CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
prmob_topgamespreowned.gif

iconbestbuy.gif
Sale ends 11/3/2012

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='whitereflection']Where do you see B2G1? That expired last week.[/QUOTE]

It was posted in the best buy weekly ad for this week.

Oh, but it's not online, right? I just tried it and there was no discount. I recall the DOTW games from last week not being the sale price in stores either.

[quote name='KtMack23']In for a black label copy of MGS4[/QUOTE]
Shockingly they've either been selling a ton of copies of that in my area or they have all of the dupes stuffed in the back anymore. They had, at one point, no less than 12 copies of MGS4 at one of my local stores.:lol:

Then again, I grabbed it for $1 disc only from the one local shop along with a disc only Assassin's Creed for a buck as well about a year or so ago.

[quote name='whitereflection']I recall the DOTW games from last week not being the sale price in stores either.[/QUOTE]

Same issue still for this week's games. The in-store prices aren't discounted so you'll need to PM to the online prices again.

[quote name='sninh']The b2g1 free works instore but when I tried to get 3 games shipped to store by cs, it wouldn't work[/QUOTE]

Hopefully they fix it soon so that it works online also, I have a few pre-owned games I would like to pick up.

[quote name='chuckywang']I absolutely love Halo 3 ODST. I think it's the parallel stories and the jazzy soundtrack. I love the look and feel of that game. Had a lot of fun co-op'ing it with a buddy.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I loved how beautifully the soundtrack, stories and the city feel tied together. Just didn't like the slight changes to the controls (although I never tried to adjust them). Still, cruising in the darkness through those city streets in the Mongoose was the coolest.

And $8 for New Vegas is a pretty sweet deal, although not as good as when they had it for $10 new and quite a few of the copies still had the pre-order bonus code. (I traded mine back to them for $9.10.)

Are these used deals in store as well? I ended up getting LA Noire last week but had to get it PMd.

The only issue was the 10% off from Unlocked didn't apply. I didn't contact CS when employees at the store forgot my Unclocked during a $6 trade-in, but for $1 and tax I might as well :cool:

[quote name='Gamer SDP']Are these used deals in store as well? I ended up getting LA Noire last week but had to get it PMd.

The only issue was the 10% off from Unlocked didn't apply. I didn't contact CS when employees at the store forgot my Unclocked during a $6 trade-in, but for $1 and tax I might as well :cool:[/QUOTE]

Yea it works in-store as well, but their registers don't recognize the sales so it has to be price matched.

ODST was the victim of bad marketing. They got way too excited and made some statements that they later reversed and the gaming community isn't very kind about that type of stuff, so it got far more hate than it should have. It is a far more character driven Halo story where you play as an average soldier, which means you are much weaker, and as such you have to play the game differently. I think people had trouble with that concept and wanted to keep playing it like it was Halo 3 and they were Master Chief. You do that and you will die, a lot, and in ways that look rather painful.

The BBY B2G1 is finally working online. Got Dragon Age Origins PS3, Darksiders Xbox and College Hoops 2k8. $4.99 each-$9 with B2G1 and Gamers Club- Free with $10 store closing coupon

Does anyone know if this (b2g1 free online) stacks with @gamer's "get 10% off all preowned games" thing?

[quote name='MiTYH']Does anyone know if this (b2g1 free online) stacks with @gamer's "get 10% off all preowned games" thing?[/QUOTE]

Yes it does.

Went to Best Buy yesterday and picked up God Of War 3, MGS4, and Assassins Creed II for a grand total of $25. Also picked up NCAA 12 for 19.99 with the $40 off Gamer coupon.

Was Darksiders in-store? I have been trying to get this game from BB for weeks now. Always out of stock.

[quote name='mrclutch']The BBY B2G1 is finally working online. Got Dragon Age Origins PS3, Darksiders Xbox and College Hoops 2k8. $4.99 each-$9 with B2G1 and Gamers Club- Free with $10 store closing coupon[/QUOTE]

[quote name='mrclutch']Nope. All 3 games including Darksiders was online and priced at 4.99 each..[/QUOTE]

Darksiders hasn't been available for shipping for awhile now...not at the 4.99 price.

Ordered MGS4 on Sunday because I couldn't find it at my local Best Buy and it came today already. It was a like new black label copy. SCORE!

[quote name='iduncurr']Darksiders hasn't been available fpping for awhile now...not at the 4.99 price.[/QUOTE]
I can verify that this was online at some point today. I had it in my shopping cart and removed

[quote name='ets']I can verify that this was online at some point today. I had it in my shopping cart and removed[/QUOTE]

Yeah my order is showing as processing on the website. hopefully it goes through and doesn't turn into a cancellation.

Sorry if this has been asked but will the 10 of 30 coupon stack with b2g1? I want to get skyrim but would probably take advantage of the b2g1 deal if it does.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Sorry if this has been asked but will the 10 of 30 coupon stack with b2g1? I want to get skyrim but would probably take advantage of the b2g1 deal if it does.[/QUOTE]

Nope. Unfortunately the coupon doesn't stack with "offers" like B2G1. They only stack with sale prices...

[quote name='mrclutch']Yeah my order is showing as processing on the website. hopefully it goes through and doesn't turn into a cancellation.[/QUOTE]

Was Darksiders the free game? A cancellation might not be bad if Darksiders was one of the paid games. If it was the free game then you could get kinda screwed...

[quote name='esalw822']Nope. Unfortunately the coupon doesn't stack with "offers" like B2G1. They only stack with sale prices...[/QUOTE]

Thanks...that sucks.

[quote name='esalw822']Was Darksiders the free game? A cancellation might not be bad if Darksiders was one of the paid games. If it was the free game then you could get kinda screwed...[/QUOTE]

The free game was Dragon Age O for PS3. If they cancel Darksiders it really does mess the deal up. DA O and Hoops 2k8 were very secondary on my list compared to Darksiders. Oh well. Time to play the waiting game.

[quote name='confoosious']I've never had BB cancel a game in a b2g1 free promotion.

What happens?[/QUOTE]

Not sure about other scenarios but I ordered three games. They cancelled the (2) I was charged for and the third game, which I did get, that was free ended up being exactly that... free.

I have Prince of Persia and Fable II in my cart and am looking for a third $4.99 game. I already have Darksiders so I was looking at one of these (all xbox versions). Thoughts?

Spiderwick Chronicles
Lost Planet: Extreme Conditions
Project Gotham Racing 4
darkSector

[quote name='chuckywang']Can someone explain to me what differences there are in the labels of MGS4?[/QUOTE]Original black label and the red greatest hits label.

I have yet to receive 2 of my 3 games purchased on 4/29 for a buy 2g1. Just a buyer beware that if they're not available for pickup, you're most likely in for a raw deal.

[quote name='Palinn']I have Prince of Persia and Fable II in my cart and am looking for a third $4.99 game. I already have Darksiders so I was looking at one of these (all xbox versions). Thoughts?

Spiderwick Chronicles
Lost Planet: Extreme Conditions
Project Gotham Racing 4
darkSector[/QUOTE]

If you are sick of shooters, PGR4!

Was trying to make this work for a while, then gave up, then tried one more time. Ended up with:

Ninja Gaiden II
Nier
Watchmen: The End is Nigh

Total price was $17.29.

[quote name='mrclutch']The BBY B2G1 is finally working online. Got Dragon Age Origins PS3, Darksiders Xbox and College Hoops 2k8. $4.99 each-$9 with B2G1 and Gamers Club- Free with $10 store closing coupon[/QUOTE]

My above order finally shipped today. I was a little worried about Darksiders since it is usually out of stock but BBY came through.:applause:

Lost Planet is pretty darn good. The MP isn't amazing (the story is great I think), but it's still a hell of a lot of fun with Akrid battles and stuff. Definitely worth $5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back