Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
**Is Call of Duty Black Ops 2 part of the promo?
Yes, Mike from BB corporate have confirmed this multiple times. You won't see any mention of the promo due to publisher request.

Click here for discussion on the 2013 $20 [Unlocked] RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo.

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f800bed8a

As a Reward Zone Program Gamers Club [Unlocked] member, you get $20 in reward certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from a select list of titles.

Get $20 in Reward Certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from the list of unreleased titles below:

Best Buy Pre-order bonuses
[customspoiler=Black Ops 2]
fo_codtag0506.gif

Free Exclusive Dog Tags
when you pre-order Call of Duty: Black Ops II on Xbox 360 or PS3.
fo_doublexp.gif

Call of Duty: Black Ops II Pre-Order Bonus
Test your skills with the Nuketown 2025 multiplayer map and gain access to Double XP Launch Weekend when you pre-order for Xbox 360, PS3 or PC. While supplies last
[/customspoiler]
[customspoiler=Far Cry 3]
fo_lostexp0401_2.gif

The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus
Far Cry 3, The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus Mission Discover the secrets of the island's lost World War II ruins in two exclusive single-player bonus missions and blast away your opponents in multiplayer with the unlocked Type 10 flare gun.

Single Player Mission 1: Forgotten Experiment
Trapped inside a forgotten research facility, your only way out is through the crumbling ruins. To escape, you'll have to activate the old experiments and unleash an electronic storm that could be the end of you.
Single Player Mission 2: Ignition in the Deep
Inside an abandoned military silo, the only thing standing between you and freedom are Vaas' pirates and a forgotten missile leaking a lake of fuel.
Multiplayer: Type 10 Flare Gun
Unlock the power of a gun that's modified to shoot 10-gauge shells.
You'll receive a code via e-mail on the game's release date for in-game access to the bonus content. Valid e-mail address required to receive download code.
[/customspoiler]

Do I have to be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member to qualify?
Yes, in order to qualify for the promotion customers must be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member at the time the pre-order is picked up or shipped.

If I am not a member of the Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked], how do I join?
You can only sign up for Gamer’s Club [Unlocked] in store. If you are signing up the day you pick up an eligible pre-order, the pre-order exchange and [Unlocked] sale must be completed on the same receipt.

Is this offer available for both in-store and BestBuy.com purchases?
Yes! Pre-orders and purchases placed both in-store and on BestBuy.com qualify.

Does it count on all editions of the game?
The offer is applicable on all Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game such as special editions, limited editions, collector’s editions, etc. (subject to availability). PC, Wii, or any other platform of any of the titles does not qualify as a purchase towards this promotion.

Can I purchase multiple of the same title and still qualify for the promotion?
You can only receive one $20 certificate for each individual title, regardless of version or platform.

There are twelve titles on this list. Can I get 12 $20 certificates if I pre-order and purchase all of them?
Yes! With this offer, members are eligible for up to 12,000 Bonus Reward Zone points if they pre-order and purchase all games.

How do I link my Reward Zone account to my BestBuy.com account to ensure my purchases are tracked?
Check out this handy post by Kyle-BBY with instructions on how to do so.

How long does this promotion run?
The promotion will end 7 days after the last game is released.

When will I get my certificates?
Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] members will receive their $20 certificate approximately 30 days from the date of pick up or shipping of each title as it is released.

Will I still receive my regular RZ points for making the purchases?
Yes, customers will still receive everyday points per the Reward Zone program rules.

Am I still eligible for all additional offers that might be available for the new games such as DLCs or free merchandise?
Yes, customers are still eligible for additional offers they may come available with these new releases.

If I return any of the games, will I still be eligible?
Any game returned will be disqualified for that title’s $20 certificate offer.

If I pre-order and/or purchase any of the above listed games using a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates, will they count as a valid pre-order and purchase towards the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A pre-order and/or purchase with a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates will count as an eligible purchase toward the $20 bonus certificate offer. The Reward Zone program rules regarding earning points when a gift card or certificate is used still apply.

If I find a lower price on the game will Best Buy price match?
Yes! Best Buy has a price match guarantee which can be found here.

If I receive a price match from an in-store or BestBuy.com purchased game, will I still qualify for the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A price match done in-store or on BestBuy.com within policy will not affect your eligibility for the $20 bonus certificate.

If you want more titles added alert BB of the games here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...o/idi-p/531520
PC Gamers request for PC games to be added here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...s/idi-p/528964
^Thanks Enuf!
[quote name='lordopus99']$20 Reward Zone Gamer's Club Unlocked for Dummies

1) You will not get your $20 RZ until around the 30-35 day mark (after purchase). Stop worrying about it until that point.
2) The RZ website is far from accurate. Proof in point, the RZ silver bar. Again, see #1. Patience is a virtue.

What does this mean on a purchase?
- RZGC UNLOCKED PO 10 DISCOUNT - Your 10% discount for Pre Owned Games. This will show up for ANY purchase (gaming or not) as long as you are Gamer's Club Unlocked.
- PS-(system)-(game) i.e. PS-X360-RESIDENT EVIL 6 - This is your preorder being deducted from the purchase of the game.

Preorder DLC Bonus - You need to have an email address associated to your Reward Zone account. This is the email address they will send your DLC code to. It typicially can take a day to obtain this. Potentially up to a week. Note your luck of getting this by the time you get home is a crapshoot. Wait a week and then call customer service if you haven't received.

FOR YOUR POINTS...
If your physical receipt shows like below, you should get your $20RZ preorder bonus.

EXCHANGE

Original Tran (Cust Serv Pin) Date

Return Items
Pre-order SKU PS-(system)-(game) 5.00-

Sale Items
SKU Name of Game for above 59.99

The complaining about these points/DLC need to die down. Come on guys/gals...

PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE[/QUOTE]
^Thanks lordopus99!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='209chromatic']Glad to see more games added to the promo. But why no wii u games?[/QUOTE]

It will include Wii U versions if they are announced for this list of titles. So far only Injustice is listed as having a Wii U version on bestbuy.com. Click through the title link on the promo page and you'll see the Wii U version of Injustice come up.

I have three must haves on that list: South Park, Last of Us, and Injustice. I also have three maybes on that list: Tomb Raider, GTA V, and God of War Ascension. I've already got Silver locked up for 2013 too, so I'm stoked for this deal to continue. So stoked.

[quote name='Vigilante']...Dang it. Looks like I'm set for the next year (bolded titles = ones I'm considering). Question, though: I already have Bioshock Infinite preordered in-store from nearly 6 months ago (and I already received the Industrial Revolution code), so when I go to pick it up in February, will the new preorder system be in effect to the extent that I won't have to worry about the return/exchange issue?[/QUOTE]

Many of the titles on this list already are set up in the "old" system. Preorders in both systems will be captured and tracked for this promotion. If you did your preorder in the old system, you are fine. The only way to redeem that preorder will be in the old system. Your transaction will be a return/exchange in the old system. And again, it will track just fine for the promotion as long as it is done correctly at the store.

Any new preorders for titles on the 2013 list HAVE to be done in the new system.

Do note, you will NOT register RZ points from preorders in the new system. The points will post upon pick-up/purchase of the game, after clearing the return window just like they do today. That changes from the "old" system that would credit your preorder purchase but then deduct them when you returned the preorder and purchased the game.

Hoping the changes in the systems make for a cleaner and easier preorder process for everyone.

Whats the best way to try and it get the $10.00 gaming coupon K-Mart is offering added on to the $49.99 price for AC3 that I will be price matching tomorrow at BB? Is there any policy or anything listed that I can point them to if they give me a hassle?

[quote name='ajh2298']Whats the best way to try and it get the $10.00 gaming coupon K-Mart is offering added on to the $49.99 price for AC3 that I will be price matching tomorrow at BB? Is there any policy or anything listed that I can point them to if they give me a hassle?[/QUOTE]

The policy states they won't do it, so no nothing there will help you. Just show them the ad and hope for the best.

[quote name='ajh2298']Whats the best way to try and it get the $10.00 gaming coupon K-Mart is offering added on to the $49.99 price for AC3 that I will be price matching tomorrow at BB? Is there any policy or anything listed that I can point them to if they give me a hassle?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='UnseenGamer7']If I pre ordered doing in store pick up at best buy will they do price match of ac3 at customer service or will I have to call so I can price match either Kmart or toys r us price without losing my pre order certificate[/QUOTE]

[quote name='darrenaw9']Should i pm AC3 after picking it up or when i pick it up? If i pm it when i am picking it up will it affect my 20 rz cert? Or isit just easier to pick it up first and then pm?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Killbomb']Wondering this as well.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='lordopus99']I have done a PM on day 1 in same transaction as my pickup and got my 20 RZ certificate just fine.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Deader2818']same.[/QUOTE]

Asked and answered a few pages back

[quote name='ky151']I've had the free expedited shipping for the last couple of releases, I think they came UPS Two-day shipping. I ended up getting them on release day, but it just depends on where you are.[/QUOTE]
Ok, maybe I'll get it tomorrow. Thanks

Say it's $39.99 and hope they don't check. They'll give you a "hassle" because they won't PM the coupon.

[quote name='TooPoor']That sucks.....Okay thanks a lot.

EDIT: And thanks to Evolved. It is sure a dilemma, you issue at $5, then some will have a earlier exp date. Issuing at $20 will extend the exp date (so to speak), but then I can't buy $4.99 games with it ...[/QUOTE]

Set it to issue at $100 or more and then issue smaller ones manually as needed.

[quote name='spatenfloot']Set it to issue at $100 or more and then issue smaller ones manually as needed.[/QUOTE]

Highest amount a non-silver account can get is $20

Anyone get their $20 certs from Resident Evil 6 and/or NBA 2K13 yet? I know that it says 30 days and today is 30 days from when I pre-ordered them but I remember getting the $20 cert from Madden before 30 days.

And awesome that all those games have been added to the $20 promo. But is this official/confirmed or just rumor/speculation right now?

Also, I see The Last Of Us with a June 1st release date. I know that's just a place holder date but I would be shocked if The Last of Us is released before October or November 2013.

[quote name='dc delta90']And did anybody notice this? http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Games-P...er/pcmcat264800050003.c?id=pcmcat264800050003

2013 Titles
Bioshock Infinite
Crysis 3
Deadspace 3
Gears of War Judgement
God of War Ascension
GTA V
Injustice Gods Amongst Us
The Last of Us
Metal Gear Rising Revengeance
South Park Stick of Truth
Splinter Cell Blacklist
Tomb Raider.[/QUOTE]

Did best buy just leak the last of us releas date? Or was it always slated for June? If you click on see game pick up deadlines it shows June 1 for release date hmmm :)

[quote name='jonnysniper']Did best buy just leak the last of us releas date? Or was it always slated for June? If you click on see game pick up deadlines it shows June 1 for release date hmmm :)[/QUOTE]Probably just a placeholder.

[quote name='Vigilante']Probably just a placeholder.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I was thinking that too but the weird things is the other games say check back at later time, oh well

Another thing the halo 4 Xbox 360 console has the promotion for $20 rz certificate on bestbuy website wonder if it will work I plan on getting the system but if it comes with the points even better

[quote name='dan77733']Anyone get their $20 certs from Resident Evil 6 and/or NBA 2K13 yet? I know that it says 30 days and today is 30 days from when I pre-ordered them but I remember getting the $20 cert from Madden before 30 days.

[/QUOTE]

Mines are still pending. However, my previous two $20 certs came 30 days after the release date, not from the time of the pre-order. So I think it should post the certs this Thursday or Friday.

And I was kind of looking forward to not having my pre-orders handled by best buy, since they are a bit farther away from me than other stores, but I play a lot of games and the $20 certs combined with the price match guarantee is too much to pass up. I can hardly believe how much I shop at best buy now.

[quote name='jonnysniper']Did best buy just leak the last of us releas date? Or was it always slated for June? If you click on see game pick up deadlines it shows June 1 for release date hmmm :)[/QUOTE]

Don't see what you're seeing but June 1st is a Saturday, so I highly doubt you're onto something. ;)

[quote name='dan77733']Anyone get their $20 certs from Resident Evil 6 and/or NBA 2K13 yet? I know that it says 30 days and today is 30 days from when I pre-ordered them but I remember getting the $20 cert from Madden before 30 days.[/QUOTE]

Got mine awhile ago. If it's been 30 days, it seems better to call CS than to post on here though.

[quote name='dan77733']And awesome that all those games have been added to the $20 promo. But is this official/confirmed or just rumor/speculation right now?[/QUOTE]
I would assume that the fact the games are listed on Best Buy's site is confirmation.

[quote name='jamesdevil']In store pickup is considered an online transaction and you will have to call. While it'd be nice to just do things all at once I find the CS reps over the phone to be superior to the people at the store. At least more cordial and efficient.[/QUOTE]

That's all well and good if a PM is needed after I already have the game but it's kind of inconvenient if I want to PM right when I get the game.

[quote name='Donut2922']Couldn't say it any better.

Best Buy wins again. Well played Best Buy ... well played.[/QUOTE]

They're clearing winning the B&M race this year due to lack of competition. Kmart looks like they're trying to make somewhat of an effort again but without an announced plan of titles, they can't compete. Really miss the $20 gaming coupons that could be used the following week so I hope they step up their game again soon.

Question:

I preordered AC3 months ago when they were giving out the steelbooks and before they announced this promo. Will that preorder count towards the promo or should I run to the store today and cancel/preorder again?

[quote name='PRrambo']Mines are still pending. However, my previous two $20 certs came 30 days after the release date, not from the time of the pre-order. So I think it should post the certs this Thursday or Friday.

And I was kind of looking forward to not having my pre-orders handled by best buy, since they are a bit farther away from me than other stores, but I play a lot of games and the $20 certs combined with the price match guarantee is too much to pass up. I can hardly believe how much I shop at best buy now.[/QUOTE]

Okay. Mine are pending too. I usually give them a few extra days to post the points because I know that happens a lot.

Best Buy is becoming awesome with the $20 certs and whatnot. The only game that im buying or have ever purchased at Gamestop is Hitman Absolution because of the sniper challenge.

[quote name='aircobra']Got mine awhile ago. If it's been 30 days, it seems better to call CS than to post on here though.[/QUOTE]

True but I just like to see if anyone else is waiting like me. I figure if after a few days I dont receive the certs and im the only one, then I'll contact them. Right now, I'll just give them a few extra days. Just wanted to know if I was the only one waiting.

[quote name='Burning Karma']I would assume that the fact the games are listed on Best Buy's site is confirmation.[/QUOTE]

They are? Because I dont see them listed on the $20 promotion and when I check the game itself, there's no offer for the $20 promo.

on second thought, maybe i will not participate in the promotion, man just called about not receiveing$20 rewardzone certif for fifa 13. They are telling me, i never preordered fifa 13 from the info they have on their system, so i do not qualify for it. The sad part is I did preordered, and picked up the game. now they have to create a case for me, and investigatr. they will contact me in 2 days or so, LOL. Just for record, i preordered fifa 13 online.

[quote name='GBAstar']Question:

I preordered AC3 months ago when they were giving out the steelbooks and before they announced this promo. Will that preorder count towards the promo or should I run to the store today and cancel/preorder again?[/QUOTE]

Someone mentioned a while back that it's based on a pick up transaction and not when you pre-order. Having said that, I did a return/re-deposit a couple weeks ago just in case.

[quote name='YBX87']Just for record, i preordered fifa 13 online.[/QUOTE]

If you preordered online tell them to look at the date you order it and the date it released on

[quote name='aircobra']Don't see what you're seeing but June 1st is a Saturday, so I highly doubt you're onto something. ;)[/QUOTE]

Haha you're right we'll I guess that's why they say don't ASSume

[quote name='Rockinjs']If you preordered online tell them to look at the date you order it and the date it released on[/QUOTE]

I did that, but they are telling me the bby01 order number i gave them is invalid, basically it does not exist. There are no record of the purchase under my reward zone transaction.lol. so they are creating a case number for my issue now. i will have wait 7-10 days. i wish they would just offer as a gift card option instead of the $20 reward zone. but you got ppl here that likes to take advantage of bestbuy, and return the game, then trying to keep the gift card, so it is not going to happen. sorry for the vent

For all you guys going to the AC3 midnight launch tonight, you think I can beat the last 4 sequences of AC:Rev. Before 10:30? I need to finish this before I get AC3 tonight!!

[quote name='JohnWayne']For all you guys going to the AC3 midnight launch tonight, you think I can beat the last 4 sequences of AC:Rev. Before 10:30? I need to finish this before I get AC3 tonight!![/QUOTE]

why are rushing through ac:rev? are u planning to trade it in , or something?

[quote name='YBX87']why are rushing through ac:rev? are u planning to trade it in , or something?[/QUOTE]

No, I just want to beat it before playing AC3 and I really want to start playing it right when I get home from picking it up. I know I should take my time with it since there's a bunch of things to do but I figured I could just come back to it in the future and replay it or something.

[quote name='Sway']http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Games-P...er/pcmcat264800050003.c?id=pcmcat264800050003
dc delta90 reported it only this morning so I'm assuming the individual product pages and maybe the promo in store hasn't been updated yet.[/QUOTE]

All, rest assured that this promotion and the new titles are indeed happening. You'll see the RZ site update with the info soon, just running into some system issues with that. Software updates and fun stuff like that.

You'll see the actual product pages on .com update later as well. Again, lots of stuff going on just not able to get all of the pieces updated.

Again, the promo is on the RZGC page of www.bestbuy.com. You are good to go. Preorder away! Please report back on how the new preorder system works if you preorder in store. It's new so I'm guessing not all employees are going to be super familiar with it yet.

I received my Assassins Creed 3 preorder DLC for the xbox and it's missing some of the product keys. Did this happen to anybody else? This is going to be fun trying to get them to mail me a legit code.

Last edited by a moderator:
Question, can I pick up my pre order that I had at one store at a different store? One store isn't having a midnight release of Assassins Creed 3 and one is, and I pre ordered at the one that isn't so was wondering if i have to go and pre order again or can I just take my receipt?

For the people going to the midnight release, can you please post info about the DLC? Will it print on receipt, inside the package, LE included in box, and etc.. Will really help us fellow CAGs that doesn't have a BBY near us doing midnight release on what to expect when we pick up our game tomorrow. We all know how troublesome it is for BBY and their preorder DLCs. Thanks.

[quote name='Youngnoble']I received my Assassins Creed 3 preorder DLC for the xbox and it's missing some of the product keys. Did this happen to anybody else? This is going to be fun trying to get them to mail me a legit code.

That is not a xbox code.

BBY_Spacer_Trans_20091113.gif
YOUR REDEMPTION CODE: XXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX[/QUOTE]

You might want to delete that quick before lurkers get it. I believe that's an in game code through UPLAY.

[quote name='Youngnoble']I received my Assassins Creed 3 preorder DLC for the xbox and it's missing some of the product keys. Did this happen to anybody else? This is going to be fun trying to get them to mail me a legit code.

That is not a xbox code.

YOUR REDEMPTION CODE: ][/QUOTE]

You enter it at the in-game menu when you load up the disc.

That is not a xbox code.

YOUR REDEMPTION CODE: xxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxx[/QUOTE]

The code they sent you is suppose to be redeemed in game. So you might want to delete its asap lol.

[quote name='bigant262']Question, can I pick up my pre order that I had at one store at a different store? One store isn't having a midnight release of Assassins Creed 3 and one is, and I pre ordered at the one that isn't so was wondering if i have to go and pre order again or can I just take my receipt?[/QUOTE]

No is what I heard.

[quote name='jr1016']For the people going to the midnight release, can you please post info about the DLC? Will it print on receipt, inside the package, LE included in box, and etc.. Will really help us fellow CAGs that doesn't have a BBY near us doing midnight release on what to expect when we pick up our game tomorrow. We all know how troublesome it is for BBY and their preorder DLCs. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

All signs point to a code on the receipt since online orders show an email delivery method.

[quote name='Donut2922']All signs point to a code on the receipt since online orders show an email delivery method.[/QUOTE]

Ok cool, at least I know what to tell them tomorrow. My local BBY got lots of new employee.

Yeah I went back and changed the quoted code.:lol:

Quick question regarding price matching a deal with the $20 promo. Is it better to pick up the game and complete the transaction and then walk over to customer service to initiate the price match? I am just concerned that by doing the price match while picking up my preorder will somehow negate the $20RZ promo. Thanks for any input.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back