CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
prmob_topgamespreowned.gif

iconbestbuy.gif
Sale ends 11/3/2012

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='confoosious']has anyone asked if they could get $5 back for the Homefront they bought for $1.29?[/QUOTE]

PLEASE don't abuse best buy over 1.29. Look at the recent craptastic mag coupons due to abuse.

[quote name='ets']PLEASE don't abuse best buy over 1.29. Look at the recent craptastic mag coupons due to abuse.[/QUOTE]

I was just kidding. I was making fun of the super cheap asses.

[quote name='Idiotekque']That's the point, it's a bug. The page for Ultimate Edition SAYS that you can get it preowned for $12.99, but the bug is that the "preowned" Ultimate Edition is just the standard edition.

I repeated to the guy on the phone "Am I going to be able to get the Ultimate Edition for $12.99 like it says?" and he told me yes. Then again, I also asked him how long I had on the B2G1 promotion and he said that there wasn't a set date and that it would be an ongoing promotion. Less than 48 hours later and it's gone, so I can't say I have a lot faith in what he said.[/QUOTE]
I see, it sounded like he had already placed the order and was expecting Best Buy to cancel it.

[quote name='Alkalinejoe']I see, it sounded like he had already placed the order and was expecting Best Buy to cancel it.[/QUOTE]
Not sure what you mean. I never placed an order and neither did the support rep. I just asked if: 1. I would be able to buy the Ultimate Edition for the price that I saw it for ($12.99) once the bug was sorted out, and: 2. How long the B2G1 promotion was going to last.

He told me that I would be able to get F:NVUE for $12.99 and that he couldn't see an end date for the promotion and that it was going to be an "ongoing offer". I don't really know what to believe at this point. I'll pass on the info on F:NVUE when I get a reply from the bug team though!

[quote name='Idiotekque']Not sure what you mean. I never placed an order and neither did the support rep. I just asked if: 1. I would be able to buy the Ultimate Edition for the price that I saw it for ($12.99) once the bug was sorted out, and: 2. How long the B2G1 promotion was going to last.

He told me that I would be able to get F:NVUE for $12.99 and that he couldn't see an end date for the promotion and that it was going to be an "ongoing offer". I don't really know what to believe at this point. I'll pass on the info on F:NVUE when I get a reply from the bug team though![/QUOTE]
I think I was looking at a different post and confused it with yours. Sorry D:

Scored a sweet deal today. I bought Medal of Honor, LA Noire, and Borderlands (all $10), one of which was free because I used the B2G1 from my GCU Welcome Pack (total price $21.45).

Best part was I was able to get the GOTY edition of Borderlands instead of the standard copy. YMMV on this because the cashier had to manually check that all of the games were sale priced at $9.99 each since all three still had the non-sale sticker price on them. While doing this, she manually priced the GOTY edition as the same price as the standard. Good luck to those that are interested in seeking out the GOTY edition!

Since I've played LA Noire and don't have much interest in MOH, I will probably trade them both back into BB tomorrow for a total of $19.40, bringing the total purchase price to $2.05. Not bad for Borderlands GOTY edition!

[quote name='Dund3r']Scored a sweet deal today. I bought Medal of Honor, LA Noire, and Borderlands (all $10), one of which was free because I used the B2G1 from my GCU Welcome Pack (total price $21.45).

Best part was I was able to get the GOTY edition of Borderlands instead of the standard copy. YMMV on this because the cashier had to manually check that all of the games were sale priced at $9.99 each since all three still had the non-sale sticker price on them. While doing this, she manually priced the GOTY edition as the same price as the standard. Good luck to those that are interested in seeking out the GOTY edition!

Since I've played LA Noire and don't have much interest in MOH, I will probably trade them both back into BB tomorrow for a total of $19.40, bringing the total purchase price to $2.05. Not bad for Borderlands GOTY edition![/QUOTE]

Hopefully you got the disc based GOTY, because there are two versions, if you look on the back one will say "4.5 GB of HDD SPACE REQUIRED FOR USE OF SINGLE USE TOKEN" the other version will say "4.5 GB REQUIRED FOR ADDITIONAL CONTENT INSTALL"
make sure to checK!

[quote name='SeanTM22']Hopefully you got the disc based GOTY, because there are two versions, if you look on the back one will say "4.5 GB of HDD SPACE REQUIRED FOR USE OF SINGLE USE TOKEN" the other version will say "4.5 GB REQUIRED FOR ADDITIONAL CONTENT INSTALL"
make sure to checK![/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up. I purchased the one that says "add-on game content requires 4.5 GB of storage space". Inside the case are two discs: one is the game disc and the other is the "add-on content disc". Looks like I am in good shape.

Lucky break for you then, congrats! Is it complete? I was able to pick it up for $14.77 at GameStop, but since they were having their B2G1 offer it was the free game out of a few. Great game/time-waster. :)

I finally cracked open my copies of :ps3:Battlefield: Bad Company 2 and :ps3:Two Worlds II from the B2G1 a week or two ago tonight. Both have apparently been resurfaced, but you wouldn't know it unless you look really, really close at the discs since the method they must use for resurfacing/cleaning the discs leaves very few discernable marks. Of course, I could also tell it's been buffed because the edges of the discs were rough and not rounded.

Another way to tell if your discs you're buying from BB have been resurfaced is to breathe on the bottom of them till they fog up. You'll see the lines from the buffing pads then.

Still have not received 2 of my games from the previous buy 2 get 1 promo. I'm beyond frustrated. Just an FYI before they name me their CEO to compensate for this error.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I finally cracked open my copies of :ps3:Battlefield: Bad Company 2 and :ps3:Two Worlds II from the B2G1 a week or two ago tonight. Both have apparently been resurfaced, but you wouldn't know it unless you look really, really close at the discs since the method they must use for resurfacing/cleaning the discs leaves very few discernable marks. Of course, I could also tell it's been buffed because the edges of the discs were rough and not rounded.

Another way to tell if your discs you're buying from BB have been resurfaced is to breathe on the bottom of them till they fog up. You'll see the lines from the buffing pads then.[/QUOTE]
I think all BB used games are resurfaced, I haven't received a disc that has scratches on them which is surprising. I also find it odd BB re-shrink wrap all the used games they sell. Only gripe I have with BB used games is that bar code sticker they have on the back of the case blocking out the original bar code. Tried removing it on my game cases and it leaves behind tons of sticker residue.

[quote name='htz']I think all BB used games are resurfaced, I haven't received a disc that has scratches on them which is surprising. I also find it odd BB re-shrink wrap all the used games they sell. Only gripe I have with BB used games is that bar code sticker they have on the back of the case blocking out the original bar code. Tried removing it on my game cases and it leaves behind tons of sticker residue.[/QUOTE]
Try using a piece of clear packing tape on that sticker residue. It should get rid of it if you keep sticking it on the residue and peeling it off quickly.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Try using a piece of clear packing tape on that sticker residue. It should get rid of it if you keep sticking it on the residue and peeling it off quickly.[/QUOTE]
Wow, thanks for the tip. I just tried it with some scotch packaging tape and it took me about 3 minutes to remove all of the sticker residue. It's so clean right now I can't even tell there was a sticker there. :D

With PSN offering all of the Uncharted 2 DLC for free it makes the current Uncharted 2 deal even better. If you are one of the few that doesn't/haven't have the game it's well worth the price.

Picked up L.A Noire besides some marks on the case the discs look good as new. Hate how Best Buy marks their used games though, the stickered price was $39.99. Also for some reason the register didn't pick up the deal price so the guy had to price match to get it down to $9.99.

Goo-Gone is citrus based, so it does smell a bit, however any "residue" or smell can be removed with a damp microfiber cloth. Packing tape is quite a bit harsher and can leave the plastic on non jewel cases a little bit "stretched out".

[quote name='dvgamer']Picked up L.A Noire besides some marks on the case the discs look good as new. Hate how Best Buy marks their used games though, the stickered price was $39.99. Also for some reason the register didn't pick up the deal price so the guy had to price match to get it down to $9.99.[/QUOTE]

Happened to me as well. Sticker price was $19.99. It rang up $17.99. Sales associate was unable to find it in their system for $9.99 as it shows online so I pulled it up on my phone and showed him. He ended up calling a manager up there and said all he had to do was check the sku #'s from where I was showing it online and the item I was trying to buy and as long as they match he can sell it to me for that price. I think he was new and this was my first time buying a used game at BB so I can't complain.

I've wanted the game since it came out and unfortunately missed the "one day only deal" a few months back from Best Buy that was on a Sunday. I think it was $10 then as well but new obviously. Would've preferred the GoTY Edition but for the price difference I settled.

And now I see Borderlands is marked down too....didn't know that going in there. I don't recall seeing a copy though.

[quote name='ijustw1n']Still have not received 2 of my games from the previous buy 2 get 1 promo. I'm beyond frustrated. Just an FYI before they name me their CEO to compensate for this error.[/QUOTE]

I'm waiting on 6 myself. Supposed to be @ the store for pickup today, but the website still indicates "in process"

SMH.

store pickup orders show as 'in process' until you actually pick up the game. after you pick it up and the transaction is completed, it will be changed to 'complete.'

[quote name='Gabrius']I'm waiting on 6 myself. Supposed to be @ the store for pickup today, but the website still indicates "in process"

SMH.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Idiotekque']Goo-Gone is citrus based, so it does smell a bit, however any "residue" or smell can be removed with a damp microfiber cloth. Packing tape is quite a bit harsher and can leave the plastic on non jewel cases a little bit "stretched out".[/QUOTE]
Yeah it can if you do it wrong(not holding the plastic sleeve portion of the case while using the tape on it).

But even after wiping down the case after using Goo Gone I still noticed a distinct smell of citrus.

Oh and Goo Gone is far from citrus based. It's actually petroleum based if you look on the back of the bottle. It's even flammable.:whistle2:#

[quote name='technicalstylez']store pickup orders show as 'in process' until you actually pick up the game. after you pick it up and the transaction is completed, it will be changed to 'complete.'[/QUOTE]

Oh, well then hopefully I see a few emails today ^_^

Thanks!

My Assassins Creed from the Buy 2G1 deal a few weeks back finally came in. First I got a shipping email, but then I got a "your item has been delayed" email so it took a week longer than promised. It came complete though with case and manual so I am happy.

[quote name='technicalstylez']store pickup orders show as 'in process' until you actually pick up the game. after you pick it up and the transaction is completed, it will be changed to 'complete.'[/QUOTE]

Weird, when mine is "in process" it actually means it's in process of being shipped until a worker scans the shipment in and marks it for pick up.

Then my status changes to "Available for pick-up at -insert street store here-" when it can be picked up.

Are you sure you aren't talking about shipped items?

I've ordered like over a dozen things in the past two weeks. Honestly, they usually send you an email when it's ready for pick up so if they haven't yet...just wait? If anything call your store so you don't have to waste a trip there (unless you were planning anyways). or call customer service and ask what's the hold up? It really shouldn't take more then a week for items to be shipped to store unless notified.

Although lately my ship to store has been delayed for my last two orders. Only by a day though.

Picked up a copy of Borderlands tonight for $9.72 out the door. Game, Case and Manual were in mint condition. May have been a flip. Anyway glad I picked it up; played for about an hour and a half tonight and I'm loving every minute. Can't wait until it really opens up, it's been pretty pedestrian so far, but very fun nonetheless.

The method I used to remove that sticker residue from a copy of Dead Rising 2: OTR I bought a few weeks ago was to swap cases with another game I was trading in and let them deal with it. That method NEVER fails. ;)

[quote name='RedFoxCommando']Picked up a copy of Borderlands tonight for $9.72 out the door. Game, Case and Manual were in mint condition. May have been a flip. Anyway glad I picked it up; played for about an hour and a half tonight and I'm loving every minute. Can't wait until it really opens up, it's been pretty pedestrian so far, but very fun nonetheless.[/QUOTE]
Lemme tell you it's a hell of a lot funner with a friend. Never done 4 player co-op online or through system link, but split-screen co-op is a blast.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Lemme tell you it's a hell of a lot funner with a friend. Never done 4 player co-op online or through system link, but split-screen co-op is a blast.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I figured it would be more fun, I played it first thing this morning and it keeps delivering. I might have to go back and pick up another copy or two for my roommates. At $10 a pop, I'd be glad to pony up the cash to be able to do all these mission co-op.

[quote name='mrclutch']What time do the DOTW go live?[/QUOTE]
1:00AM-2:00AM EST, BB tends to update the website around that time.

[quote name='xxtheycallmedxx']are their used games guaranteed complete?[/QUOTE]
No, some of them are, some aren't. I got 3 used AC:brotherhoods, 1 had case and manual, 1 just the case, the last had disc only in a placeholder box

[quote name='xxtheycallmedxx']are their used games guaranteed complete?[/QUOTE]

No. From the site: " Game may not include original artwork and/or manual".

If possible, it's better to by them in the store. So, at least, you see something.

Tempted to pick up Fallout New Vegas. Might be time for me to visit the other Best Buy I'm too lazy to drive to.

Thanks for the update OP!

I absolutely love Halo 3 ODST. I think it's the parallel stories and the jazzy soundtrack. I love the look and feel of that game. Had a lot of fun co-op'ing it with a buddy.

[quote name='foreinter']Can this be combined with the B2G1 free pre-owned game promotion this week? BTW, thanks for updating, OP.[/QUOTE]
The B2G1 Free promo mentioned in the other thread is not showing up on the website (yet?) so I didn't mention it. But if it does show up on the website it will stack with the games I listed in the OP.

[quote name='sninh']return/rebuy?[/QUOTE]

Probably going to. It'll save me like $10. I have to go price match prototype 2 anyways. I'm just waiting on the b2g1 free to come up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back