CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
prmob_topgamespreowned.gif

iconbestbuy.gif
Sale ends 11/3/2012

Last edited by a moderator:
MvC3 was just 9.99 during the B2G1 at BB right? Kinda meh on everything except maybe Dead Island and there was a glitch to get that pretty cheap. Maybe ACII if u grab a AC:R with AC1 and want to get 3 of the 4 games.

[quote name='Vap']Does Dead Island come with any online code or bonus DLC if you buy it new?[/QUOTE]

Well the "GOTY" version is releasing soon for $29.99 and it has all the DLC. It includes the bloodbath arena (horde mode), the "Ripper" schematics and the Ryder White SP DLC. Personally I do not need horde in this game so I might buy the Ryder White dlc if I really like the game. It costs $10 and since points are usually found at a discount it can be gotten for less.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Well the "GOTY" version is releasing soon for $29.99 and it has all the DLC. It includes the bloodbath arena (horde mode), the "Ripper" schematics and the Ryder White SP DLC. Personally I do not need horde in this game so I might buy the Ryder White dlc if I really like the game. It costs $10 and since points are usually found at a discount it can be gotten for less.[/QUOTE]

Dude,thanks for the heads up. I'll wait to get that version cause I'm sure I'll buy all the DLC anyway.

[quote name='Vap']Dude,thanks for the heads up. I'll wait to get that version cause I'm sure I'll buy all the DLC anyway.[/QUOTE]

No problem. Did a quick search and it releases on June 26th and its confirmed at $30.

^ You should be able to? Return/rebuy otherwise.

I'm in for ACII. After the BB sale on AC:R and NewEgg with AC:B, I'll only need AC1 for the quadrilogy before ACIII, which I'm super stoked about.

[quote name='advanced']^ You should be able to? Return/rebuy otherwise.

I'm in for ACII. After the BB sale on AC:R and NewEgg with AC:B, I'll only need AC1 for the quadrilogy before ACIII, which I'm super stoked about.[/QUOTE]

I opened it. You can return the used games after they are opened? Their bar code is still on the back....

also I never played AC before and this was a sick week to get the collection lol. I bought AC1 at BB for $7.xx after discount, AC II for $13.xx (and hopefully $10.xx soon) at BB, Brotherhood from NewEgg and Revelations from BB for $10.

[quote name='gpgorbosjr']I opened it. You can return the used games after they are opened? Their bar code is still on the back....

also I never played AC before and this was a sick week to get the collection lol. I bought AC1 at BB for $7.xx after discount, AC II for $13.xx (and hopefully $10.xx soon) at BB, Brotherhood from NewEgg and Revelations from BB for $10.[/QUOTE]

I've never actually needed the product there for a return/rebuy. I just tell them whats up if they can't price match it. Sometimes, they'll do it for me without even asking, they just start going through steps they know that work and thats one of them.

I don't know what would happen with a PM for a used game with a GCU bonus, but if they return/rebuy make sure they scan your RZ card to get the discount.

[quote name='gpgorbosjr']I opened it. You can return the used games after they are opened? Their bar code is still on the back....

also I never played AC before and this was a sick week to get the collection lol. I bought AC1 at BB for $7.xx after discount, AC II for $13.xx (and hopefully $10.xx soon) at BB, Brotherhood from NewEgg and Revelations from BB for $10.[/QUOTE]

If they don't PM the lower price, you can just buy another copy and return it with your old receipt. So it wouldn't matter if you already opened your copy.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Bro for a game that caliber, $5 is nothing.[/QUOTE]
:applause:I paid MSRP for the game at launch(from Gamestop no less) and I enjoyed every second of the game. The weather effects in it are insane, the massive open world is amazing and the story(while perhaps a bit contrived and cliche) is at least very interesting as well.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']:applause:I paid MSRP for the game at launch(from Gamestop no less) and I enjoyed every second of the game. The weather effects in it are insane, the massive open world is amazing and the story(while perhaps a bit contrived and cliche) is at least very interesting as well.[/QUOTE]

I actually bought it BF before last for $30 at Walmart but due to bad timing I barely played it and ended up trading it in a few months later. Insta-regret and would love to snag it again, but waiting for either $9.99 vanilla or $19.99 GOTY (still pissed I missed out on the BB X-mas deal for it)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']:applause:I paid MSRP for the game at launch(from Gamestop no less) and I enjoyed every second of the game. The weather effects in it are insane, the massive open world is amazing and the story(while perhaps a bit contrived and cliche) is at least very interesting as well.[/QUOTE]
Agreed, I did the same and I still don't regret the purchase. RDR is an absolutely awesome game. I was already a western fan, and playing this game turned me into a western junky.

Gotta say though, if a western story isn't at least a little bit cliche, it's not a western story! Western fans will understand that and fall in love with the story of RDR, but it's well written enough that I think anyone will still enjoy it, western fan or not. :)

[quote name='Idiotekque']Agreed, I did the same and I still don't regret the purchase. RDR is an absolutely awesome game. I was already a western fan, and playing this game turned me into a western junky.

Gotta say though, if a western story isn't at least a little bit cliche, it's not a western story! Western fans will understand that and fall in love with the story of RDR, but it's well written enough that I think anyone will still enjoy it, western fan or not. :)[/QUOTE]
Yeah. I played through the main story at least once and then found myself just free roaming A LOT. It sucks that you can't use the lasso in mp, since there were more than a few times in free mode that I really wanted to drag the people trying to play it like deathmatch off a cliff.;)

Then R* made a friendly fire off free mode and I never looked back.

I'm actually tempted to play the Undead Nightmare portion of the GOTY edition that I bought when they had the $29.99 or whatever sale on it at BB, if only to hunt the legendary creatures like Bigfoot in it.;)

Last I checked you can pick up the GOTY edition on eBay for $25 or so. I was in the process of working out a trade for it with someone on the forums here, but his mom ended up trading it in at GameStop without his knowledge. lol?

In any case, the GOTY edition comes with the extra content on a DISC, so don't worry about buying it used.

Actually I had the Undead Nightmare standalone for a while, which I picked up with credit from returning some games from a double code stacking glitch from the GS website.;) But then I just figured it's easier to get the combined version and traded in the standalones to a local shop before grabbing the GOTY edition that I had ordered online for pickup at BB.

The only combined version that sucks though is the GTA IV/Episodes "complete" edition, especially if you intend on playing the old GTA IV game, since it won't load in right and will start a new game.

The Complete Edition of GTA IV won't load your previously saved GTA IV game right, or does it not load the game right completely?

I don't have GTA IV, but I was thinking about picking up the Complete Edition one of these days. It would be fine for someone who doesn't have a previous save, right?

[quote name='Idiotekque']The Complete Edition of GTA IV won't load your previously saved GTA IV game right, or does it not load the game right completely?

I don't have GTA IV, but I was thinking about picking up the Complete Edition one of these days. It would be fine for someone who doesn't have a previous save, right?[/QUOTE]

No, it does. I had GTA 4 vanilla sold it awhile back and bought the CE from bb during that dotd sale. It loads perfectly fine. As for the dlc, I have no clue I have to get to those episodes soon, but after playing Saints 3, I dont find GTA as fun as I used to

I've always wanted to play Red Dead, but the ratings of the game have scared me off. Is there really that much sex/nudity going on? I want to play it, and I'm sure my parents wouldn't care about the rating of the game since I'm 17, but it would just be awkward for them to walk in.

[quote name='golfing7861']I've always wanted to play Red Dead, but the ratings of the game have scared me off. Is there really that much sex/nudity going on? I want to play it, and I'm sure my parents wouldn't care about the rating of the game since I'm 17, but it would just be awkward for them to walk in.[/QUOTE]
Really, don't worry about it. There is only ONE scene that has sex and nudity in it; it's at the beginning of the "The Gates of El Presidio" mission (it's pretty graphic, but skippable).

Besides that, yeah there's some swearing and blood, but really nothing all that offensive.

[quote name='golfing7861']I've always wanted to play Red Dead, but the ratings of the game have scared me off. Is there really that much sex/nudity going on? I want to play it, and I'm sure my parents wouldn't care about the rating of the game since I'm 17, but it would just be awkward for them to walk in.[/QUOTE]

I dont really remember much nudity/sex in the game, I think it was a cutscene only. Nothing crazy, excellent game you should be fine.

Can I use the coupon with the dead island sale price? I've been looking to pick one of those up cheap...

Anybody know if the used sale prices are working yet in-store this week, or do you still have to get a manager to PM the online price?

There's only one scene with sex/frontal nudity. The rest of the game is safe, also I think that the GOTY version of RDR removed that scene since some people got "offended" because of said scene.

I played through RDR around the time the game launched.

I don't even remember the sex scene you guys are talking about.

Regardless of the one sex scene, you NEED to find some way to play that game. I personally feel like that game isn't just game of the year 2010, but game of the decade. Arguably the best and most original action/adventure game Rockstar has ever made.

[quote name='Huda_man21']Regardless of the one sex scene, you NEED to find some way to play that game. I personally feel like that game isn't just game of the year 2010, but game of the decade. Arguably the best and most original action/adventure game Rockstar has ever made.[/QUOTE]

can't really say its their most original when they started off in the western genre with red dead revolver on ps2.

It's not original, but I guess that's not a totally off-base bit of praise since it was the first amazingly well done western game (still is). It's not like there are a whole lot of well done free-roam western games kicking around; stuff like Gun wasn't too bad, but it was really arcadey.

I was just going to say that. I love that game, and there was definitely no nude scene in it when I played it a year ago.

[quote name='jiggyteddy']I played through RDR around the time the game launched.

I don't even remember the sex scene you guys are talking about.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='KtMack23']I'm pretty sure the one "sex scene" shows no nudity all the tities and sexual organs are conviently obscured.[/QUOTE]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1tTNR0dKdI&hd=1

[quote name='phoenixlau']Anybody know if the used sale prices are working yet in-store this week, or do you still have to get a manager to PM the online price?[/QUOTE]

This.

[quote name='Idiotekque']The Complete Edition of GTA IV won't load your previously saved GTA IV game right, or does it not load the game right completely?

I don't have GTA IV, but I was thinking about picking up the Complete Edition one of these days. It would be fine for someone who doesn't have a previous save, right?[/QUOTE]
The Complete Edition won't load my GTA IV game save properly when I go to load into the game to play mp. So I end up starting to watch the opening cutscene and then have to wait till it starts the first mission(drive Roman to the cab company) to be able to get into mp.

So I finally started playing Dead Island yesterday and it is an absolute blast. The updates seem to have helped with the bugs, although I did run into a few audio bugs and one animation bug. I am not a huge zombie fan but this is very different from L4D, Dead Rising, and RE. It really capture that survival feeling without being overly scary and without needing to throw 100 zombies at you at once. The game is not perfect but if you like exploring (Fallout type) then this game is for you. When in the first few hours I come across a bikini clad blonde named Svetlana who wants me to get her more booze to f@#% like the apocalypse I new I was going to like the humor in this game. Definite recommend.

I have owned RDR twice before...the first time I bought on midnight release, got to the farm after you get shot (yes, very early..), ended up selling it because I lost my job...rebought it after I bought the Undead Collection when it was on sale for $12 and played some MP with my buddy when it was like quadruple XP weekend but really never delved into the SP anymore...

I'm really tempted at this price, especially with my GCU discount too, but I have Witcher 2 to start, RAGE to finish, and Battlefield 3 to occupy me with MP...not to mention the annoying desire to buy Max Payne 3 (on the verge of buying full price too :/ )

[quote name='cancerman1120']So I finally started playing Dead Island yesterday and it is an absolute blast. The updates seem to have helped with the bugs, although I did run into a few audio bugs and one animation bug. I am not a huge zombie fan but this is very different from L4D, Dead Rising, and RE. It really capture that survival feeling without being overly scary and without needing to throw 100 zombies at you at once. The game is not perfect but if you like exploring (Fallout type) then this game is for you. When in the first few hours I come across a bikini clad blonde named Svetlana who wants me to get her more booze to f@#% like the apocalypse I new I was going to like the humor in this game. Definite recommend.[/QUOTE]Thanks for the input--I'll definitely pick up the GotY edition when it drops to ~$20. :D

Funny how people forget about that scene; it's kinda burned in my brain (in a bad way, not a good way; that Mexican lady is sorta... well, yeah). Perhaps they played the GOTY version? I never heard that it edited that out of the game.

Gotta say though, the story mode on RDR is 1000% better than the multiplayer. The multiplayer can be fun, but it's nothing compared to the story mode; I'd definitely pick it up again if I were you.

i just watched that sex scene. i dont get how prude america has become.
i loved watching tv in europe and there is real tits on icecream commercials.
but they have a 5 second clip of ps2 era boob graphics and it gets ma17?
i already had a kid at 17 and i wasnt watching video game scenes to get the idea that i was into hot chix. just a crazy world. i can turn on american tv and watch someone get mutilated and cut up on law n order but whatever. peace all

rdr is a great game. my 6 y/o daughter loves to ride the horses. i did co op with her and we did all the horse race trophies and the trophy to ride all across the land in one day. fun times and good memories.

If it were just the boobs I'd understand more, but then again she's getting banged on a table and screaming "MEXICOOO" or something like that. I understand the "public outrage", lol.

I mean, I don't mind personally. I saw it once and now I can skip it.

[quote name='gpgorbosjr']What happened to this thread? Are there going to be new ones this week ?[/QUOTE]

Should be. This week was not too exciting so I guess the thread just faded for the week.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Should be. This week was not too exciting so I guess the thread just faded for the week.[/QUOTE]

Come on Brink for ten bucks isnt exciting ?

[quote name='mrclutch']Anyone know what time the deals typically go live?[/QUOTE]

I live is CST and by 1-2 a.m. they are almost always up. Sometimes they can post earlier and a few times they posted later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back