Buy.com Scam Alert.

snootyusher

CAGiversary!
BUY.COM SCAM ALERT.

I ordered the Pioneer 600W 5.1 speaker page from the Deals page on 11/30. My package "shipped" on 12/6 and was supposed to arrive today. Looking at FedEx's tracking, it hasn't even been picked up. It's still "Package data transmitted to FedEx " I called Buy.com today, and after being placed on hold for about 10-15 minutes, was told that they DIDN'T actually ship it. How the F could you note it as shipped if you didn't ship it???

The service rep was going to re-order the shipment, which would take another 1-2 bus days, then another 7-9 in transit. This is clearly unsatisfactory, since my shipment was supposed to arrive TODAY, and I will be on vacation when the "new" shipment arrives. I told him I wanted it overnighted/expedited. He said that they could NOT change the shipping method at this point. I asked to speak to a manager/supervisor, but, surprise!, none were available. Now I'm waiting for a call-back.

Also, I asked him if they would have ever picked up on this error if I didn't call. THEY WOULDN'T HAVE. It was up to me, the customer, to make sure that a retailer follows through on their order. They were happy to TAKE MY MONEY and not actually give me what I paid for. Absolutely ludicrous.

Has anyone had experience dealing with the morons at Buy.com customer service? Any suggestions?

(note- i posted this on the pioneer deal thread as well).

buy.com don't ship your stuff, is it because you're ugly ? ^__^; Just kidding, don't worry you'll get your stuff, I don't have problem with buy.com ( not yet anyway )

not really a scam but someone fucked up your order in the database. i never had any problems with them.

I have only ordered one thing from buy.com and it took them over a month to get it to me. They didn't update me as to what was going on or anything. I can't recommend them to anyone.

[quote name='Maklershed']How is this a scam or a scam alert?[/quote]

uh, because they take your money, tell you your order is coming, but then don't actually send it?

So a mistake constitutes a scam now? It's called an oversight, it happens in businesses like this. Of course they wouldn't have noticed it without your input. I agree they should offer you some form of recompense for their delay and error, but to call this a scam is a gross exaggeration, unless I'm missing something.

[quote name='Maklershed']You think a huge company that does insane business each day is out to scam one person?[/quote]

ah, no, and don't put words in my mouth, ok?

perhaps they took my order knowing it was out of stock, and didn't want to tell me. they probably had a lot of orders coming it, and couldn't keep up with all of them. if i had known it would be such a hassle, i might have looked elsewhere and given another retailer my business. instead, they took my money and told me they shipped the order.

so what's to stop them from doing this other people? they just wanted money to lock me in to the purchase, without any regard for fulfilling my order in a timely manner. the next time an order gets a good deal, they might just do the same thing - take in more orders than they can supply, and sort out the leftovers (i.e., me) later.

the point is - be warned when dealing with buy.com on deals. they may take your order and money now, but may not be reliable for shipping.

Hey
Guess what.
Not a Scam.
Wait for it to ship, and next time dont use the internet to bitch about things, it makes the world a better place.
K?
THX

[quote name='snootyusher']ah, no, and don't put words in my mouth, ok?[/quote]

I'm not the one that made the thread saying Buy.com scammed snootyusher.

Umm ... scam isn't the proper word to describe your experience, it's not like they took your money and didn't deliver the service at all. They forgot to ship it which seem more like human error and try to reimburse your problem by reshipping it . A company is bond to make mistakes sooner or later when they ship large bulks of items every day. This seem more like bad customer service rant then a scam one.

I wouldn't call it a scam, it was a stupid mistake. They should definitely compensate you for it though, probably by overnighting it.

Buy.com definitely isn't the best store, the stuff I get from there usually takes longer to get to me than at other online stores, but they're not a scam.

When I ordered a refurb Zune from them it was in stock according to the site and everything. I wait about a week and a half and the status is "sent to warehouse", so I get ahold of them and it turns out they're oos. Kind of annoying they didn't tell me that or at least update the order page. Needless to say I canceled. Took about another week and a half to get my refund.

Ordered a external harddrive from them order was "sent to warehouse" stayed like that for 2 weeks. Emailed them and they never responded. So I canceled the order. Maybe not the best customer service company, but I don't think they are out to scam people.

this is a mistake. not a scam. it could be anything from a filing error, to your package fell off a cart packed with hundreds of items as someone pulled it through the warehouse to the loading dock to give to the fedex driver.

should have saved the energy you spent blowing it out of proportion. end of story.

This isnt a scam. Someone just fucked up your order. If your package does come to your house when your on vacation you can always have a neighbor hold it in their house or tell them to put it somewhere in your house if you provide them with keys.

Happened to me too a month ago, I emailed them and they fixed it and sent it in 2 or 3 days. Stuff happens and I wasn't in a rush so it didn't matter much to me. Buy.com has low prices and crappy service, but they do resolve problems in a relatively decent timeframe which is all I really care about in the end.

I have ordered lots of stuff for free from Buy.com with there budget shipping. It sucks. I have had somethings take almost a month for them to get to me. That is why I only buy free or next to free things from buy.com.

bread's done
Back