Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
**Is Call of Duty Black Ops 2 part of the promo?
Yes, Mike from BB corporate have confirmed this multiple times. You won't see any mention of the promo due to publisher request.

Click here for discussion on the 2013 $20 [Unlocked] RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo.

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f800bed8a

As a Reward Zone Program Gamers Club [Unlocked] member, you get $20 in reward certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from a select list of titles.

Get $20 in Reward Certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from the list of unreleased titles below:

Best Buy Pre-order bonuses
[customspoiler=Black Ops 2]
fo_codtag0506.gif

Free Exclusive Dog Tags
when you pre-order Call of Duty: Black Ops II on Xbox 360 or PS3.
fo_doublexp.gif

Call of Duty: Black Ops II Pre-Order Bonus
Test your skills with the Nuketown 2025 multiplayer map and gain access to Double XP Launch Weekend when you pre-order for Xbox 360, PS3 or PC. While supplies last
[/customspoiler]
[customspoiler=Far Cry 3]
fo_lostexp0401_2.gif

The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus
Far Cry 3, The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus Mission Discover the secrets of the island's lost World War II ruins in two exclusive single-player bonus missions and blast away your opponents in multiplayer with the unlocked Type 10 flare gun.

Single Player Mission 1: Forgotten Experiment
Trapped inside a forgotten research facility, your only way out is through the crumbling ruins. To escape, you'll have to activate the old experiments and unleash an electronic storm that could be the end of you.
Single Player Mission 2: Ignition in the Deep
Inside an abandoned military silo, the only thing standing between you and freedom are Vaas' pirates and a forgotten missile leaking a lake of fuel.
Multiplayer: Type 10 Flare Gun
Unlock the power of a gun that's modified to shoot 10-gauge shells.
You'll receive a code via e-mail on the game's release date for in-game access to the bonus content. Valid e-mail address required to receive download code.
[/customspoiler]

Do I have to be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member to qualify?
Yes, in order to qualify for the promotion customers must be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member at the time the pre-order is picked up or shipped.

If I am not a member of the Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked], how do I join?
You can only sign up for Gamer’s Club [Unlocked] in store. If you are signing up the day you pick up an eligible pre-order, the pre-order exchange and [Unlocked] sale must be completed on the same receipt.

Is this offer available for both in-store and BestBuy.com purchases?
Yes! Pre-orders and purchases placed both in-store and on BestBuy.com qualify.

Does it count on all editions of the game?
The offer is applicable on all Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game such as special editions, limited editions, collector’s editions, etc. (subject to availability). PC, Wii, or any other platform of any of the titles does not qualify as a purchase towards this promotion.

Can I purchase multiple of the same title and still qualify for the promotion?
You can only receive one $20 certificate for each individual title, regardless of version or platform.

There are twelve titles on this list. Can I get 12 $20 certificates if I pre-order and purchase all of them?
Yes! With this offer, members are eligible for up to 12,000 Bonus Reward Zone points if they pre-order and purchase all games.

How do I link my Reward Zone account to my BestBuy.com account to ensure my purchases are tracked?
Check out this handy post by Kyle-BBY with instructions on how to do so.

How long does this promotion run?
The promotion will end 7 days after the last game is released.

When will I get my certificates?
Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] members will receive their $20 certificate approximately 30 days from the date of pick up or shipping of each title as it is released.

Will I still receive my regular RZ points for making the purchases?
Yes, customers will still receive everyday points per the Reward Zone program rules.

Am I still eligible for all additional offers that might be available for the new games such as DLCs or free merchandise?
Yes, customers are still eligible for additional offers they may come available with these new releases.

If I return any of the games, will I still be eligible?
Any game returned will be disqualified for that title’s $20 certificate offer.

If I pre-order and/or purchase any of the above listed games using a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates, will they count as a valid pre-order and purchase towards the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A pre-order and/or purchase with a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates will count as an eligible purchase toward the $20 bonus certificate offer. The Reward Zone program rules regarding earning points when a gift card or certificate is used still apply.

If I find a lower price on the game will Best Buy price match?
Yes! Best Buy has a price match guarantee which can be found here.

If I receive a price match from an in-store or BestBuy.com purchased game, will I still qualify for the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A price match done in-store or on BestBuy.com within policy will not affect your eligibility for the $20 bonus certificate.

If you want more titles added alert BB of the games here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...o/idi-p/531520
PC Gamers request for PC games to be added here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...s/idi-p/528964
^Thanks Enuf!
[quote name='lordopus99']$20 Reward Zone Gamer's Club Unlocked for Dummies

1) You will not get your $20 RZ until around the 30-35 day mark (after purchase). Stop worrying about it until that point.
2) The RZ website is far from accurate. Proof in point, the RZ silver bar. Again, see #1. Patience is a virtue.

What does this mean on a purchase?
- RZGC UNLOCKED PO 10 DISCOUNT - Your 10% discount for Pre Owned Games. This will show up for ANY purchase (gaming or not) as long as you are Gamer's Club Unlocked.
- PS-(system)-(game) i.e. PS-X360-RESIDENT EVIL 6 - This is your preorder being deducted from the purchase of the game.

Preorder DLC Bonus - You need to have an email address associated to your Reward Zone account. This is the email address they will send your DLC code to. It typicially can take a day to obtain this. Potentially up to a week. Note your luck of getting this by the time you get home is a crapshoot. Wait a week and then call customer service if you haven't received.

FOR YOUR POINTS...
If your physical receipt shows like below, you should get your $20RZ preorder bonus.

EXCHANGE

Original Tran (Cust Serv Pin) Date

Return Items
Pre-order SKU PS-(system)-(game) 5.00-

Sale Items
SKU Name of Game for above 59.99

The complaining about these points/DLC need to die down. Come on guys/gals...

PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE[/QUOTE]
^Thanks lordopus99!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, I have a buy 2 get 1 free for pre-owned from the welcome back. I know I can't apply it on line but could I order 3 games, have it shipped to store, then return them after I back them up and rebuy them with my coupon or would that be something that is YMMV?

[quote name='aznhero913']Are we suppose to get the MoH dlc via email or is it inside the game case?[/QUOTE]

The map pack is in all limited editions, the online pass includes it, and bf4 beta

[quote name='Deader2818']Ok, I have a buy 2 get 1 free for pre-owned from the welcome back. I know I can't apply it on line but could I order 3 games, have it shipped to store, then return them after I back them up and rebuy them with my coupon or would that be something that is YMMV?[/QUOTE]

You can but don't actually pick up the items you ordered online.

There is a 2 hour (I think?) wait time after you pick up an online order so you can't return or exchange it for a couple of hours.

Instead of wasting a few hours, just go up to the counter tell them you want to cancel the pick -up order and rering it up in-store. They'll either give you the item to ring at the nearest cash register or rering it up then and there, depending on how busy they are.

If they bother asking why (most of the time they wont), you can either tell them the truth (you want to use the coupon) or tell them you wanted to change payments on the order (use GC instead of Credit Card you had on file).

[quote name='perfectsil']The map pack is in all limited editions, the online pass includes it, and bf4 beta[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the quick answer!!

[quote name='splattered']I just called my local BB and they told me i can't preorder the standard AC3 on PS3 anymore but i can on the 360. I've had the 360 version preordered for awhile now but wanted to switch platforms for the ps3 exclusive missions and content that you get for the Vita version.

He said i can come in on launch day and snag the PS3 version off the shelf maybe but i couldn't get the PS3 DLC.

Ugh.[/QUOTE]

that's retarded i've never heard that before, bestbuy has unlimited dlc they don't run out

[quote name='209chromatic']^ last time I had to return/rebuy they said I had to wait 24 hours.[/QUOTE]
They will tell you that, but I usually go to the nearby Costco, have lunch, and it's ready for return rebuy.

[quote name='jrr6415sun']it's been 4 days and my 1,000 MoH points aren't pending.. did the cashier do it wrong?[/QUOTE]

It can take up to 30 days. If you pre-ordered the game are are RZGCU and it doesn't show up in 30 days, contact Customer Care via phone.

How does BB handle pre order bonuses? When I pre order online they were sending me an email. How will it work if I pre order and purchase in store?

[quote name='DomLando']How does BB handle pre order bonuses? When I pre order online they were sending me an email. How will it work if I pre order and purchase in store?[/QUOTE]

It should print on the receipt when you pick up the game. And a few hours later you should also get an e-mail later with the same code on it that printed on the receipt.

p.s.

My MOH points are already pending on my account.

[quote name='bobphone']I PO'd AC3 months before I joined Unlocked. Am I still eligible for the $20 RZ? Or should I redo it?[/QUOTE]

You'll be fine. You just need to be unlocked when you pick up your game or join on the same receipt.

[quote name='bobphone']I PO'd AC3 months before I joined Unlocked. Am I still eligible for the $20 RZ? Or should I redo it?[/QUOTE]

Yes.

It's addressed in the first question of the FAQ's in the OP.

So the weirdest thing happened today...

Let me start off by saying I did my retun rebuy the other day an got all my money and gift cards refunded. And yes, because Dishonored was a promo game, and I had already issued the cert, they took points back and my account went into the negative. That's cool. I came to terms with that because I wanted the $60 back anyways.

Well this morning I just check my account and they credited me 2250 points. Odd because that was the last amount I issued into a cert before they took the refunded games points off. the difference from my negative point balance left me 1,178-ish points available to use.

Huh..

Question: PMing to TRU on Nov 2nd. Since I already bought the game, wouldn't the employee have to do a return and rebuy? And wouldn't that void the $20 dollar GC because one technically didn't preorder? Or does the employee just change the price on the original transaction and hand you back a giftcard or something?

[quote name='advanced']The second one. But they'll refund you the amount in the currency you paid, so either credit card, cash, store credit/gift card or RZ Cert.[/QUOTE]

Alright cool. Thanks.

So can i get 2 AC3 and a NFS by pming the target deal and them pm both ac's with the tru or frys deal? Get them to scan the 2 AC first with NFS being the free game and then get 3 games for a 100 bucks?

So to price match the Kmart deal for assassins creed 3 should I do it at he register when I pick up the game or at customer service desk after I already pay? I'll prolly just try it at the register since I never had a problem when I did a pm yet but just wanted ur guys opinion.

[quote name='darrenaw9']So can i get 2 AC3 and a NFS by pming the target deal and them pm both ac's with the tru or frys deal? Get them to scan the 2 AC first with NFS being the free game and then get 3 games for a 100 bucks?[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah that would make it real sweet if I got NFC pre ordered also that would prolly make it a pain with trying to price match with ac3 though so that was one of the ones I wanted to wait till bf for so ill see...

[quote name='knight19']It can take up to 30 days. If you pre-ordered the game are are RZGCU and it doesn't show up in 30 days, contact Customer Care via phone.[/QUOTE]

I think I might have the same problem - although I have both transactions, it doesnt look like it was recorded as a 'victory can be pre-ordered'. When I did it with Fifa12 they instantly showed up as pending on the transaction - I'll see what happens when I get AC3 on Tuesday

[quote name='darrenaw9']So can i get 2 AC3 and a NFS by pming the target deal and them pm both ac's with the tru or frys deal? Get them to scan the 2 AC first with NFS being the free game and then get 3 games for a 100 bucks?[/QUOTE]

They most likely won't pm the b2g1,but if they do each game would probably be 39.99..unless they do it differently. If each game is 39.99 then there is no reason to pm.

[quote name='knight19']It can take up to 30 days. If you pre-ordered the game are are RZGCU and it doesn't show up in 30 days, contact Customer Care via phone.[/QUOTE]

yes i know it takes 30 days, but every other preorder i've done (i've done 3 of them) the reward was pending immediately

[quote name='Outlaw1986']So to price match the Kmart deal for assassins creed 3 should I do it at he register when I pick up the game or at customer service desk after I already pay? I'll prolly just try it at the register since I never had a problem when I did a pm yet but just wanted ur guys opinion.[/QUOTE]

Good question, was wondering the same thing. I never pricematched a preorder on upon pickup before with the BB $20 reward in play. I don't want them to mess upithe $20 on me.

Got an @Gamer coupon for B2G1. Can I buy 2 copies of the same game and get one free? I know I can only get one $20 coupon for the pre-order offer.

[quote name='kylerg']Got an @Gamer coupon for B2G1. Can I buy 2 copies of the same game and get one free? I know I can only get one $20 coupon for the pre-order offer.[/QUOTE]

B2g1 is only for game $39.99 and under.

People have reported that the games don't need to be under 39.99 but the free game does.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']B2g1 is only for game $39.99 and under.

People have reported that the games don't need to be under 39.99 but the free game does.[/QUOTE]

yup. checked it out again. fail the first time I read it.

I'm pretty disappointed that the B2G1 welcoming coupon limits the free game to $39.99. That's really lame. I guess I have to time it with a sale this holiday season. They should have just make it a regular B2G1 instead of complicating things. This with the fact that my points still haven't posted from a month ago makes me regret signing up for this program.

[quote name='Blackout']I'm pretty disappointed that the B2G1 welcoming coupon limits the free game to $39.99. That's really lame. I guess I have to time it with a sale this holiday season. They should have just make it a regular B2G1 instead of complicating things. This with the fact that my points still haven't posted from a month ago makes me regret signing up for this program.[/QUOTE]

Umm they just had a B2G1, so you wouldn't need a coupon. And call customer service about your points. If it's been more than a month, that would be the thing to do.

I pre-ordered halo 4 for my brother online via bestbuy.com and paid it off in full to get the $20 rz certificate for myself. I now want to buy Halo 4 for myself too..is there any way I would be able do the promotion twice? I don't currently see any other store doing as good of a deal as BBY.

[quote name='aircobra']Umm they just had a B2G1, so you wouldn't need a coupon. And call customer service about your points. If it's been more than a month, that would be the thing to do.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't matter if they just had one. If I signed up during the summer or even next week you would be stuck with the same coupon promotion. Why limit it in the first place? At least GameStop posts your points the same day or at least 24 hours later and gives you a better welcoming coupon.

[quote name='intoxicated662']I pre-ordered halo 4 for my brother online via bestbuy.com and paid it off in full to get the $20 rz certificate for myself. I now want to buy Halo 4 for myself too..is there any way I would be able do the promotion twice? I don't currently see any other store doing as good of a deal as BBY.[/QUOTE]

nope. you would need another gamers club membership.

[quote name='Blackout']Doesn't matter if they just had one. If I signed up during the summer or even next week you would be stuck with the same coupon promotion. Why limit it in the first place? At least GameStop posts your points the same day or at least 24 hours later and gives you a better welcoming coupon.[/QUOTE]

But BBY gives you 80 other coupons throughout the year in the @Gamer mag. The GS coupon is also on used games. Not really sure why this is even a complaint. It is easy to find 3 $39.99 and below games to use this coupon on. Also, no one is forcing you to use it. Are you buying some digital content just because they are giving you 10% off?

For those who were going to the midnight launch for AC3, there's a discrepancy in the number of commemorative coins available. The online weekly ad (page 23) states there will be 15 available but the Gaming Events page had previously stated there will be 20.

2evrmrl.jpg

[quote name='Sway']For those who were going to the midnight launch for AC3, there's a discrepancy in the number of commemorative coins available. The online weekly ad (page 23) states there will be 15 available but the Gaming Events page had previously stated there will be 20.

2evrmrl.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Aww, my local Best Buy isn't doing it. I was tempted to brave the snow from the Frankenstorm, but oh well.

Pretty sure they won't let you double dip. There's probably a safeguard in the system that forces the employee to use only one PM on the games, even if you had paid full price for both ACs.

If I pre ordered doing in store pick up at best buy will they do price match of ac3 at customer service or will I have to call so I can price match either Kmart or toys r us price without losing my pre order certificate

Should i pm AC3 after picking it up or when i pick it up? If i pm it when i am picking it up will it affect my 20 rz cert? Or isit just easier to pick it up first and then pm?

[quote name='darrenaw9']Should i pm AC3 after picking it up or when i pick it up? If i pm it when i am picking it up will it affect my 20 rz cert? Or isit just easier to pick it up first and then pm?[/QUOTE]
I have done a PM on day 1 in same transaction as my pickup and got my 20 RZ certificate just fine.

Ah nice - will have to definitely PM to Kmart for $49.99, will maybe even get the $10 Gaming coupon as a gift card or something depending on the CSR i get(one i always see will do it without blinking an eye)

[quote name='Pookymeister']Ah nice - will have to definitely PM to Kmart for $49.99, will maybe even get the $10 Gaming coupon as a gift card or something depending on the CSR i get(one i always see will do it without blinking an eye)[/QUOTE]I'm also hoping I can get the $10 coupon involved when doing the PM--I'd be happy with the value taken off to bring ACIII down to $39.99. :)

[quote name='Vigilante']I'm also hoping I can get the $10 coupon involved when doing the PM--I'd be happy with the value taken off to bring ACIII down to $39.99. :)[/QUOTE]

I didn't even think of that. I take it that it's a YMMV thing, but anything I can say to get the CSR to do a guy a favor?

[quote name='advanced']I didn't even think of that. I take it that it's a YMMV thing, but anything I can say to get the CSR to do a guy a favor?[/QUOTE]I can't think of anything much besides the standard "I would rather buy the game from Best Buy because it's a better place to shop, and I'm a loyal Reward Zone member, blah blah blah...". :cool:

I'm not necessarily saying that's what I'll be doing (I'm starting to be recognized as a frequent shopper at my local store, and in the good way ;)), but it's a good thing to know to say, just in case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back