CAG Fighting Game Thread Vol. 12: Dark Resurrection

Status
Not open for further replies.
i played NGBC when it came out in arcades, i couldn't stand it. i still think it's a terrible game.

i bet hyper SF for evo will have top 16 CE Bisons.

before you argue that A3, or VS should be considered, also consider last year when fans were given the opportunity to pre-reg or vote for an at-large game. NONE of the games, including A3, VF4:Evo, DS, DOA, made it.

plus i think A3 is one of those games where the better you get at it, the worse game it becomes. crouch cancels are so broken.

[quote name='apokalipze2']Well I'm glad they chose do4. It's not the deepest fighter but who cares. I just want to smash:wall:[/QUOTE]

I actually think everyone who's attending evo for a fighter other than DoA4 should enter the DoA4 tourney, since I'm sure they'll do well ;) Heck, the Mario Kart players will probably kick the most ass in DoA4 :lol:

I always get a boner when a new Tekken comes out. I dunno why I like that series. It just feels so satisfying to hit someone in Tekken compared to the other games for some reason. It just feels really "solid" in that aspect, kind of like SF and the old MK games. The newer MK games have a little of that too, but not as good as Tekken still. I don't feel a lot of "impact" when I hit someone in DOA4 for some reason.

[quote name='opportunity777']I always get a boner when a new Tekken comes out. I dunno why I like that series. It just feels so satisfying to hit someone in Tekken compared to the other games for some reason. It just feels really "solid" in that aspect, kind of like SF and the old MK games. The newer MK games have a little of that too, but not as good as Tekken still. I don't feel a lot of "impact" when I hit someone in DOA4 for some reason.[/QUOTE]

I personally think the tekken series has had the best way of showcasing pain in a fighter... usually the stuns look like it hurts like a bitch... It may be because the game puts a huge emphasise on the impact of each hit by going all out on the animation and the flashy stuff..

just wanted people's opinions:

I'll be ordering this later today unless someone dosn't think I should:
http://cgi.ebay.com/PSP-FIX-Dpad-fo...ryZ91513QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I know I can mod my PSP the same way with some glue, an nes sleeve, and some time, but I like this since I don't have to glue, and I have mor confidence in something that's been used by alot of other people. Any reasons why I shouldn't buy other than the "nes sleeve" way being free? I mainly want to do this so that I force myself to pick up fighters for my PSP, go back to finish darkstalkers, and prepare for TekkenDR.

Hi again guys, thanks again for the wonderful Birthday wishes :D !

RR: It's pretty much going to have the same end result. It'd make for a cleaner mod in the end. It's really up to you if you want that. Personally I would get it since it's cleaner, even if it is just a little more $$$.

[quote name='opportunity777']It just feels so satisfying to hit someone in Tekken compared to the other games for some reason. It just feels really "solid" in that aspect, kind of like SF and the old MK games.[/QUOTE]Personally I think the hits seem rather weak in Tekken. Probably because the characters don't have enough weight to them.

just you guys wait, every match of DoA4 is going to be filled with daigo vs. justin wong moments and all the ladies will drop their panties :p
no seriously though, I guess this will be its test. though of course some people, ahem, will still knock it regardless, even if it passes. I think the tekken players will be in for a surprise when they get a kasumi rush down from someone who knows what's going on ;)

You bastard! the two games I want to play very badly this year >_< damn modding... I gotta go mod my system someday.

do it! takes 15 minutes and about $30. I'm going to try and play through all of okami and put up a review in a few weeks...

I think they need VF4 there, but I guess people just don't play it in the U.S.?

[quote name='Arikado']I'd be down for a tournament. Hell, I'll be down just to play anyone else with the game. Add me for some matches.[/QUOTE]

I haven't even picked up Neowave yet. I've been to lazy. I'll pick it up sometime.

[quote name='opportunity777']I always get a boner when a new Tekken comes out. I dunno why I like that series. It just feels so satisfying to hit someone in Tekken compared to the other games for some reason. It just feels really "solid" in that aspect, kind of like SF and the old MK games. The newer MK games have a little of that too, but not as good as Tekken still. I don't feel a lot of "impact" when I hit someone in DOA4 for some reason.[/QUOTE]

i was playing garou yesterday and some of the hits in that game really have a crunch to them.

as unrealistic as it looks, hits in the 2-D MK games were always satisifying...especially if the bass is turned up on the cabinet.

MK uppercuts still rule.

[quote name='Apossum']as unrealistic as it looks, hits in the 2-D MK games were always satisifying...especially if the bass is turned up on the cabinet.

MK uppercuts still rule.[/QUOTE]

100% with you on that one :)

MarkMan: Thanks for the opinion on the modding... I'll dish out a little cash for the d-pad mod later today.

UPDATE: I ordered the mod about an hour ago... as soon as I get it I'll probably have to pick up canned compressed air since I realized I didn't have any.

[quote name='jimfoley16']SF2 better come out soon, my interest in it is draining by the day[/QUOTE]

wasn't it delayed due to too many lag issues?

also, very "adorable" new sig gigan ;)

Yeah, I read over at shoryuken that they're having trouble with the lag in the game. That kinda sucks considering that the xbox version is also laggy.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I personally think the tekken series has had the best way of showcasing pain in a fighter... usually the stuns look like it hurts like a bitch... It may be because the game puts a huge emphasise on the impact of each hit by going all out on the animation and the flashy stuff..

just wanted people's opinions:

I'll be ordering this later today unless someone dosn't think I should:
http://cgi.ebay.com/PSP-FIX-Dpad-fo...ryZ91513QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I know I can mod my PSP the same way with some glue, an nes sleeve, and some time, but I like this since I don't have to glue, and I have mor confidence in something that's been used by alot of other people. Any reasons why I shouldn't buy other than the "nes sleeve" way being free? I mainly want to do this so that I force myself to pick up fighters for my PSP, go back to finish darkstalkers, and prepare for TekkenDR.[/QUOTE]
I've heard of a cheap solution for the PSP d-pad, tape a quarter to it. :)

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I've heard of a cheap solution for the PSP d-pad, tape a quarter to it. :)[/QUOTE]

I wanted to do that, but realized it's not the greatest thing in terms of longterm use... plus it's horrible looking in public >_

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']wasn't it delayed due to too many lag issues?

also, very "adorable" new sig gigan ;)[/QUOTE]

Thanks RR, but it's an old sig I decided to take out of retirement. it'll give the new faces here something to appreciate.;)

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I wanted to do that, but realized it's not the greatest thing in terms of longterm use... plus it's horrible looking in public >_

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I've heard of a cheap solution for the PSP d-pad, tape a quarter to it. :)[/quote]

Has anyone here actually tried it? I don't want something that permanently fuses to the PSP just so I can pull off quarter circle moves in Street Fighter.

Think you guys might like this:

may8oy.jpg

This too:

1145290073463.jpg

4314718bw.jpg

[quote name='gigan54']@guile :it's marjolaine or marlojaine or something like that.

@MarkMan : thank you sir, may I have another :)[/quote]

Marjolaine...google likes that. :)

And just so that I talk about an actual game...I got KOF: Extreme for the N-Gage. Now I just need an N-Gage. :lol:

Pleaaaaase can we not turn this into a cosplay thread. It happened a while back. If you want cosplay, make a damn cosplay thread. But SOME fighting game fans (*cough* me) think cosplay is one of the stupidest damn ideas ever. Video game characters aren't real. Get over it. I think it's on the same level as trying to imitate things you saw in movies/tv/videogames.

you're just bitter because you never played the a-team when you were little (IKIK) no but seriously, he does have a point. I blame myself for changing my sig.

[quote name='gigan54']you're just bitter because you never played the a-team when you were little (IKIK) no but seriously, he does have a point. I blame myself for changing my sig.[/quote]

No blame is necessary. It was only like 4 or 5 posts in the thread. I even made a point to mention KOF Extreme to redirect the convo but I guess it was overlooked. However, I'll make a cosplay thread so I won't have to Sonic Hurricane anyone. :lol:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1843502

*pic removed*

sorry, that was obnoxious.

SF2 live...I hate it already on priniciple since it ensures that SF:Anniversary will never be BC.

[quote name='Apossum']

:rofl: HAY GUYSS WANNA RIED THE MAI TRAIN?111

I couldn't resist! '

SF2 live...I hate it already on the priniciple since it ensures that SF:Anniversary will never be BC.[/quote]

Have they made ANY 2D fighters BC yet?

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Have they made ANY 2D fighters BC yet?[/QUOTE]

not that I know of...I think they forgot about BC altogether.

[quote name='Apossum']not that I know of...I think they forgot about BC altogether.[/quote]

That's the one thing that really disappointed me with the 360. I have all these fighting games that will always have to be played on the original Xbox if I want to go online.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']That's the one thing that really disappointed me with the 360. I have all these fighting games that will always have to be played on the original Xbox if I want to go online.[/QUOTE]

they really dropped the xbox like a bad habit... I would think that if they were shooting for the market share, they would get something so basic right. I guess their market research showed otherwise, but I'm just gonna go out on a limb and say it was wrong.

I would buy a cheap xbox in an instant just to play those games, but BC live-enabled 2D fighters would make swallowing a 360 a whoooole lot easier.

[quote name='Apossum']they really dropped the xbox like a bad habit... I would think that if they were shooting for the market share, they would get something so basic right. I guess their market research showed otherwise, but I'm just gonna go out on a limb and say it was wrong.

I would buy a cheap xbox in an instant just to play those games, but BC live-enabled 2D fighters would make swallowing a 360 a whoooole lot easier.[/QUOTE]

I don't think I can swallow a 360. it's much too icky and salty. I'd rather just have it blasted on my face

ok back on topic: mudman is awesome in NGBC. he's quickly becoming one of my favorites. also kim seems stronger in this game, and his priority has improved too. and damn are those special tag supers ard to pull off. the only one i've been able to do is iori/kyo's.

[quote name='gigan54']I don't think I can swallow a 360. it's much too icky and salty. I'd rather just have it blasted on my face

ok back on topic: mudman is awesome in NGBC. he's quickly becoming one of my favorites. also kim seems stronger in this game, and his priority has improved too. and damn are those special tag supers ard to pull off. the only one i've been able to do is iori/kyo's.[/quote]

:lol:

What game was Mudman in? I forget.

[quote name='gigan54']world heroes, along with hanzou, fuuma and neo-dio[/quote]

That's it! With Rasputin and Janne. Now I remember. I thought that World Heores was a game from a different company though.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']That's it! With Rasputin and Janne. Now I remember. I thought that World Heores was a game from a different company though.[/QUOTE]

It was. I don't know how they were able to use them along with Kisarah. maybe it's an intellectual property that snkp bought off or something.

kisarah needs to be in more games:drool:

[quote name='gigan54']It was. I don't know how they were able to use them along with Kisarah. maybe it's an intellectual property that snkp bought off or something.

kisarah needs to be in more games:drool:[/quote]

Hmmm...

While looking for more info it seems that Fighters Generation is gone.

wasn't Neo Geo Battle coleseum comming out on 360?

the closest thing to a fighter other than DoA4 that I would pick up on the 360 os Rumble Roses XX... and that's not even for the fighting...

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']the closest thing to a fighter other than DoA4 that I would pick up on the 360 os Rumble Roses XX... and that's not even for the fighting...[/quote]

No doubt for scenes like this:

anahumiliation7bm.gif

[quote name='Darkside Hazuki']No doubt for scenes like this:

anahumiliation7bm.gif
[/QUOTE]

you got that right ;)

actually, the queens matches are where it's at... probably the most perversely enjoyable part of the game.

I uploaded the Tekken DR PSP gamespot video... the video got real grainy from the youtube transfer, so if you really want to see how damn impressive it looks, download it from gamespot:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvYVrQ9xaAw

goofy3dl.jpg

Well gorsh! :lol:

Speaking of humliating moves, what are some of the more humliating moves in fighting games you can think of. I think getting hit by Dan's sig taunt qualifies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back