Big Fish Games $2.99 Game Deals: Murder, She Wrote & Royal Envoy

Otty Ott

CAGiversary!
Today's Big Fish $2.99 Daily Deal game is:

Trial Of The Gods: Ariadne's Fate - a match 3 game.

Click here for Trial Of The Gods: Ariadne's Fate

Now no coupon code needed. To get the $2.99 price, you must either be a Game Club member or do the 1 month Game Club trial which you can cancel after buying the game.

Big Fish has also started a $2.99 Catch of the Week:

Redemption Cemetery: Curse Of The Raven - A hidden object game.

Click here for Redemption Cemetery: Curse Of The Raven

Now no coupon code or Game Club membership needed. Available to everyone.

I will update this post every day for the new game each day.

Last edited by a moderator:

I Spy: Fun House - A hidden object game.

Click here for I Spy: Fun House

Now no coupon code needed. To get the $2.99 price, you must either be a Game Club member or do the 1 month Game Club trial which you can cancel after buying the game.

Doors Of The Mind: Inner Mysteries - a hidden object game.

Click here for Doors Of The Mind: Inner Mysteries

Gamezebo review:

"I SPY: Fun House, the latest interactive spinoff of Scholastic's popular hidden object picture books, proves that a good hidden object game can appeal to virtually all demographics. My kindergarten-aged daughter loves the paper versions of these puzzles, and she had just as much fun working through their digital counterparts. I - a man 30 years her senior - played with her, and I'm pretty sure we were both equally engaged."

Pros: Splendid production values. Challenging for kids and grown-ups alike. Lots of fun bonus games.

Cons: Only 11 puzzles, which repeat with different sets of objects. No hints.

Rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars; Average Player Score: 1.5 out of 5 stars

Click to read the Gamezebo review of I Spy Fun House

Yummy Drink Factory - A time management game.

Click here for Yummy Drink Factory

Gamezebo review:

"The highest compliment we can pay the title? With the limitations and drawbacks of current time management titles rapidly becoming more apparent with each passing release, Yummy Drink Factory nonetheless manages to remain somewhat quirky and memorable. Mind you, that’s no small feat in a category where new titles are literally released with every passing day."

Pros: Fantasy theme. Variety of drinks. Custom recipe creation/sharing. Handles like a charm. Good for all ages.

Cons: Repetitive action. Low difficulty level. Can game the system. Been-there, done-that feel.

Rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars; Average Player Score: 4.0 out of 5 stars

Click to read the Gamezebo review of Yummy Drink Factory

Townopolis Gold - A strategy game.

Click here for Townopolis Gold

Gamezebo review:

"Construction simulations are all the rage lately, helping to prove that literally every genre – real-time strategy included – can benefit from a casual-minded extreme makeover. Townopolis certainly swears by this theory, reducing the core number of resources you must manage to just two (materials and workers). Unfortunately for aspiring foremen though, a weak presentation and tons of inherent drudgery serve to undermine what could otherwise be considered a strong foundation on which to build."

Pros: Easy to learn and control. Build your own scenarios. Structures interrelate in multiple ways. Surprising depth.

Cons: Too much downtime. Lackluster presentation. Artificially inflated playtime. Fails to captivate and engage.

Rating: 2.5 out of 5 stars; Average Player Score: 3.5 out of 5 stars

Click to read the Gamezebo review of Townopolis

Eden's Quest: The Hunt For Akua - A puzzle adventure game.

Click here for Eden's Quest: The Hunt For Akua

Gamezebo review:

"With a name like Eden Hunt, you just know that the main character of Eden's Quest: The Hunt For Akua is up for some adventuring. But it turns out she's also quit the puzzle master. Because while Eden's Quest may look and feel a lot like a classic adventure game, it's all mostly window dressing for the massive collection of puzzles that the game throws at you."

Pros: Gorgeous, comic book style art direction. Solid puzzle variety. Great new lead character.

Cons: The occasional frustrating, unclear puzzle. Slightly generic story. Some performance issues.

Rating: 4.0 out of 5 stars; Average Player Score: 3.0 out of 5 stars

Click to read the Gamezebo review of Eden's Quest: The Hunt For Akua

Dream Chronicles 4: The Book Of Air - An adventure/hidden object game.

Click here for Dream Chronicles 4: The Book Of Air

Gamezebo review:

"Dream Chronicles 4: The Book of Air is still an enjoyable casual adventure/HOG, but compared to the high standards set by previous games in the series, it comes up a little short. Let's hope that Lyra's next adventure is a more memorable one."

Pros: Good production values, graphics and sound. Improved hint system. Choice of casual and challenge modes.

Cons: Lacks the "wow" factor of previous games. Many of the mini-games seem rudimentary - especially the collapse-style fuel puzzle.

Rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars; Average Player Score: 3.0 out of 5 stars

Click to read the Gamezebo review of Dream Chronicles 4: The Book of Air

Mary Kay Andrews: The Fixer Upper - A hidden object game.

Click here for Mary Kay Andrews: The Fixer Upper

Gamezebo review:

"Mary Kay Andrews: The Fixer Upper is a perfect example of a hidden object game that's phoning it in. On paper, it has everything it's supposed to: plenty of items to find, between-level mini-games, decent graphics and a fully-realized story. In practice, however, it's a lifeless drudge of a game that's unrewarding, unsatisfying, and completely devoid of charm."

Pros: Solid item searches. Covers all the hidden object bases.

Cons: Dreary dialogue. Tedious mini-games. Run of the mill HOG gameplay.

Rating: 2.5 out of 5 stars; Average Player Score: 2.5 out of 5 stars

Click to read the Gamezebo review of Mary Kay Andrews: The Fixer Upper

Fiona Finch & The Finest Flowers - A time management game.

Click here for Fiona Finch & The Finest Flowers

Awakening: The Dreamless Castle - a hidden object game.

Click here for Awakening: The Dreamless Castle

Gamezebo review:

"Fiona Finch and the Finest Flowers, a time management game from 1morebee, owes a lot to the likes of Farm Frenzy and Ranch Rush, but still manages to impress with polished gameplay and new twists, including swapping out farm animals altogether and focusing strictly on flowers and fruit."

Pros: Uniquely untimed gameplay. Polished controls. Two modes. Trophies to unlock.

Cons: Painfully hackneyed story. Overbearing tutorial. Limited opportunities to use certain upgrades. Certain concepts heavily inspired by other games.

Rating: 3.0 out of 5 stars; Average Player Score: 3.5 out of 5 stars

Click to read the Gamezebo review of Fiona Finch and the Finest Flowers

Gamezebo review:

"I had a blast playing Awakening: The Dreamless Castle. The variety of puzzles, the music, the lush fairytale artwork, and the medieval castle setting were engaging to the point where I had to stay up late one night just to finish and see what happens to the princess Sophia in the end. I won’t spoil it for you, but let’s just say that the ending does a nice job of setting up the next adventure. Oh, and when you finish the game you get access to new content: Goblinjong, a mahjong matching game that delivers more story information as you progress through each level. All in all, I think Awakening: The Dreamless Castleis, in fact, a dreamy title for puzzle lovers."

Pros: Oodles of puzzles and mini-games. Beautiful scenes. Delightful fairytale story.

Cons: Very few hidden object scenes. Some items require multiple clicks. Some mini-games too repetitive.

Rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars; Average Player Score: 4.5 out of 5 stars

Click to read the Gamezebo review of Awakening: The Dreamless Castle

Flip Words 2 - A great word game.

Click here for Flip Words 2

Gamezebo review:

"What's the verdict? Well, Flip Words 2's a winner. It's easy to learn, addictive to play, features impressive production values and sports a great online component. It's an exceptional product with just two weaknesses. Only one save game is provided per player, so you can't switch between Classic and Strategy modes without starting over. Plus, many legitimate words are unrecognized by the game. That, however, is the extent of its failings. Flip Words 2 is an entertaining, challenging and addictive treat, one that will have you returning often. It's flippin' fantastic!"

Pros: Easy to learn, addictive to play. Great production values. Cool online Party Mode. Built-in phrase editor.

Cons: One save game per player. Many unrecognized words.

Rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars; Average Player Score: 4.0 out of 5 stars

Click to read the Gamezebo review of Flip Words 2

Jump Jump Jelly Reactor - A match 3 game.

Click here for Jump Jump Jelly Reactor

There is no review of Jump Jump Jelly Reactor on Gamezebo.

On iWin, the average user review is 4.5 stars.

Here is the game description from Big Fish:

The Jellies need your help in Jump Jump Jelly Reactor! The Jelly Reactor is under attack by the vile Rockons, and to make matters worse, the jelly factory is completely off-line! Can you save Jellytown and stop the Rockons from breaching the jelly gate? You’ll get help from the Miners, great upgrades, and jelly coins that help you fix up Jellytown. Arcade, strategy, puzzle solving, and many different challenges await in Jump Jump Jelly Reactor!

• Fix up Jellytown
  • Earn valuable jelly coins
  • Adorable characters

Party Down - A time management game based on the Starz TV series.

Click here for Party Down

Gamezebo review:

"Many people who want to be stars never make it to the big screen - just ask your typical Hollywood waitress what she thinks about the topic! That's the whole idea behind Party Down, a quirky time management game tied to a TV series of the same name that has you acting as caterer to the biggest celebrities as you dream about making your big break."

Pros: Lots of new twists and features. Random events keep things busy and interesting. Amusing celebrity situations.

Cons: Clicks must be precise. Staff moves extremely slowly in the beginning. Pace can range from overly slow to extremely busy within one level.

Click to read the Gamezebo review of Party Down

Fix-It-Up 2: World Tour - A time management game where you are repairing cars.

Click here for Fix-It-Up 2: World Tour

Gamezebo review:

"In the end Fix-it-up: World Tour definitely fulfills every expectation, though without being as innovative as the first game. The concept still works great and ensures the game's rank being one of the few unique time management games out there. Enjoy a trip all over the world with an interesting story, gorgeous graphics, funny details and be prepared to invest at least six hours to do so."

Pros: Interesting storyline. Unique gameplay. Above average length. Two modes. Quirky details. Bonus levels and awards. Gorgeous graphics.

Cons: Some minor language issues. Runs slowly occasionally. Endless mode could be more interesting.

Rating: 4.0 out of 5 stars; Average Player Score: 4.0 out of 5 stars

Click to read the Gamezebo review of Fix-it-up: World Tour

Time Riddles: The Mansion - A bad hidden object game.

Click here for Time Riddles: The Mansion

Gamezebo review:

"I have to admit I was intrigued by the title Time Riddles: The Mansion and I was eager to explore an old mansion and decipher challenging riddles (as the title implies). However, I was disappointed to find that the only riddle I had to solve was why I was continuing to play a game so poorly executed that it was a chore (rather than a joy) to play."

Pros: Interesting attempt at mixing board game and hidden object mechanics.

Cons: Poor English. Inferior graphics quality. Non-existent soundtrack. Technical glitches. Throwaway mini-games. A rushed and sloppy effort.

Rating: 1.5 out of 5 stars; Average Player Score: 1.5 out of 5 stars

Click to read the Gamezebo review of Time Riddles: The Mansion

Sarah Maribu and the Lost World - A hidden object game.

Click here for Sarah Maribu and the Lost World

Gamezebo review:

"Sarah Maribu and the Lost World does enough to get by, but fails to truly excite. If all you’re looking for a safe, traditional HOG to while away a few hours, it will do the trick. Players looking for something with a little more verve and inspiration can pass it by without worry."

Pros: Lovely art and sound design. Clever picture clues don’t give away exactly what we’re looking for.

Cons: Threadbare story. Retreads common HOG design. Context-driven puzzles are much too easy.

Click to read the Gamezebo review of Sarah Maribu and the Lost World

Story Of Fairy Place - a match 3 game.

Click here for Story Of Fairy Place

Cooking Dash: DinerTown Studios - A time management game.

Click here for Cooking Dash: DinerTown Studios

I couldn't find an reviews of Story Of Fairy Place. Here is the description from the Big Fish site:

Story of Fairy Place is an amazing butterfly matching game where you flutter in a world of fairytales and magic. Gain power in order to help the charming fairy in her puzzling predicament. Help her rebuild her beautiful dreamlike house by matching wonderfully rendered butterflies in this one of kind Match 3 game. Travel through 7 stages and conquer 73 levels.

• 73 colorful levels.
  • 7 exciting stages.
  • Easy and fun game play.

Gamezebo review:

"Cooking Dash - DinerTown Studios certainly has not moved mountains in comparison to its predecessor, and significant changes are few and far between. However, the game concept still has not lost its appeal, and fans of the dash series will be absolutely satisfied by this product without any doubt."

Pros: Fast-paced. Decent number of upgrades. Replay value. Nice graphics and animations. Humor. Ability to earn medals.

Cons: Quite similar to the first game. Easy to beat. The new features take some getting used to.

Rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars; Average Player Score: 3.5 out of 5 stars

Click to read the Gamezebo review of Cooking Dash - DinerTown Studios

Fairy Jewels 2 - a marble popper game.

Click here for Fairy Jewels 2

Gamezebo review:

"Fairy Jewels 2, like its forerunner, is a gem of a game. It’s a magical, charming, addictive, eminently entertaining treat for the whole family. Wand and fairy dust not included."

Pros: Entertaining story. Addictive gameplay. High production values. Two play modes.

Cons: Bonus mini-game levels quickly become boring.

Rating: 4.0 out of 5 stars; Average Player Score: 5.0 out of 5 stars

Click to read the Gamezebo review of Fairy Jewels 2

Vampire Saga: Pandora's Box - a hidden object game.

Click here for Vampire Saga: Pandora's Box

Gamezebo review:

"Vampire Saga: Pandora's Box is among the few games where you think you know what's going to happen before the game pitches you a very sharp twist, and one of the few that pulls off an ending that really leaves you speechless and wondering what's going to happen next. Combine that with unique environments and suspense, and you've got your money's worth."

Pros: Strong and detailed storyline. Challenging levels throughout. Very friendly hint system.

Cons: Very little actual animation. No character voices. Occasional poorly labelled and repetitive objects.

Click to read the Gamezebo review of Vampire Saga: Pandora's Box

Lucky Clover - a hidden object game with a Leprechaun theme.

Click here for Lucky Clover

Gamezebo review:

"Provided such sickly-sweet stereotyping and corny humor doesn't rub you the wrong way, hey... dive in, and be our guest, Mr. or Mrs. O'Malley. Far be it from us to insinuate that this is an underperforming title, just one geared to a very specific niche and personality type. Whether you'll ultimately be drawn to or repelled from Lucky Clover simply depends on your tolerance for cheap laughs and pleasing, but mostly routine scavenger hunts. And you can bet your Blarney Stone on that."

Pros: Goofy jokes. Collectible prize rewards. Hundreds of locations. Randomized object placement. Sound bytes/speech samples.

Cons: Repetitious. Does one joke to death. Need to hunt for single symbols. Annoying mascot. Ridiculously ostentatious.

Rating: 3.0 out of 5 stars; Average Player Score: 2.0 out of 5 stars

Click to read the Gamezebo review of Lucky Clover

It's All About Masks - another bad hidden object game.

Click here for It's All About Masks

Gamezebo didn't bother to review this game. However, there were 8 user reviews there that gave the game 1.5 stars out of 5. iWin users gave it 3 out of 5 stars.

Empress Of The Deep: The Darkest Secret - a good hidden object game.

Click here for Empress Of The Deep: The Darkest Secret

Gamezebo review:

"Empress of the Deep: The Darkest Secret is one of the most entertaining hidden object games I've played in a long time. With a fantastic setting, engaging environments, fun puzzles and a dark twist, it's a great choice for gamers looking for a relaxed experience with a bit of an edge to it."

Pros: Impressive graphics and sound. Deeply engaging game world. Gameplay is relaxed but reasonably challenging without becoming frustrating.

Cons: Maybe a little too easy for some gamers. Definitely on the short side.

Click to read the Gamezebo review of Empress of the Deep: The Darkest Secret

Affair Bureau - a hidden object game.

Click here for Affair Bureau

Gamezebo review:

"Alex is a former police officer turned private detective whose latest case takes some exciting twists in Affair Bureau, a run of the mill hidden object game that doesn’t live up to its potential."

Pros: Dynamic art style. Intereting mini-games.

Cons: Occasional mislabeled item and typos. Some scenes too dark. Short. Crime computer is under-used.

Rating: 2.5 out of 5 stars; Average Player Score: 2.0 out of 5 stars

Click to read the Gamezebo review of Affair Bureau

The Hidden Object Show Season 2 - a hidden object game.

Click here for The Hidden Object Show Season 2

Haunted Manor: Lord Of Mirrors - A hidden object game.

Click here for Haunted Manor: Lord Of Mirrors

Gamezebo review:

"The Hidden Object Show returns for "Season 2" with more polish, better graphics, and - if you can believe it - even more bang for the buck. If you thought the first game was long, wait until you sink your teeth into its sequel, which boasts a mind-blowing 300 rounds - that's three times more than the first game had."

Pros: Better graphics and colors. Funny animations. Dynamic crowd responses. Massive length. Fun new mini-games and prizes.

Cons: Some annoying sound effects. No plot to drive the game forward.

Click to read the Gamezebo review of The Hidden Object Show Season 2

Gamezebo review:

"It's about refinement, not revolution; it doesn't bring anything new to the genre and it's not going to stump anyone with devious designs and brand-new brainteasers, but what it does do, it does very well. We may have done it all before, but the high-gloss polish of Haunted Manor: Lord of Mirrors makes it fun to do it all over again."

Pros: Looks and sounds great, with lots of little touches that really set the atmosphere. Relatively easy gameplay should make it especially appealing to HOG newbies.

Cons: Lackluster minigames. There's nothing new under the sun: Don't expect to find any groundbreaking originality here.

Rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars; Average Player Score: 3.5 out of 5 stars

Click to read the Gamezebo review of Haunted Manor: Lord of Mirrors

Pathfinders: Lost At Sea - a hidden object game.

Click here for Pathfinders: Lost At Sea

Gamezebo review:

"Pathfinders: Lost at Sea wasn't really a difficult game, and it really doesn't appear that they meant it to be. Everything seems to be in place to make this a gentle, fun game. There's no difficulty selection, no timers, no real penalty for clicking the wrong objects (the cursor spirals out of control for about two seconds) and you have pretty frequent access to a hint option that will highlight one of the objects you're searching for."

Pros: Beautiful scenery. Great intro to HOG games. Fun story.

Cons: Repetitive music. Lack of extra game modes. Not much reason to go back after you finish it.

Rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars; Average Player Score: 3.0 out of 5 stars

Click to read the Gamezebo review of Pathfinders: Lost At Sea

HappyVille: Quest for Utopia - a time management game.

Click here for HappyVille: Quest for Utopia

Gamezebo review:

"HappyVille: Quest for Utopia is a subpar building simulation that is sure to disappoint for its many flaws. Unless Gogii can fix these problems, we're not too happy with HappyVille."

Pros: Challenging city building simulation. Cute, cartoon graphics. Resident names add a personal touch. Can speed up clock.

Cons: Artificial intelligence (A.I.) issues. Can't choose which businesses to construct. Only one game mode.

Rating: 2.5 out of 5 stars; Average Player Score: 1.5 out of 5 stars

Click to read the Gamezebo review of HappyVille: Quest for Utopia

AGON: The London Scene - A graphic adventure game.

Click here for AGON: The London Scene

bread's done
Back