CAG Fighting Game Thread Vol. 12: Dark Resurrection

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='GuilewasNK']Nice vid. :)

I'm still surprised DR is PSP only but that should help sell some PSPs.

Speaking of fart moves, what about Earthquake in Samurai Shodown? Getting hit by his fart is mighty humiliating.[/QUOTE]

it's not as bad as Kuma's though, since it takes forever to pull off, and if you get hit by it, you should go in into a corner and slap yourself silly.

oh, and I sent a friend request on youtube for ya...

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']it's not as bad as Kuma's though, since it takes forever to pull off, and if you get hit by it, you should go in into a corner and slap yourself silly.

oh, and I sent a friend request on youtube for ya...[/quote]

Cool. Friend request accepted. :)

Laugh at my favorites! :lol:

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Cool. Friend request accepted. :)

Laugh at my favorites! :lol:[/QUOTE]

lol awsome... you have a love for round things... Picard and boobs :) good stuff

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']lol awsome... you have a love for round things... Picard and boobs :) good stuff[/quote]

:lol:

I need to find more fighting vids to add.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']:lol:

I need to find more fighting vids to add.[/QUOTE]

just type random words... that's the best way to start... and by random I don't mean "picard's boob".

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']just type random words... that's the best way to start... and by random I don't mean "picard's boob".[/quote]

:lol:

I love tomatos, I love pancakes...doesn't mean I like tomato pancakes. Same goes with Picard and boobs. :lol:

I wish I could still capture video of my PC. I'd love to do a TMNT: TF vid.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']:lol:

I love tomatos, I love pancakes...doesn't mean I like tomato pancakes. Same goes with Picard and boobs. :lol:

I wish I could still capture video of my PC. I'd love to do a TMNT: TF vid.[/QUOTE]

if you did an extensive combo video, i think you would get a ton of fanfare :)

can anyone tell me the name of this type of standing arcade caibinet?

also, what's a good site other than ebay to get a cabinet for a good price? I'm mainly looking for something to run MAME on or to just put a TV or PC in. It's not for me, but for my sisters'. They want to start building arcade cabinets and custom joysticks for artwork, so any help would be great. Links to tutorials for idiots to learn how to build custom joysticks would be a plus as well. Huge thanks on advance.

The cheapest/nicest looking cabinets are Japanese cabinets. They're the easiest to clean too, might want to look into those, I'll give some links later when I get home to show you what I'm takin about.

[quote name='MarkMan']The cheapest/nicest looking cabinets are Japanese cabinets. They're the easiest to clean too, might want to look into those, I'll give some links later when I get home to show you what I'm takin about.[/QUOTE]

awsome. thx.

how much do those double sided cabinets run for? those are real nice.

Okay I just heard from a VERY credible source.

Tekken 6 will come out in arcades first, before console.

Seeing as how Tekken is intended as a launch title for PS3.

Looks like this is going to be the fastest Tekken game to have a console version available after it's release. If this indeed pulls through.

[quote name='MarkMan']Okay I just heard from a VERY credible source.

Tekken 6 will come out in arcades first, before console.

Seeing as how Tekken is intended as a launch title for PS3.

Looks like this is going to be the fastest Tekken game to have a console version available after it's release. If this indeed pulls through.[/QUOTE]

Good news IMHO. I'd rather have it in arcade first since from then on they can have a morebalanced game on console.

also, thanks for the versus cabinets... those things are wonderful... I wish more US arcades had these since they make fighting opponents alot more interesting.

Yay! Its finally Golden Week and I can go to Osaka, get drunk, and buy games!

GGXX/, KOF Orochi Collection, and MI2 will be mine shortly! :D

ok, so I have kof: MI2 now. the game is a definite improvement over the first one.

lots of bug issues have been fixed, but i've come across a few of my own (when hitting an airborne character and comboing into his uppercut super, he dashed all the way to the other side of the stage.)

the characters models are huge improvements, although I don't like ryo's look at all. he's got this mullet thing and short hair.

everybody seems to have new specials and supers. for example, kyo has saisyu's dp+k move, iori's qcf+ c (or strong punch) looks similar to terry's round wave attack, and terry has his old rush 2 hit combo from kof 99.

jenet is my favorite (obviously) but geese and fio are good too. I still havent' played with hanzo, but I will once I get more time. speaking of hanzo, that new girl Nagase fights very similar to hanzo's style she has the same fireball, command throw and supers. my guess is that they're related.

oh and the alternate costumes are uber sweet. kula as candy, leona as rei and asuka from neon genesis evangelion, and iori as setsuna look really great.

I couldn't ever see myself paying anything close to retail for Max Impact 2... not when the first one lined bargain bin's everywhere shortly after release.

[quote name='gigan54']
oh and the alternate costumes are uber sweet. kula as candy, leona as rei and asuka from neon genesis evangelion, and iori as setsuna look really great.[/QUOTE]

from the sound of it, it's almost like KoF characters doing cosplay :lol:

out of the few extra costumes I've seen, Billy Kane's pimp suit is by far the best.

[quote name='gigan54']2002 I believe. he appeared briefly in fatal fury's team ending in kof2003 and XI[/QUOTE]

Don't forget Neowave. That's the last game he's actually been playable in.

the link isn't workign for me. do you mind uploading it to imageshack for us?

also, hope you like the control, if ti's anythign like my street fighter one, you won't be disappointed

[quote name='Apossum']freakin sweet

http://image.itmedia.co.jp/games/articles/0604/28/ge_kofx32.jpg

edit: just got my darkstalkers pad from play-asia...Haven't tried it yet-- but it came with a pack of sweet 3"x2" darkstalkers cards! There's one for each character.[/QUOTE]

link is dead...???

nice to hear the pad is good. I would love to get one, but an arcade stick is more of a priority for me ATM.

EDIT: Anyone know the best/cheapest place to buy Bloody Roar 3 and 4? I just want to pick them up since I'm runnign out of fighters to play while I wait for some of the newer stuff. Plus, I kinda missed playing it since it's such an odd concept.

MI2 is pretty solid, I got my copy yesterday. The unlockable characters are dope and it's definately an improvement over part 1. I have to get more used to the parry system, but I'm enjoying it nonetheless.

I'm glad MI2 is turning out to be good. Hopefully in the next couple years SNK will become the true kings of fighters.

Jimfoley - Is Bloody Roar 4 any good? I heard it was a major step back in the series. I have BR for Gamecube, so is their any reason to pick up BR4?

That broken link came from here. It was the old guy whose name I forget's Super move:

[quote name='Arikado']http://plusd.itmedia.co.jp/games/articles/0604/28/news011_2.html

Pics of the PS2-exclusive characters in KOFXI in action. Geese and Robert are awesome, but where's Andy?[/QUOTE]

Also, found a T5:DR machine in Madison today. I played twice and almost won a round against some kids who seemed decent :)

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']I'm glad MI2 is turning out to be good. Hopefully in the next couple years SNK will become the true kings of fighters.

Jimfoley - Is Bloody Roar 4 any good? I heard it was a major step back in the series. I have BR for Gamecube, so is their any reason to pick up BR4?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='depascal22']How is Bloody Roar 3? I've got my eye on a copy at CompUSA.[/QUOTE]

Bloody Roar 4 is pretty terrible, to be honest. The GC version is probably the 2nd best, behind Bloody Roar Extreme for Xbox IMO, Rodimus.

Depascal - Bloody Roar 3 is pretty solid, definately worth picking up for 10 or less, but even at 20 it's still a solid purchase. It's pretty fun.

[quote name='jimfoley16']Bloody Roar 4 is pretty terrible, to be honest. The GC version is probably the 2nd best, behind Bloody Roar Extreme for Xbox IMO, Rodimus..[/QUOTE]

I didn't even know they made Bloody Roar for X-Box. That completly passed my radar.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']I didn't even know they made Bloody Roar for X-Box. That completly passed my radar.[/QUOTE]

Same here... never heard of this.

thx jim for the links... I think I'll wait a bit.

I was expecting MI2 to at least be more solid than MI1, so I'm glad that my expectations are being met. It always felt like KoF on speed, and that's not totally a bad thing (in terms of gameplay, not drugs >_< )

also some interesting stuff I learned today about Lili and Dragunov:

Dragunov was in development since Tekken 3, where the Tekken team wanted a military Sambo style fighter and finally realized now was a good time.

Lili was created by the CG designers fooling around with a new CG program they got for silky hair... thus came Lili.

interesting info about dragunov and lili. I'm not that fond of tekken, but I'd like to see what they can do.

apossum, the old man's name is Tung Fu Rue

and Rodimus, you are going to love playing as Billy Kane in MI2. I prefer Lilly myself, but to each their own.

this saturn pad is nice! Tested it with CvS2, GGSlash and Tekken 5. The most noticeable improvement was in tekken-- it just felt more precise.

My only complaint is that half-circle + forward (or back) motions are tough. That'll take some getting used to, especially since I always choose Jam in GG and Hibiki in CvS.

speaking of which, there's not enough Hibiki love in this thread!!

Hibiki.jpg

most annoying turtle ever? maybe. those standing FP and MPs are a pain! :)

[quote name='gigan54']interesting info about dragunov and lili. I'm not that fond of tekken, but I'd like to see what they can do.

apossum, the old man's name is Tung Fu Rue

and Rodimus, you are going to love playing as Billy Kane in MI2. I prefer Lilly myself, but to each their own.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure I will. His design is the same but for some reason he looks really badass. Did you play it yet? I'm excited to play as Lilly, it's about time a Billy clone was made anyways.If you did play it, how does Lilly play?

Rolento - So they created an entire character from hair?

Hibiki's can slice a pizza like no other!!!
snk-hibiki.gif

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']
[/QUOTE]

yep. the artists were scrweing around and out came Lili. Shows how much thought goes into Tekken characters :lol: jk

Hibiki... the reason why she gets no love is because no one wants to give her too much love. I still say the old KoF team of Billy, Yamazaki, and Blue Mary deserve the most love.

special.gif

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']I'm sure I will. His design is the same but for some reason he looks really badass. Did you play it yet? I'm excited to play as Lilly, it's about time a Billy clone was made anyways.If you did play it, how does Lilly play?

snk-hibiki.gif
[/QUOTE]

yeah I have it in my posession:D
lily plays almsot exactly like billy but with a few exceptions. her dp+ p move has a helicopter effect if you press p when coming down. you have to press it again in order to land straight down. she has no counters, but she does have a level 3 super counter which is mega badass. she does not have billy's jumping fireball spin attack thing. I'm also assuming that she's not as strong as billy and that her defense is a tad weaker as well, just specualtion though. I prefer playing with lily over billy.

now onto some of the newer characters: luise is an annoying bitch! her sweeps combo into her overheads and vice versa. you really have to be on your toes when fighting against her. she even has an air dash which is very unfair.

Ninon plays like mignon, but she has a teleport move to get her out of trouble. I haven't played with this character much, but that's what I first noticed.

wild wolf terry can cancel most of his specials by pressin lp+lk ala garou: MOTW. he also has his LDM from kof2003.

mr. karate has a bad ass mask and plays like takuma.

classic kyo sucks. the AI is keeps falling for his qcb+p counter. I defeated the final boss by using this special right after he gets up.

I'll mess around with this game more when I have mroe free time. I'm going to go watch walk the line now. I can't belive I've put off that movie for so long.

uploaded the new IGN Tekken DR media... I'm obviously obsessed with Tekken, especially when I check www.tekken-official.jp every day.

Here's the videos

http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=RelentlessRolento

:lol: this video I found is both badass and ridiculus :rofl:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNI0WuC0P2M

I wish I could wave dash like what they did in the begininng of the video with the mishimas... :( I really need to invest in a stick soon so it won't be such a pain to do wave dashes...

and every fighting game should end up like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvs_F4vyAhk

wavedash :thumbsdown:

lightdash :thumbsup: (although only a handful of people in the US can do utilize it lol)

Koreans, always bringin the goods with the tactics. I'm sad that they're protecting their vids nowadays. It's kinda good in a way though, because most ppl just copied their strats/setups/playstyle and had no originality of their own. That video brought back some good memories.

snk-hibiki.gif

nice! is there some magical place where you guys get all these cool gifs? please post linkz.

anyone seen Street fighter Anniversary figures before? I was at Big Lots yesterday and they had a bunch of these. There was Ken, Ryu and Akuma and that's all that was on the back of the box too. They were only $5, but looked generic as hell with huge hinges and all...

Lastly-- if you have them, post your custom CvS2 characters! All I have right now is Hibiki as Yorda from ICO. pretty easy to make and she looks lot like her. when I had it for the xbox, I made a decent Ayane out of Sakura and disco Ryu, who was just a bunch of neon colors.

I remember I had a naked yuri, but my cousin erased the file to make room for some madden shit. He got a major beating when I found out about it.

Quick question to those w/ an import copy of Neogeo Battle Colliseum -

Is it blue bottom or DVD?

My ps2 is a bitch about CD games, so I hope it's a DVD...

Gigan - Thanks for the KOF MI2 info. Does Billy have any other costumes than his 97' clothes? I was hoping to see his 95' outfit.

Appossum - I did a google search for that one, but www.fightersgeneration.com has alot of gifs. It's half way done, so characters N-Z are not complete.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back