CAG PS3 Fighting Game Matchmaking Thread - Injustice out NAO!

oh I was talking in general. I know option is on a completely different level but I'm referring to the people i run into in ranked matches. I think i just need to play more and get experience so I can know how this game works. Like I'm not used to people jabbing me then walking up and grabbing me. I feel so stupid everytime that happens lol. I will say this though. I really like how much easier it is to pull off combos online compared to mvc 3.

ggs j-cart, Thanks for the tips. I'll keep those in mind for next time. Everyone here plays a variety of characters. I feel bad for only using oni lol.

Yah links in SSF4 have always been on the annoying side. I must say though that Oni has some crazy stuff. No idea how to really approach him, but pretty much everything links with one another (cr. mp to cr. hp, cr. mp to cr. mk, etc). Not sure if it was me being stupid and getting hit, but it seems like Oni's DP has some ridiculous hitbox and invincibly on start up. I dont really play a variety, I just know the moves, but not the combos. Was trying out to see what the new changes are. My character is still Bison, might have to pick up a 3s character though.

Good games F Bomb. I told you afterwards to keep the pressure on me, that is what will net you more consistent wins. Just looked at Oni's move list and the dude has target combos, learn them and end them with HK tatsu.

Found this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7M2KU8xGQk&feature=related

Oni will be a pain in the ass. How do the charge characters now stack up in AE? Bison's HK doing less damage is a bit noticeable. Dive kick characters will still be a problem for me.

Yeah I know what you mean. I’m not too fond on the whole linking normals thing but I’m starting to get used to it. I know his target combos but they don’t work on crouching opponents which is why I couldn’t connect it in our matches. The only time I managed to do it was in that stun combo where I fadc’d into it and ended with a dp. Luckily it lead to stun and I was able to do the target combo again but I accidentally ended it with a fireball lol. I try to do it when I can but opponents don’t really stay standing when I’m near them.

So right now against crouching opponents I’m trying to do (I hope I get the annotation right) cr. Lk, cr. Lp, cr. Hp xx light slash so I can fadc if it lands into the target combo and end with the dp. Except now that I think about it without meter to fadc I always get dp’d when I end that. Maybe that’s why you’re saying I should end with tatsu so it leads to a knockdown. Anyway thanks for the video. It had some neat stuff especially that kara grab thing. I might have to work on that.

[quote name='j-cart']Option plays by the rules of frame data. So he knows what he can do after a block string, what counter-hits, etc. You need to make sure you can mix him up as well. Figure out your character's positives and work from there.[/QUOTE]
That may be so, but I lose to random all the time. "Does not compute!"

Anyways, there have been reports from the SoCal scene that the PS3 version is closest to AE Arcade version. Supposedly the 360 version runs faster and inputs need to be input slower. This was briefly discussed on the Level Up stream moments ago.

Who knows.

Anyways I've been playing SFIV and unfortunately my reactions are definitely slowing down. Good games everyone. Can't wait for PC version.

Also, Super Costume pack is on sale $8.99. This is the first set of costumes. Ultra is the latest version, unfortunately not on sale.

Stupid MvC3, made me forget how to play as a charge character. Because of this, I shall now pick Dan as my main. Prepare for taunts and tatsus.

It was good games option. Need to get back into the fold of SSF4 AE, but half of me wants to play loli fighter 3 (arcana heart 3). I DON'T KNOW WHY!

That Mortal Kombat patch is awesome. I could get good games before the patch and it was possible, but since the patch I haven't played a game with extreme lag like I did before. There was one out of 7 random people that had

some extremely minor lag. I wish Capcom would learn from NRS and patch the online to MVC3 or at least fix it in Super MVC3 if that ends up being true.

[quote name='jman619']I wish Capcom would learn from NRS and patch the online to MVC3 or at least fix it in Super MVC3 if that ends up being true.[/QUOTE]

Well they kind of learned. 3sO will have GGPO.

[quote name='j-cart']Well they kind of learned. 3sO will have GGPO.[/QUOTE]

I know that, but I was talking about MVC3. I hope if Super is true they don't leave it like MVC3 was.

[quote name='j-cart']Stupid MvC3, made me forget how to play as a charge character. Because of this, I shall now pick Dan as my main. Prepare for taunts and tatsus.

It was good games option. Need to get back into the fold of SSF4 AE, but half of me wants to play loli fighter 3 (arcana heart 3). I DON'T KNOW WHY![/QUOTE]

You know that Arcana Heart game is really fun, I'd be down to play some games too.

I think Dan is pretty good once he get's up close.

[quote name='jman619']That Mortal Kombat patch is awesome. I could get good games before the patch and it was possible, but since the patch I haven't played a game with extreme lag like I did before. There was one out of 7 random people that had

some extremely minor lag. I wish Capcom would learn from NRS and patch the online to MVC3 or at least fix it in Super MVC3 if that ends up being true.[/QUOTE]

Wow, did the patch really fix the online a bit? I'll have to try that out.

[quote name='option.iv']You know that Arcana Heart game is really fun, I'd be down to play some games too.

I think Dan is pretty good once he get's up close.

Wow, did the patch really fix the online a bit? I'll have to try that out.[/QUOTE]

Its way better. Sometimes the game still drops. They haven't fixed that, but far as lag I didn't run into a single game yesterday or last night I wasn't pleased with.

[quote name='option.iv']Wow, did the patch really fix the online a bit? I'll have to try that out.[/QUOTE]

GAF says it still lags like a fucker and might actually be worse now, so beware!

[quote name='distgfx']GAF says it still lags like a fucker and might actually be worse now, so beware![/QUOTE]

Worse? That's not possible. I don't see why GAF even says that to be honest. I've played 12 different random people and none of them was that laggy.

I haven't tested ranked matches. They was terrible before. I only play player matches by going to rooms or just searching for someone.

Last edited by a moderator:
GG to everyone on AH3. Still trying to find that groove in the game. Seems like F Bomb is like a natural at it, while Paco is in it for the lulz.

ggs everyone, I could barely hear you guys over the sound of little girls moaning but from what I did hear it was very funny. 360 FTW!!!

And thanks for the complement j-cart but I did more than my fair share of mashing to get my victories lol.

Just bought AH3 on PSN. I would like to make friends with the PS3 FG dudes here on CAG. I filled out the form in the spreadsheet.

PSN - TooLateForRoses

Shit, too many fighting games to play now.

/edit: GG option. We'll see how long I stick with Dan, but as of right now for online scrubs it is a blast to win with him. I've gotten people to drop their connection because of him. That alone is worth stick with him for now.

[quote name='distgfx']Oh yea, I forgot, ggs to esper a night or two ago. 'Twas fun until my fucking internet completely crashed.[/QUOTE]

GGs to you and bullish the other night. It would be cool if we can do a Yun v. Yun, but that's never going to happen because you hate mirror matches :).

[quote name='BackInBlack']Just bought AH3 on PSN. I would like to make friends with the PS3 FG dudes here on CAG. I filled out the form in the spreadsheet.

PSN - TooLateForRoses[/QUOTE]

Welcome to the thread BackInBlack! I'll be sure to add you later on tonight. I'll play AH3 from time to time. My main focus is AE right now; so when you see me on playing AE, just ask and I'll hop on over to AH3 and get in some games with you.

[quote name='Esper']GGs to you and bullish the other night. It would be cool if we can do a Yun v. Yun, but that's never going to happen because you hate mirror matches :). [/QUOTE]

Bro, it annoyed the hell out of me when you picked Dudley against me while I was Dudley back in Super. Nothing was more satisfying than doing a Viper mirror match against you as revenge. Don't know why I hate mirror matches, they just irk me. I'd rather play a character I don't know if I have to fight my own character.

Good games jman. Actually was fun playing MK again. Though I haven't touched the game in a long time. Netcode wasn't bad, but it wasn't good either. I would put it with about MvC3 sometimes better or worse.

[quote name='distgfx']GGs to esper last night and to option this afternoon in AE. Shout outs to MK for not letting me and option play.[/QUOTE]

What you mean not letting you play? I assume your talking about lag.

Cot Damn, Option. I want to play Doom and Spiderman now.

Also, I don't know what's happening half of the time I'm playing against you.

[quote name='jman619']What you mean not letting you play? I assume your talking about lag.[/QUOTE]

Game refused to give him freedom

387.gif

GGs ura in SF. No idea why MK kept booting me, maybe I'll host next time.

GGs Frank in MvC, it was good to play you again.

GGs Esper and Paco in AH3, such a great game to pass the time.

I can't wait for 3sO. Shit is gonna be off the hook!

[quote name='jman619']What you mean not letting you play? I assume your talking about lag.[/QUOTE]

We get to the character select screen, we move around the screen, we choose our characters then promptly get disconnected.

[quote name='distgfx']We get to the character select screen, we move around the screen, we choose our characters then promptly get disconnected.[/QUOTE]

Very odd that didn't happen when I played option and we played several matches. Sometimes I get that message the game session is no longer available, but that rarely happens.

[quote name='distgfx']We get to the character select screen, we move around the screen, we choose our characters then promptly get disconnected.[/QUOTE]

Were you using any alternate costumes? There's a thing going around that any alternate costumes will cause the game to desync.

[quote name='Esper']GGs to paco and option in loli heart 3 yesterday.

Capcom Capcom Capcom; that's an amazing discovery.[/QUOTE]

Yo, wtf, you edited the post I was about to respond to!

yowtf.jpg

[quote name='option.iv']I can't wait for 3sO. Shit is gonna be off the hook![/QUOTE]
So fucking true.

I might actually play it online, unlike my two week old copy of BBCS that's gathering dust.

[quote name='maigoyume']You punks are gonna get it once 3SO comes around, I played that game for 8 fuck-ing years[/QUOTE]

What did I do?!

[quote name='distgfx']What did I do?![/QUOTE]Nothing and you won't be doing much else once 3SO comes out either :cool: or
when I'm through with you :hot:

[quote name='maigoyume']You punks are gonna get it once 3SO comes around, I played that game for 8 fuck-ing years[/QUOTE]

Maaan. . .I ain't gettin' SHIT when it comes around. :nottalking:

I played it for 11 fucking years. And I'm not even good. :cry: I am free as in beer, so to speak.

[quote name='maigoyume']Nothing and you won't be doing much else once 3SO comes out either :cool: or
when I'm through with you :hot:
[/QUOTE]

Bro, I had zero competition for that game but I loved playing the fuck out of it.

[quote name='maigoyume']I'd say skill level I'm above average, you guys are getting me stoked for this, the only way they can screw it up is if its lagtacular.[/QUOTE]

Who do you play?

bread's done
Back