CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
prmob_topgamespreowned.gif

iconbestbuy.gif
Sale ends 11/3/2012

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bgame2']Any opinions on Conan? I never played that game and have always wondered how it is.[/QUOTE]

It's actually an above average game.

[quote name='Linkgx1']*back from ban camp*

Sweetness. I might get God of War 3 but not really sure as I haven't played the first two. I recently got the PS3 and not sure what cheap games to get. Any under $10 recommendations? I only have MK, Uncharted 3, and RE5 Gold.[/QUOTE]
Resistance, Killzone 2/3, mgs4, Uncharted 1 and 2 are must plays imo

[quote name='Jesse757x']Resistance, Killzone 2/3, mgs4, Uncharted 1 and 2 are must plays imo[/QUOTE]

What's the upside for Killzone 2 and 3? I hear that they've got a great cover mechanic and good multiplayer, but they seem like pretty derivative FPS's. Is 3's single player any good? Digestible without playing 1 & 2?

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']:bomb:

Can't believe this game is over $20 used, elsewhere! Wonder why. Best Buy has spoiled me with their prices.

This is laughing at me. Not available for shipping/unavailable at nearby stores and this would work for my personal b2g1. *hisses*

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Time+Crisis%3A+Razing+Storm+%26%23151%3B+PRE-OWNED+-+PlayStation+3/2011268.p?skuId=2011268&productCategoryId=pcmcat232900050017&id=1218306023792[/QUOTE]

This game was basically clearanced out around Black Friday. It was $9 on the site and at least for me even then was unavailable at any store locations. I'm also waiting for it to be cheap. If it's even half as good as HOTD Overkill with the Move then it's worth adding to my collection.

[quote name='@FIF']What's the upside for Killzone 2 and 3? I hear that they've got a great cover mechanic and good multiplayer, but they seem like pretty derivative FPS's. Is 3's single player any good? Digestible without playing 1 & 2?[/QUOTE]

KZ2 and KZ3 are very different in multiplayer versus. KZ2 has much bigger maps and is a bit slower. KZ3 is like CoD on drugs with smaller maps and faster gameplay (it also had insta-kill melee, while KZ2 does not, though it does play a short animation, so it still isn't as quick as it is in the CoD series). I enjoy both of the multiplayers and they're so different that KZ3 isn't necessarily an "upgrade"--just different. Both games are unique because their class system allows significantly different gameplay between medics, engineers, etc. I would play way more of both of them if they were on Xbox where most of my friends are and I just like the interface better. If PS3 were my main system, both of these titles are a must. Hell, PS3 isn't my main system and I still consider these a must.

I've only played a bit of the campaign of KZ2 and none of KZ3 and it was pretty fun, nothing too special (again, don't play PS3 games much).

[quote name='GUNNM']holy shit[/QUOTE]

Don't get spanked! WHAP! :twisted:

[quote name='JaylisJayP']This game was basically clearanced out around Black Friday. It was $9 on the site and at least for me even then was unavailable at any store locations. I'm also waiting for it to be cheap. If it's even half as good as HOTD Overkill with the Move then it's worth adding to my collection.[/QUOTE]

That HOTD is farrrr from the PSN version HOTD:4! :cold: $16.50 after Bonus at Best Buy. After getting to the end, I found upgrading weapons was a MUST to beat it! Oh well. $1.49 playthrough. I Googled and found Dec 2011 deals for Razing Storm, lol.

[quote name='technicalstylez']lol where were u when it was like $8 new from bb?[/QUOTE]

Late. Lmao. Just getting interested in this kind of stuff(these rail PS Move games).:dunce:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ChaosLaw']KZ2 and KZ3 are very different in multiplayer versus. KZ2 has much bigger maps and is a bit slower. KZ3 is like CoD on drugs with smaller maps and faster gameplay (it also had insta-kill melee, while KZ2 does not, though it does play a short animation, so it still isn't as quick as it is in the CoD series). I enjoy both of the multiplayers and they're so different that KZ3 isn't necessarily an "upgrade"--just different. Both games are unique because their class system allows significantly different gameplay between medics, engineers, etc. I would play way more of both of them if they were on Xbox where most of my friends are and I just like the interface better. If PS3 were my main system, both of these titles are a must. Hell, PS3 isn't my main system and I still consider these a must.

I've only played a bit of the campaign of KZ2 and none of KZ3 and it was pretty fun, nothing too special (again, don't play PS3 games much).[/QUOTE]

Xbox is my main console too so I don't get to play KZ3 as much as I like but I do make some time for it. It's just so good. Personally I think KZ2 and 3 is better than most FPS's out there. It's the subtle details like when sprinting, the screen shakes back and forth or when you shoot or jump with your gun and the way it moves - things like that. Also the sound in the games is amazing.

[quote name='Namerson']Xbox is my main console too so I don't get to play KZ3 as much as I like but I do make some time for it. It's just so good. Personally I think KZ2 and 3 is better than most FPS's out there. It's the subtle details like when sprinting, the screen shakes back and forth or when you shoot or jump with your gun and the way it moves - things like that. Also the sound in the games is amazing.[/QUOTE]
I've been debating on KX since the first one game out. Might finally get the 3rd one. Though I haven't really played my other FPS games like Halo reach...I hope the single player is good. I only play reach for the multiplayer.:D

[quote name='Linkgx1']I've been debating on KX since the first one game out. Might finally get the 3rd one. Though I haven't really played my other FPS games like Halo reach...I hope the single player is good. I only play reach for the multiplayer.:D[/QUOTE]

Yeah these days I rarely play multiplayer anymore it's just not my thing. I traded in Gears of War 3 right after I was done with the single player and played maybe one match of multiplayer. I usually only play reach multiplayer. KZ3 single player is a lot of fun. Even though your squad mate Rico is annoying (in dialogue) he's one of the best ai companions around. I remember when I was using a turret to clear out the way to the building and as I was entering the building he said something like 'you should probably bring the turret' i didn't even know you could detach them so i went back and bought it along and it helped out a bunch.

[quote name='Namerson']Yeah these days I rarely play multiplayer anymore it's just not my thing. I traded in Gears of War 3 right after I was done with the single player and played maybe one match of multiplayer. I usually only play reach multiplayer. KZ3 single player is a lot of fun. Even though your squad mate Rico is annoying (in dialogue) he's one of the best ai companions around. I remember when I was using a turret to clear out the way to the building and as I was entering the building he said something like 'you should probably bring the turret' i didn't even know you could detach them so i went back and bought it along and it helped out a bunch.[/QUOTE]
Good note on AI. Thank God it's not Natalya from Goldeneye....

[quote name='Donut2922']I don't recall KZ3 having a cover system? It's been a year since I've played it though.[/QUOTE]

It does have a cover system.

[quote name='TheSithAssassin']Just a heads up. One of Best Buy's Deal of the day is Battlefield 3 for PS3 and 360 for 19.99.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1&_dynSessConf=-7210274448757598766&id=pcat17071&type=page&st=04%2F30%2F2012_DOTD&sc=Global&cp=1&nrp=15&sp=&qp=&list=n&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960&p=[promotion%2C+synonymns]&pu=defaultusr&pt=1335416401[/QUOTE]
:bomb: Why couldn't this DOTD be NEXT week, when the new magazine will be out with a $$ off coupon on the pre-owned copies.

EDIT: Nevermind. That's on NEW copies. Interesting.

Anyone else having a hell of a time trying to log in?

I've even sent a password reset request, and after getting it fifteen minutes later, I got an error message that the request had "reset", and I'd have to get another reset request again.

[quote name='Raccoon2117']Anyone else having a hell of a time trying to log in?

I've even sent a password reset request, and after getting it fifteen minutes later, I got an error message that the request had "reset", and I'd have to get another reset request again.[/QUOTE]

Their website is usually a mess.
Whenever you encounter any errors try using IE, instead of any other browser.

[quote name='Linkgx1']*back from ban camp*

Sweetness. I might get God of War 3 but not really sure as I haven't played the first two. I recently got the PS3 and not sure what cheap games to get. Any under $10 recommendations? I only have MK, Uncharted 3, and RE5 Gold.[/QUOTE]

Ratchet and Clank Tools of destruction
Killzone 3
Vanquish
Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood (don't get the new one though)
Chronicles of Riddick
Resistance
tomb Raider Trilogy
Enslaved
Bioshock 2

[quote name='karyadi']Did anyone confirm this stacks with the coupon for $10 off?[/QUOTE]

If you're referring to the store closing coupon, yes it does. I used it on my order. It's like entering a gift card.

[quote name='frogkopf']Ratchet and Clank Tools of destruction
Killzone 3
Vanquish
Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood (don't get the new one though)
Chronicles of Riddick
Resistance
tomb Raider Trilogy
Enslaved
Bioshock 2[/QUOTE]
Been thinking about Vanquish and Enslaved. Thanks!:bouncy:

Enslaved is an OK title, but they left it open for a sequel. Unfortunately since it sold pretty poorly I doubt there will be one. Not to mention the ending is a WTF moment.

[quote name='karyadi']Did anyone confirm this stacks with the coupon for $10 off?[/QUOTE]

If you are talking about the Gamer Magazine coupon ($10 off $29.99+ Preowned Games)
Then no, unless you get lucky at customer service.

Seems they are becoming more of a stickler for stacking...as in you can't...not even the small stuff.

They wouldn't even let me have my 10% GCU discount with my B2G1 free purchases because it's considered double dipping apparently.

Same thing with the 9.99 games and the B2G1 free, you may get away with it if the games automatically ring up 9.99 but if they have to manually adjust it then you might not be able to get the B2G1 free promo. Which is why I'm glad I bought it online.

When I rang up 3 pre-owned games in store, both Killzone 3 and Fable 3 rang up considerably higher than 9.99. Dead Space 2 rang in at its non-sale price of $7.99. They were able to honor the allegedly on-line-exclusive prices for KZ3 and Fable 3 ($9.99 each) as well as throwing in DS2 for free using the B2G1; however, after overriding the system to get the first two down to $9.99 each, they could NOT get the system to ALSO grant my 10% GZU discount. FYI.

[quote name='BravoCCRider711']When I rang up 3 pre-owned games in store, both Killzone 3 and Fable 3 rang up considerably higher than 9.99. Dead Space 2 rang in at its non-sale price of $7.99. They were able to honor the allegedly on-line-exclusive prices for KZ3 and Fable 3 ($9.99 each) as well as throwing in DS2 for free using the B2G1; however, after overriding the system to get the first two down to $9.99 each, they could NOT get the system to ALSO grant my 10% GZU discount. FYI.[/QUOTE]

I think most people will live with the $2 loss. Nice deal on DS2 though.

Just got back from BBY. Picked up 2 KZ3 and MVC3 with the b2g1. Traded one of the KZ3 right back to them for 19.20 with 50%+10% GCU making my total $2.32 for 2 games. Not to bad.

I really shouldn't be buying any games right now with my backlog but i just couldn't help myself. Picked Fable 3 back up along with MvC and Sniper: Ghost Warrior (unfortunately my stores didnt have much to pick for a 3rd game)

[quote name='sgr76']I really shouldn't be buying any games right now with my backlog but i just couldn't help myself. Picked Fable 3 back up along with MvC and Sniper: Ghost Warrior (unfortunately my stores didnt have much to pick for a 3rd game)[/QUOTE]
Lol, same here.

so is this an in store YMMV type of thing?

my BB used section is nothing to write home about if you know what I am saying

[quote name='MasaTFC']so is this an in store YMMV type of thing?

my BB used section is nothing to write home about if you know what I am saying[/QUOTE]
Both offers are available in store for the whole week as long as your store have the games in stock. The pre-owned deals of the week games were originally available for ordering online but sold out a few hours after it went live.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back