos:

- 50% Bonus with Rage or NBA 2K12 Pre-order.
Offer valid 9/25 to 10/01/2011.

- 40% Bonus with Gears of War 3 Purchase.
Get a 40% extra trade-in credit when you pre-order/purchase Gears of War 3. Offer expires 10/01/2011

- Trade 3, Get 30% More.
Trade in 3 games or more and get 30% extra trade-in credit. Offer expires 10/01/2011

- 40% Bonus with any Pre-order.
Get a 40% extra trade-in credit when you pre-order any game. Offer expires 10/01/2011

Link: http://www.bestbuytradein.com/bb/QuoteCalculatorVideoGames.cfm (click on "Show Promotions available in stores only" on top right)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BEST BUY'S VIDEO GAMES TRADE-IN PAGE

Check most up-to-date TIV using BB's Video Games Value Estimator.

Check which BB stores do trade-ins here.
In-store trades are now done at the Trade-In Counter at the Gaming Dept.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

F.A.Q. Best Buy has a short FAQ here.

:bomb: The values in the Lists do not match the values in the Estimator. What's up with that?
I don't know. It seems the Lists are usually updated on Sundays, and the TIVs are adjusted to reflect the List in a few days. But as trades are made, the TIVs may change and the Lists are not updated frequently. Again, check the Estimator for latest TIV.

The promo says "Trade 2..." or "Trade 3..." but I only want to trade 1 game, will I still get $x amount?
You will get whatever TIV is offered according to the Estimator for each game. The promo is titled "Trade 2" etc to make the giftcards sound more lucrative.

The 2 games I want to trade are worth more than $60 combined according to the Estimator. Does that mean I will only get $60 for the 2 games?
No. You will get whatever TIV is offered according to the Estimator for each game. For example, if your total according to the Estimator is $70, you will get a $70 giftcard.

:bomb: If I locked in a trade online, and the value drops, will I still get the locked in value when I mail it in?
Yes. You will get the locked in TIV as long as you ship it before the "Ship by" date "Your item(s) must be received within 14 days to get the quoted value" (as of 5/2), and your games are received in the condition you declared.

How long do I have after I lock in a trade online before I have to ship it?
30 days. Has been recently changed to "Your item(s) must be received within 14 days to get the quoted value".

Can you lock in the price online then trade it in-store?
No.

Is there a limit to how many games I can trade in?
According to BB: "We will not accept more than 3 games of the same title and platform from a customer (or address) in a year. Please do not submit more than the limit as excess submissions WILL NOT BE RETURNED." Example, you can trade 3 copies of Portal 2 for PS3 and 3 copies of Portal 2 for x360 without problems. Some people have been banned from trade-ins at BB due to the violation of this policy. If you plan on trading more than 3 copies of a game per platform by doing it through various stores, you do so at your own risk and discretion.

:bomb: Can I trade game disc only, or do I need the case and manuals, too?
BB used to be strict about complete copies, but this has changed, and ppl are trading games in store without manuals or cover sleeve for full TIV. If you trade online it's sometimes YMMV. I would advise you to send in complete games (case, disc, manual) since some ppl are reporting only getting 50% of the locked TIV.

I see people talking about getting Amazon giftcards by trading at Best Buy. How are they doing that?
Some Best Buys sell Kindle giftcards which can be used on Amazon.com like regular Amazon giftcards. You will not get the Kindle card with your trade, but you can buy them with your BB giftcard.

When I do a in-store trade, I am asked: to be fingerprinted, to have my photo taken, how much I weigh, etc. What's the deal?
Pawn shop laws regulating trade-ins and resale of used goods varies from state to state or city to city. It is not Best Buy's rule, and varies from store to store depending on where you live.

I went to a store to do a trade-in and they asked for a Best Buy receipt. WTF?
According to BB's own FAQ:
Q: Is trade-in limited to items I bought at Best Buy?
A: No.

I don't know why this happens, but apparently some stores do not have their system setup to take non-BB purchased items at this time. Check the link above regarding stores that do video games trade-ins first.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dgwillia006']Gotta love Best Buy, 63$ for Mortal Kombat (23$) and Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3 (22$). Got a price match'd copy of Dead Island for 45$, and gonna put the rest on White Knight Chronicles 2 ^_^.[/QUOTE]

who did you price match?

[quote name='Clown069']who did you price match?[/QUOTE]

wondering also...and if i already started my game can i still get a price match today? if not oh well still got 20 on the visa....but 15 is 15!

I price matched Toys R Us. Though...it might only work for today, because i think the deal IS only for today.

But im also hearing a lot of people got denied, so you might want to ask before you even grab the BluRay (Which is what i did)

And it wasnt technically 45, it was 60 with a 15$ GC, but i still consider it the same :p. Cant really top a great game on launch day with a 15$ GC and a free BluRay

[quote name='WV Matsui']Has anyone tried to PM the Deus Ex $35 price at BB?[/QUOTE]
would they price match the deus ex deal this week? considering the TRU deal is taking effect on the 11th

[quote name='exaznkid']would they price match the deus ex deal this week? considering the TRU deal is taking effect on the 11th[/QUOTE]

I know the one in Manassas Va would. Hell they price match stuff for me when I show them it on my smartphone...

The one in Martinsburg WV would not. They actually call the store etc. So I would have to wait to get it there if I chose to on Sunday.

[quote name='WV Matsui']Has anyone tried to PM the Deus Ex $35 price at BB?[/QUOTE]

Ad is not out yet, how would you go about PM without an ad?

[quote name='WV Matsui']I know the one in Manassas Va would. Hell they price match stuff for me when I show them it on my smartphone...

The one in Martinsburg WV would not. They actually call the store etc. So I would have to wait to get it there if I chose to on Sunday.[/QUOTE]
eh i guess it wouldnt hurt to ask, the worst they can do is say no or splash hot coffee in my face, considering im about to trade a mountain of games in

gotta wait til tru ad is legit. i wish i had deus ex as one of my preorders. $35 pm with 20 gc is insane. maybe saints row 3 will drop that fast, but i know resistance3/mw3/bf3/uncharted 3 no way in hell 35 within 30 days.

[quote name='Velo214']gotta wait til tru ad is legit. i wish i had deus ex as one of my preorders. $35 pm with 20 gc is insane. maybe saints row 3 will drop that fast, but i know resistance3/mw3/bf3/uncharted 3 no way in hell 35 within 30 days.[/QUOTE]

That's pretty awesome! Not a bad deal at all.

So, I'm new to this correct me if I'm wrong, I could use my $22 at gamestop that I got from trading hdmi cables, buy 44, 99 cent ps2 games, and then trade them for $1 each plus 40% pre order bonus at best buy, getting $60+ for them, correct?

oh i guess it wasnt one of the 1/5 my bad.
bestbuy didnt activate one of my amazon kindle cards, fuck now i gotta call and complain and probably go back up tomorrow. also ass hats said res31/2 off kz3 was online only, it's in the fuck n instore ad i was just told and confirmed, rage!

just got back from trading in a bunch of used games and i basically got interrogated. I had 6 games with 3 being multiples. The first thing the guy says to me is hmm..got a lot of multiples here?" I told him the multiples were from family and friends and he rolls his eyes and starts to inspect them by checking the disc labels, cases, artwork, etc. To make a long story short, he called over 3 people (1 manager, 1 other dumb employee, and 1 supervisor of some sort.) The kid tells the supervisor that he doesn't feel comfortable taking them after the manager said it was cool. Then I get questioned about why there is sticker residue on each case (they were from blockbuster). Way too much of a hassle. I'll stick with trading into amazon.

[quote name='Velo214']oh i guess it wasnt one of the 1/5 my bad.
bestbuy didnt activate one of my amazon kindle cards, fuck now i gotta call and complain and probably go back up tomorrow. also ass hats said res31/2 off kz3 was online only, it's in the fuck n instore ad i was just told and confirmed, rage![/QUOTE]

Which bestbuy did you go to?

ok, that was easy. they just said yeah it's instore so that was easy. and they said oops i guess they did forget so i just gotta get it activated but im stuck working til midnite so i guess tomorrow. hopefully after some awd packages arrive so i can do some flips at the same time. woot.

cysquatch? u in stl? i was at crestwood bestbuy, they all know me there but i had to deal with csr to try and get lego clone wars pm'd and deal but no luck, but oh wells. usually it all goes well but i was stuck with grumpy old lady manager, worst type of all. especially with my happy baby boy bouncing on their service counter and she's all upset cuz she has no more eggs left and is lonely and old(sorry).

wow they did hassle you. the worst i got was when i accidently traded in some games with generic cases but i forgot they had the blockbuster logo imprinted on the inside case. the guy was like hmmm are these from bbv we cant take them preowned, im like oh no i just grabbed some cases dont worry bout it ill throw it away, lol, he threw it away for me and put it in their generic cases. another time i still had the games sealed(doh) not completely but with that xbox360 sticker over the side opening and im like, hmmm yeah that's odd....lol

[quote name='Jesse757x']just got back from trading in a bunch of used games and i basically got interrogated. I had 6 games with 3 being multiples. The first thing the guy says to me is hmm..got a lot of multiples here?" I told him the multiples were from family and friends and he rolls his eyes and starts to inspect them by checking the disc labels, cases, artwork, etc. To make a long story short, he called over 3 people (1 manager, 1 other dumb employee, and 1 supervisor of some sort.) The kid tells the supervisor that he doesn't feel comfortable taking them after the manager said it was cool. Then I get questioned about why there is sticker residue on each case (they were from blockbuster). Way too much of a hassle. I'll stick with trading into amazon.[/QUOTE]

You guys have some really awful encounters at the BBVs and BBs. Shame. ):
Every BB/BBV in my area have been very kind to me.

[quote name='kyrhon']You guys have some really awful encounters at the BBVs and BBs. Shame. ):
Every BB/BBV in my area have been very kind to me.[/QUOTE]
Yeah i'm trading some in for the first time here soon and i'm hoping they will be cool.Its not like i'm gonna have 100 games so it shouldnt be a big deal.I have some multiples but there on different systems,in case they question.

[quote name='Velo214']cysquatch? u in stl? i was at crestwood bestbuy, they all know me there but i had to deal with csr to try and get lego clone wars pm'd and deal but no luck, but oh wells. usually it all goes well but i was stuck with grumpy old lady manager, worst type of all. especially with my happy baby boy bouncing on their service counter and she's all upset cuz she has no more eggs left and is lonely and old(sorry).[/QUOTE]

Yep I am, I was thinking about trading in a few games to go towards a preorder but your post threw me off along with the guy who got hassled by three employees.

I see they don't have allot of older sports titles in their online database, will they still take those in store? And will they not take it if theyre in those little gamestop slips?

40% more if you preorder any game

so if i had 3 20 buck games and just wanted to preorder one 30 buck game would iget

60 + 40% more (24 more) 84 bucks on a gift card if i preorder a 30 buck game....

or do i need to preorder 3 games if i trade in 3 games

i traded bout 50, straight in those slips no problem.
oh wow! i didnt know so many cags in stl, you and derclaw and msuhitman and shrike the mod. good stuff as long as we don't step on eacho other's toes. don't let my post throw you off, crestwood bestbuy is so super cool and easy with flips. try to go for a chic, but even the dudes are cool. peace brother.

hopefully we don't bump into eachother some time. running into derclaw was.... awkward. lol. he seemed like a good guy but it's so weird meeting online people in real life. especially when i got my baby and girls around me, lol. peace all

[quote name='Jesse757x']just got back from trading in a bunch of used games and i basically got interrogated. I had 6 games with 3 being multiples. The first thing the guy says to me is hmm..got a lot of multiples here?" I told him the multiples were from family and friends and he rolls his eyes and starts to inspect them by checking the disc labels, cases, artwork, etc. To make a long story short, he called over 3 people (1 manager, 1 other dumb employee, and 1 supervisor of some sort.) The kid tells the supervisor that he doesn't feel comfortable taking them after the manager said it was cool. Then I get questioned about why there is sticker residue on each case (they were from blockbuster). Way too much of a hassle. I'll stick with trading into amazon.[/QUOTE]

Lame, i traded in 8 ps2 games with 3 discs in each box .with no problems from the employee, in one trade, 60+ games at once. They ask and i tell them the truth - "I'd rather have Bb credit than Gamestop". They always agree with that. i just dont say "but i rather have visa or amazon than bestbuy credit" lol The problem is with the computers, error messages, gift card not loading...etc. Its funny how they have to print out one shhet of paper with a bar code for EVERY one of those $1 games. They need to hire an operations guy from gamestop if they want to compete.

Blah..every Gamestop around here has disc only copies of all games $4.99 and under and my Best Buy only accepts complete copies. I could have pulled off the 1260 ps2 game purchase of moving $600 gamestop credit to Best Buy.

where are these cheap ps2 games located? one store use to have a whole bunch of disc only crap at the register. how is the tiv to BB for these (assuming the BB takes disc only)?

[quote name='Gamer SDP']where are these cheap ps2 games located? one store use to have a whole bunch of disc only crap at the register. how is the tiv to BB for these (assuming the BB takes disc only)?[/QUOTE]

They are $.99 at gamestop..but they have a buy 2 get 2 free going for ps2 games. So, spend $2 at gamestop (or $1.80 if you have the PUR card) and get $5.20 ($1.30 each minimum) in best buy gift cards.

[quote name='Velo214']i traded bout 50, straight in those slips no problem.
oh wow! i didnt know so many cags in stl, you and derclaw and msuhitman and shrike the mod. good stuff as long as we don't step on eacho other's toes. don't let my post throw you off, crestwood bestbuy is so super cool and easy with flips. try to go for a chic, but even the dudes are cool. peace brother.

hopefully we don't bump into eachother some time. running into derclaw was.... awkward. lol. he seemed like a good guy but it's so weird meeting online people in real life. especially when i got my baby and girls around me, lol. peace all[/QUOTE]

:(

Anyway, I don't think we will hurt each other, since there are a lot of stores to gather from in st. louis (and it's a pretty spread out area) and might actually help each other with trade ins, since it is HARD to keep a store trained not to be jerks about trading in, unless you are doing it everyday. This way there are multiples of us keeping them on their toes.

Although, I used to play Magic pretty seriously, so I'd always be meeting people I knew from MTG forums at tournaments, so the "meeting internet people" thing has become old hat for me. Plus, nothing will ever be weirder than 90% of the people I meet selling crap on CL.

[quote name='shiftymcneely']Blah..every Gamestop around here has disc only copies of all games $4.99 and under and my Best Buy only accepts complete copies. I could have pulled off the 1260 ps2 game purchase of moving $600 gamestop credit to Best Buy.[/QUOTE]

Probably unless some other flippers are in your area and ran into the same problem. They left the games at GS because they couldnt trade them in to BB, so you walk in a week and a half later to realize the same thing. Have you tried to talk to the manager at BB to see if they would take disc only? Because almost everyone has verified that BB does not care it they are complete, as it just takes work to manually type each game in the system. Might be worth a shot, especially that kind of margin for profit.

[quote name='Gamer SDP']where are these cheap ps2 games located? one store use to have a whole bunch of disc only crap at the register. how is the tiv to BB for these (assuming the BB takes disc only)?[/QUOTE]

Go into Gamestop, ask where the PS2 games are. Some stores dont have any PS2 or GC games anymore, as they were shipped to other heavier trafficked stores. There should be a B2G2 sign on/near the bin of PS2 games. Minimum TIV for PS2 games is $1.

[quote name='slidecage']40% more if you preorder any game

so if i had 3 20 buck games and just wanted to preorder one 30 buck game would iget

60 + 40% more (24 more) 84 bucks on a gift card if i preorder a 30 buck game....

or do i need to preorder 3 games if i trade in 3 games[/QUOTE]

You only need to preorder 1 game to have the 40% promo apply to all your trade-ins.

So....I guess you guys trading in 50+ ps2 games now understand the slickdeals mentality. Even though they spend alot more money on their initial purchase, they will hoard in large quantities to make a reasonable profit.

:whee:

[quote name='Japakneez']So....I guess you guys trading in 50+ ps2 games now understand the slickdeals mentality. Even though they spend alot more money on their initial purchase, they will hoard in large quantities to make a reasonable profit.

:whee:[/QUOTE]

Yes. some CAG here has traded 50+ at Best bUy. It depends on the store.

I hope CAG doesnt become like slickdeals.....

oh i didnt mean to be rude. it would be the same meeting clan people off of call of duty or something. i just dont know any guy friends except a few bros that hook me up so it's odd seeing any guy in public. lol, that's why i felt obligated to shake your hand. ya know, like a gentleman ;) but yeah, it's good to keep bestbuy and places on their toes, lol.

n yeah, wow, i didnt know i had been flipping so much but i just cashed out 800 from bestbuy credit to amazon credit to keep me at a cool 1000 amazon credit. i then counted my bestbuy credit and im at 21xx.xx holy shit.

iv never done the mtg thing, but i once went to a pokemon/yugioh tournament expo. i didnt play at all but went with a bunch of chix and good time had by all ;) cosplay raver chix do the yu-gi-oh thing, i never knew til then. hotel party! pulled over by cops for going 90 while smoking a j, luckily he didnt smell a thing. crazy teenage years. long long ago.

what am i talking about i just had 2 chix spend the nite last nite and dye their hair purple party. im so zoned, i need to sleep.

im still frazzled from bestbuy saying resistance 3 and kz half off only online deal, grrr, it's right in the instore ad, grrr, gotta go back tomorrow and also get my amazon card activated, they freakn forgot to turn it on. 1 out of 16 isn't bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='The Punisher']Yes. some CAG here has traded 50+ at Best bUy. It depends on the store.

I hope CAG doesnt become like slickdeals.....[/QUOTE]

CAG has already become Slickdeals Jr, unfortunately.

I don't mind people flipping 99c games from Gamestop, though, as nobody actually wants that junk.

I'm might be moving to St. Louis from KC soon, and er... .... looks like I'm gonna have a lot more competition for deals, unfortunately.

damn velo thats pretty good. especially since it can be converted to amazon. I did get a 50' panasonic plasma thanks to flips...but it took me nearly a year to build up :)

holy shit more stl cags! wtf. lol just joking. the more the merrier... ;)

yeah i got my grrl a 32 inch 1080 samsung for xmas last year with flip money. cashed out all my gamestop credit and got her a ps3 also. pretty much just one flip too. it was when they were still taking 10 copies of each, i know im terrible, but i sent in 10 lbps for 30tiv that i got for like 13 each from some gamestop used sale. so 17x10 170 profit and then just flips here and there. once you get a decent amount of amazon/gamestop/bestbuy credit, it's just 'day trades' (nakanunui's term) from here to there to make lil bits. lil bits x 3 every week adds up tho ;) my grrl thought i was emptying my bestbuy credit. she guessed i had maybe 200 left... she was shocked when i said 2100.xx left after 800 amazon. she is very needy tho, so lol.

yeah $5 preorder can be canceled and $5 back easy. even if you gave them a giftcard and they pitched it, they can just issue you a new one or refund credit card or give you a nice $5 bill back. im waiting on resistance 3 still. i think im might do resistance 3 and kz3 for 20 and then flip back for 26/28, so it will be like 52+tax, so like 32 after 20gc. and i can get more than 32 if i beat it n flip it in the next few weeks. zone

[quote name='ethwang']You only need to preorder 1 game to have the 40% promo apply to all your trade-ins.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info, now to decide what game to preorder...I'm leaning towards Skyrim but I haven't played any of them....

just a tip for preorders. if you are unsure go ahead and preorder batman aa or battlefield 3 because you might get lucky and they will email you the robin dlc / battlefield 3 dlc codes. those might just be ingame cards or something, but who knows, they might just be emailed dlc codes they send first night, even if you do cancel. just heads up ya know

[quote name='Cysquatch']Thanks for the info, now to decide what game to preorder...I'm leaning towards Skyrim but I haven't played any of them....[/QUOTE]

DO IT! SKYRIM 4EVER. No exaggeration there. Get it. You won't regret it, until it ruins your social life and causes you to lose your job because you're addicted, but still, do it.

I bought that Tiger Woods 12 PS Move bundle & I'd like to trade-in the game but it doesn't have a barcode...Will BB accept trade-in's on games without barcodes? Thanks!

[quote name='Nucking Futs!']I bought that Tiger Woods 12 PS Move bundle & I'd like to trade-in the game but it doesn't have a barcode...Will BB accept trade-in's on games without barcodes? Thanks![/QUOTE]

Disc only

[quote name='Nucking Futs!']I bought that Tiger Woods 12 PS Move bundle & I'd like to trade-in the game but it doesn't have a barcode...Will BB accept trade-in's on games without barcodes? Thanks![/QUOTE]

Yes they do, I just traded in my LittleBigPlanet 2 from the collectors edition with no upc no problem.

[quote name='DudeImGodly']Disc only[/QUOTE]

[quote name='shiftymcneely']Yes they do, I just traded in my LittleBigPlanet 2 from the collectors edition with no upc no problem.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the confirmation! :)

Was it on sale at your store for $80 too? I've been thinking about picking up to try it out and trade in Tiger Woods. Just don't know if I would be into the Move games currently out.

Hey guys,

Can I get the 40% trade in bonus for trading in a Wii system if I pre-order a game? It's for my brother. He was about to trade it in at GS for a mere $30 bucks.

I'm also going to be trading in about 6 games tomorrow since they have that extra 30% promotion for trading in 3+ more games. Do the extra % stack, or it's either you get 30% or 40%?

[quote name='ceve2001']Hey guys,

Can I get the 40% trade in bonus for trading in a Wii system if I pre-order a game? It's for my brother. He was about to trade it in at GS for a mere $30 bucks.

I'm also going to be trading in about 6 games tomorrow since they have that extra 30% promotion for trading in 3+ more games. Do the extra % stack, or it's either you get 30% or 40%?[/QUOTE]

Is the Wii $30 base? You can get an extra $40 at GS for the Wii.
http://www.gamestop.com/gs/specialty/tradeins/

You only get the 30% or the 40%. However, you'll probably be able to always get an extra 10% starting 12th if you're an @gamer subscriber and convert your RZ gamer account to the super duper unlocked or whatever they're calling it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back